alaska | grey's anatomy

By friessssssssss

ā‡¢ "Oh, my God. You're a virgin." "Don't-!" "I just had the best sex of my life with a virgin." ā‡¢ "...We're j... More

ā‡¢ C A S T ā‡ 
ā‡¢ P L A Y L I S T ā‡ 
ā‡¢ G R A P H I C S ā‡ 
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 1
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 2
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 3
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 4
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 5
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 6
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 7
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 8
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 9
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 10
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 11
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 12
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 13
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 14
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 15
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 16
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 17
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 18
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 19
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 20
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 21
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 22
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 23 - A.U.
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 24
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 25
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 26
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 27
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 29
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 30
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 31
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 32
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 33
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 34
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 35
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 36 ; EXTRAS
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 37
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 38
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 39
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 40
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 41 ; EXTRAS
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 42
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 43
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 44
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 45
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 46
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 47
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 48
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 49
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 50
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 51
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 52
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 53
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 54
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 55
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 56
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 57
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 58
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 59
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 60
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 61
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 62
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 63
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 64
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 65
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 66
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 67
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 68
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 69
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 70
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 71
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 72
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 73
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 74
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 75
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 76 - A.U.
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 77
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 78
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 79
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 80
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 81
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 82
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 83
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 84
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 85
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 86
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 87
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 88
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 89
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 90
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 91 - EXTRA

ā‡¢ CHAPTER 28

22.5K 795 173
By friessssssssss

season 6 episode 6

Holly leaned back in her chair as she folded her arms in front of her, "This sucks."

Reed looked away from the door and glanced at the floor, "Someone's getting fired."

April, who was sitting next to her, whispered at her, "Stop it."

"She wasn't even my patient." Charles complained, making Cristina glare at him, "What?"

"Nothing."

Alex, who had his head resting on his hand, asked, "How long is this gonna take?"

"Why," Jackson mocked, "you need to make a phone call?"

While Charles snickered, Holly rolled her eyes before Alex jumped out of his seat to start attacking Jackson. Which made the attending surgeons try and break up the fight while Holly, Reed, Lexie, and April went into a verbal fight-- both sides defending their own people.

"That's enough!" Webber yelled out, walking out of the room which instantly made the shouting cease but Alex continued to try and get out of Shepherd's arms, "I said enough!" Alex, with a heavy sigh, sat back down, "What happened here tonight, what happened to that patient, was inexcusable. And we're gonna be here till I find out who's responsible for it. So until then, you will sit down, you will shut up and you'll wait to be called." The residents either sat or stood in silence, all looking down at the ground as the Chief called his first witness, "Hunt."

Coming back from leaving her patient to take their M.R.I. scan, Holly went to the E.R. to see if she could help in any way and immediately bumped into Lexie, who was crying her eyes out.

"Lex, what--what happened?" Holly asked, placing her hands on the girl's shoulder.

"I--"

"She can't breathe." A little boy informed Holly as Lexie walked away.

Holly crouched down, "No, she's okay. She just--"

"My mom." The little boy corrected, "She can't breathe."

"It was a pneumothorax." Holly informed Webber, Jennings, and the woman from H.R. as she sat in front of them, relaying the memory for them.

"What's that?" Jennings asked, looking at Webber for an answer.

"Her lung collapsed." Webber responded.

Holly placed her hand on the woman's chest as she began counting, "One... two... th--"

"Danny..." The patient spoke out, "don't let him see me die."

"You're not gonna die." Holly assured, "I've got you." She began counting again, "One... two..."

Webber leaned forward, "You got the chest tube in?"

"Yes-- well, no." Holly corrected, "I-I was getting there. I was counting--"

"Did you go in below the fifth intercostal space?" Webber interrupted, "You could've punctured her diaphragm."

"I know." Holly nodded, "I know-- I was counting, but I lost my place."

"Why?"

Holly gazed over at her patient looking to the side as she continued, "Four..."

Holly took a step back in shock after Jackson walked over and hit his fist against the patient's chest-- relieving the pressure, which made the patient gasp for air.

"Did you get the chest tube in?" Webber pried.

"I did." Holly stuttered, "I-I did. I just--"

"She did." Jackson answered once he was called into the room and Holly was in the waiting room again, "She just missed a step."

Jackson rushed over and hit his fist against the patient's chest-- relieving the pressure, which made the patient gasp for air and Holly take a step back at the shock of it all. She looked over and frowned her eyebrows, "What'd you do that for?"

"I had to, okay?" Jackson defended his actions, "She was running out of time."

"It was a tension pneumothorax." Jackson responded, "You have to relieve the pressure so that she doesn't croak before you put the chest tube in." Holly breathed out and looked over the patient, realizing her mistake in not remembering and Jackson spoke in a soft voice, "Do you want me to do it?"

"No," Holly shook her head, looking back at the patient, "I-I can do it." She counted again, "Three, four, five."

"And did she have it?" Webber squinted his eyes at Jackson.

"Yeah," Jackson nodded, "I watched. She-- She was a little distracted, but---"

"You were distracted?" Webber accused as Holly sat back down on the chair after Jackson left, "What were you--"

Holly raised her hand in surrender, "Yang made a toddler cry." 

"And did you stay with the patient after you put in the chest tube?"

"No." Holly answered directly, which made Webber tilt his head and Holly continued, "My patient came back from his M.R.I. scan and I was paged into surgery with Shepherd."

"Did you ever see Kathy Becker again?"

"Yes." Holly nodded.

Holly walked inside of Kathy Becker's trauma room as she saw Charles, Reed, April, Cristina, Alex, and Jackson-- along with a few nurses, working hard to save their patient's life as the monitor rang out a continuous beep and blood poured out of her.

"Just stop." Derek advised, his voice unheard from the voices of the residents all suggesting different things, "Stop. Everybody, stop! It's over. You've lost her." Holly grabbed the chart and passed it to him as everybody became silent, "Somebody call it." 

All the residents looked back at each other.

"Well, whose patient is she?" Derek looked around at the residents, "Whose patient is this?"

Holly exhaled lightly as she leaned back in her chair, staring at her shoes as Jackson's gaze went from his own shoes to her and Reed walked out of the room, a guilty look on her face.

Picking up on the guilty look towards her, April stood up and grabbed Reed's arm, "What?"

"I-I'm sorry." Reed apologized, looking back at the Chief as he opened the door, "I am so, so sorry."

"Dr. Kepner." Webber announced, making Holly look over at April before she stood up-- hoping he was calling her in instead. Dr. Webber shook his head, "The other Dr. Kepner."

Holly looked over at April as she sat back down slowly, seeing April's face turn back to the Chief before looking back at Reed, "What-- What did you tell them? What did you say?"

Reed only pursed her lips before she turned around and walked away, leaving April alone to watch her retreating figure as the other residents stared at the two in confusion of what happened.

"I-I missed an airway." April sighed, closing her eyes as she sat on the bench with Holly packing her things in her bag.

"It happens, April." Holly commented, wanting to have her stop the self-deprecation, "People make mistakes--"

"My mistake cost a patient's life." April reasoned, stammering, "I-I..."

"You," Holly began, placing her hands on April's shoulders, "are an excellent doctor. And anyone could've made that mistake, the Chief just needed to make more cuts-- and it..." Holly shrugged, "it sucks that you were the one to make it because I was really excited to beat your ass in surgeries." 

April laughed as she rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around Holly as she began to tear up, "I'm gonna miss you-- again."

Holly wrapped her arms around April, chuckling, "Me, too."

Holly exhaled as she rested her head on April's shoulder and looped her arm around with her sister's, walking down the hall as Lexie, Reed, Charles, Jackson, and Cristina stared at the two.

"Just ignore them." Holly whispered, continuing to walk.

"April." Reed tried-- her pleads ignored as April opened the door and walked away with her sister.

✧✧✧

i can't get over the fact that holly + jackson = jolly :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 320 30
Grey's anatomy imagines for your faves!! Requests are currently close for now, I've received a bunch of them so I'm trying to deal with my irl stuff...
4.2K 156 19
"She would admit that she didn't mind April as much as she did when she first met her.. perhaps she liked her a little more than she liked most peopl...
2.7K 73 12
Meredith and Derek start off young like 10 years old young and Derek has a crush on Meredith but he is scared to talk to her when she goes out side t...
809K 27.3K 37
- š’š‹šŽš– š”ššƒš€š“š„š’ - ā can you stop with the compliments? āž ā never. āž ā maybe dreams are meant to just stay as that, dreams. āž ā n...