Zodiac Heroes - Cast Down to...

By confusions-scrolls

The first step of Orion's plan is complete. The Zodiac Signs have now been banished down to Earth, with no me... More

Character Introduction
Prologue - Plan Complete
Chapter 1 - High School
Author's Note 1 - Happy (late) Sagittarius Season 2019!
Chapter 2 - Crushes
Chapter 3 - The Dorms
Chapter 4 - Attendance
Chapter 5 - Free Period
Author's Note 2 - Happy Capricorn Season 2019 (Plus An Anouncement)
Chapter 6 - The Piano
A Christmas Special That Nobody Asked For But Here It Is Anyways
Chapter 7 - That Girl
200+, Actually No, 300+ Reads! (I Got Tagged)
Happy Aquarius Season!
Chapter 8 - Long List of Ex-Lovers
A Lil' Announcement Before We Move On To Chapter 9
❤️🧡💛Valentine's Day Special💚💙💜
Chapter 9 - Detention
¡Not A Chapter! Something Smells A Little Fishy (Pun Intended)
Chapter 10 - Two Broken Boys
Chapter 11 - A Scientific Mystery
Chapter 12 - Cold Autumn Day
Bonus Chapter - Truth Or Dare (This Chapter Is Cursed)
A Special Chapter Because It's My Birthday!
Chapter 13 - Everything's Suspicious
Chapter 14 - Fallen Stars
Chapter 15 - Rainbow Scarf
Chapter 16 - Brother to Brother
Chapter 17 - Sincerely
Chapter 18 - Family Reunion
Chapter 19 - Fork In the Road
Chapter 20 - The Code of Lady Liberty
Incorrect Quotes For 2K Reads!
Chapter 21 - Scrolls
Chapter 22 - Code Cracking and a Confession
Chapter 23 - Panic Attack
Chapter 24 - Planets
Chapter 25 - Why Orion Keeps Popping Up In Every Conversation
April Fool's Special - The Zodiac Signs On April Fool's Day
Chapter 26 - Who's Ouranos? (Plus Another Tag)
Chapter 27 - Meet Up At Starbucks
Chapter 28 - Stargazing
Get To Know The Planets And Stuff
Chapter 29 - The Truth Is Proven
Chapter 30 - Our Classmates Are Stars, Literal Stars
Chapter 31 - Cafeteria Catastrophe
Sorry This Isn't A Chapter
Chapter 32 - A Little Too Depressing
Chapter 34 - Deciphering a Portal Spell
Chapter 35 - Afraid of Love
Chapter 36 - Urgent Video Call
Epilogue - The Contract
Final A/N
Memorable Quotes
Confusion's Other Books
Bonus Short 1 - Everlasting Friendships
SEQUEL! (Also Kind of Bonus Short 2 - Christmas Spirit)

Chapter 33 - Ophiuchus Appears Again

421 20 39
By confusions-scrolls

Sagittarius

Aries, Leo and I were on our way back from Central Park when all the fuss started.

"I'm glad that all this Ophiuchus business is over." said Leo. "Now we can finally relax-"

I quickly put my hand over his mouth. "Don't say that! You'll jinx us!"

"Why not?" He protested. "All of those Ophiuchus related shenanigans happened well over a week ago!"

"As much as Leo has a point, I'll have to agree with Sag." Aries piped up. "Besides, Ophiuchus is apparently also some psychic super villain, who knows if she might just pop out of nowhere."

I groaned in frustration. "Stop trying to jinx us!"

Leo looked at me sideways. "Jeez, Sag, what happened to you today? You said that a quick stroll in the great outdoors would make you feel better."

"I know, I know, it's just that-" I paused. "I reckon it's just that something's been on my mind, you know? Now that we've been exposed to this stuff about Celestia I can't stop thinking about it!" Hesitating, I added, "And perhaps Pisces just keeps mentioning it."

"Typical Pisces." Aries responded.

I laughed. "Yeah, typical Pisces. Anyways, what do you think Ms Medea is up to these days-"

My voice faltered as my eyes stopped at a familiar warehouse. Something about it just didn't seem right.

"Hey, isn't that the Planets' warehouse?" asked Leo.

I slowly made my way towards the building, with Aries and Leo following behind me. As I got to the warehouse, I realised that the door was open.

"The door's open." I said. "That's not good."

"No shit, Sherlock." Leo replied sarcastically, stepping into the warehouse.

"I don't think it's a good idea to-" Aries started.

"It's completely deserted." said Leo, ignoring Aries' warning. "Gosh, where did the Planets go- Goddammit lady, where'd you come from?!" Leo's alarmed voice came from inside the building.

I quickly slammed the door against the wall, running into the warehouse to find out where Leo was, with Aries following behind me.

There, we found a struggling Leo being held tightly by a familiar figure. Her lilac coloured locks covered a side of her face, while her bottle green eye watched us carefully.

"Nice of you to drop by for a chat." Ophiuchus smirked. "I was wondering when I'd run into 'the famous Zodiac Signs' again."

"Let Leo go." I growled through gritted teeth.

Ophiuchus let out a laugh. "Or what? You'll burn me to death? You don't even have your powers!"

"Believe me, we'll do it, with or without powers." Aries threatened her.

"Well, if you two are going with threats, I might as well do the same." said Ophiuchus, pulling a dagger out of its sheath around her waist and holding it up to Leo's throat.

"Woah, calm down!" Leo shouted, trying to edge away from the blade. "That's murder, and murder is not okay!"

Ophiuchus didn't move her arm. "That's what the mortals say. If you remembered what it was like back in the day- oh wait, you don't." She taunted us.

"Okay, I have no idea what you're talking about, but spare us the details and drop the blade." I demanded.

"Alright, I'll admit, I'm not a human." Ophiuchus admitted. "I'm Celestian, much like the former inhabitants of this warehouse, and more importantly," A sly grin appeared on her face. "Much like you."

Aries heaved an exasperated sigh. "Enough with the Celestia shit, we've got that already. Just tell us how you have psychic powers and why you're doing this."

"Huh, you remind me of Scorpio when we talked the other day. Are all Zodiac Signs like this?" Ophiuchus asked.

I could tell from the expression on Aries' face that he did not like Ophiuchus bringing his sister into this.

"Give us the story." I demanded.

"Okay, okay, fine." said Ophiuchus, still not having moved the dagger in her hand. "I'll tell you the story.

"Sure, sure, you Zodiac Signs were special. I mean, the Greeks chose you twelve to represent the zodiac wheel all those years ago, and I'll admit, I'm jealous. I was, too, a zodiac sign, but long before the zodiac wheel was further revised. The Babylonians had a zodiac wheel too, including 13-18 zodiac constellations: you twelve, me, and a couple others. I got dropped from the list when the Babylonians reduced the zodiac wheel to twelve major zodiacs.

"All my life, I've been asking myself, why were you guys chosen and not me? I mean, we're constellations all the same, and we aren't more special than each other. I suppose I did make myself a bit of a bad reputation by being the daughter of the 'tyrant conqueror' Orion. But you twelve have been recognised for being 'The Zodiac Signs' ever since the start. And for no good reason really.

"I was just a simple Celestian, you know, just living my life. And you ask where I got my powers from. I was born with these. Every Celestian is born with powers, so don't go thinking that you're so special for having them too. We aren't very different. We were all zodiac signs. We were all once equals. So I don't know why the damn hell I was dropped from the list-"

Ophiuchus was interrupted by Leo, who kicked her in the leg and dodged her dagger as she tumbled over, losing her balance.

Aries and I stared at him.

"What?" He asked, looking and Aries and I. "Stop it with the weird looks, you know that that monologue was boring as hell."

"It kind of was." I admitted. "But it's hard to believe that Ophiuchus did this out of jealousy."

Ophiuchus had gotten up. The other side of her face was revealed, exposing her other eye, which was a shade of amethyst purple.

"You know what, I'm done!" Ophiuchus shouted as her purple eye started to glow. "You Zodiac Signs and Planets are always ruining stuff for me. Father was right, you do deserve what's coming for you. I don't know why I doubted him in the first place."

She whipped a lilac purple orb out of her cloak. The orb had some sort of icon on it, which looked something like a constellation. Ophiuchus held the ball up high and yelled something that I didn't understand. The orb started glowing, illuminating the entire room.

The light was so bright that I had to shield my eyes with my hands.

"Oi, are you trying to blind us?" Aries asked angrily, shielding himself from the bright light.

Just at that moment, the Planets burst into the warehouse. As they entered the room, they also shielded themselves from the light.

"There's Ophiuchus!" Jupiter yelled, pointing at the bright sphere of light that was forming around Ophiuchus.

Before anyone could react, a brighter light shone, along with a gust of wind, knocking everybody off their feet.

~~~

"Urgh..." Leo grunted, trying to get off his feet.

I looked around. Where Ophiuchus once stood on the carpet was replaced with an ash circle. "What the heck-"

"And she had the decency to ruin the carpet as well!" Neptune complained.

"Priorities, Neptune, priorities." Uranus sighed, shaking her head.

Sun, the tall blonde with the golden eyes, turned to Aries, Leo and I. "What happened before we arrived? Did Ophiuchus do anything to you?"

We all looked at each other, unsure of whether or not we should respond.

Finally, Aries started, "Well-"

"She tried to murder me!" Leo interrupted.

"She started monologuing, then got mad at us for no reason, whipped out her fancy orb thing and vanished in a flash of light." I explained. "And also she tried to murder Leo."

"And also, where the heck where you guys?" asked Aries. "I thought you lived here!"

Mars, a red haired boy with mahogany brown eyes, said, "We relocated ourselves. Just after Pluto received a phone call from Scorpio warning us about Ophiuchus, she attacked our warehouse. In the end, we decided that the best thing to do was to move."

"But now she's gone, we can move back." Saturn, a brown haired Planet, spoke.

"That's a relief!" Mercury exclaimed. "I missed this place!"

Venus, a blonde haired girl with pale pink eyes, knelt down to examine the ash circle on the carpet. "I think she went back to Celestia."

I joined her to examine the carpet. "Well, I guess that'll be the last time we'll see Ophiuchus in a very long time."

~~~

AAAAAAND she's gone.

Say goodbye to Ophiuchus everybody. If she's feeling nice, she probably won't yeet you at a trash can.

Thanks for reading! Have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

Confusion owo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 35 30
A long time ago, there were such a things as Zodiac's in the night sky. They came every now and then, brothers and sisters. They all dreamed to be wi...
10 0 1
Long ago the zodiac signs were viewed as God's. When they "died" pieces of them stayed behind and brought them to their descendants. These peices hel...
24.4K 347 44
The twelve signs of the zodiac are a long forgotten legend. No one knows nor cares what their sign is anymore. However the world is slowly falling ap...
4.8K 169 17
⭒ 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ⭒ ♈︎ • ♉︎ • ♊︎ • ♋︎ • ♌︎ • ♍︎ • ♎︎ • ♏︎ • ♐︎ • ♑︎ • ♒︎ • ♓︎ Imagine a world where the twelve constellations in th...