The Daughter of the Alpha King

By xCuriousWriterx

She is sweet. He is cruel. She wants freedom. He wants her all to his self. ~*~ Roselyn has been a good littl... More

Prologue
The Daughter of the Alpha King
Ch. 1 - Riding in a carriage
Ch. 2 - The Proposal
Ch. 3 - First time saying 'No'
Ch. 4 - What Happened?
Authors Note
Ch. 5 - Please Don't Tell
Ch. 6 - Seized
Ch. 7 - Meeting my Mate
Ch. 8 - Logan
Ch. 9 - No Sparks?
Ch. 10 - You Jerk
Dear Readers:
Ch. 11 - How is it my fault?
Ch. 12 - Stitches and Apologizes
Ch. 13 - Running for dear life
Author's Note
Ch. 14 - Hide and Seek
Ch. 15 - Knight in Shining Armor
Ch. 16 - You Disobeyed Me
Ch. 17 - You truly are a monster
Ch. 18 - Possessive Alpha
Ch. 19 - Alpha Winston
Ch. 20 - Is she dead?
Ch. 21 - Sleeping Beauty
Ch. 22 - Angry She Wolf
Ch. 23 - Controlling Rae
Ch. 24 - Jessyca
Ch. 25 - Rose is an alpha?
Ch. 26 - Wolfsbane
Ch. 27 - Facing the truth
Ch. 28 - The Attack
Ch. 29 - Special Prisoner
Ch. 30 - The Flyer
Ch. 31 - Banished
Ch. 32 - Black Knights pt. 1
Ch. 33 - Black Knights pt. 2
Ch. 34 - Iris
Ch. 35 - The Plan
Ch. 36 - Luna
Ch. 37 - Blood Alpha
Ch. 38 - Blood Alpha is dead
Ch. 39 - New Beginnings?
Ch. 40 - Bad Dreams
Ch. 41 - Transitioning
Ch. 42 - I Love You
Ch. 43 - Logan is back
Ch. 44 - Forever Promise
Ch. 45 - Mates
Ch. 46 - Ceremony pt. 1
Ch. 48 - King Charles
Ch. 49 - King of Rogues
Ch. 50 - Going Back Home
Ch. 51 - Old Friends
Ch. 52 - Light in my Life
Ch. 53 - Battle Plans
Ch. 54 - Counting Days
Ch. 55 - War
Ch. 56 - Dexter
Ch. 57 - Dexter's Story
Ch. 58 - Traitor
Ch. 59 - Chase
Ch. 60 - Come and Get Me
Ch. 61 - Destiny
Ch. 62 - Ending It All
Ch. 63 - Our Story
Epilogue
Author's Note : Surprise!

Ch. 47 - Ceremony pt. 2

3.1K 123 3
By xCuriousWriterx

Iris

After putting my red heels on I looked at myself in the mirror. My red dress was sparkling matching my shoes and my rainbow colored hair straight down my back.

I really didn't want to go to the ceremony. I nearly choked on my drink when Rose told me that Logan was introducing her to Dark Eclipse.

Didn't think that would happen. But as much as I didn't want to go, I was going to support my best friend.

I also knew that my time of avoiding James would come to an end tonight when I see him at the ceremony.

There was a slim slim chance that I wouldn't be seen by James but I highly doubt it.

I heard the music playing from outside and took a deep breath. I pulled my hair to cover my mark, my mate mark from James.

I tried not to think of that night with him but it stuck in my mind like how a tattoo is permanent on your skin. Which I had a tattoo already of that night on my skin so that's just great.

'I miss James.' Vera whimpered.

'Vera no. I'm sorry but we can't.' I said but regretted saying instantly.

'Iris you can't deny your feelings to James anymore.' She replied.

She was right. James could feel my emotions now but I had been blocking him out completely.

'Feelings or not, I can't be with him.' I knew she was going to hate this part, 'I'm going to reject him.'

'What? No! Iris please don't. Think of how much it'll hurt James and you.' She cried to me.

'I'm sorry Vera but this is how it has to be.' I shut my eyes and shut my wolf out.

If I saw James tonight, I was going to reject him.

I walked down the stairs and out of the guest house making my way to the ceremony. I had to admit, the decorations were beautiful, Logan did know how to make things fancy.

Doing my best to not be seen I hid amongst the crowd and chugged a glass of wine. I quickly grabbed another and chugged it too.

I grabbed my third and walked behind the buffet when I spotted James sitting next to Rose at one of the tables.

I could overhear their conversation.

"And I get that. I really do. I just, I don't know how to help or what to do. I feel like we're stuck and might not get past this." James said to her.

"You will James. Don't give up on her, she's very tough so sometimes you just have to do an extra nudge." I promised.

I watched hiding behind on of the pillars as the people began to chant Roselyn's name and James nudge her in the direction to the stage.

I watched Rose as she walked up and Logan took her in his arms, she smiled and I noticed the way he looked at her. It was filled with adoration.

The way they looked at each other was very heartwarming to me. My best friend was happy and safe with her mate who has finally gotten over his blood alpha phase.

As Logan started his speech I decided it was a good time to disappear back into the house since he had everyone's attention.

I set my wine glass down on a random table and begin to walk back when someone calls my name.

"Iris?" I mentally groaned closing my eyes not wanting to turn around.

But my body disobeyed me turning my around to face him.

When I saw him I no longer wanted to reject him. He was perfect. He looked dashing in his clothes, his hair slicked back, his eyes focused on my body.

I had to fight the urge to jump his bones.

"I've been looking for you for days. I want to talk." James said moving his gaze to my eyes.

"Can we talk after the ceremony? I don't want to ruin-"

"No this can't wait till after the ceremony. You're going to be apart of it so we have to discuss it." He demanded.

I looked at him confused. "What are you talking about?"

"I've asked Logan to introduce you as the new Beta Female." James rushed taking my hand.

Oh no he didn't. He did not.

"You did what?" I gasped, "You didn't even ask if I was okay with it. Well here's your answer no. No way." I yanked my hand away furious at him.

How dare he think he has the right to introduce me when he didn't even ask. It's a two person thing, relationships have 2 people in it not one.

"I can't believe you." I said in disbelief turning on my heel running back into the house.

I slammed the door behind me running in my heels but I heard the door open quick.

"Wait Iris!" He called out to me but I ignored him.

I was about to start up the stairs when I felt myself being picked up and carried away.

"Let me go!" I shouted trying to get out of his grip until he put me on the couch standing in front of me.

"No you're not leaving until we talk. What's going on with you? You've been avoiding me." He asked crossing his arms.

I glared at him. "How dare you go behind my back and tell Logan you want me as your Beta Female."

"Okay I'm sorry about that, I should've asked you. But that's not your problem, something else is bothering you."

I rolled my eyes not looking at him. I hated looking at him. Not that he wasn't amazing to look at but that I was mad at him.

"You can roll your eyes all you want but you're not leaving till you tell me."

I growled. "My problem is this!" I pointed to my mark on my shoulder.

His gaze softened into confusion.

"My mark? Did you not want me to mark you?"

He looked so injured when I growled at him. Maybe that's why I broke down crying.

"I'm ashamed. I betrayed him."

"Why are u ashamed? Betrayed who?"

The name I desperately never wanted him to know came out of my lips.

"Ian."

I sobbed like a baby deepening into the couch. I felt the couch dip meaning that James was sitting next to me.

"You feel guilty because you cheated on him by sleeping with me?" James asked carefully.

My eyes widened. "No I didn't cheat...cheat on him because...he's dead."

FLASHBACK

I waited next to the big tree while Roselyn's birthday ball was happening. Ian and I had planned to meet secretly during her ball seeing as everyone would be distracted for a while.

I looked at the tower that held the clock. It read 10:46. Where was Ian? He was supposed to meet me at 10:45.

"Hey baby." I heard his voice behind me.

"Ian!" I whispered loudly, "You're late!"

Ian playfully smiled at me as I stood puffing my lip out in annoyance.

"My apologizes Lady Iris." Ian bowed, "I wanted to give my beautiful mate this flower for whom she's named after."

He pulled an iris flower behind his back holding it to me. I blushed taking the flower and holding it to my heart.

"Sir Ian you do know how to charm a girl." I flirted to him.

Ian grabbed my hips pulling me to him.

"The only girl I want to charm is my mate." He kissed me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Tonight was our last night here in the kingdom. Ian and I made secret plans to run away so we could be together.

I pulled away from the kiss. "Let's go." I grabbed his hand to leave but he stayed in place.

"Iris." He frowned, "Are you sure you want to do this? To leave your brothers, your home, your best friend?"

I looked at the castle hearing everyone partying and laughing the lights shining through. I hated it here but I once loved it.

I touched my mates cheek. "Ian we can't stay here. If we stay we won't be able to be together, I'll be married and soon you will too."

"But you'll happy. I don't know what kind of life I could give you if we were to run."

"I won't ever be happy here if I can't be with you. I don't care what life I live as long as you're in it."

"Such a shame that it won't ever happen." Another voice said.

Ian and I whipped our heads and saw Garrett, the asshat, that I am supposed to be marrying.

Ian pulled me behind him and was already growling while Garrett was smiling evilly.

"What are doing here Garrett?" I snapped.

He shrugged. "I was curious as to where my fiancé was sneaking off to. And what do I find, her with a lowlife pathetic warrior."

Ian growled loudly. "She's not your fiancé."

"And she'll never be yours. She's betrothed to me always has been since her birth and always will be till I die." Garrett laughed.

I could feel Ian's body shaking, I knew what Garrett was doing. He wanted to get a rise out of Ian so he could finally fight him.

Ian took a step forward and immediately Garrett pulled a gun from his side aiming it at Ian.

"Ian." I gasped trying to jump in front of him but he pushed me behind him again.

"As always Garrett." Ian smirked, "Hiding behind a weapon. Too much of a coward to fight."

Garrett scowled. "She might choose you but on our wedding night she'll forget all about you. The way I'll f*ck her, the way she'll be screaming my name—"

That was it for Ian. Ian let out a snarl and tackled Garrett to the ground and the gun flew in the air.

I watched as they transformed into their wolves and fought viciously.

"Ian! Garrett! Stop!" I yelled trying to get in the middle but they were fighting too deep into each other.

I ran to where the gun fell and cocked it aiming at the two wolves.

I panicked. I didn't know who was who. I shifted the gun from the brown wolf to the other brown wolf.

Before I could make my choice on who was who I was hit on my side by someone. As that person and I fell to the ground they grabbed the gun in my hand and I pulled the trigger.

A loud pop sound went out and my ears rang from the noise. I felt as if the air had been taken from me, my heart was being squeezed and pulled out of my body.

I let out a bloody scream as I felt death wash over my body crippling me from moving off the ground.

I opened my eyes to see a body lying on the floor twitching slightly gasping for life.

The body's head turned to me and Ian's face was fading.

"IAN!" I screamed in pain and heartbreak crawling toward him.

I reached his body hovering over his wound trying to stop the bleeding in his chest with my hands.

"Ian! No. No!" I sobbed uncontrollably, "I'm so sorry. Ian don't leave me. You can't leave me! Ian. Please baby. Don't go. I need you here with me. Stay with me!"

His breathing was shallow as his eyes had a faraway look in them.

He struggled to touch my hands with his as he tried to breathe enough to say 3 words.

"I- love..you..." Ian croaked and his eyes forever closed.

END OF FLASHBACK

"I killed him... I killed my mate." I finished telling James without looking at him.

The pain from that night hit my body as if it was happening all over again. The pain that crippled me for days, scratch that, it crippled me everyday until I met James.

"Iris, it wasn't your fault." James spoke softly touching my knee.

"But it was. I pulled the trigger and I killed him." I whimpered.

James scooped me up pulling me into his lap as I cried in his neck.

"But you didn't aim it baby. It wasn't your fault. And I know Ian could never blame you." He defended rocking me.

I sniffled lifting my head up. "I don't feel like I deserve a second mate."

James's face turned serious but kind. "Iris don't say that. I'm so thankful and happy that you're my mate. Thank you for telling me I know it must've been really hard but thank you so much for opening up to me."

He entwined our fingers and my pain I felt was gone. My body felt new and strong ever since I met him and I knew that I was letting Ian go.

Ian would always be in my heart but James was the one who I was destined to be with.

Suddenly we heard a crash followed by hundreds of screams and shouts.

James and I raced out of the house and ran to the ceremony to find everything being destroyed.

Men on horses were rampaging through the tables, chairs, and the gazebo.

Dark Eclipse scrambled around trying to dodge the attacks and I saw him.

In the middle of the commotion, a man on a white horse in golden armor took his helmet off and I saw him.

"King Charles."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1.4K 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Star has her entire life planned out, and it's been like that since she was younger. She's been in the best schools, which...
2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...
59.8K 1.4K 23
Reyna Maree is an abused girl who has a rough life. So when her mate rejects her, she is pushed to her limit. So she runs away and finds a new pack...
28.8K 1.1K 36
For Vivian and Rowland Carter life couldn't get any better. They were the Alpha and Luna of one of the world's biggest Pack of wolves. They had the l...