A Promise : To You For You

By francy1606

••§§•• (Excerpt) 'She turned around from the window and saw the mess she had created in her room. Events from... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (part 1)
Chapter 18 (part 2)
Chapter 19
Covers
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Message/Notice
Summary- (Part 1)
Summary (Part 2)
Summary (Part 3)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
New chapter
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 22

233 11 6
By francy1606

~Author's P.O.V.~

Nikhil strode inside Rheyan's cabin ignoring the various loud protests by Shree in the background.

He was furious.

How could Rheyan be so careless? How could he do that even after knowing the risk he would be taking?
He thought in disappointment.

He, with the other business associates, waited for Rheyan for one and half hour at the meeting with bank executives which was preponed at the last moment but Rheyan didn't turn up there.

Many associates along with the bank executives were disappointed by his unprofessional behaviour and lack of dedication toward the project. They had hinted Nikhil that there were very high chances of them backing away from the partnership in project, when he had apologized on Rheyan's behalf.
And that sent him haywire.

Banging his right hand clenched into a fist, on Rheyan's desk in anger with great amount of force, he snapped at him.

"What was that stunt of Yours! Why didn't you come there?"

Rheyan regarded the man standing in front of him with stony expression on his face, barely controlling himself from snapping back at his business partner knowing it wasn't his fault that he didn't know the reason behind his absence at the meeting.

But before he could start explaining himself, Nikhil spoke up again, furiously,

"Do you have any idea how did I handle situation there? They were so disappointed that they threatened me that they would back away from the project."

Now Rheyan's cold, stony expressions were regarded toward Ahana who was sitting in the chair wearing a shocked expression on her face, while Nikhil continued to take his anger out on him.

"Do you understand what severe consequences will follow up if that happened? This business will collapse in just one blink of eye!" He enlightened exasparately moving his hands in air gesturing to the office building.

Rheyan was very well aware of the consequences which was the main reason for his outburst but listening to the same thing from someone else snapped something inside him.
His jaw ticked while hands balled into fists.
He couldn't let that happen.

Any colour, if, had left after Rheyan's outburst drained off Ahana's face upon hearing Nikhil. She was trying to wrap her mind around every information she had gotten in pieces.

If what Nikhil said became true, she was sure that her life would came to an end just because of a mere feeling, called guilt.

• guilt of being reason behind her sister's death

• guilt for not being able to help her friend when he was calling her in time of his misery

• guilt of ruining a business empire which would further destroy life of every person linked with it and their families too

She couldn't let that happen. She couldn't.

There is a certain limit of guilt under which a person can live but if guilt trips over that limit, the soul of the person starts dying and without soul a person can't live, can only breathe.

Same was happening with Ahana. She was nearing that limit each succeeding day with her soul wailing in pain for the aids to heal her wounds she had endured since her childhood.

Nikhil's eyes fell upon the petite figure sitting in the chair who was cladded in a white chicken embroidered suit, known to his eyes since morning. "Ahana" he called out in a whisper as if checking if she was actually present there.

The slightest hint of gloss in her eyes made him regret his behaviour from few minutes ago. He assumed that it was due to his harsh words his sister looked tensed and...... afraid. Of course she was attached to Dev Kapoor way more than to any other person. And it was his business, his hardwork which was at stake. Things hurting him were definitely bound to hurt her too.

The instant change in the entire demeanour of the man standing in front of Rheyan didn't go unnoticed by him but at present he had more important matters in hand to consider than keep wondering about the weird connection between the other two persons present there in his office.

"What had happened Nikhil? I really don't understand what's going around?" Ahana asked in a steady voice as much as she could muster up while getting up from the chair ignoring slow throbs of pain in her head.

"It's okay, Ahana. You don't have to worry. We will take care of the matter." Nikhil said in assurance brushing it off swiftly. He couldn't let her know about that. It might not result good for her health.

Rheyan snickered. "Don't worry? Do you even know by whose grace this whole sensitive situation has fallen upon us?" He asked dramatically looking sarcastically at Ahana.

Then answered his own question himself. "By grace of Miss Ahana Sharma. She didn't think of it necessary enough to take calls from her boss and his secretary. She just went on enjoying her half day leave which she had probably granted herself because I don't remember her asking me for it." Annoyance started increasing in his voice again like each word he spoke was acting as a fuel to his untamed anger.

Nikhil got baffle by the information he just got. He wasn't expecting that to come in his way. As much as he was hating to get caught in the situation, he knew he couldn't risk letting his anger out on his sister even if she was at fault. He had to make sure she didn't take all blame over her for the whole fiasco. She shouldn't. Guilt was a kind of slow poison to her mental health which could take her life one day.

*******

Someone knocked on the door of the cabin from outside. Vivaan was sitting in his swivel chair facing the floor length window opposite to his desk which was showing off the enchanting view of mother nature alleviating his mood.

"Come in" he said in a gruff voice to whoever was on the opposite side of the door.

Entered his P.A. with a proud and slightly arrogant smile on his face.

"Your plan has succeeded sir. They are in big trouble." He stated in a very arrogantly proud tone thinking it was because of him his boss had succeeded in executing his plan.

Vivaan swivelled around smirking victoriously and faced his employee who had given him the best news of his life. The day was being brilliant with every passing second as he was getting good news one after another. His mood was more brighter than the day. It was like all universe's fortune was on his side.

First, convincing the executives of bank to preponed meeting a day before didn't take much of his energy, just some personal information about them which was not meant to be revealed. Second, he had made all arrangements for Rheyan to not let him reach the meeting venue but Rheyan himself didn't turn up there which saved Vivaan from committing atleast one less crime.

Now, he could easily step back from the partnership and forbid his support to Kapoor Industries and Ahuja group of companies. Other partners were already disappointed, so it won't be much difficult to convince them to step back from the partnership as well.

They would set up with the rival company who wanted that project in London desparately like Rheyan but was lagging behind due to lack of their required efficiency and efforts.

More exciting thing was that Rheyan had taken shit big loans in the name of company for that project because he was overconfident that he would get the project surely and definitely.

Poor he. How will he save his company from going bankrupt and crumpling down into pieces?
Vivaan thought wickedly.

*******

Nikhil explained entire situation to Ahana that how they got calls from the bank, in the morning during puja, to inform them about the preponderance of the meeting and then why the meeting was important.

Rheyan was surprised by the call because by now he was aware of various tactics in business and the reason they gave for preponderance meeting was totally rubbish. Still he ignored. He remembered how emotionally wrecked Nikhil was in morning but the man had great ability of keeping his emotions to himself in the most difficult situations. An ability Rheyan had admired since childhood and was still admiring.

Ahana kept blaming herself for landing all of them in this fiasco. Only if she had answered the phone calls but her stubborn self didn't. Nikhil kept on telling her that it was not her fault that they preponed meeting as she was doing her work according to the given instructions. But nothing of it made sense as the another person present there in front of her didn't think same. For him it was she who was responsible and he had already made it clear to her.

Nikhil noticed glass shreds scattered all over on the floor and his gaze hardened. His fingers balling into fists ready to collide with Rheyan's face.

"What did you do?" He gritted his teeth barely controlling his temper. If his sister was hurt in any means he won't let go of the person then whoever he was.

Rheyan didn't answer.

"What did you do Rheyan?!!" Nikhil's voice boomed in office. "I swear if you have hurt her........... I will not spare you." He said in deadly tone glaring at Rheyan in eyes who didn't hesitated in holding it either.

Ahana came forward for the rescue before situation would get out of control. Holding onto Nikhil's left arm she called for him, "Nikhil I am fine. I'm not hurt. Seriously. I swear." She requested.

Nikhil regarded her with hard gaze but her pleading face made him stop. Then regarding Rheyan once more with his hard glare he backed away.

"You are coming with me." He announced to her. He knew where she needed to be taken at the time. The already dreadful day was becoming more dreadful for her.

Ahana looked at him perplexed.

"She is not going anywhere." Rheyan countered back in his usual bossy tone.

"She is going." Nikhil retorted.

"She is my employee. I get to decide her leaves." He said, then tilting his head looked at Ahana. "I hope you have enjoyed your half day leave very much. Now, we should work, should we?" He said tauntingly.

She nodded.

Nikhil was going to argue but before he could Ahana squeezed his arm which was still in his hold. A silent request to not worsen the situation. If he did something, that could make Rheyan suspicious of their relation which she could not afford at any cost. For now atleast.

*******

Shree saw Nikhil coming out of her boss's office in a not so good mood. Exiting he first dialled a number on his mobile making his way to the elevator all the while talking to someone on the other side. When satisfied with the answer whatever other person gave to him he entered inside the elevator and doors closed in front of him taking him out of everyone's vision.

There in Rheyan's office a dreadful silence prevailed. The heavy weight upon Ahana's chest increased with increasing pounding in her head. Glass shreds scattered on the floor were tempting her to come towards them. Without thinking she moved forward and bent down onto floor just near the glass. A nagging voice in the back of her mind warned her of her actions but that low voice was easily brushed off by the emotional pain burning inside her.

Rheyan looked at the girl who bent down onto the floor just near glass, proving herself to be the epitome of foolishness. Glass shreds could hurt her badly yet that foolish girl started gathering all pieces together. The act started irking him and what irked him more was the carelessness she was showing. She was picking up bigger pieces with her right hand and collected them in her left hand.

Why was she doing that? She would hurt herself badly.

Or was it intensional?

Was she trying to guilt trip him? Or trying to hurt herself ?

But why would she hurt herself ?

Questions swam in his mind but could be answered only by the girl herself.

He noticed a cut in her hand, though a very small one still it was a cut which could catch infection, if not treated, and lead to many other health issues.

"Stop it! What are y- " His loud voice startled her. Her fingers curled over the sharp pieces of glass in her left hand tightly which pierced into her skin. What made him stop was her action which she had tried to come out as a natural instinct still his sharp eyes didn't miss her intensional motive behind it.

Blood was oozing out of her skin like a dam set to free, her left hand fully covered in scarlet red.

He stood there stunned for a moment then shock replaced it swiftly.

The girl no longer had brownish black hair. They were of light brown shade with blonde streaks. The golden tanned skin turned fair. Her white suit changed into a white floral summer dress ending up to her knees exposing her bare legs to his eyes. Then a gust of wind blew her hair to side which were hiding her face from him and the familiar pair of chocolate brown eyes locked with his own brown orbs.

Rheyan felt like someone had knocked all air out of him making him breathless and frozen in his place.

It couldn't be possible.

She was dead.

But she was there in front of him, staring at him. Blood dripped out of her wound staining her white floral dress in red.

She smiled. Her eyes gleaming at the sight of him.

He was frozen at his place, not able to fathom what was happening to him. He was seeing the girl who had killed herself years ago accusing him of it.

"Aisha" he called her in a broken whisper.

His call was answered by a hissing sound which broke his trance snapping him back to the reality. He looked for Aisha where she was standing but instead found a girl with brownish black hair in a white chicken embroidered suit having golden tanned skin, trying to pull out glass shreds embedded in her skin while hissing in pain. Her hazel eyes held so much pain.

Ahana

And one by one everything came crashing back to him. He looked at her hand from where blood flowed down on the floor making a pool around her aggravating him all of a sudden.

Walking to her he took her hand in his. Ahana didn't know what was happening. She was in her own daze. She just knew she was no more feeling any ache in her heart. It was numb. Physical pain was nothing she couldn't endure. In fact she was ready to endure more of it if it was the only way to numb the ache she felt in her heart.

Rheyan looked in her eyes and carefully picked out the glass shreds out of her hand not breaking their eye contact. Her body movements showed her physical pain but her eyes showed a different kind of pain unfathomable to him.

He was seeing his Aisha in her. The girl he had loved once.

Taking out his handkerchief he wrapped it around her hand to stop bleeding. She was loosing more and more of her blood. He had to do something fast. He could see she was losing her senses slowly due to lose of blood.

Entwining his fingers with hers of right hand he hurriedly took her out of the office. Every employee's eyes snapped to them. They all gaped at the sight of their boss dragging one of the employee behind him, whose hand was wrapped in a handkerchief soaked in blood and like that a yarn to a new rumour was left out there to be weaved by others.

Rheyan entered inside his private elevator pulling Ahana with him. Doors closed in front of them. She was losing her strength, hence she clung on him. He also held her close to him supporting her weight effortlessly. Her both hands resting on his chest draped by white kurta and under white basket. Their gaze collided with each other and time was frozen for the moment.

Rheyan's white basket was staining in red but they just gazed into each other's eyes without any care of the world. It was their moment and they had seized it. Ahana was losing her senses already but the intensity of the moment had made Rheyan lose his too. There was the same feeling of dejá vu he had felt before around her like they had lived this before. He knew this girl in his arms for long than he knew.

Slowly, Ahana leaned forward and rested her head gently on his chest seeking in the comfort his embrace provided. The throbbing in her head increased making her feel tired of all the things. At that time she wanted to rest for a while, her soul wanted to rest. She didn't care of anything else. She knew she was safe. He would take care of her even if he was annoyed with her. She knew her Rhee.

Rheyan felt a weird sensation passing through his entire body when she rested her head on his chest. Then her body fell limp in his arms and he knew she lost her senses. He didn't need to check. His arms tightened around her securing her in them.

As soon as doors of elevator opened on the ground floor he stepped out  hurriedly carrying her in his arms. All the employees present there gazed at him along with the receptionist. He didn't care and went out to the parking lot where his car was parked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

670K 23.9K 52
NOTE: Beware of grammatical mistakes " I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his hars...
620K 33.5K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
783K 29.5K 77
Highest Rank #1 - Destiny #1 - Truth #1 - Marriage #2 - India #2 - Faith Book 1 of Raichand - Mehra - Malhotra Series * Editing In Process * What...
158K 7.3K 34
He was sitting on bed in front of me in white shirwani. The look of utter adoration and devotion was completely visible in his ocean blue eyes. So mu...