Renovatio

By scolric

We have died. In a previous image. When we were completely unaware Of the self-known as "I". We had abandon... More

Foreword
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
The Metamorphoses
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2

Part 2

133 14 0
By scolric

The following morning, Chae awoke to cuddling Jennie's pillow. Thin beams of sunlight popped through the slits of the dark curtains. Sitting up, she placed the pillow back into position. Blinking she sat and stared over to the empty spot beside her. It felt strange not awaking to Jennie's arms around her neck. Nor was there any breakfast waiting for her when she got out of bed these last few days. Her lips puffed out as she stared at the empty space.

Dogs barked outside and voices chattered. Kicking the covers off, she swung her legs off the bed. Wiggling her toes between the fur of the carpet she lifted her head and stared forward blankly. A woman and man's voice echoed outside. The sound of a horse trotting also filtered through. Bowing her head, she stared at the carpet. Turning around she looked at the empty spot again. Clicking her tongue, she stood up and headed towards the bathroom.

Opening the sink tap, she splashed some water on her face. Drying it off, she saw that her eyes were their natural orange. Biting her lip, she did not feel the need to turn them brown yet. She and the others were only meeting again late that afternoon. Staring at her reflection, her eyes drifted over her hair. Smiling, she knew she had some time today. Meeting her own gaze again, she opened the cabinet and grabbed a comb.

Another tray of refreshments was ushered in. Johnny had just arrived and was being given a brief introduction to the teachings of Meta by Suga. Jennie and Jeongyeon sat at the corner table going over potential areas of use from the maps of the lands Johnny owned. Taeyong had taken the rest out to explore the estate gardens. They had discussed plans throughout the entire morning. Having woken up at 6am until now to at least figure out where they should start. The sun was bright and the sky blue with shapeless clouds speckled over it.

Jisoo looked out on the balcony as a soft breeze threaded by. In the distance of the garden she could make out the figures of Irene and Kai since they were closest to her vision. The others were blurs. Turning, she walked back inside. Johnny was asking Suga questions while Jennie and Jeongyeon were each making notes on the maps before them. She watched as the two women chatted softly.

"Ey, you know we're meant to be on a break," she said to them.

"We'll take one later Jisoo," said Jeongyeon and Jennie smiled at her as they continued. Shrugging her shoulders, Jisoo was not going to waste time convincing them. She walked over to the adjacent room and found Lisa buried deep in a thick book. She watched as she pressed down on a calculator and preceded to write down in the book. Glancing into the other room, she closed the door behind her.

"You're meant to take a break you know," she said leaning against the door. Stopping, Lisa looked towards her.

"We don't have any money for this war we're about to start. And so, I'm having to pull miracles over here. That's why I'm not taking a break at the moment."

Jisoo sat in the chair before the desk, "Do we really have that little funds?"

Lisa sat back in her chair, "We do have money. But it may not last us longer than four months. Food, pay for any forces we may have, medical aid. Without knowing how long this will take then we may run out of funds."

"What do you suggest?" asked Jisoo.

"How long are we going to fight for Chu?"

"You shouldn't answer a question with another?"

"How long?"

"It may take longer than four months Lisa. I know you know that."

"Then we're going to need to find money sources from somewhere."

She looked down at the figures she estimated in the ledger after their morning discussions. They still need to wait for numbers on how many forces they had. If any. But Lisa already knew that they were beginning this entire thing one the edges of debt. She looked at Jisoo.

"Why don't you speak to your father?"

"He's not my father," said Jisoo. Lisa thought back to the letter Kai shared disclosing that information.

"Even if we win," she began.

"We will win," said Jisoo.

Lisa rolled her eyes, "Even IF we win," she stood up and walked over to Jisoo. Kneeling down in front of her, she grabbed Jisoo's hands and kissed them, "You'll be sitting on a throne of debt rather than gold," she stared in to Jisoo's eyes, " And that's the last thing any of us want."

Delicate fingers placed themselves on to Lisa's right cheek. Leaning their foreheads together, Jisoo wiggled her nose over the other woman's. It made pink lips form into a beautiful smile. Leaning back, she caressed her cheek, "I know," her voice was low, "That you would never let that happened. Lisa," she stared into soft eyes, "You are going to help me get the throne without any debt. I know you will find a way," fingers dropping she pecked the spot she caressed, "Most of us know, that it's going to be you and Jennie who will win this for us. Know that I trust you."

Jisoo intertwined their hands again as they continued to stare in to each other's eyes. Lisa did not know how long they sat that way, but she soon found her gaze flicker towards Jisoo's lips. Both were on a path towards the other's lips, but the doors burst open. Lisa stood up quickly. They both looked to see Taeyong smiling at them, there was laughter behind him.

"Come join us you two. We picked some grapes from the gardens for you taste.

"How lovely," clapped Jisoo as she walked to him, "We'd love to," she said and linked her arm with Taeyong as he beckoned for Lisa to follow. Clutching on to her chest, Lisa felt her heart thudding. Everyone was in the other room tasting the grapes. She watched as Taeyong escorted Jisoo over to Irene who fed the princess a red grape. Breathing out, she felt her heart calm. Taeyong called to her again and with that she joined them.

Taemin rubbed a hand over his face. He did not know why he chose to attend this meeting. Bella turned towards the next page on her financial report and began reading. He watched as his father wrote down notes and listened as Chaerin asked some questions. He could not believe this. They were sitting here planning resources for a battle against their own kin.

"I'm sorry," he stood up. They all turned to him, "I can't do this," he said.

"Taemin,"

"No father," he held up a hand, "I still do not understand why none of you are making attempts to convince the king to turn back on his decision. Instead you are all just jumping on to this train wreck."

Chaerin sighed deeply, "Taemin, there's nothing else we can."

"Have you tried speaking to Jennie? Or Taehyung? What are their thoughts?" asked Taemin. He turned to Bella, "What of Lisa? In fact, do you even know where your daughter is at the moment? Do you care?"

"Enough!" Clive slammed down his fist, "We will not tolerate such behaviour Taemin." Shaking his head, Taemin barged out of the room. Clive yelled after him but Chaerin placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Give him time Clive," she said as he slouched back into his seat.

"He's right," said Bella as she threw her report on the table, "This is a train wreck and I have been worrying non stop about Lisa."

Clive looked at her then turned to Chaerin, "Have you heard from Taehyung and Jennie?"

"No," she said, "I just hope that they are trying to convince Jisoo not to go through with this."

"You know they probably are not any more able to do that than we are Chaerin," said Clive.

"I know but I can still hope," she said.

Walking down the palace steps, Devlin hurried back into his carriage. The drive back home felt quicker than he expected. Closing the front door, he found Chrissie reading in the kitchen. Bending down he gave her a kiss and sat next to her.

"You're back soon," she said as she took off her glasses.

"Jisoo is no longer living at the palace," he said as he grabbed an apple.

"She's moved? Already?" Chrissie's chin dropped, "Do you think Eon tried to assassinate her?"

Taking a bit of the apple he shrugged, "Knowing him, possibly."

Chrissie hummed at that, "Where is she now."

"Apparently at Lee Taeyong's family estate three towns away from here. The court workers stated all of her council followed suit."

"I see."

"I still need to deliver this letter," he said.

"I'll come with you," she said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, why not. There are only so many books I can busy myself with here. Besides, I have missed you," he smiled as she pecked his lips.

"I've missed you too," he whispered.

"It's settled then, why don't we go after we've eaten something?' she suggested and he nodded as he finished the apple.

Knocking again, Kat heard a rustling behind the door. It opened with a fizz as Chaeyoung bumbled outside. Locking it behind her, she placed the key in her pants pocket and turned to Kat with a smile.

"My apologies for keeping you waiting," she bowed, "Let's go," she stood straight and found Kat's eyes wide and her mouth agape. Concerned Chaeyoung, stepped closer, "Is something the matter?"

Kat looked at Chaeyoung, "You're blonde," she pointed to the other woman's hair.

Hand brushing over them, newly blonde streaks fell across Chaeyoung's face, "Yeah. How does it look? I did not have much else to do and I thought it would be fun to try out. I combed the waves myself."

"You look lovely," smiled Kat, "I'm just surprised is all."

She was not the only one. It took Dahyun some seconds to recognise it was Chaeyoung and Jaehyun did not stop staring as they entered their hut. Kat giggled aware that on their way here, the villagers gave Chaeyoung the same reaction.

"I'm beginning to think it was not a good idea," she said.

"No!" Jaehyun waved his hands, "You look absolutely stunning..." he looked over her again. Kat grinned in to her glass as she saw Dahyun squint at Jaehyun's words or lack thereof.

"Really?" Chaeyoung smiled, "I like it when I finished. I hope Jennie will like it."

"Chae," Jaehyun shook his head as he smiled, "I have literally no doubt she will."

Dahyun tilted her head at the hazy tint in Jaehyun's eyes. Kat tried not to choke on her water at that. Sighing, Dahyun turned to Chaeyoung with a grin of her own.

"I think Jae fell in love with you. But who can blame him. I think I have too," she gave Chaeyoung wink, "You look really good Chae."

"You promise?" Chae squinted

"I promise," Dahyun crossed her and they all laughed.

"Thanks Dayday. Alright then, let's get back to thinking through on how to get some answers," she said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 832 9
I honestly believe that the universe has brought us together, we are meant to be. You're my only one. I love you. ... This story is MINE so please...
3.6M 102K 68
Jennie said she's 100% straight, but she's not homophobic either. It's just that she has been inlove with a guy for almost 5yrs now. But, what if one...
454K 11K 22
Rated 18+ for lesbian sex scenes and crude language. Lisa has been bullied for her size and out of place because she was taller than most boys. Howe...
485K 7.2K 37
Just read it! I'm not good in writing description. This would be my first story, please support! I will try to write this story in full english hahaha