Protecting You (Katsuki Bakug...

By vote4kiba

*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, b... More

Content Warnings - Please Read
Chapter 1- Welcome to UA
Chapter 2- Becoming Friends
Chapter 3- Investigations
Chapter 4- Quirk
Chapter 5- I Am Here
Chapter 6- Everything
Chapter 7- Angel
Chapter 8- To Save You
Chapter 9- Competitors
Chapter 10- I Promise
Chapter 11- Our Interests
Chapter 12- Betrayal
Chapter 13- Seeing Red
Chapter 14- Flames
Chapter 15- Hero Train
Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey
Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18- I'm There
Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 20- Domesticated
Chapter 21- Be Mine
Chapter 22- The Fourth
Chapter 23- Saving Strangers
Chapter 24- A Dream Realized
Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise
Chapter 26- Answers
Chapter 27- Reassurance
Chapter 28- Lost and Found
Chapter 29- Designing Heroism
Chapter 30- Rebirth
Chapter 31- Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 32- Finals
Chapter 33- Mother
Chapter 34- Summer
Chapter 35- Apology
Chapter 36- Camping
Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 38- Cost of Survival
Chapter 39- Don't Come
Chapter 40- Futures
Chapter 41- Chi
Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go
Chapter 43- All for One and One for All
Chapter 44- Protecting You
Chapter 45- Trying Again
Chapter 46- United
Chapter 47- Silent Pleas
Chapter 48- Rapunzel
Chapter 49- Family Dinner
Chapter 50- Burning Secrets
Chapter 51- Dorms
Chapter 52- Closed Doors
Chapter 53- Fighting Failure
Chapter 54- One in a Million
Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire
Chapter 56- Reflection
Chapter 57- Phoenix
Chapter 58- Testing the Waters
Chapter 59- Blood Baths
Chapter 60- Blindsided
Chapter 62- Pandora's Box
Chapter 63- The Yin Within
Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero
Chapter 65- Kiss of Fate
Chapter 66- Ground Zero
Chapter 67- Breaking Down and Out
Chapter 68- Lights Out
Chapter 69- The Melodies of Life
Chapter 70- Swan Dive
Chapter 71- Finding Faith
Chapter 72- Lantern in the Dark
Chapter 73- Vacation Plans
Chapter 74- Plucking Daisies
Chapter 75- Eclipse
Chapter 76- Drunken Love
Chapter 77- One and Only
Chapter 78- All This Time
Chapter 79- Lemillion to One
Chapter 80- Hero for Hire
Chapter 81- Full Circle
Chapter 82- Villain Complex
Chapter 83- Flying High
Chapter 84- Follow Me
Chapter 85- Touching the Heavens
Chapter 86- Venom Vixen
Chapter 87- Fighting You
Chapter 88- Bloody Truths
Chapter 89- Just Be You
Chapter 90- Holiday Spree
Chapter 91- Memories
Chapter 92- Coming Home
Chapter 93- Stage 5: Acceptance
Chapter 94- Ghost of the Mountain
Chapter 95- Happy Birthday
Chapter 96- Death Day

Chapter 61- The First Day

25.3K 975 2.5K
By vote4kiba

THE FIRST 24 HOURS CAPTIVE

Hour 1

Everything felt like an odd blur to you thanks to the drugs in your system and the lack of your eyesight. You could barely focus, barely stand up without falling over. 

So that's why they had me in a wheelchair...they took my medication too...

Having worked against traffickers in the past, you knew how they operated with people that had powerful quirks. The first step was constantly drugging them to ensure they couldn't properly think or use their quirks. The second step was some sort of binding agent to prevent the usage of arms or legs. There were no ropes, zip ties, or anything else aside from your eye bandages and blindfold on you...but you were sure that you were in a cell so it wasn't necessary to bind you.

The question was, how the fuck were you going to escape without being able to ghost, vanish, or even fucking walk?

"Um...excuse me...are you okay...?" You moved your head as if to look at the sound of the voice, but obviously you couldn't see the source.

"I'm sorry...I didn't realize I wasn't alone," You muttered quietly. The voice was timid...and childlike. Chills ran down your spine when you realized that a child, probably no older than six was in this room with you. 

...what kind of operation was happening here? 

Despite your body being completely useless, you were mentally becoming sharp as you shifted straight into mercenary mode. 

I swear to god...if this is child sex trafficking, I am going to gut every person in this fucking building. 

"Are...are you going to hurt me...?" The child asked you, clearly from the opposite side of the cell.

"No! They captured you too huh? Do you know who these people are? And..." You swallowed the lump in your throat as you asked the next question. "...what have they been doing to you?" All was quiet for a while until the child spoke up again with a shy, wavering voice that reeked of fear.

"They...they test on my quirk..." 

"Do they...do they touch you at all?" The word came out so sour from your lips but you had to make sure...you needed to know if you had time to spare to figure out how to break out and dismantle whatever operation was going on here or if you just had to take this kid and run away as fast as possible, coming back to kill anyone that ever touched them.

"No...I'm not allowed to be touched...my quirk is evil...it hurts people..." You could just feel the trauma coming off of this child. They were conditioned to hate themselves, to think that them being captured would help others somehow. You were preparing yourself mentally for whatever psychological torture they would put you under...but you were pretty sure you understood what was going on here.

Overhaul...you've never heard that name before. But it couldn't have been a coincidence that Mirio discovered something about your quirk, that recently you and Hawks have been investigating The Doctor, and now you were captured by someone who is organising quirk testing. All of this had to be related somehow, and you were going to figure out what.

The question is...would it be better to try and run away? Or face this group head on from the inside out?

 You swallowed the dry spit in your mouth...thinking back to how no one would even know you were missing for another two weeks...

...back to the red-eyed boy waiting for you back home.

Katsuki, I'm sorry...but it looks like you're going to have to wait for a bit longer than expected.

~~

Hour 2

"So...what should I call you? My name is (y/n) and it seems like we are going to hang out together for awhile." The child was still distant...still distrusting, but you took no offense to this.

"Eri..." She whispered. 

"Hi Eri," Your lips curled into a soft smile. "I suppose you've been here for awhile...well, I'm gonna try to see what I can do about that." 

"There's no where to run...he will catch me..." Defeat was already so evident in the girl's mind. 

"Have you tried to escape before?"

"No...but I just know it..."

The drugs were still prominent in your system so you would fade in and out of consciousness occasionally. You couldn't even stand up to feel around the room thanks to the jelly-like feeling in your muscles, but you had a better idea.

"Hey Eri? Would you mind describing where we are? I am blind and want to know what type of room this is." You heard a small shuffling as Eri adjusted herself on some sort of mattress. She seemed to be a few meters away. 

"It's a...what do they call it? Erm...room with bars-...?"

"A cell." You corrected her.

"Yeah! A cell. And there's a big bed and a little bed. You're on the big bed. There's a light in the hallway and it's always on...I don't know what else to say..."

"No that's good! You're doing great!" You rubbed your feet against the mattress you were on so you could throw off your shoes and socks. Using your hands was practically worthless since the muscles were so weak that you couldn't even clench anything.

How many fucking drugs did they put me on?!

"Eri...I um...I have a weird request. Can you please help me sit up?" Eri was reluctant and scared to touch you...after all she seemed to hurt everyone whose skin she touched. When the little girl saw you, she didn't know what to expect...but you were the first woman she had seen since her own mother what seemed like an eternity ago...and just being around another woman that was in the same position as her made her feel a little less scared. So, putting on her bravest face, she shuffled towards you to pull you by your shirt. You had to lean your head back against what felt like a cement wall, but eventually you and Eri were able to balance your head upwards.

"Ah...thank you Eri. Thank you so much. I'm sorry to keep asking you for things but I have one last request. Can you tap your feet or jump in the corners of the room? I want to try and guess how big this room is. We can think of it like a game if you want. I'll count to three and you can give me a big jump!" Eri's usually dull red eyes suddenly brightened and she quickly jumped off the bed as your bare feet touched the cold cement floor.

"Okay!"

"Alright Eri, pick your first corner." Little feet slapped the floor as she wandered to the corner of the room. You could tell how far away she was from the vibrations, but she seemed to enjoy the aspect of playing a game with you. 

"I'm ready!"

"Okay, three...two...one...JUMP!" Little Eri gathered all the strength she had to hop in place with her lips pursed and her fists clenched. A strong vibration reverberated into your feet and you could tell she was about five meters away. "Okay, next!"

You and Eri played this little game together and it made her feel useful in a way that didn't cause her or anyone else pain...she was helping someone by doing something fun...and the sensation was odd to her. She looked at you with the smallest flicker of hope in her eyes that maybe...just maybe...you wouldn't be like everyone else.

Hour 8

"It's time to eat." The voice from behind the bars was masculine as something slid through the small opening on the bottom of the door.

"This one is for the little one..." Eri ran to grasp a tray filled with steamed rice, green beans, and chicken with portion sizes meant for a child. "And this one is for the big one."

The fuck you mean big one? You dumb ass motherfu-

"Heheh...enjoy your meal." He chuckled to himself as the tray slid towards your feet. The drugs were beginning to wear off and you were starting to be able to move. You had a feeling that after you ate, Overhaul would probably have you drugged again...or maybe they were waiting for the pain to return so you could feel them torturing you. You shuddered at the thought.

When you grasped the tray and felt what was waiting for you on the plate in comparison to Eri, you wanted to scream.

"A BUTTERED BAKED POTATO?! THAT'S IT?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Whoever was serving you the food, probably a random gang member, laughed hysterically at your shock.

"I think that's enough food for you. After all, you're much more disposable than the little girl."

You grit your teeth in anger as he walked away...but your growling stomach was calling for you to eat. The butter was salted thankfully, but the potato wasn't. It burned your tongue as the bland and fatty food filled your mouth...but after just a minute or so, you were finished. 

I guess I should be happy they are giving me food at all...some traffickers make people drink water out of a pig trough.

"A-are you hungry? I'm...I'm not really that hungry..." Eri placed a stay piece of chicken on your tray as she finished her food, stomach still growling. You knew that she was still hungry, and yet she was willing to give you a piece of her food.

"Oh...sweet Eri...I am so thankful. Please, I want you to eat so you can be big and strong when we escape here." You nudged your tray in her direction, giving her a bright smile. This smile that once won over Endeavor had captured Eri's focus entirely...the girl almost frozen in awe over the expression she had so rarely, if ever, seen. Eri took the piece of chicken back very slowly as she looked at your bright pearly grin that you had modeled after All Might.

One day...one day I want to learn how to smile like her. Eri thought to herself as she silently ate the last piece of food.

~~

Hour 10

You were able to stand and walk on your own now, but it was slow and clunky as if you were a toddler trying to learn your first steps. Overhaul this time personally summoned you to some sort of testing room where you were strapped to a metal chair, leather binds on your wrists, ankles, and forehead. 

"So are you gonna give me a lapdance or what, Overhaul?" You commented as you tried to push your feet to the floor but it was no use. The chair was tall on purpose to avoid escapes. It was also bolted to the floor so you couldn't shuffle it around or knock it over. Overhaul was prepared.

"Funny. You are amusing, I'll give you that. But no...that isn't on the agenda today (y/n). I'd like you to meet someone I have been working with." A man entered the room and you couldn't tell what he looked like or who he was at all. This presence was a total mystery and it irked you on the inside.

How the fuck am I supposed to collect intel on what's going on here if I can't use my eyes?! Am I just totally fucked until I can see again?

"Good evening Miss (y/n). I would introduce myself but you seem to already know who I am. I am who many refer to as The Doctor. I have to say, I've been interested in meeting you for a long time. I've never met a human being that bonded with a fake quirk like you...and what a fine specimen you are."

...What?...

The gruff and elder voice was muffled by the overhanging of what must have been unruly facial hair...possibly a beard or mustache. A sharp pain tightened in your chest as you felt yourself shift into full blown panic. What was it that this guy was getting at?!

"What are you talking about?!" You gritted. You, Overhaul, and The Doctor were the only ones in the room...and perhaps that was for the best. The Doctor continued and stepped forward, analyzing your hair, your biceps, your legs...and his sweaty fingers danced near your bandages. Drips of sweat pooled from your forehead as you felt like ice crystallized in your veins.  

"By now you should know what I specialize in. I am a collector of quirks! I love seeing the most wild and versatile quirks out there...and their potential! You were never supposed to happen. Your thug father changed everything though...and I guess I should thank him for proving that I was on the right track even if you were created as a result." His rugged voice was the only thing in the room louder than your pounding heart.

"MY FATHER WAS NO THUG! Stop speaking in riddles and tell me what you fucking mean!"

"Your father was a thief and a killer!" The Doctor yelled back. "I was on a business trip in the North with a few of my favorite samples of quirks that weren't complete! Their imperfect forms were collected from their original users, although they got to keep their quirks since I took such a small sample, and my goal was to merge similar ones together to create new and perfect quirks. Your thug  of a father stole my prized combination that All for One was supposed to receive. The combination of the quirks Permeation and Warp Gate...two wonderfully paired quirks. I only had one vial...and he stole it."

Your breath hitched in your throat as the air felt it was sucked from your lungs. Short breaths quaked through you as you panicked...and you were experiencing a massive anxiety attack. Tears ran down your cheeks as your worst fear was slowly becoming confirmed...the fear that none of this was supposed to happen...that deep down you really were quirkless. The Doctor came close to you and the fear bubbled inside of your gut even further. You wanted to throw up, to hyperventilate...to scream...but you kept yourself sane so you could keep listening. You had to know...you just had to.

"Your bastard father took my vial and lucky for me, All for One was able to track him to your little village in Hokkaido. Didn't you ever find it odd that such a random small forest village was targeted by All for One and his trainees? Let me guess, you got your quirk about a day or two before the attack? Your father was a sloppy, degenerate thief that made me look like a FOOL in front of my boss! The only saving grace that I wasn't able to break him myself is that I get to break his only daughter. You get to rot in here knowing that you are nothing without this quirk that was never yours in the first place...that I can sell the only thing that makes you unique to the Shie Hassaikai by chipping away the pieces of your quirk...then having that little girl rewind you if I go too far. My revenge has been ten years incoming...and I finally get to taste it!"

A whirring of a machine was heard as a contraption with various tubes and needles jutted out towards you. All was silent for a second...just a small moment of peace...and then the machine lurched forward to violently jab itself into your bare arms and the soft spots in your clavicles. You screamed out in absolute agony as a sharp pain ripped through your body, this torture unlike everything you had ever felt before as the needles repeatedly siphoned some sort of liquid from you.

"ALL MIGHT!" You cried for him...screaming out for him despite knowing deep down inside that he would never hear you. You thought of him and his proud smile, his strong form as he stood so tall next to you. Your vision of him was fading fast...your eyes pouring with tears mixed with blood through the stitches and bandages..."All Might! All Might...All Might please...!" Despite your cries, Katsuki's words echoed in the back of your mind.

"All Might isn't there to save you anymore."

As always, you held yourself to the highest standards despite whatever trauma headed your way...but for the first time in your entire life, you felt helpless...you felt weak...you felt like there was no hope. You reacted in the same way any seventeen year old girl would as your body was riddled with pain with no hope for escape...you wept.

No one would know you were gone and and being tortured for the next two weeks.

And today was only day one.

~~

A/n

Hey everyone! Sorry for the early update but I will be traveling on Wednesday and wanted to ensure I wasn't late for y'all again. So...it's about a day early!

Here's some amazingly adorable fanart by darkbluedragonknight !! Thanks so much!

I'd love to hear your thoughts so far...who saw this coming? Did anyone pick up the hints scattered around? I would love to know how we are feeling and what we think is gonna happen next!

Something tells me someone is gonna snap once they realize something is wrong with y/n...

-v4k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 187 13
~{DISCONTINUED}~ New kid in class 1-A? 3 students already crushing over them, but who'll they chose? In this story, the reader(you) gets to see what...
1.6M 46.5K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...
31.9K 1K 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
442K 17.4K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...