𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎�...

By Soul_Candy

[ 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐎𝐘 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐱 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 ] ❛𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨�... More

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
༒ 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ༒
| 𝐩 𝐥 𝐚 𝐲 𝐥 𝐢 𝐬 𝐭 |
𝟏.𝟎 - 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝟏.𝟏 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱
𝟏.𝟐 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝟏.𝟑 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝟏.𝟓 - 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲
𝟏.𝟔 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟏.𝟕 - 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝟏.𝟖 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤
𝟏.𝟗 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐭
𝟏.𝟏𝟎 - 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐳
𝟏.𝟏𝟏 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝟏.𝟏𝟐 - 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
𝟏.𝟏𝟑 - 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫
𝟏.𝟏𝟒 - 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝟏.𝟏𝟓 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤
𝟏.𝟏𝟔 - 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝟏.𝟏𝟕 - 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟏.𝟏𝟖 - 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
༒ 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ༒
| 𝐩 𝐥 𝐚 𝐲 𝐥 𝐢 𝐬 𝐭 |
𝟐.𝟎 - 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝟐.𝟏 - 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝟐.𝟐 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
𝟐.𝟑 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜
𝟐.𝟒 - 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬
𝟐.𝟓 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤
𝟐.𝟔 - 𝐢 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧
𝟐.𝟕 - 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟐.𝟖 - 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐.𝟗 - 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞
𝟐.𝟏𝟎 - 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭
𝟐.𝟏𝟏 - 𝐡𝐨𝐠'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐛
𝟐.𝟏𝟐 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝟐.𝟏𝟑 - 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞
𝟐.𝟏𝟒 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝟐.𝟏𝟓 - 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫
𝟐.𝟏𝟔 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰
𝟐.𝟏𝟕 - 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐞
𝟐.𝟏𝟖 - 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟐.𝟏𝟗 - 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐦
𝟐.𝟐𝟎 - 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜
𝟐.𝟐𝟏 - 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝟐.𝟐𝟐 - 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝟐.𝟐𝟑 - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝟐.𝟐𝟒 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟐.𝟐𝟓 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬
𝟐.𝟐𝟔 - 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
༒ 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ༒
| 𝐩 𝐥 𝐚 𝐲 𝐥 𝐢 𝐬 𝐭 |
𝟑.𝟎 - 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝟑.𝟏 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰
𝟑.𝟐 - 𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐬
𝟑.𝟑 - 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝟑.𝟒 - 𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞
𝟑.𝟓 - 𝐥𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤
𝟑.𝟔 - 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫
𝟑.𝟕 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟑.𝟖 - 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐛𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬
𝟑.𝟗 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝟑.𝟏𝟎 - 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭
𝟑.𝟏𝟏 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟑.𝟏𝟐 - 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝟏.𝟒 - 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬

4.3K 210 72
By Soul_Candy

It was your first official day of classes and Professor Moody was taking his new role as your Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher very seriously. He spent the first half of class going on and on about his distrust for the ministry. You were trying your best to multitask successfully, listening to Moody's lecture on the unforgivable curses as well as learning how to use a quill and ink from Pansy who was doing her best to instruct you under her breath. The last student that had spoken without the teacher's permission had gotten a piece of chalk lobbed at his head.

The night before, you were delighted to discover that not only did you and Pansy get along famously, your beds were right next to one another. Your fellow dormmates consisted of Daphne Greengrass, Tracey Davis, and Millicent Bulstrode, none of whom made an effort to make you feel as welcome as Pansy did. In her own words: 'A friend of Draco's is a friend of mine!'

"Ms. Firethorn!" Professor Moody called, though his voice made it come out as a growl. You sat upright, accidentally knocking your quill off of the desk but too stunned to do anything about it. 

"Sir?"

"Something tells me you're a fresh face around here. Stand up."

You did so, stepping around the bench you and Pansy had been sharing. She shot you a nervous look, putting the stopper in her inkwell. The Defense Against The Dark Arts classroom was on the third floor of the castle which just so happened to be the draftiest. You were still wearing your robes when he called on you and you saw no point in shrugging it off just as your face started to grow hot.

"Give me a curse, Ms. Firethorn."

Your mind blanked under the sudden pressure and it took you a second longer to spit out an answer. "The Cruciatus Curse, sir."

Hermione was seated at the front of the room, looking between you and Moody with a suspicious look in her eye. Harry and Ron sat together in the very front row, a choice that surprised you based on what you knew them to be like. Draco, who was on the bench right in front of yours and Pansy's, had turned his head to watch you.

"Very good, Ms. Firethorn. Come to the front of the room, please."

Your heart skipped a beat in your chest and you slowly grabbed your wand off of the desk before taking hesitant steps toward the front. "Come, come," Moody encouraged you with a wave of his hand. "Up you go!"

As you carefully came to stand beside his table at the front of the room, he reached behind him and opened a large glass jar, coaxing a small spider-like creature onto his open hand. 

"Engorgio," he murmured, flicking his wand so that the bug grew two sizes larger. Moody's tongue jutted out of his mouth, blinking at you before nudging the creature onto the wooden surface of the table. "This one's particularly nasty. The torture curse."

You looked between Moody and the spider, taking a cautious step back as he prepared his wand to cast the curse.

"Crucio," he spat, wand hovering barely above the spider's back. Almost immediately, the insect let out a painful screech as it's legs folded in on its torso. It rolled, shriveling up in what was perhaps the worst pain of its life. You watched it intently, the grip on your wand loosened and tightened periodically as you stood there.

Your shoulders began to shake as you placed a hand over your mouth. It was as if you could feel it's agony and confusion. Feelings of guilt and terror began eating away at you.

"Stop it!" You could hear Hermione shout behind you. "Can't you see that it's bothering her? Stop it!"

As if just then noticing your state, Moody lifted the curse with another flick of his wand. You blinked, a single tear falling from your eye and dancing across your cheek. Someone in the back of the room dropped something and you jumped, finally turning to face the rest of the class.

Hermione looked to be in a similar state as you, her nostrils flared as she glared right past you at Moody. Ron and Harry shared the same look of pity, though Ron's was twinged with disgust as he eyed the insect that was currently cowering on the corner of the table.

Moony cleared his throat, "Ms. Firethorn-" 

But you were already out the door, robes billowing in the doorway behind you. Embarrassment broiled in your veins and made the tips of your ears itch. In the peak of your mortified state, you hadn't actually mapped out where you would go or what you would do when you got there. Following the rays of sunshine that pooled through the high windows, you collapsed in an empty stairwell and allowed yourself to cry.

Thunder rolled overhead and you could hear the rain beginning to pelt the stained glass window to your right. With every passing moment, you regretted running off even more. How were you supposed to find your way back? Did you even want to return after the scene you caused?

"Oh jeez," you sniffled, using the long black sleeve of your cloak to blot at your puffy red eyes. Soon the bell would ring and you would be surrounded on every side by other students. If only you knew where the girl's bathroom was. 

Note to self: ask Hermione to draw you a map at her earliest convenience.

It was a few minutes into your meltdown that you heard echoed footsteps of someone climbing the twisted stone stairwell. You tried to wipe away your tears but they returned tenfold before you could completely dry your eyes. Looking up beneath your eyelashes, you watched Draco still his steps in front of you. He had your bag thrown over his shoulder, your books and quill under his arm. An awkward smile formed on his lips and you moved over to the right so he could sit down next to you.

Looking down at your lap, you fiddled with your wand and spun it between your fingers slowly. "I'm sorry," you sighed, "That was probably a lousy first impression, wasn't it?"

"Don't be sorry," Draco replied, shrugging off your bag and putting it down between you. "What he did was sadistic. I'll send my father an owl and get him done away with." The pure venom in his voice made you shake your head with a saddened smile, eyebrows knitted together. "Don't do that. I'm just sensitive, that's all. Was never good at the whole 'curses' thing. Not even back at home."

Draco leaned his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands together between his legs. His gaze was directed at the floor, not once blinking as you briefly studied him. "You didn't see a bug, did you?"

"What?" You asked, puzzled.

"You didn't see a bug. You saw a living thing in pain and it upset you. That's not being sensitive, that's being empathetic. That makes you a good person."

You bit your lip, shifting your weight on the stair you were seated on to cross your arms over your chest above your knees. "Draco?"

He hummed, blinking slowly as he changed his stance as well. You thought back to his interaction with Harry the day before and how almost every Gryffindor in the class had caught sight of him and moved to sit halfway across the classroom. "Are you a good person?"

A beat. His eyes hardened, glaring holes into the wall. Then, he sighed sadly and met your eyes. "I don't know."

The mutual silence enveloped you and you sat together in the stairwell until the clocktower chimed, signaling the end of class. Without a word spoken between you, you gathered your things and began following him to your next class, Potions. 

 (A/N: I might change the cover of this book later. I like it but I know it's not like...the best. If anyone knows a good cover maker or whatever, lemme know).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.1K 102
Only a person you love can shatter your heart - cut you open to the very core. It's a story filled with secrets and lies, love and hate, friendship a...
5.1K 196 23
•DRARRY STORY• ... -this story begins in 3rd year (The prisoner of Azkaban) 🐺🐀 ... Draco and Harry have hated one other since first year. But when...
1.2K 46 29
❝ You can stop seeing what you don't want to see. But you can't stop feeling what you don't want to feel. ❞ How bad can it get? Hatred, Hesitation, L...
37.8K 1.1K 29
*•.~(Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) *** "Well," said Harry. "There's always Moaning Myrtle," Y/N laughed. "Like I said, you both have to grit your teeth...