The Potato Chronicles

By MiNinjaGeek

Feel the potato. Breathe the potato. Be the potato. Embrace your inner potato. -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- (mood face... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
Thank you./Questions.

Chapter 47

15 5 0
By MiNinjaGeek

Peter

"Hey, where's Sky?" I overhear Taybh ask Nat, and I cannot wait to hear the answer. Sky has yet to show up to school, and I know she's never late, especially to quizzes.

"I don't know, she just told me to not wait up." Nat shrugs and my hand tightens around my pencil that I've been turning around with my fingers. I bite my lip and bounce my leg worriedly.

This is concerning, especially because of what I've seen last night. I heard her coughing really loudly and violently, and when I looked out the window I saw her holding onto her throat as she tried to breathe, but couldn't because the coughs didn't stop. Her face had gotten blue and she was on the brink of suffocating if it weren't for her many tries to breathe. Her brother immediately ran into the room and rubbed her back, calling their parents. Her parents barged in as well as her mom gave her some water and felt her forehead. She calmed down a little after the water, but she was still coughing, so her dad left and came back with a glass of some sort of green tea, I think. She looked so tired and her family was really worried about her. 

After that, her mom barely left her side. She took her temperature and rubbed her back to calm her down. Soon she was calm enough to be left alone, and Sky went back to her books that were sprawled out on her bed and continued to study.

I wanted to call her so badly, make sure she's okay, comfort her, and talk to her, but I couldn't.

"That's weird." Taybh furrows her eyebrows and frowns. "I hope she's okay."

"Me too." Nat sighs.

Our geology teacher, Miss Hannah, entered the class and greeted us before she noticed the empty seat.

"Where's Sky?" She asks, looking at Nat and Taybh since they're her friends. The two girls replied that they don't know. Suddenly Miss Willow barged in the room and talked to Miss Hannah, trying to keep her voice down, but I managed to pick some of it up.

"Did you hear what happened with Sky?"

"No, is everything okay?"

"No, her parents called me this morning, she won't be coming to school today; she's at the ER."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"They don't know."

My heart drops in my stomach and I glance at the girls next to me, seeing them share worried glances with each other, obviously having heard what our two teachers have said. They then turn to their left, where I assume they exchange glances with Tim, Owen and Aidan. I don't bother to look.

"Alright, class, prepare for your quiz."

"Natalie!" Kevin calls out in a heavy American accent and I roll my eyes having no reason to hold back. "Do you know why my baby blue isn't here?"

"Stop calling her that." She sighs annoyed by the human next to me. I think both of us are resisting the urge to punch him. The only reason I haven't gone away yet is because I might get some information about Sky. "She's at the hospital, so go away now."

"Well, tell her that I miss her and that I love her." He smirks at them and we walk away.

"Sure..." I hear Anna scoff, and I chuckle to myself.

"Enough about Sky already." Brianna rolls her eyes. "Who cares if she's at the hospital?"

"I do." I furrow my eyebrows, confused by her words. 

"I'm sure she's fine." She smiles sweetly at me, taking my hand in hers. "But you have to move on from her."

Easier said than done.

"Anyways, how about I come over after school to help you out with chemistry?"

"Yeah, sure." I mutter, my focus solelyon Sky. I'm so worried for her; why would the teachers make such a big deal out of it otherwise?

Please be okay, Sky; I need you.

I can't bear the thought of anything happening to her, it's bad enough that I lost her. And Brianna is being weird lately, so I'm really confused.

Was she right all along?

"And that's how you calculate the molar concentration." I zone out as I gaze across my window, seeing Sky's empty room. Her bed is unmade, which isn't strange, considering she never makes her bed because she thinks there's no point to it. Her bag is by her door, fully packed and ready for the past school day. 

She still hasn't come back, and it's already 6 PM, making me worry even more. 

"You're clearly not focusing." She chuckles, giving me a look. 

Usually Sky is the one sitting across from me with a smile, teaching me chemistry. I believe we had chemistry, and it felt right because Sky loves puns to death.

Oh what I would do to hear her giggle again.

"Yeah." I shrug.

"I think I know how I can make you focus..." She leans closer and I freak out, clearing my throat, backing away.

"I think we should take a break." I say quickly, flashing her a smile. 

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." She lingers her hand on my arm as she leaves my room.

I open my phone, going through my social medias, to see if I could find anything of Sky. Opening Instagram, I go through the stories bar, looking for her profile picture; a potato.

She's kept it ever since she did that potato takeover the other day.

I let out a breath of relief when I see the familiar circle and I tap it, my heart beating faster when I see the pictures. The first picture is Sky using the wide mouth filter and making a peace sign to the camera; she's clearly in a bed and an IV is attached to her forearm, some dried blood around it. The next picture is Sky wearing a hospital gown that is way too big for her. She has her arms up, making half of the sleeves bend down due to gravity, and you can't see her arms at all. She has a goofy and tired smile on her face, with her hair up in tangles. She seems to be in an X-ray room, which concerns me. Why would she need all that if she only had a cold?

"Is that Sky?" Brianna scoffs from behind me as she came to sit next to me, her shoulder touching mine. "Such an attention seeker."

"I'm sorry?" I narrow my eyes at her. That's the last thing Sky chases after; she hates attention. Her social medias only have her closest friends and family members, and somehow I'm still included. She's probably too lazy to remove me, and I couldn't be more thankful for her laziness.

"Oh come on, who posts pictures of themselves in the hospital if they didn't want attention?"

"She would, because she clearly thinks it's funny."

"Sure." She rolls her eyes, and I can feel anger boiling in me. "And haven't you noticed how she's been clinging to her loser best friend ever since you two broke up?"

"He's her best friend!" I know what she's implying, and as much as it hurts seeing them together, I can't let anyone think of Sky that way. "And you've been clinging to me."

"What?"

"I can't believe I didn't see it before!" I laugh sarcastically. "You never really cared about me, you just wanted me."

"That's ridiculous-"

"It's not." I glare at her. "And you lied to me; Sky never abandoned you, and you really are mean to them."

"Well she had it coming, she's so lame!" Brianna exclaims.

"She's the basketball team captain, one of the best students, multilingual, talented in everything she does and comes from different cultures, and you call that lame?"

"That's nothing compared to me." She scoffs with a smirk.

"You're right." I surprise her. "She's way better than you ever will be. I can't believe I took your side!"

Brianna glares at me and gets up, gathering her things and leaving my room, stomping her way outside of my house. Meg comes in my room, having seen her march out of my room, and she had probably heard everything judging by the grin on her face.

"About time!" She grins, coming in my room. My eyes fill up with tears and she frowns, rushing to my side and hugging me comfortingly as I cry into her shoulder.

"I was wrong, Meg." I sob. "I lost the girl I love."

She rubbed my back and whispered that it's okay.

"Sky is forgiving, you just have to win her back. I'll help you."

"I'm so sorry, Meg." I shake with my tears falling freely down my cheeks.

"Shh, it's okay." She continues to rubs my back. "Hey, look Sky is back."

I instantly pull back and look over at my Window, seeing Sky walking over her bed with wet hair and a tired expression on her face. She looks up, noticing me and Meg still hugging, and my tears that are still falling down from my red and puffy eyes. No doubt, my hair is a mess as well.

She tilts her head softly and furrows her eyebrows in concern as she walks over to her window and slides it open, my heart leaping with happiness at the thought of speaking to her again.

"Are you okay?" I sniff and clean my nose as I chuckle.

"I should be asking you that." I tell her.

"You're the one crying, though." She states.

"And you're the one who spent the day at the hospital, now tell us what happened." Meg demands with a smile on her face as Sky jokingly rolls her eyes.

"I'm fine, I swear." We give her a look. "Okay fine, I had a cold, which is always really bad for me, and on top of that apparently I got Amoeba in my system, and uhh...girl stuff. I fainted out of nowhere this morning and fell on my head, so they ran a bunch of tests on me to make sure there's nothing wrong with me and all."

"Damn..." I whisper, feeling giddy about hearing her voice.

"Now why were you crying?" She asks me. Oh god I love her so much. She just came back from the hospital and is making sure I'm okay, despite us no longer being friends.

"It's nothing..." I look over at Meg for help.

"He just finally got his head straight again." She smiles looking between us.

"Oh, well I hope everything is okay for you two." She smiles at us and my heart beats a million times per second, my stomach filling up with butterflies as blood rushes to my face. "I need to rest for a while, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Sky."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
801K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
1.7K 93 43
~~~~ Finally the day is over, things could have gone a lot worse but the only bad thing I got from today was getting paired with Tim in a business st...