Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Prelude

607 19 0
By snuttlebug

"Again!"

"Globus lumen!"

A ray of light shot out of Emi's hands and formed a whip. Cain and Emi sparred for twenty minutes before Cain had gained the upper hand.

"Pretty good, kid. You've improved a lot."

"Well I would sure hope so. You've been traing me for ten years now."

"Are you really fifteen already? Time really flies."

Emi picked herself up off the dirt and brushed her cloak off before approaching the demon.

"I think you should teach me that spell now."

"Really? You think you're up for it?"

"I've been waiting ten years for it."

------------------------------------------------------

"Wait! Why did it change? We didn't get to see the new spell!" Natsu complained.

"Natsu," Lisanna said, "we don't have any control over it, so we should just watch."

"You sure you wanna do this, kid? I can go take care of her myself."

"No," Emi sternly replied, "I need to do this myself. If you insist, you can stay nearby to watch."

"I was gonna do that with or without your permission."

The two approached a burning city, a large demon currently aiming green lasers at buildings before they erupt into flames.

"Delorca..."

Emi slowly stepped so that she was in front of the demon. She made a "w" with her fingers and whispered the light spell.

"Ad deum."

A blinding light covered the demon who had lost her sight from the spell.

The group all watched as Emi battled Delorca. Gray looked on in horror.

"You tried to defeat a demon on your own? Do you know how dangerous that is!"

"Juvia thinks that Emi did fine."

Gray whipped his head back to the memory to see Emi smiling as she wiped the blood off her face while standing on Deleroca's dead body.

Laxus, Sting and Gray all breathed out a "holy shit" before looking at Emi to see that she was crying.

Sting immediately went back to her side.

"Hey," the dragon slayer whispered in her ear as he hugged her, "what's wrong?"

Emi turned her head upwards to look at the blond with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so happy. I'm glad I was able to defeat her. For my parents. And for Arthur."

Sting smiled down at his mate before giving her one more squeeze and turning her around to see the next memory.

--------------------------------------------------

"So now what do you wanna do? You defeated Delorca, which was kind of your goal in life. Have any other ideas? Maybe go after Deliora next?"

"No," Emi started as she walked with him, "Deliora is someone else's battle. I have no business with him, but those who he's harmed do. I'm not taking away their battle."

"Look kid, I'm gonna be honest with you. You're going to be in a lot of danger because of--"

"Who you are and what I'm doing. I know."

"Hunting demons is a very dangerous and reckless mission."

"You seem to be doing it just fine."

"Yes, well I'm also a demon myself. I have the techniques to use against them. Are you sure you want to be--"

"A demon slayer? Yeah. I'm positive."

"You really gotta learn to let me finish," Cain complained.

The group turned to Emi for clarification. She was still engrossed in the memory, so they turned to Levy.

"If I remember correctly, a demon slayer is like a dragon slayer. Dragon slayers are trained magic to fight and kill dragons, and demon slayers are taught magic to take down demons. It's extremely rare to be a demon slayer."

"Do you have to be taught by a demon like we had to be taught by a dragon?" Wendy asked.

"Not necessarily."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Now where?"

Cain and Emi were laying in the shade of a rather large oak tree. Cain sat up and looked over at Emi with a smirk.

"Well you defeated Winter and Summer, so now you have Autumn and Spring left of the Four Beast Elements."

"Where would they be?"

"Let's see," Cain thought out loud. "Autumn usually stays in an abandoned village down south, and Spring hangs out in the rainforests to the east."

"We'll go to the east. I feel like getting some rain on me."

------------------------------------------------------------

"Magia kera!"

A magic circle appeared over the head of Autumn as all her magical power was sealed away.

"How does a human know a spell like that?!"

Emi smirked.

"I don't really consider myself human. What do you think, Cain?"

Autumn looked around, "Cain? Cain Sota? He's behind this? You bastard!"

Cain jumped down from a tree handing over the village and smirked.

"See you in hell."

"You'll die for your sins, Blue Demon. You're a traitor to us demons and you'll be punished."

"Fine by me."

The final Element burned in Cain's eternal flames as the two cloaked figures moved onto their next town.

Emi looked on in wonder. She had a soft smile on her face as she watched to see how powerful she actually was.

"You defeated five demons?!" Natsu and Gajeel shouted.

Emi smiled, chirping, "I guess so!"

Sting smiled as he looked at the memory to fade away.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Move!"

"Well well well," an unknown voice drawled, "if it isn't my old friend the Blue Demon. Say, how have you been? We should catch up about some things, no?"

"It's about time one you assholes showed up, Envy."

"Is that anyway to speak to your elders? I just wanted to drop in to see this supposed...demon slayer of yours. I have to say, she's quite impressive."

Emi growled from behind Cain, "Why don't you come over here and see just how good I really am!"

"Kid, shut up!"

"You best listen to your little teacher there, girl. Know what's best for you."

"Why do you insist on hurting people? What does that accomplish?"

"Accomplish? Well for one thing, I achieve happiness."

"You get happiness from murdering innocent lives?"

"I'm not the only one, dear. Your precious teacher here took great joy in bringing down several nations by himself."

"If you're trying to make me turn on him, it won't work. I know how you work, Envy."

"Oh ho ho. What a pleasant surprise. I see you've given her a quick guide to me then?"

"I don't need a guide to know that I'll defeat you."

Envy and Emi began to fight. Envy used his signature thorn blade, known for its blades that can cut anything. Emi began to use her Dagger Strike spell, but the blades were quickly cut away. Envy smirked and brought the blade down to Emi. Blue flames erupted from between Emi and the blade, which melted the blade away before it could harm the girl.

"Figures that you would try to steal all the fun," Emi muttered.

Cain turned back at her, scolding, "I just saved your life. You should be thanking me. Now drop that teenage sass and get to fighting."

Emi smirked before rolling over and pointing to the sun.

"Solar Spike!"

Rays came flying down from the sun before piercing Envy. The rays then exploded and melted the insides of the demon. Envy screamed in pain as he burned alive. Emi smiled before casting one more spell.

"Fury bolt!"

A rather large lightning bolt came down from the sky and struck Envy. There were a few more screams until silence took over. Cain stood at Emi's side and fist bumped her.

"One down..."

"Six more to go!"

"You beat a SIN?!"

"Natsu," Lucy hissed, "stop yelling at every memory we see."

-------------------------------------------

"Kid, stay back!"

"Cain! Get away from there!"

"You gotta run, kid. I'll hold them off as long as I can."

"But you said that they were too strong when they're all together. You said that they were higher than you and that--"

"GO!"

A giant laser was aimed towards Emi. The laser was blocked by Cain, who sliced through it with his sword. He was met with a giant snake lunging towards him. He jumped on top of it and decapitated it. Cain protectively stood in front of Emi and looked back at her.

"I've already seen this memory," Emi muttered as she started to cry.

Sting held her into his side as he wrapped a hand around her waist.

"Go. You have to live. I can't hold them off forever."

"But you'll--"

"Everyone dies at some point, kid. I'll be happy knowing that I did one good thing in life before I went."

Emi started crying hard as she lifted her hood on and hugged Cain one last time.

"I'll be in your heart, kay?"

Emi sniffled before she started running as fast as she could. She looked behind her and saw that the whole group was aiming attacks at the man. He looked back at her and smiled before jumping into the magic. As Emi went further away, she couldn't see what was happening anymore, but she heard a gigantic explosion and then everything went silent. She brushed her tears away and ran to the closest train.

"I don't ever want to see that again."

"Don't blame ya, kid."

Everyone looked around at the unknown voice. Their eyes all landed on a cloaked figure standing off to the side as they watched the memory.

"Um, hello?" Laxus implored. "How are you here?"

"I live here."

"WHAT?!"

"Natsu, what did I just say about yelling!"

The figure took off their hood to reveal a familiar face.

"Cain!" Emi yelled as she sprinted over to him.

Cain gave the woman a tight hug before pulling away holding her by her shoulders.

"You know, it took you long enough. I've been waiting here for years."

"How are you in here? Isn't this Emi's mind?" Mira asked.

"Well I promised her that I'd be in her heart, but it seems I got lost and ended up here instead!" Cain said cheerfully.

Emi looked at Cain and started crying, causing Cain to panic.

"Woah woah, don't cry. I don't know what to do when someone cries like that!"

Emi punched Cain in the arm lightly and wiped away her tears.

"It's good to see you again."

"Yeah well it's not like I've been bored. I've been watching your life as time went on. I saw all sorts of things."

At that, Cain made a smug look over to Sting.

"Uh?"

"All sorts of things."

Sting and Emi turned so red that they looked like apples, causing Cain to laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.1K 21
{Completed} The biggest battle of Fairy Tail is coming and you have to be prepared for anything. Now that you have two beautiful twin girls Kyra and...
52K 1.2K 15
Lucy Heartfilia's gone through everything with Fairy Tail, but her new adventure will be the hardest yet : True Love. Laxus Dreyar still feels like a...
3K 94 20
Updates every Friday Laxus and (Y/n) have been together for 10 years now. Rose, who is now 10, is an offici member of the guild and the couple now ha...
305K 8.4K 25
{Complete} A Laxus x Reader Story... Storms of a malicious intent have been plaguing Fiore. When it strikes a town people can't leave their homes...