Zodiac Heroes - Cast Down to...

By confusions-scrolls

The first step of Orion's plan is complete. The Zodiac Signs have now been banished down to Earth, with no me... More

Character Introduction
Prologue - Plan Complete
Chapter 1 - High School
Author's Note 1 - Happy (late) Sagittarius Season 2019!
Chapter 2 - Crushes
Chapter 3 - The Dorms
Chapter 4 - Attendance
Chapter 5 - Free Period
Author's Note 2 - Happy Capricorn Season 2019 (Plus An Anouncement)
Chapter 6 - The Piano
A Christmas Special That Nobody Asked For But Here It Is Anyways
Chapter 7 - That Girl
200+, Actually No, 300+ Reads! (I Got Tagged)
Happy Aquarius Season!
Chapter 8 - Long List of Ex-Lovers
A Lil' Announcement Before We Move On To Chapter 9
❤️🧡💛Valentine's Day Special💚💙💜
Chapter 9 - Detention
¡Not A Chapter! Something Smells A Little Fishy (Pun Intended)
Chapter 10 - Two Broken Boys
Chapter 11 - A Scientific Mystery
Chapter 12 - Cold Autumn Day
Bonus Chapter - Truth Or Dare (This Chapter Is Cursed)
A Special Chapter Because It's My Birthday!
Chapter 13 - Everything's Suspicious
Chapter 14 - Fallen Stars
Chapter 15 - Rainbow Scarf
Chapter 16 - Brother to Brother
Chapter 17 - Sincerely
Chapter 18 - Family Reunion
Chapter 19 - Fork In the Road
Chapter 20 - The Code of Lady Liberty
Incorrect Quotes For 2K Reads!
Chapter 21 - Scrolls
Chapter 22 - Code Cracking and a Confession
Chapter 23 - Panic Attack
Chapter 24 - Planets
Chapter 25 - Why Orion Keeps Popping Up In Every Conversation
April Fool's Special - The Zodiac Signs On April Fool's Day
Chapter 26 - Who's Ouranos? (Plus Another Tag)
Chapter 27 - Meet Up At Starbucks
Chapter 28 - Stargazing
Get To Know The Planets And Stuff
Chapter 29 - The Truth Is Proven
Chapter 30 - Our Classmates Are Stars, Literal Stars
Chapter 31 - Cafeteria Catastrophe
Sorry This Isn't A Chapter
Chapter 33 - Ophiuchus Appears Again
Chapter 34 - Deciphering a Portal Spell
Chapter 35 - Afraid of Love
Chapter 36 - Urgent Video Call
Epilogue - The Contract
Final A/N
Memorable Quotes
Confusion's Other Books
Bonus Short 1 - Everlasting Friendships
SEQUEL! (Also Kind of Bonus Short 2 - Christmas Spirit)

Chapter 32 - A Little Too Depressing

504 21 38
By confusions-scrolls

No, this chapter isn't as depressing as the title suggests.

~~~

Scorpio

It surprised me how slow time could go some times.

The clock on the wall of the cafeteria sure did know how to get on someone's nerves. I could hear the sound of the second hand of the clock even from where I sat.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

I sighed, looking at the lilac haired girl tied up in the chair next to me. She was still passed out. I was thankful that she was. Out of all the people who have had to see what I had become now, I'd hate for it to be her.

I suppose I did trust her a bit more. More than I did with my other lovers. Jacqueline. Denise.

But that was before.

I looked back at the unconscious girl with a fury of hatred in my eyes.

How could she.

How could she just leave me like that, saying that she wouldn't be able to see me again, only to come back without a word.

Sure, maybe I was being selfish. Maybe Ophiuchus did have other things to do. Maybe she did respect her father to the extent that she was willing to cut me off.

Maybe I just didn't know what it was like to be her.

But she didn't know what it was like to be me.

No one ever would.

Or maybe that's just what I think. I suppose I'm just being "a little too depressing", as Pisces says.

Pisces, I thought. And Cancer, and Aries, and everyone else.

They all knew about what happened with Ophiuchus and I. They had all tried to comfort me. Especially Aries. He may be an idiot some times, but he sure as he'll was an overprotective brother.

My thoughts were interrupted as Ophiuchus began to stir.

Her eyes fluttered slowly, before instantly opening up as she tried to break through the chains of tape that held her to the chair.

Her stern bottle green eyes stared up at me.

"I see you've finally figured out." She said casually, like this was just an everyday conversation.

The fact that she was saying it in such a casual tone made me mad. "Explain." I demanded. "Explain everything."

Ophiuchus continued thrashing. "I don't suppose you could let me go?"

"Don't try and get all 'buddy-buddy' with me now, Ophiuchus." I spat at her. "Just tell me what you've been up to these days."

"Untie me and I'll tell you." She responded.

I hesitated. If I untied Ophiuchus, there was obviously going to be a chance that she would escape. But I needed her to talk.

Ophiuchus was waiting for my response. "Well?" She asked.

"Just don't go off with your psychic abilities once I set you free." I grumbled, ripping the tape off the chair.

Once she was free, Ophiuchus started skaing her wrists.

"Man, that tape was strong." She commented. "I didn't know that you guys had this on hand."

"It's all thanks to Pisces." I replied absentmindedly, thinking of Pisces and her large duffel bag.

Ophiuchus walked up to me. "So, you want me to talk. Okay, I'll talk. Where do I start."

I was surprised by the fact that she was actually willing to talk. "Start from the beginning. What happened after you left?"

"I left because my father told me to." Ophiuchus explained. "We just had some business to deal with, and let's just say," She turned to me. "You weren't supposed to get involved in that. That's why I broke up with you."

"I swear, if this has anything to do with my friends and I being the Zodiac Signs or some shit-" I started, not even knowing where I had gotten that connection from.

To my surprise again, Ophiuchus' face turned pale. She turned aside and whispered to herself, "They weren't supposed to know!"

This caught me off guard. "What?"

"I knew that I should've done something to those blasted Planets!" Ophiuchus continued.

"Just get back on topic already!" I shouted. I was started to get frustrated.

Ophiuchus stopped talking and turned to face me. "Fine, I'll continue talking. So I left, and then I came back because my father decided that I was better off here."

"You're lying." I said coldly. "And how does that explain how you became this psychic super villain who terrorizes schools?"

"I can't tell you that." She responded calmly. "That's something you can't know."

"Now I think that maybe you've been making everything up this whole time." I grumbled. "Maybe this was all just a fake excuse just to shut me off." I put all the anger in my soul into those last three words.

There was a long moment of silence.

"Scorpio, I-" started Ophiuchus.

"Save it." I said firmly. "I don't need to hear your sympathy for me, if you still have it." I heaved a frustrated sigh. "There's just so much stuff going on this year. First all the mysterious stuff, then all this Zodiac Sign crap with those 'Planets' who live in a warehouse not far from here, then there's this situation- Wait, what's up with that piece of tape?"

Sure enough, a piece of the tape that tied Ophiuchus to her chair was floating up in the air, as was another piece.

I turned to see Ophiuchus with one hand raised as the pieces of tape flew towards me, taping me to the wall of the cafeteria.

"OPHIUCHUS!" I yelled.

She turned to face me just as she was about to walk out the door of the cafeteria. "Thanks for reminding me. Now if you'll excuse me, our chat can wait. I have some... matters to deal with."

And with that, she shut the door, leaving me taped to the wall.

~~~

It took me a few hours of struggling to get myself off the wall. By then, it was already pass free period.

I marched into the dorm room with something on my mind. I ignored the arguing of my friends, who were sitting in the living room talking about... whatever they were talking about.

"Pisces, what kinda cursed Wattpad fanfiction did you send us?" Sagittarius asked.

Pisces shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know either. But it's really cursed."

"... I can tell." Taurus commented.

"I'm going to throw up, I'll be right back." said Aquarius, walking into the bathroom and shutting the door.

Pisces noticed me. "Hey Scorpio, what happened to you? We haven't seen you since that lunch incident."

I ignored her, instead heading right to my room. I took my phone and dialed the number on the piece if paper Neptune had given Pisces the day we visited their warehouse. Pisces had given me the piece of paper for safe keeping.

Ever since I had accidentally told Ophiuchus about the Planets, I had a sneaking suspicion that Ophiuchus was going to go after them. I had to warn them.

Normally, I wouldn't have cared. This seemed to unrealistic for me to care about anyways. But after listening to Ophiuchus' comments about what I accidentally blurted out, I knew that she was up to something. I was not going to let her succeed.

Aries poked his head through the door frame just as I finished dialing the Planets' number.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

I ignored him, waiting for one of the Planets to pick up.

Finally, one of them did. The faint voice of Pluto came from the other end of the call.

"Guys, I swear to the gods if this is the government calling to say that one of you forgot the pay the monthly rent-" Pluto started. "Hello, who is it?"

"It's Scorpio." I responded.

There was a small pause before Pluto continued. "Oh, hello. How's everything going? Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to tell you guys something." I reported. "I just had a chat with Ophiuchus, and looking at the hints she's dropped, I think she knows about this Zodiac Sign stuff. Also, you'd better watch out, because I think she's coming this way."

"Noted, thanks." said Pluto. "That Ophiuchus sure is a suspicious character. Care to tell me what she said?"

"She did mention something about her father, and having matters to take care of." I replied. "I don't really have any ideas on what she's planning to do, though."

"Okay then. We'll watch out." Pluto said as a crash was heard from the other side of the call.

"Stay safe." I said as she hung up.

I looked up from where I sat to find Aries still standing at the door.

"Who were you calling?" He asked me.

"Those Planet people." I answered. "I also had a chat with Ophiuchus earlier."

It was as if Aries could sense the bitterness in my voice as I said Ophiuchus' name. "Oh, I see."

I waited for him to ask questions, and was surprised when he sat down on my bed beside me and didn't say a word.

"Aren't you going to ask questions?" I asked. Knowing my brother, it wasn't like him to not ask me any questions even after he knew that something bad happened.

He looked at me. "Nope. I figured that you wouldn't want to talk about it."

"I still don't know what's up with Ophiuchus' hidden psychic powers." I told him.

"That Ophiuchus sure is a suspicious character." said Aries, repeating what Pluto had said when I called her.

"She sure is." I responded.

"Yep."

Aries got up and left. Before he did, he turned around and said, "We'll be outside watching the 'Bee Movie', just to let you know. You can join us when you feel like it."

He left, shutting the door behind me.

I smiled, knowing how good it felt to have someone understand.

Maybe Pisces was right. Maybe I should stop being "a little too depressing".

~~~

I finally, FINALLY decide to write a chapter after all these months (weeks? more than that?)

Also, I searched for my own book on Google and I found it so... yay?

Anyways, thank you all so much for putting up with my unorganised update schedule, as well as taking the time to read this chapter.

And wow, how is this book at 10K reads? I honestly can't believe my eyes because I didn't know that you guys liked this book so much. ily'allsm <3

With that, have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

Confusion owo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 4.5K 61
12 zodiacs. 6 boys, 6 girls. What could go wrong? Apparently, a LOT. They were casted down from the sky prior to their wish of living like a human. N...
1.3K 35 30
A long time ago, there were such a things as Zodiac's in the night sky. They came every now and then, brothers and sisters. They all dreamed to be wi...
4.3K 59 15
The Zodiac signs were cast down to Earth to live as humans. About 13 years later, they were kidnapped and woke up in a completely different place...a...
19.9K 380 49
What happens when the government decides to put 12 teenagers in one house, let me tell you... Chaos. Follow our loveable zodiac go through everything...