Baby Steps | hyunsung

By -magiclollies

"I'll be with you from dusk til dawn." - Han Jisung and Hwang Hyunjin were highschool sweethearts; a couple e... More

0 | TEASER
1/2 | PROLOGUE
1 | REUNITED RENDITION
2 | NO NEW FRIENDS
3 | DAYCARE WORKER MINHO
4 | BLINDING DATE
5 | A COLLISION FOR THE WORST
6 | A DRUNK SQUIRREL
8 | LONG & BLONDE
9 | GROCERY STORE TALK
10 | HER GIGGLES ARE CUTE
11 | GUESS I'M JUST A PLAYDATE TO YOU
12 | A STARK FLEW DOWN
13 | ESME HAN-HWANG
14 | HYUNJINNIE IS A DAD!
15 | ALL TYPES OF PLUSHIES!
16 | IT'S SO FLUFFY!
17 | AN ADD ON
18 | I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED
19 | "I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE"
20 | HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESME!
21 | I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY
FINAL | THE START OF SOMETHING OLD

7 | NO FRUITY PEBBLES

3.3K 196 86
By -magiclollies

CHAPTER SEVEN;

NO FRUITY PEBBLES;

Jisung remembers when the Hwang Hyunjin officially rammed his way right back into his life. It was when he was doing his weekly grocery shopping. He had just gotten done with his shift at the local movie theater, Jungkook being the one to pick him up in his years-old car. The black vehicle had been parked in the lot not too far from the front entrance, to which Jisung did a light jog while waving farewell to a coworker who was also leaving. It was when he approached with his hand reaching out to grab the back driver seat handle, the window rolled down. Immediately he was met with the smiling face of Esme. She had been standing up on the seat, bounding just slightly as she giggled out a greeting to her father. Of course Jisung was just as happy to see his precious daughter, but seeing her not strapped within her yellow and blue butterfly car-seat was a little alarming. He waited until he'd officially gotten in the vehicle to say anything.

"Hey guys," He spoke to Jungkook (and Felix, who mentioned that he was going to tag along for the sake of needing certain ingredients for all of the treats he plans on baking), too giving a brief nod before whipping his head to face Esme. She had taken a seat by now, struggling to buckle herself in. The only baffling thing is that she still has yet to be in her car-seat. "Quokka, why aren't you in your chair?

"Uncle Kookie said I could be a big girl" Esme hadn't spared her father a glance (still too busy working on that buckle) while responding. "So I sit here daddy."

The click of her finally succeeding had resonated throughout the car, a triumph smile reaching her features as she also let out an accomplished noise. Jisung hated that he was about to upset her. Reaching down he undid her hard work with a simple press of his thumb. He removed the seat-belt from around her tiny body, staying firm when it came to her obvious pout of confusion.

"You can't sit here Esme, you're too small. Now into your chair" Jisung nudged her to move on her own. She didn't move. "Don't be like this. You can't sit here because it's not safe. I promise when you get older you can" She crossed her arms across her chest and huffed. Jungkook was heard snickering from the front and Felix had to smack him on the arm in order to get him to stop. "Esme, into your chair. Now."

There were rare times that Jisung used his parenting voice. His daughter was often a good child—listened to everything he said, didn't whine or complain, didn't constantly rebel. But sure, there were moments where she felt as though she was being treated unfairly and decided to do something about it. Right now was one of those times. So Jisung would blank his face, and make his tone firm. It wasn't something that was seen everyday, therefore Esme gets the hint and does what she's told. Which is why she frowned with tears in her eyes before climbing her way into her car-seat. The blonde gave a breathy "thank you" before reaching to strap her in. In return Esme stared out the opposite window and pushed away the hand that he tried to caress her arm with.

The action hurt a little but he understood.

Esme was despondent the entire way to the store. Even as the four of them entered the air conditioned building (that had gotten colder as soon as they approached the frozen items) she still moped quietly. Jisung asked if she wanted to be placed in the cart (where she enjoyed riding and occasionally playing with whatever food was within her grasp), but she silently shook her head no and clung tightly to Felix. Her attitude was dejecting. Felix felt the need to share a questioning glance with Jisung, looking for approval. The blonde sighed before shaking his head with a dismissive wave. If she was going to act bratty then so be it. He couldn't be bothered to deal with her uncalled for treatment. Being too tired from working his shift, (that started yesterday night and then proceeded into the current day, giving him no time to rest) he wanted nothing more than to shut his eyes and give the responsibility of his child to someone else. As bad as that sounds, he needed a break every now and again too. To which thankfully he was finally able to get with Felix claiming his stay at his house. He can shower and then sleep without constantly waking up to a distressed three-year-old now.

"I'm going to take Esme near the cakes. Hopefully it'll cheer her up" Felix says awkwardly. Jisung hummed as he scanned over the many vegetables that were put on display. "Are you coming too?" It was directed towards Jungkook who had been eyeing over a cardboard cutout of a cartoon broccoli, which was used to promote children into eating healthier. He broke the intense stare to shake his head.

"Nah, I'll stay here with the baby daddy. Maybe then I can persuade him into buying marshmallows."

The blonde removed his stare from the large samples of carrots to raise an eyebrow at Jungkook. The older cheekily smiled.

"You don't live with me, therefore I don't buy for you" Jungkook frowned at the response. He then turned to look at his freckled friend. "Uh, she gets a cookie at most. She doesn't need sugar right now, and to be honest I don't want her to be rewarded for the way she acted in the car" The red-head nodded and turned to leave. Only he hadn't gotten even two steps in when his and Jisung's names were being called. All of them turned to see Seungmin and Changbin approach. Felix grimaced at the sight.

"Hey Sung, it's nice to see you again" Seungmin did the greeting, reaching out to give a side hug due to holding a shopping basket. "It's been a few days. Felix!" He just waved from their distance, getting one in return. "Ah, and Esme. It's still a bit shocking to think about and see" His eyes drifted to the remaining person and his excitement dropped. "Jeon Jungkook. Amazing to see you here and not in jail."

The eldest rolled his eyes.

"Ha-Ha" The laugh was dry, dripping with sarcasm. "You've always been quite funny Seungminnie. And a little uptight. Did you finally pull that stick out your ass?" Seungmin gave a tight grin before scoffing. Jungkook returned it before smirking at the sight of Changbin. He'd been off to the side, quiet as a mouse while every now and again throwing glances at Felix. And it's not like the Australian didn't catch them, because with all honesty he was giving them right back. "Hey Seo, long time no see. How ya' been? Any new people you've kissed recently?"

Jisung and Felix both smacked him on his arms. And while the foreigner looked annoyed with the fact that his issues had been brought up, Felix couldn't help the squeeze that had been done to his chest. Him telling Jungkook the reasons why he and Changbin are no longer together was an act of vulnerability; not random information that he can just toss around when trying to get a rise out of the buff male.

"Seriously?" It was whispered by the blonde father.

"Yeah, your mother. It was amazing, ask her about it" Changbin replies. He smiles when seeing Jungkook begin to glare.

"Alright!" Jisung ended the tense atmosphere with a clap and crooked grin. He then looked at Seungmin, placing a hand on his shoulder. "No offense, but I want to quickly buy groceries and leave. I'm tired from working a night shift, plus any longer and I think those two will end up biting each other's heads off."

Seungmin nodded in understanding, getting ready to say how he agreed, but just as he was about to open his mouth, a loud crashing sound had rung throughout everyone's ears. The group flinched at the sudden sound of metal clanging against itself. All heads turned to witness what caused such ruckus. It was because of two shopping carts colliding. Or more-so someone had accidentally bumped theirs into Jisung's. And at first the blonde was getting ready to dismiss the apologies the other party spewed for causing the mishap, but then he noticed who the person was. Tall, lean, black hair, and a mole under their left eye lid.

"Hyunjin?"

They locked gazes.

"Han Jisung."

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

does this chapter have anything to do with fruity pebbles? no, no it doesn't.

but on a different note, this book makes me want to write a crossover one about felix and jungkook. i mean i already have the title: how to be a heartbreaker but like the plot is a little more difficult. because like who would be the heartbreaker? would it be the both of them? one of them?

and who's heart would they be breaking? each other's? or would it be a revenge type thing that the other is being trained for?

i dont know.

but if y'all do maybe want to see this book in the future, just comment what i could maybe do with it. thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 820 14
in which minho couldn't believe he met the perfect boy of his dreams
43.8K 1.6K 7
"๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž? ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ" โžดโžตโžถโžดโžตโžถโžดโžตโžถโžดโžตโžถโžดโžตโžถ Hwang Hyunjin always dreamt of th...
55.8K 2.4K 35
โ™กโ—‡โ—‹ completed a volcano that burns you when you try to reach out and everyone else runs away from self preservation, but someone always can bare the...