Chasing my Dream

By Rioronnie

An academy fanfiction Pria doesn't think she is worthy of dreaming until two Dads show her the love she has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaoter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Authors note
Chapter 54
Authors note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 16

1.4K 95 5
By Rioronnie

I woke to someone rummaging in my closet.  "Morning princess now you've been lost all weekend and it's time to reclaim your life" Gerry explained.  Holding some clothes in his hands as he walked out of my closet.

"Come on I'll run you a bath and wash your hair.   Like I did when you were little" Gerry guided me upstairs.  He ran a bath before leaving and I stripped and got into the bath.  He came back in and washed my hair.  

I came out of the bathroom to find my room empty.   Gerry had left an outfit on my bed.   I dried and dressed and sat on the edge of my bed.   I took a deep breath. 

Gerry came back in "how about I dry your hair" I nodded.  I felt numb.  I think I had cried myself dry. 

Gerry led me back downstairs to find Derek in the kitchen making porridge.   Dereks homemade porridge was delicious.   He drizzled a bit of syrup on top before placing a bowl in front of me. 

"Eat up baby girl". I looked to Derek and gave him a smile.  I knew full well it didn't reach my eyes but I knew I needed to make an effort.  I surprised myself by eating half. 

The day was spent with my dads hovering around me.  I knew they didn't know what to do.   I didn't know what to do.   By the time it was 3pm Derek had gone to collect Jacob so I told Gerry I was going for a lie down. 

I hadn't a clue where my phone was and I didn't want to know.  I was incredibly sad but I didn't want to be weak.   I would never be weak again.   I sat in my window seat and watched as the rain started.

The raindrops danced down the glass.   I took my finger and traced the rain drops.  Not thinking.  Not feeling.  Just being. 

I felt a nudge to my arm and noticed Jacob.  "Hey" I said as I patted the seat next to me.

"hey sis" he took my hand stroking over my knuckles.  "What can I do?" I looked at him.  Truly looked at him and saw the sadness surround him. 

I realised at that moment that I wouldn't allow my hurt to drown me as it wasn't just affecting me.   It was affecting people I loved and I have got through far worse than heartache.  I felt that chains that were choking my heart loosen a little.

"Games " I said as he looked up at me.  His eyes cleared and he looked hopeful. 

"Games?" He squeaked. 

"Yes let me kick your ass that will make me feel better" I smiled letting my sadness fade and pushing away that cloud.

He jumped up punching the air "your on" he said dashing out of the room.   I smiled and followed him knowing I could fake it until I can make it.

The following week was hellish.   I had a meeting with the architect and didn't like anything.  I rearranged an appointment for the following week.   Dr Roberts had arranged for a hand to hand combat lesson to gauge my fighting level.  That went amazing.   My rage was funnelled into the class.  The instructor suggested some martial arts training.   He said my level was one at a trained academy member.

I signed for the building and found out the name 'Greys Charter'.  It was shit.  I was having no ideas for the name of my studio and I was becoming frustrated.

Mr Stuart emailed me a few times and I just ghosted him.  I couldn't handle him at the moment.  Pierre had given me the date for our opening night and all the family were coming with me. 

It ended up being an evening that lifted me out of my haze.  My painting had been more popular than the main artists.  I had two galleries competing to buy the piece and in the end I agreed to sell to one but the other commissioned a new piece. 

I was floating on air.   The only negative was Derek having a word with Mr Stuart as he kept giving me dirty looks. 

Oh well.

The next few months were flying by.   I had apologised to the architect I think my emotional state affected our initial meetings but I changed that.  The construction crew were Academy and were excited about the project. 

Derek had taken lead with the construction to allow me peace to do my new commission piece.  Once complete I took it to the gallery and Lesley was thrilled.   The funds from both sales paid for the architect and the construction without me touching my funds.

Derek had upgraded my website with my art and the news of the studio.  I managed to sell a few more pieces through the website and a few to Academy members.

Training was flying by.   I found a new passion.   Guns.  I spent nearly as much time at the range as the gym.  Funny thing at the gym was Raven and Marc had gone MIA.   Jay has said they had both been offered new jobs and left him short handed. 

Maybe I was cursed now and all the hot men had gone into hiding.  Not that I wanted them.  A few men at the academy had asked me out on dates but I wasn't interested. 

Jacob had a pool party for his Birthday and it was discovered one of his footy friends had a crush on me. I avoided taking Jacob to school for a couple of weeks.   Derek and Gerry found it hilarious.  I didn't. 

It had been 6 months since Brandon and i broke up.  It was still hurting but I was not allowing self pity control me.  Certain things happened to remind me of him and I had to fight the tears.  I don't think he deserves them anymore.   When I thought of the last conversation at the diner and I knew he wasn't telling me something but I will never know and would only make myself ill going over and over the past. 

I hope he's happy.  All my hurt would only be worth it if someone gained from it.  My pain only truly dissipated when I saw him with his new woman.

It was completely accidental.  It was 8 months following our break up and I had gone into the city to look at furnishings for the studio.   We were near the  construction completion.  I still hadn't found a name but we had a couple of months and it would likely be finished.   I had come to finalise the furniture before delivery.

I was stood waiting for Bill to return with some paperwork as my gaze wandered out of the window.  Across the street was Brandon with his arm around the shoulder of a brunette.   I held my breath as I put out my hand to steady myself.  I watched as they stopped to look in a shop window.  Then she grabbed his top and they kissed. 

I was frozen.  Knowing he was with someone else and seeing him with someone else was two different things.   Soon enough they finished their canoodling and walked off laughing together. 

I hadn't realised the tears had started until I was suddenly brought back to my current reality.   I got angry with my behaviour wiping away the tears.   Bill had returned with my paperwork.  I thanked him and quickly left.

My aim was to get to the car and leave in the quickest possible time.   As I was rushing along the pavement I bumped into a hard chest. 

"I'm so sorry". I looked up into a familiar face.  I gasped and suddenly realised it wasn't Brandon.  "Oh hey Corey how are you?" I asked quickly.

"hey Pria isn't it?" I smiled and nodded to him wanting to be anywhere but here right now.  "Hey are you ok sweetie?" he reached out towards me.  I flinched. 

Looking at him again I noticed the hurt in his eyes but I certainly didn't want him to know I was upset over his twin who probably never gave me a thought. 

"I'm good thanks, nice to see you" I smiled manoeuvred around him quickly and shot off towards my car. 

After that day my life was filled with the studio, family and Academy.  I was lucky how much the Academy supported me.  I had the studio nearly completed, paintings being ordered and I had pushed construction to add a coffee shop as sales were so good.

My life was full and I was genuinely happy again.   The studio now had a name "New Beginnings" it seemed apt and felt right. 

The Youth Academy building had been found and it looked like the school would be set up shortly after the studio.

The studio was epic.   We had a gallery section, a studio to paint, classrooms upstairs and a small coffee shop.  I had an office upstairs too which had a partition door to my own private studio.   A second smaller office was next door in case it was needed in the future. 

It was now furnished with the reception completely white. The only piece of colour was a mural behind the reception desk of my own creation.

All I had left to find was someone to run the Coffee shop and a receptionist/PA.  Derek was making enquiries within the Academy.    It was my 21st birthday in a couple of months and we had decided to try and open the studio at the same time.  A double celebration. 

After all the running around lately I decided to drop into the gym.  Jay was leaning on reception as I entered. 

"Hey bud you free?" Jay turned to see me and smiled.  

"I am but our rooms are full for a further 20 minutes.  Fancy a coffee and then I can kick your pretty ass" he giggled.

"Sure but leave my ass out of it" I shook my head following him to the cafe. 

We approached the counter and I noticed cute Marc was back.

"Hey Marc a black coffee and......Pria?" Jay asked.

"A flat white please Jay" I said avoiding the gaze of Marc.

"Sure thing.   Not seen you for a while beautiful.  It's nice to see you again".  Marc said. 

"I'll meet you at the table" I said to Jay as I left him and went to sit down.  I shocked myself how rude I suddenly was.  Marc hadn't done anything to me.

"Hey" Jay arrived with our drinks and I gave him a small smile.  "What was that puddin you've never been rude to anyone"

I sighed.  "I was wasn't it" I knew I had been out of line.

"Yes and Marcs a big boy I'm more concerned about you.   I thought with your studio and your art being noticed you'd be on cloud 9" Jay said.

"I went through a break up and I suppose I'm a bit sensitive about the opposite sex" Jay laughed. 

"I'd say a bit more than sensitive.  Look don't let some dumb ass who let you go make you afraid of love.   You may end up closing a door you need to open" Jay said.   I smiled at him, giving me advice was a turnabout but I was warmed he cared enough to try.

We chatted about the studio and he wants an invitation to the opening.  As we finished he said a room should be free but I asked for a minute. 

Approaching Marc I felt nervous.  I didn't like showing the bad part of myself.  "Hey" he turned around to face me a smile already in place.

"Look I wanted to apologise.  I'm not normally so rude and you didn't warrant me treating you that way I am sorry.  Truce" I extended my hand hoping he accepted my apology.

He moved towards me and accepted my hand.   "It's ok.  We all have off days" he said with earnest as he gave me a beautiful smile.

"I think having a bad break up has made me a bit adverse to flirting" I explained.

"Oh I wasn't flirting" Marc said as he winked at me.   I blushed.   I even felt the warmth flowing off me. 

"Oh" is all I managed as Marc giggled.

"Don't worry beautiful I was flirting but I wasn't doing a very good job at it.  Friends?" He asked with that kilowatt smile.

"Yes friends.  Thanks. See you around" I mumbled as I jogged away to find Jay.  

Sparring was the bomb.  It took away all my tension and made me feel alive.  With training at the Academy and the previous sessions with Raven had helped.   Jay struggled to keep up. 

"Woman your a machine" Jay said panting. 

"You've said that before" I said as I stopped to pick up my water. 

"Whatever you've been doing has increased your skill level.  Was it Raven who helped?" he asked.  I knew I couldn't tell him I had an alternate instructor because he would want to know their name and gym.  I couldn't tell him about the Academy. 

"Yeah" I said as I drank through half the water.  "I was thinking of trying out some martial art training too" I explained.

"Crikey you want to find some underground fighting you'd make a bomb" he said laughing.  He placed his arm around my shoulder as he walked with me back to reception. 

I was surprised to see Raven at reception. "Hey Raven you've made this woman into a bad ass" Jay announced as we entered.

Raven turned around noticed me and smiled.   He hadn't changed.  "It's been a while лиса" Raven said.  "You kept training da" he asked.

"Yes I homed my fighting technique" I said a little frosty.  Raven frowned at me slightly.  I wasn't as comfortable with banter anymore and I'd already apologised to Marc I didn't want a repeat. 

"Must get off nice to see you Raven.  Jay I'll message you.  Bye" I waved not giving either of them a chance to reply and dashed to my car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 5.7K 93
Callie has remained hidden among humanity for the last twenty years until her past catches up with her. Now, hunters seek to finish what they starte...
75.7K 4.7K 45
First off let me say that yes this is yet ANOTHER CL Stone Blackbourne Toma fan fiction. I have absolutely NO IDEA where I am going with this. It's s...
185K 10.7K 39
Tori is already cracked and broken after barely managing to escape her abusive fiancé. She's trying to heal both physically and mentally. She doesn't...
224K 9.2K 38
Is it Possible to know the one or should I say ones that are the one , I know that doesn't make sense but in the past 5 hours I have met 5 Different...