Chasing my Dream

By Rioronnie

An academy fanfiction Pria doesn't think she is worthy of dreaming until two Dads show her the love she has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaoter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Authors note
Chapter 54
Authors note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 10

1.9K 102 2
By Rioronnie

The week went as normal with me fitting into the family routine once again.   I completed my last business exam and received the paperwork for my business degree and we had a BBQ to celebrate much to Jacobs delight. 

I arranged a visit with Mr Stuart and Mr Conrall for Friday next week at his gallery.   Training with Raven has been excellent and Jay is struggling to win our sessions now.   Even Marc has joined us a few times and he is funny and sweet although Raven acts pouty when he is around.

I haven't managed to have a proper chat with Derek and Gerry yet as work commitments have interfered. 

Thing have been quiet with Brandon I realised he warned me but it was harder than I thought.   He had said he would be back Thursday but I was trying to be patient.  I kept myself busy.   It was now Friday morning and Gerry was finishing early for us to have a meeting with Derek.

I still haven't heard off Brandon but I'm sure he will be in touch as soon as he can.  The house was quiet and I was lying in bed for a change.

Deciding to move before I got lost in thought I stripped my bed and took them down to the laundry.   After sorting some washing out I ran a bath and relaxed listening to some 'Adele'. 

Whilst I was almost comatose I heard my phone.  Now do I lie here in bubble heaven or do I check my phone.  The next thing I'm running across my room naked and wet to grab my phone.   Self restraint is non existent.

Brandon: Sorry for radio silence beautiful.   I'm home and need a couple of hours sleep.  What have you arranged for later Senna? xx

Pria:   Good to hear from you.  I'm busy with a meeting but should be done by 3pm.  Are you able to be free for 3pm for our 2nd date? xx

Brandon:  I sure can I cannot wait I have missed you lots xxx

Pria: missed you too.  Wear casual but smart please DB xx

Brandon: as requested m'lady xx

Now I was dancing around my bedroom naked and luckily it dried me off also.  I put my hair in plaits so i could leave it loose later.  Checking the time it was 10.13am.  I decided to put a casserole in the slow cooker for the family later.  

I headed into the kitchen and when I checked the fridge I noticed I had ingredients for cheesecake also.   As I set up I put on some Evanescence to keep me company. 

The lamb casserole was in the slow cooker and the cheesecake was in the fridge just as Gerry and Derek came home.  "Princess we have tacos, salad and fruit tarts for lunch I hope you haven't cooked although it smells like you have" Gerry entered the kitchen with a number of bags. 

"I've prepped your dinner in the slow cooker and there is a vanilla cheesecake in the fridge setting.  You'll just need to put on some topping, there is some smashed nut brittle and a toffee sauce in a jug next to the cheesecake" I explained.  

Derek walked in and enveloped me in a hug kissing my head.  "Thanks hunny" It was one of Dereks favourite dessert so I knew he would be pleased.

"Good god don't ever leave home princess you spoil us" Gerry said.

"Let's eat and talk I just need to change quickly" Derek said as he made his way upstairs.  Gerry and I laid the table and put out some apple juice and water.  I put the coffee pot on knowing Derek and I would want some after eating.

As we sat Derek came back and had changed to joggers and t shirt.  He was quicker than expected.  "Eat" Gerry said.  I smiled at his silliness. 

As we ate we caught up on each other's day and plans for the weekend.   I confirmed I would be heading out about 2.30pm and hadn't arranged anything solid for the weekend yet. 

As we filled the dishwasher Derek filled a couple of mugs with coffee and I followed him to his office.  We settled down and I waited for Derek to take charge. 

"There is a lot of information we are going to tell you today sweetie.  Please don't be annoyed but some things we can't tell you.   When I met Gerry I had my first veterinarian set up.  It was a whirlwind romance and I knew Gerry was an author but I had been surprised how much he wasn't at home" Derek explained.

"The truth is princess I work for privately funded organisation called 'The Academy'.  We work under the radar supporting the government and the authorities.   We help.  In any aspect that is requested.  It can be gaining information, retrieving a package, rescuing someone or someone's, protecting people or exposing criminals or criminal activity.   We are vigilant in our tasks and take pride in the values we have created.   The Academy insist once qualified you are part of a team.  Men mare referred to as dogs and women as birds.   Teams can consist of 2 people upwards.   It's generally found that couples can be mixed genders but teams with more than 2 members tend to be one gender" Gerry explained.

"Once Gerry and I became serious he had explained to me about the Academy and asked me to join.   After a couple of meetings I agreed and we have been together as a couple professionally and personally for 12 years" Derek said.

"When you were rescued princess it was by the academy.  Dr Roberts was the one who treated you and was a close friend.  Whenever anyone is rescued files are sealed and the information is restricted to persons involved in that mission and the doctor directly involved" Gerry said. 

"Gerry is trying to reassure you that what we spoke of last week we had no prior knowledge.  Your details are still private Dr Roberts wouldn't disclose any information much like any doctor". Derek reassured me. 

"Ok I sort of get it and I'm not upset with anything you've told me up to now" it somehow made sense on their behaviour sometimes. 

"Gerry and I have approached the Academy about a project we are passionate about.  Quite often when children or young adults are freed within a mission the ones from the streets or broken homes get thrown back into the system and a situation that isn't much better.   We want to open a school" Derek explained.

"We want it to be more than a school.   We want it to be a sanctuary.  Our plan is we look at standard education as well as developing specific talents for students.   Once they turn 16 we would look to offer them a place to train in the Academy.  If they chose to not join the Academy we would help with securing jobs and accommodation for them" Gerry was gushing. 

"It sounds amazing and I understand now when I spoke about my studio how I could support any students you have that have artistic tendencies" I said excited about their project. 

"Yes I told Gerry about your idea and we want to support you.  The Academy are keen on our project and we have an option for the premises ready to present to the board.  We also wanted to ask if you would be interested in joining the Academy.   We would include you as our family member and potentially do missions together.   However with the Academy School and your Art studio we may have to take small missions whilst busy setting these up" Derek asked.

"I would like to find out more before making any decisions" I said.

"Great I'll make arrangements for a meeting to brief you further.   In regards to your studio we have an idea.   The premises we have for the school is a rundown hospital that is on a huge plot of land.   What if you built your studio on site?" Derek asked.

"Let me decide if the Academy is for me to begin with but I think my instinct would be no.   Don't look like that.  If I was living in the same place I was doing school I would appreciate time in an alternative location" I explained. 

"I didn't consider that and I think you may be right" Derek admitted.  I know he hates it when I outsmart him. 

"Well Jacob is unaware of all this so it's between us for now.  And you can't go talking about the Academy to anyone. Ok?" Gerry said.

"Yes ok.  Secret society with secret handshakes" I teased.  "Well I need to get ready so is there anything specific we need to talk about now" I inquired. 

"No princess you go pretty yourself for your beau" Gerry said.

I placed a kiss on both their cheeks whilst I bolted upstairs.   I had taken time today to arrange something I hoped Brandon would like.  We had already done a picnic so our meal later was a bit different also.

I put on my blue yoga pants and matching sports bra with a white lace over top.  I placed my skinny jeans and pink mandarin top with my pink ballet shoes to change to in a spare bag.

Taking my hair out I finger combed it into waves.   I wiped a small amount of bronzer on, a lick of mascara and pink lip gloss.   Grabbing a few more make up items to top up when I change I grabbed my bag. 

Going back down i went to Derek's office to find them in a compromising position.   "Jeez guys sock on door if you must.  See you later" I heard giggles as I swept out of the door.

Setting up my gps I sent a text to Brandon and made my way to pick him up. 

I pulled up to a large apartment building it was beautiful.  The main structure was steel but it had large sweeping windows.   It the the epitome of modern and sleek.  I was about to text Brandon to let him know I had arrived when I noticed Brandon exit the building and make his way towards me. 

God he was a beautiful man.  As he got closer he walked past the car.  I jumped out of the car and shouted him he stopped and turned with a confused look.  Oh dear now that I could see his face full on I realised it wasn't Brandon.  

He was identical in most ways his eyes just appeared softer and he had a more causal stance.  "I'm so sorry I thought you were Brandon" this made him smile and he was just as beautiful as his twin.

"Corey" I heard being shouted.  As I turned I saw Brandon approaching.  He noticed me and look surprised.  "Hey Pria" he said. 

"Hi, I take it Corey is your twin" I giggled.  Corey smiled but still looked a little confused.

"Yes, Corey this is Pria.  I'm glad you've both met. Pria would you give us a minute and I'll be with you" he explained. 

"Sure, nice to meet you Corey" I smiled as I turned to retreat to my car.  As I slid into the drivers seat and shut my door I watched the two men in my rear view mirror. 

I noticed a little heated exchange before Brandon placed his hand on his brothers shoulder.  Corey gave him a smile and Brandon made his way to me. 

As he got in the car he turned to me.  "I'm sorry about that Corey and I had a disagreement just as you text to say you were on your way" he explained. 

"Are you ok to come or do you need to go and sort things out?" I asked.

"Hey no it wasn't that bad and he is on his way out anyway" he reassured me. 

"Ok well fasten your belt and hold on" I laughed at Brandon's expression before moving out into the traffic. 

"So what have we planned you have me intrigued" Brandon asked as he slid his hand over and rested on my thigh. 

"Well I haven't told you before but I tend to be a bit excessive in regard to exercise.  I don't like sitting still so I decided to take you to one of my favourite pastimes" I explained.

"I have no idea where we're going but I already think it's a great idea if it's something you like to do" he said.   I pulled into an estate and up to a warehouse building.

We got out of the car and approached reception.   "I like this idea already" Brandon exclaimed.   His excitement relieved the tension I was holding in.

"Hey Pria we haven't seen you for a while" Debbie said from behind reception.  Debbie was in her 50's she has curly brown hair that was now highlighted with a few bits of grey.   She had warm soft brown eyes that made you instantly feel at home.   She was married to Rick and had been foster parents most of their lives but retired about 5 years ago.

Once retired they soon became bored and opened 'Rickos Rock Place'.  It was an indoor climbing arena which had a small coffee shop.  She signed us in as Rick entered the room. 

"Hey pudding we've missed you" Rick said.  Rick was a 6ft2 black man that had caramel eyes and a soft curly beard as black as his hair.  He was a huge man with a huge heart.

"Hey Rick I've been away at college but I'm back for the foreseeable future" I hugged him glad to be seeing them both again. 

"All that educating too much for ya lass" he said. 

"No I completed my courses early and have a project I have in mind" I said  "Rick and Debbie this is Brandon" I motioned between the 3 people. 

"So this is the one your sweet on" Debbie said. 

"Must be if she booked the whole place" Rick declared as I playfully slapped him for spilling my secrets.  Brandon narrowed his eyes at me slightly before speaking with Debbie and Rick.  I was glad that they were all getting on.

"Come on then you two we have mountains to conquer" Rick said. 

Climbing was fun.  Rick has Paul paired with me and I've climbed with him before.  Rick took Brandon and went through some tips but he picked it up pretty quickly.   We stayed for 2 hours.  "How did you enjoy that?" I asked.

"I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would I'm definitely coming back" Brandon said.

"Great I just want to change quickly and we'll be off" I said as I dashed to the changing room.  Once changed I went back out to reception to find Brandon, Rick and Debbie laughing. 

"Don't be telling my date any tall tales on me old man" I joked to Rick. 

"Hey less of the old pudding" he gave me a side squeeze.  "Don't be a stranger lass.  Give us a bell and stop for coffee next time I want updates and proper hugs" he said.

"Sure will" I waved to them both chastising myself for not visiting them sooner.

"That's was fabulous idea Senna.  What's next?" Brandon asked squeezing my hand before moving to the opposite side of the car. 

"Well dinner is next but please it's a bit unusual but just go with the flow" I said.   I hoped the next idea wasn't a bad idea.    We pulled back into town and I made my way to the old Rugby centre. 

"Have they converted this place into a restaurant?" Brandon asked.

"Sort of" I avoided a total explanation as I pulled into a parking space.  I sighed and thought I best explain. 

"When I did my final couple of years of school I struggled making friends.  I decided to get a job and I happened across this place.  its a restaurant with a difference" I said exiting the car.

Brandon came round grabbing my hand.  "Stop worrying Senna.  I couldn't care if we sat in a park eating a sandwich any time with you is fun" Brandon always said the right thing to make me instantly relax. 

"Ok let's go" as we entered the building it looked like a normal restaurant.  A young lady approached drinking up Brandon from head to toe.  

"How may I help you?" She purred and as yet hadn't given me any eye contact. 

"I have a booking for 2 people under Johnson" I said with a little clip to my tone. 

She took her eyes from Brandon and perused me from top to toe.   Unimpressed with what she saw she motioned us to follow her. 

Brandon took out my chair and as Brandon went to take his she stroked his arm.  "Excuse me young lady but do you always touch people without their consent.  May I speak with your manager" he said coldly.  I held back my grin as the girl scuttled off. 

Brandon turned back to me.  "Sorry I hate it when anyone is unprofessional in their role and I hate it even more when people touch me inappropriately" he shrugged as he sat down. 

"Please don't apologise.  We can leave if you'd prefer" I felt embarrassed now this situation had happened.  As Brandon was about to reply a man approached.  "You asked to see me, my name is Bernard Grey, the manager" he said. 

Brandon relayed the details to the manager and he began to look annoyed.  "I realise the incident is trivial but I would like you to be aware of the details" Brandon explained.

Mr Grey was so apologetic and Brandon appreciated that and we accepted a small discount on our next visit together with a free bottle of wine.

As the manager left our table he went to the front of the room.  'Welcome everyone,  tonight is games night.   Our renowned chef has four options for your three course meal this evening.  Once dinner is finished we shall retire to our games room next door.   Please enjoy your meal and don't hesitate to speak to us for any requests'

I looked to Brandon who had a little quizzical expression.  I laughed.  "Each night the restaurant showcase a small event after your meal.  Games night is normally board games.   They also have scavenger hunts, bingo, karaoke are just a few.  You can go online to book and check events.  I attended a murder mystery one time with my Dads we had a right laugh.  The food is delicious and it helps meet new people or just push you out of your comfort zone" I explained.

"I like this idea and I think my brothers would love it too" Brandon said.   A new waiter approached and went over our options.  The chef normally had a theme and at present it was Mexican and there was nothing I recognised.  Tim, our waiter was patient explaining each and every dish helping us with our choices. 

Dinner was delicious and conversation flowed i felt like everything was going to plan.   As we finished our desserts and had a coffee my nerves started. 

Mr Grey reappeared 'Ladies and Gentleman please make your way through the double doors to your right.   Choose a game and table of your choice and let the games begin" he motioned towards the door and Brandon appeared at my side.

As I stood he took my hand and we followed the flow of people into the adjacent room.   Throughout the room were tables with all kinds of board games.  I leant over to Brandon "As I've arranged tonight you choose the game" I said. 

I looked up and his eyes twinkled.  As we moved around the room Brandon stopped.   On the table was 'Speak Out' and six chairs were around the table.  Brandon pulled out a chair for me as we took our seats.

Two other couples took seats and we all went around introducing ourselves.   The game has mouthpieces that hold your mouth open.  The object is to guess what someone is saying without the full use of their mouths. 

It was hilarious my stomach ached from m laughing.  Jill and Peter had never played and were keen to buy it for their grand children.  Bob and Elaine had played before but it was one of their favourite.  Both couples were great company and it was Bob that won 2 games and Jill won the other. 

Leaving the restaurant Brandon grabbed my waist and turned me round.   "If you would have told me we would have been playing board games tonight with strangers I think I would have been apprehensive.   But it's one of the best nights ever" he said before slamming his lips to mine.

There was no holding back, our kiss was passionate and hot.  It was obvious as soon as our lips touched nothing else mattered.  We moved away out of breath.  "God I've missed you Pria" Brandon declared. 

"I've missed you too" I whispered as I leant up and placed a warm kiss to his neck.  I felt him shiver.  "It's not over I was thinking we could stop for coffee" I expressed.

"I would love to keep this date going as long as possible.  We are definitely coming back to ...hey what's this place called?" I giggled.

"Food and Fun" I said.  Brandon started chuckling as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the car.  We climbed in and I headed to my favourite coffee shop. 

'Black or White' was a coffee shop that had an industrial kind of look.  All metal table and chairs with dark grey walls and bright copper lights hanging low over the tables.  The counter was central to the shop and was in corrugated steel.   The barristers wore white shirts and silver bow ties. 

Their coffee was delicious and they normally had a special of the month.   Tiny bite sized cakes were on display.  They were bite size as you paid for three and could then have different options or three of the same choice. 

It was a new place but I'd already been numerous times and I had tried most of their options.  "Hey Pria are you in the mood for Mocha or tai latte" asked Sarah one of the barristers. 

"Hi Sarah a mocha please with a plate of a mix of cakes just randomly choose some please" I turned to Brandon.  "What would you like?" Brandon chose a cappuccino. 

I liked that he didn't argue with my paying this evening.   It warmed me that he respected my independence. 

"Grab a seat hun and we'll bring them over" Sarah was a nice girl and the staff here we're always welcoming and friendly. 

We scooted into the tall booths at the rear of the shop.   Brandon slid next to me and placed his hand on my thigh.  I looked up to meet his gaze "I've had a great time
tonight Senna" he said.

Our focus was broken as Sarah arrived with our drinks.  She placed them on the table together with a plate of cakes.  "These are tiny" Brandon snickered.

"The idea is you can have tasters of varying flavours and types of cakes.  They have an offer if you buy three with a drink" I explained.

"That's a good idea" he said as he dragged the cakes closer.  He took a tiny lemon drizzle slab in between his fingers and moved it towards my mouth. 

I opened slowly as he moved it onto my tongue.  Taking this opportunity I closed my mouth before his fingers moved and gave a little suck as they left my lips.

A little quiet moan escaped Brandon.  I had no sexual experience and I was thrilled I got that reaction from this sexy man sat next to me.  He leant forward reaching his hand to the back of my neck and pulled me into a swift kiss. 

His tongue darted into my mouth flicking a little of the cake.   It was erotic and tasty at the same time.  This time a moan leapt from my mouth and vibrated Brandon's lips slightly. 

He pulled away "we cannot continue Senna or things will become indecent pretty quickly" he chuckled as he turned and lifted his coffee.  

Flustered I also reached for my coffee taking a few sips.  Conversation flowed and I told Brandon about my studio idea.  How I loved art but how I also wanted to help kids experience it, regardless of their background or circumstances. 

Cake and coffee was the perfect end to our evening.   Driving Brandon home I wondered again what was the next move.   I liked Brandon a lot but I wasn't sure if tonight was the night to change my virgin status. 

As we pulled up to his apartment building he clicked off his belt and leaned over to me.  He rubbed his thumb over my bottom lip.  "I must admit my favourite past time is tasting your lips". He leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Message me beautiful let me know your plans.   I have a full shop of work tomorrow but I wondered if Sunday we could do lunch" he asked. 

"Yeah Sunday I am free" I replied a little too breathless. 

He smiled looking a bit too smug.  "Great I'll message you to arrange.  Goodnight" again he leant in dropped a kiss on my lips and exited the car.

I was a little disappointed in the way he left and wondered if I had done something wrong.  I shook off my negative thoughts and headed home.

Getting home I noticed Dereks office door ajar and his light still on.  I made my way in the office to find him asleep at his desk. I walked over and gently shook his shoulder.  He blinked awake taking in my silhouette.

"Hey baby girl did you have a nice date?" Derek asked as he straightened himself up. 

"Yes lovely" I replied.  "Dad can I ask you something" I asked hesitantly. 

"Of course you can" he said.   I suddenly felt a little shy.

"When did you know you had fallen for Gerry" I asked.

"To be honest almost immediately.   I knew he was special and I made every effort to see him as much as I could.  Yes I was a horny teenager around him and when I wasn't around him I constantly checked my phone" he stated.

I sighed.  "Look Pria don't over think things.  Love is love it happens when you least expect it and it's beautiful.   Be honest with yourself and him and enjoy getting to know each other" he said guiding me out of his office and locking the door. 

"I'll check the house you get to bed.  Jacob and Gerry are probably already snoring" he chuckled as I approached the stairs.  "Oh and use protection missy" I heard him shout.  That statement I wasn't even responding to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 7.8K 38
Tori has always known her parents were capable of horrible things. She's witnessed it first hand since she was a child. She's terrified of her parent...
185K 10.7K 39
Tori is already cracked and broken after barely managing to escape her abusive fiancé. She's trying to heal both physically and mentally. She doesn't...
357K 11.6K 64
Can Emmalynn Find love after Being In a Terrible Relationship with her Ex Boyfriend Is 14 her lucky number , Follow her journey #ghostbird #blackbo...
75.7K 4.7K 45
First off let me say that yes this is yet ANOTHER CL Stone Blackbourne Toma fan fiction. I have absolutely NO IDEA where I am going with this. It's s...