Love Changes (Dramione)

By cupcxkebrxd

All Hermione wanted to do was to return to Hogwarts and finish her education with a bang as Head Girl. After... More

[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[seven]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty one]
[twenty two]
[twenty three]
[twenty four]
[twenty five]
[twenty six]
[twenty seven]
[twenty eight]
[twenty nine]
[thirty]
[thirty one]
[thirty two]
[thirty three]
[thirty four]
[thirty five]
[thirty six]
[thirty seven]
[thirty eight]
[thirty nine]
[forty]
[forty one]
[forty two]
[forty three]
[forty four]
[forty five]
[forty six]
[forty seven]
[forty eight]
[forty nine]
[fifty]
[fifty one]
[fifty two]
[fifty three]
[fifty four]
[fifty five]
[fifty six]
[fifty seven]
[fifty eight]
[fifty nine]
[sixty]
[sixty one]
[sixty two]
[sixty three]
[sixty four]
[R: sixty five]
[R: sixty six]
[R: sixty seven]
[sixty eight]
[R: sixty nine]
[seventy]
[R: seventy one]
[seventy two]
[seventy three]
[seventy four]
[the last: seventy five]
[epilogue]

[twenty]

38.1K 934 724
By cupcxkebrxd

When Viktor Krum agreed to take his graduate studies under the esteemed professor McGonagall, he never expected it to come with an arranged marriage. Ever since the news of the law, he has felt nothing but regret for choosing to come to Hogwarts. It seems as if every time he decides to come to this place, something horrible happens. 

At first he thought it was all because of Harry Potter, but it seems as if the bad luck is really just rooted to the school itself. 

He wasn't involved in any romantic relationships as of the moment. Hermione was the last, and he had come to Hogwarts hoping there might still be something there, only to find not one, but three men already vying for her affections - Ronald Weasley, Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott. 

Viktor couldn't take it against her, she was an exceptionally beautiful and brilliant witch. Men were bound to fall on their knees at the sight of her. 

"Viktor Krum, fancy seeing you out here." a voice said behind him "I would've pegged you for the Quidditch Pitch type of thinker."

He spun around to find Celine Zabini approaching him with a dazzling smile "Quidditch isn't all there is to me." Viktor chuckled and skipped another rock across the lake "I happen to like skipping rocks. It helps me think." 

"It's been a while since I last saw you." Celine pointed out "You should have told me you had plans on pursuing further studies when we shot for Witch Weekly two years back."

"I hadn't really decided on it when I last saw you." Viktor chuckled "How are you, mademoiselle?"

"Oh you know, worrying about who I'll end up with, like everybody else around me." Celine chuckled humorlessly "And you, monsieur?" 

"Worrying about who I'll end up with, like everybody else around me." Viktor said, repeating after Celine

The pair laughed "Crazy how if you and I both decided to stay where we were, we wouldn't need to go through with this." 

"I wouldn't need to." Viktor said "You, on the other hand, might still have to. I heard they're adapting this type of rule every where else."

"What a time to be alive." Celine said, her words dripping with sarcasm

"You don't have anyone in mind, do you?" Viktor asked

Celine wouldn't be a horrible choice. She was a pureblood witch from a wealthy family. At fifteen years old, she was a celebrity already earning for herself. Her heart was good, and her manners were perfect - it wouldn't disappoint his parents if he took someone like her home. At least he'll end up with a friend. 

"I actually do." Celine smiled sadly "I'm not sure I'm the one on his mind, though. So, that's a bit of a bummer." 

Scratch that thought then, he mentally sighed. This was going to be difficult. Maybe he'll have more luck by submitting his name for sorting in the next week. Get this thing over with.

"You're an amazing lady, Celine. He'd be mad not to have you on his mind as well." Viktor smiled at her comfortingly 

"What about you?" Celine asked, refusing to dwell on the fact that Theo has remained silent about this particular elephant in the room

"All the ladies I've set my eyes on have been spoken for, unfortunately." Viktor laughed coldly "I might just let the ministry choose for me in the next week." 

 "Well, Viktor, whoever you'll be paired with will be lucky to have you." Celine smiled "Who wouldn't want an overly handsome world champion Quidditch player by her side?"

"There is more to me than Quidditch." Viktor repeated with an eye roll and a smile 

"I know, I'm only kidding, Viktor." Celine chuckled softly "You have a good heart. They'll be crazy not to see that. You were surrounded with people who were dark and prejudiced your entire life. Some of us weren't brave enough to not let it get to us, but you were. That courage to keep your heart and intentions pure? I don't think people will be able to find that elsewhere that easily." 

Viktor was speechless for a moment. He hadn't realized that others actually saw that side of him. Most people would only see him as the world-famous Quidditch player. "Thanks, Celine. That actually means a lot to me." 

"I know you're just waiting for someone to notice." Celine smiled, giving him a light pat on the shoulder "It might seem impossible to find a love that'll fit you with the amount of time we have, but I have this feeling that you will. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to meet my friend Astoria." 

"Go ahead, Cel." Viktor smiled 

Celine found Astoria at the foot of the owlery, looking rather glum "You alright?" Celine asked worriedly

"People seem to be asking me that a lot today." Astoria sighed, but smiled at her friend nonetheless "I've just sent an owl to my parents informing them of my choice to get sorted. They're not going to be happy."

Celine frowned, she knew how pureblood parents were. They insisted on arranging your marriage for you if your choice wasn't suitable enough for them. The Greengrass' are part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight. Absolutely no taint of muggle blood, and Celine knew that they'd rather keep it that way. 

"Here's to hoping you'll be paired with another pure-blood, then." Celine smiled comfortingly and gave her a tight squeeze 

"What about you?" Astoria asked "Any luck with the man waiting for you upstairs?"

"Who?" 

"Theodore Nott asked to come with me when he found out I was meeting you here." Astoria smiled "He's up there waiting for you." 

"Waiting for me?" Cline squeaked 

"Yes, Cel." Astoria laughed and gave her friend a light shove "Go on. We can talk later." with one last wave, she turned to leave for the Slytherin dungeons, leaving Celine in shock. What was Theo doing waiting for her at the top of this tower? Celine drew in a breath, she knew there was a reason why she wasn't sorted into Gryffindor.

She wasn't ready to hear his rejection.

"Celine." Theo greeted upon seeing her at the entryway. He was petting his snowy owl, slowly giving him treats after every few strokes "Astoria told me you'd be coming here."

"You could've waited for me in our common room." Celine said pointedly

"I wanted to speak to you alone." Theo sighed "I want to...make a proposition." 

A proposition? Celine thought "You've piqued my interest. Continue."

"I know how you feel about me, Cel." Theo said "You've made your interest very clear."

"You're not wrong." she almost choked on her own spit, she knew what she wanted but she didn't know that it was that obvious to everybody else "What about it? I know you're still hung up on Hermione." 

"That ship has already sailed. Gone." Theo waved off, though he seemed to wince at the mention of her "I want to talk about us, Cel. That night we watched the meteors."

"Ah, our kiss." Celine raised a brow as she settled for a comfortable position against the small window, hopefully no owl was on its way, otherwise there'd be feathers in her hair "You seemed quite intent on not bringing that up. Why now?"

Theo groaned, this was getting frustrating "I don't know how to do this without sounding like..."

"Like you're using me? Looking for a reason to do this with me? Sounding like you're being forced to do this with me?" Celine tried to finish for him with a light laugh "Teddy, I understand you. This stupid law is a pureblood family's dream come true. A marriage for convenience? Opportunity? Power? We've all be through that introduction."

"It still doesn't make this okay." Theo shook his head "I was brought up better than this. I don't use people."

"You wouldn't be the only one who'll benefit from this arrangement." Celine pointed to herself "My parents would be thrilled their only daughter will be marrying into a Sacred Twenty-Eight family."

Theo sighed "I wish I could ask you this under different circumstances." he shook his head 

"You mean when you're in love with me." Celine said, she was very cut-throat. If this were any other day, Theo would be greatly impressed. "I get it, Theo. Your proposition?" she asked. She was doing quite well in pretending like her heart wasn't shattering into a million pieces before her

"We grew up together, Cel. We spent our summers in each other's manors every single year. If I had to pick a friend to do this with, it'd be you. I will find comfort in knowing that I'll be doing this with somebody who already knew me; somebody I could trust. After everything we've been through with our families, I can't imagine any other person I could do this with." Theo sighed and walked up to her "I'm not just saying this because I need you to do this with me, but because it's also the truth. You've caught my eye, Cel. I am attracted to you and I do want to try with you. If you'll have me?"

Celine couldn't help but frown "I know your tricks, Theodore Nott. We grew up together, so I know that you'll do and say anything just to get what you want." 

Theo cupped Celine's cheeks "Fine, you know me. Then answer this: would I have kissed you that night of the viewing if I hadn't been attracted to you? Would I have agreed to go and watch with you if I didn't like you? We didn't know of the law then."

Celine met his bright blue eyes with her own "No." she said

"Then you know that I'm being truthful with you right now. I do like you, I want you." Theodore said, dropping his hands to his sides "If this dumb law didn't just barge into both our lives, then I'd be asking you out on another date right now, instead of marriage."

Celine laughed lightly "Uh-uh," she shook her head "Your marriage proposal has to be more grand than this, Theodore Nott. As one of your oldest friends, you owe me that much."

Theo smirked "That's a yes, then?"

"It's not like there's a more suitable pure-blood around here besides yourself." Celine shrugged. She wasn't ecstatic. She wished they'd be dating under different circumstances, but they haven't got much of a choice. "On the condition that you....will really try, Theo. I don't mind spending the rest of my life with you, we've been doing that for the longest time already. You're my best friend, but I don't want to die without knowing what actual romance is. Without knowing what it's like to be courted, taken out on dates and spontaneous escapades."

"Romance, that's your only condition?" Theo cocked a brow "Do you know who you're talking to?"

"Yes, I'm talking to the boy who choked after stuffing his mouth with too much bon bons when we were eight." Celine rolled her eyes

Theo laughed "Romance is too easy. I'll have you swept off your feet in no time.", but Celine was wearing a rather serious expression again "What?"

"You really mean it though, right, Theo?" Celine asked, her eyes almost pleading "You're not just saying or agreeing to all these because you need my...blood status?"

Theodore Nott sighed heavily and wrapped his arms around her "I mean it, Celine. With all my heart I mean it." he said quietly "Would I lie to my best friend?"

Cel shook her head against his chest "That wouldn't be the Theo I know."

"If you'd come back earlier than when Hermione Granger entered my life, then maybe we wouldn't be asking each other these doubts right now." Theo sighed 

"I understand, Theo. It's not your fault." Cel whispered "I can see why you and Draco are both smitten. What's not to love about her?"

Theo pulled away slightly and stared into her worried blue eyes "What's not to love about you?" he asked quietly "I'm sorry it's taking me longer to feel these things for you. I feel it, Cel. I do. Just...give me time to catch up with you. It wouldn't be fair to only meet you halfway."

"Don't worry, Teddy." Celine smiled with nothing but understanding and patience in her eyes before leaning her head against his chest "We have the rest of our lives for that."

-----

"Another letter?" Blaise asked "Mate, you should really send a reply to your mother." 

"I've been replying to her, Blaise. I'm not a monster." Draco rolled his eyes "I just haven't been answering her question."

"Does Granger know about this?" Pansy asked 

Draco shook his head in answer "I'm not sure I want to tell her."

"Keeping secrets is the first step to losing the girl, Malfoy." Goyle tutted

"Since when were you an expert in relationships?" Draco scowled 

"Since he signed the ministry contract with Millicent Bulstrode." Pansy giggled

"Bulstrode?" Draco spluttered out "You're stupid."

"What? She's a Sacred Twenty-Eight, too. You know my mother would never approve of anybody else." Goyle rolled his eyes "Speaking of mothers. You really should answer yours, Malfoy. It can't be easy to have your husband in line for the kiss - I know it wasn't easy for mine when my father had his."

They were all quiet 

"Where is Nott, anyway?" Draco asked, changing the subject after noticing one of his best mates missing from his usual audience "I haven't seen him since Potions this morning."

"He went out to meet my cousin." Blaise answered "Stop changing the subject, Malfoy. What are you going to do now?" 

Draco sighed and summoned a parchment and quill "I suppose it can't hurt to have one last spat with my father about my choices." he muttered as he wrote his mother an owl confirming his attendance to the trial in the coming weekend 

"Have you told your mother about Granger?" Blaise asked 

Draco shook his head "Im not sure how to." 

Pansy whistled "Well, that, we can't help you with." she chuckled nervously "We will be there for you, though. You can count on that."

"I'm not sure McGonagall will let all five of you out of the castle just for me." Draco shook his head 

"It can't hurt to try." Blaise patted his oldest friend's shoulder before walking away to head to bed. His new room with Pansy was all the way in the other side of the castle, and he was quite exhausted from the day's spellwork. 

"That's my cue." Pansy huffed as she stood from the couch "Couldn't hurt to wait for me, Zabini?"

"Look, you'll figure this out, mate." Goyle gave Draco a sympathetic smile "This war took its toll on everyone. We're all bound to make different choices. Your mother will understand that."

"I'm not as worried about my mother's reaction to Granger as I am of my father's trial, but thanks, Goyle." Draco mumbled as he, too, left for his own common room. He ran into Theo and Celine returning to the Slytherin common room, but he was too distracted to say hello 

The walk back up to the seventh floor was a long one. He took too much time on the staircase to the fifth floor that it shifted twice before he got to the next flight. Hermione was already fast asleep when he got there. They did a lot of work in all their N.E.W.T. classes that he understood how exhausted she must be - even he was exhausted. 

He sighed after noticing the fireplace turned off. It was freezing cold outside, no wonder Hermione was bundled up like a ball underneath the covers. He whispered a small incendio before heading into the bathroom to get ready for bed. 

His mind was a mess. He was exhausted from the day's work, add the mess his family was in and he'd be about ready to sleep the next century off. Draco slipped out of his robes and into a fresh pair of sleepwear before going to his sink to wash his face. 

"What am I going to do?" he whispered in agony as he clenched his fists painfully. He didn't want to see his father again. After everything that he did and everything that's happened because of him, Draco never ever wanted to see that man again. His mother was right to testify against him. All he did was bring their family harm and torture. 

Lucius Malfoy worshiped the Dark Lord more than he loved his family. 

Not realizing the tears that had started to fall from his eyes, Draco felt arms wrap around his waist "Shhhh, it's alright." Hermione whispered "Talk to me, baby."

Draco let out a sob he didn't know he was holding back. Everything that he had been pushing to the back of his mind since the war, everything that only appeared in his dreams came rushing back like an open dam. He held onto Hermione like a lifeline. 

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked quietly. She has never heard Draco in so much pain before, she didn't know what to do and it broke her heart 

"I hate him, Hermione." Draco said through gritted teeth "I hate him, I hate all of them."

Hermione stayed quiet as she rubbed circles against Draco's back. They were on the floor now, Draco crying helplessly against her chest. She knew he had to get this out. It seemed like he had been holding this in for far too long and nothing else besides a good cry will ease him of the pain, albeit temporarily "It was horrible, Hermione. It was all so horrible."

"I know, my love, I know." Hermione sighed, holding him close. Draco kept his head against Hermione's chest. The only thing that can calm him right now is her beating heart. The sound of her alive, the sound of something good alive and in his life was the only thing enough to stop the tears. "I'm sorry, Hermione. For everything." he sobbed 

Hermione closed her eyes painfully before cupping his face "Draco, look at me." he refused to meet her eyes "Look at me." she whispered 

"It's all our fault. Everything." He muttered

Hermione kissed a tear away "I've forgiven you, Draco. You know that." she said quietly, wiping his face with his towel she reached from the counter "Everything is in the past. That isn't you anymore. Everything that happened, I know you didn't really want to be a part of that. I know your heart, Draco, and I know that it's good."

Draco met her worried gaze and sighed "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing." She shook her head and brushed his hair away from his eyes. It was getting long, she kept a mental note to remind him of a haircut "Do you want to tell me what happened?" she asked 

"My father's trial is this weekend." Draco looked away "I didn't want to tell you. It's enough that it's bringing back horrible memories to me, I don't want you to experience it too."

"Draco, I want to be there for you. Always." She whispered and forced him to meet her eyes "Nevermind what happened before. I don't want you to worry about me when you have enough to worry about yourself. I want to be there for you." she repeated

"That night at the manor. The night you escaped." Draco whispered, his eyes were filled with so much anguish that it hurt Hermione's heart just by staring into them "The Dark Lord, he came. When he found you and the others to be gone, he tortured us all. He threatened to kill me, my mother. All of us.

"Oh, Draco." Hermione sighed and wrapped her arms around him 

"My father, he let him. The bastard watched as V-Voldemort tortured me all night long." Draco whispered "My father pointed his finger at me to avoid punishment. He pointed his finger at me for refusing to identify Potter when he was brought in."

"I'm so sorry, Draco." Hermione whispered 

"I never wanted to be a Death Eater, but I had to. He was going to kill my mother for my father's mistake." Draco shook his head as he continued, another tear escaping "I couldn't let my mother die. She was the only one that protected me. My father wanted the Dark Lord's praise more than he wanted his family. I'm in this mess because of him, Hermione, and this weekend I finally get to watch them take his rotten soul away."

"It's okay to be sad, Draco. You loved your father at some point, I know." Hermione said 

"I shouldn't have." Draco shook his head and pulled away "I used to idolize him. I used to think he was this amazing man, but now I know that was a fake. My tears are an insult to you and everything that has happened because of his stupidity." he angrily wiped at his face, refusing to look at Hermione 

She shook her head and forced him to look at her again "Draco, you loved your father and that's okay." she smiled sadly "It's okay to mourn for who you thought he was and it's okay to mourn for who he is now. It's okay to be hurt and angry."

"I'm sorry for what he did, for every thing." 

"Stop apologizing. You have nothing to apologize for anymore, Draco. I've forgiven you." She caressed his cheek tenderly "Your father's mistakes are not yours to carry or apologize for, remember that."

Draco sighed

"I want to be there for you this weekend, if you'll let me." Hermione said quietly. She knew he'll need someone 

"Are you sure you can...can take seeing him?" Draco asked, this might be the first time Hermione will have an encounter with a Death Eater since the war 

"For you? Of course." Hermione said "Nothing you ask will ever be too much for me, Malfoy."

"Then it would give me much comfort to have you there with me." Draco smiled weakly 

Hermione smiled back and pressed a kiss on his forehead "Come to bed?" Hermione asked, being the first to stand up "You'll feel much better tomorrow."

Draco sighed and stood up "Go ahead, I'm right behind you."

"Don't be long." Hermione said and left the bathroom knowing he needed a few minutes to collect himself. She knew Draco wasn't one to be comfortable with letting others see him weak. There was a reason he sought comfort elsewhere during their sixth year.

After another splash of water on his face and a brush of his teeth, he slipped under the covers where Hermione wasted no time entangling herself with him. "You have a good heart, Draco. Please remember that."

"I don't know what I did to deserve you." Draco whispered and pressed a kiss against her temple "Thank you."

"You listened to your heart and chose to be brave enough to follow it." Hermione smiled up at him "That's what you did, and there's nothing to thank for. We're a team, Draco. I have your back wherever and whenever."

Draco's heart was nearly ready to explode. He truly was lucky to have this girl in his arms giving him comfort and care he had never quite felt before. It was too early to tell her he loved her, but he felt it all the same. For now, he's going to enjoy the moment and sleep with her in his arms.

"You deserve everything good that's about to happen to you, Draco." Hermione closed her eyes and snuggled closer to his chest 

For once in his life, he actually believed that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 57.8K 81
The Wizarding War had been won and professor McGonagall had filled the position of Headmistress of Hogwarts. Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, had been...
201K 8.3K 48
Book One, but can be read as a stand alone Draco Malfoy had everything. The money, the name, any toys or clothes he wanted. Sure his parents were a l...
44.9K 2K 24
"It's warmer where you are and safer by your side." Four years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter are now happily engaged an...
21.5K 372 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...