Running For Miles | ✓

By Gemma_Grace_

Eden Rivers is the new girl, she transferred from Pennsylvania in the middle of the year, on the run from an... More

Running For Miles
Characters
Prologue
01 ➳ Meeting Lila
02 ➳ New Girl
03 ➳ My Personal Bully
04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone
05 ➳ Tater Tots
06 ➳ Emotionless Player
07 ➳ Are You Stoned?
08 ➳ Few Screws Lose
09 ➳ You're All Pathetic
10 ➳ Loneliness And Anxiety
11 ➳ It's A Drug Thing
12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes
13 ➳ Jump Off Of A Cliff
14 ➳ I'm Just Fucked Up
15 ➳ Drugs Are Bad
16 ➳ Rich People
17 ➳ My Old Friend Molly
18 ➳ In A Friend Way
19 ➳ Lila's Almost Doppelganger
20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?
21 ➳ Option Two
22 ➳ The Comedown
23 ➳ The Party
24 ➳ The Rooftop
25 ➳ Arden Roson
26 ➳ Sorry Dad
27 ➳ New Haven
28 ➳ Pinky Promise
29 ➳ Trauma
30 ➳ I Love You Too
31 ➳ Hard, Meaningless, Sex
32 ➳ Kian Karrington
33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships
34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit
35 ➳ Feelings Are Overrated
36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?
37 ➳ Until Lila Hayes
38 ➳ Baby Steps
39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too
40 ➳ Until Miles Hale
41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types
42 ➳ Suck Him Off
43 ➳ Enemies With Benefits
44 ➳ I Love You
46 ➳ Beautiful Ghost
47 ➳ Boys Can Cry Too
48 ➳ He's Broken
49 ➳ That Wasnt Sex
50 ➳ Bye Mom
51 ➳ Found You
52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird
53 ➳ The Kian Thing
54 ➳ Forever And Always
55 ➳ I Would Punch Hale
56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?
57 ➳ Forever And Ever
58 ➳ Incest
59 ➳ Goodbye
60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire
61 ➳ Lakyn or Boston
62 ➳ Let's Play A Game
63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen
64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him
65 ➳ Get Off Me
66 ➳ Blood, Tears, And Heartbreak
67 ➳ I Deserved Hale
68 ➳ What Did You Do?
69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged
70 ➳ It's Just Us Now
Epilogue

45 ➳ Lila's Story

6.8K 171 90
By Gemma_Grace_

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

For some reason, this past week has been such a long, boring, and slow one. I felt as though all I've done this week is attend long boring class that has just given out heaps of homework and things to study on for our upcoming exams which sucks because I would way rather be over at Hales place cuddling him while watching a movie of some description or even going for a long drive around the surrounding forests.

Speaking of hale I feel as though I've barely seen him or maybe that's just me being clingy but in my defense, I haven't gone over to his house all week as he's been super busy training for the next upcoming game, apparently, coach has been on his and Lakyn's backs a lot lately as there is a rumor they could be drug testing the players next game.

I'm begging and praying that it's just a rumor as I know for a fact that Lakyn won't be able to stay clean, well maybe if Lila helps him but I seriously don't think that would be a very fun thing to help someone try and stop.

Addiction is such a sad and hard thing to break, I've personally seen it and somewhat been through it, well the helping processes anyway. I tried helping my mother to get clean, she told me that she hated seeing me live in such a disgusting place and that it was time for a change.

She did so well the first three days, I made sure I was with her every minute of every day I even slept with her at night. I tried to keep her busy as I had known if her mind was busy and not of her next fix, then there would be a possibility that she won't feel the need or well want to get high.

But I had left her in the lounge room for a mere few minutes to make sure our home branded fries weren't burning in our rusty old oven, I had come back to find her gone, I freaked out and called out for her. I had found her minutes after, laying in the bathtub, an empty needle next to her as she smiled, looking out the window.

I remember my face dropping, I tiptoed out of the bathroom as she started to mumble about things that weren't there and scratching her arm. Crying was the only thing I did till the sun had set that night, all I could feel was betrayal and it felt horrible especially because my mother had caused the feeling to appear in my young body.

"Hey." Sammy said, bringing me out of my dark thoughts, "You okay kiddo?"

It's such a hard question to answer, especially when I feel sad and well empty, but for no real reason at all. It's hard to explain because even I'm not sure how to explain the way I'm feeling because everything around me is good but for some reason, I feel as though I could break down at any second.

I nodded with a smile, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Sam rolled his eyes as he got up off the couch and plonked down next to me, "Then what's on ya mind?" he asked as he looked over at me.

"Do you... Do you ever think about mom?" I asked as I slowly looked into his.

His eyes went wide as he just looked at me, unable to say anything as he pulled his hand through his hair and looked away from me, "No." he breathed in as he tapped his foot and then bit down onto his lip, "I don't."

It was a lie.

Sam does this slightly weird thing when he lies, its normally two soft taps of his foot on the ground, and then its followed by him biting down on his lip. He's done those two things ever since he was a small child, it was how my mother and father had managed to always know when he was trying to lie to them about something.

"Bullshit." I snapped as I sent him a glare with my blanket still wrapped tightly around me, "You must, there's no way that you can't have at least once thought about her." I paused as I looked up at him, "She's your mother."

Sam looked at me blankly as if he was having an internal conversation with himself, "Was." he corrected me rather disgustedly as if someone had put sour milk in his mouth, "She was my mother." he took a few seconds to pause while letting out a sigh, "A mother doesn't destroy her family. A mother doesn't turn to drugs when things get just a little tough. A mother doesn't rip her family away from each other." he said as tears started to slowly form into his eyes before he spoke:

"A mother doesn't leave her daughter." he said softly, "Especially when she has no one or nowhere to go... that's safe and secure."

All I could do was watch as the tears started to fall down my face, what Sammy had said was true, a mother or well parent for that matter should never ever do any of the things he had stated. It just sucks because I wish that she never ripped this family apart I wish she never resulted in drugs to make her happy.

I wish she didn't abandon me.

Abandonment. It's probably one of the shittier things someone could do to another as it results in them having some sort of anxiety disorder or even abandonment issues. These issues then cause that person to, always want to please others, giving too much in relationships, an inability to trust others, and feeling insecure in romantic partnerships and friendships.

Not trying to self-diagnose but I believe I can relate to some of those categories. I try my best to please people as I care and want them to be happy even over my own happiness. When I first met people, I definitely try and figure them out, so I can try and figure out if I am going to let them in and trust them and lastly, I do feel very insecure in my romantic relationships and friendships.

With Boston, I was nothing but insecure for a good few months before I actually found myself able to trust him and that he wouldn't leave me. I would always think to myself when we were out or with his friends that there were so many girls that would be way better for him than me.

"I don't like letting myself think about that woman, that's why I tried lying." Sammy whispered as he brushed a tear off of my cheek, "But to answer your question, yes, I used to think about her every day." He sucked in a sigh as he tried to keep himself together, "I pretty much begged for days and days that she would come back to dad and I with you beside her but it never happened."

My heart broke as I watched a tear glide down his face, "Sammy, please don't cry."

"I just wanted my fucking mom." He snapped which caused me to flinch slightly, "She was supposed to drive me to my lacrosse practices and watch me play, she was supposed to help me with my homework, she was-"

I cut Sam off as I pulled him into me as his words were breaking my heart but what he didn't understand is that the lady that looked like mom was not our mother anymore; I guess you should never trust what you see as even salt looks like sugar.

Sam and I sat together for what felt like hours before we let go of each other and went back to watching Netflix, Pretty Little Liars to be exact as Sam is a complete and utter slut for Hannah Marin.

I tried to watch but my mind seemed to wonder away from the interesting series in front of me and to somewhere else inside my head.

All of what has happened to me has happened to me for a reason. I mean if my mother hadn't had cheated on my father and ran off with me, her new boyfriend and drugs than I wouldn't have met Boston. Even though Boston would soon be the worst thing that had happened to me if I hadn't have met him and been abused by him then I would never have run away from him and back to my father and brother.

This then had resulted in me meeting Lila Hayes the queen b of Dayton Academy and me soon to be best friend, I also met my other friend Lakyn Westbrook who is rude but deep down not so bad when you get to know and understand him. But last, of all I met a brown-haired boy with the most beautiful dark brown eyes that I would find myself getting lost in and dreaming of being in his arms when I feel alone.

The front door opening is what pulls me out of my thoughts, it could only have been one person, dad. Ever since the other day in physical education I've been meaning to try and talk to him about the whole 'Arden' situation and who my father truly thinks could have killed him.

Leaping off of the couch I told Sammy I would be back before I made my way into the kitchen and face to face with my father who was rustling around in the fridge for something to eat as he probably hasn't eaten anything all day.

"Hey Dad, how was work." I said trying to start a conversation with him before I sprung the real conversation subject onto him.

A jar scraping against the fridge shelf makes my teeth feel funny as he pops his head out of the fridge to look at me, "Hey pumpkin." he said with a tired smile, "It's been long and tiring but it's nothing a good sleep and ham and cheese croissant can't fix." he chuckled to himself as he pulled ham, cheese, and butter out of the fridge.

"That's good to hear." I smiled as I twirled a strand of my hair around my finger nervously, "So I've been wondering-"

Dad chuckled, his back to me as he cut his croissant in half and then popping both pieces into the toaster, "Well that's dangerous.

I rolled my eyes at him as I tried not to laugh at him, "Let's say that Arden Roson was murdered, who do you think would have done it?" I asked nervously as his eyes snapped up towards me.

"And what makes you think that he was murdered?"

Well, the cases files on your desk that I was supposed to put away for you, pretty much told me that he was murdered or that there is a high chance he was anyway.

"I don't know there have been rumors going around school that he could have been murdered." I lied as I watched him slice some cheese, "People think that it was Lakyn Westbrook or Hale." I stated, "But who do you think would or could have done it?"

Dad eyed me before turning around and grabbing his croissant out of the toaster and quickly dropping them back down onto the chopping board, "I shouldn't even be talking to you about this." he huffed but I gave him a begging look, "I don't know Eden, Maybe it could have been the Westbrook boy, I mean he does have a bad record and things that could show that he is capable of murder, I mean the boy almost killed that Kian boy."

"He just has no motive in the situation." Dad sighed as he took a bite out of his food, "I mean he never seemed to be around Arden well except for lacrosse games and practice and the odd party or two as some have said, but I don't think he hated Arden."

He hates him but there's no way my dad needs to know that. I mean the reason that Lakyn hates Arden is because he pretty much almost raped Lila, his enemy or well lover I guess you could say. Unfortunately, I can't tell my father about the whole Lila almost getting raped situation, as it is not my place to tell someone else Lila's story.

"Who do you think it was?" my father asked as he looked into my eyes, curiosity seemed to dance around in his eyes as he awaited my answer.

I tapped my chin, "If I'm being honest, I think it was Kian Carring-"

"No way." Dad cut me off, "Why would he want to kill his best friend?"

Here goes nothing.

I sighed, "It was pretty much known to everyone around school that Kian was obsessed with Arden and some would say maybe even liked him more than a best friend." I paused, "There were rumors spread from a few people from school that they saw Arden taking a girl upstairs with Kian following behind at a party and that was the last time he was seen."

My dad's eyes lit up as he looked at me, "Do you know the girl's name, she must know what happened that night."

Trying to think of an answer as quickly as I could I was distracted by the loud ringing of ambulance sirens through the quiet estate, no more than a few seconds later we saw the massive vehicle fly past our house and pull into Lila's driveway.

My face dropped as my father dropped his food and flew out of the kitchen and out of the front door. I matched my father's fast pace as he quickly made his way down the long driveway and threw the crowd where he yelled for everyone to get back.

"What the fuck happened here." I sighed out loud as I looked around me for long blonde hair and a probably majorly pale face.

After a few seconds my eyes locked onto my best friend, I ran over to her and pulled her into me, she looked up at me her face red and puffy from crying. She smiled softly up at me before it fell and she broke down crying in my arms.

"Hey, it's okay." I comforted her, "Lake and Hale will be here soon, Li."

The sound of heavy footsteps sounded, which caused Lila to raise her head from my boney shoulder and then just like that her knees gave out which caused her to fall down onto the ground, hugging her knees to her chest.

I turned slightly before leaning down to envelop her into my arms, my eyes followed two paramedics who held both ends of a stretcher, which had a body bag secured onto it.

Please don't tell me that's who I think it is in there.

Hey Hi Hello

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

We really just killed Lila's mother... sorry not sorry. Do you feel bad for Lila considering her past? What do you think will happen to the friendship group after this and please let me know in the comments what you thought.

Look forward to more hale and Eden cuteness in the next chapter!

Please don't forget to vote, leave a comment and go read 'Loving Lakyn' by @sharnahespinosa

GemmaGrace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 57.6K 39
Meet seventeen-year-old Amelia Stark and welcome to her tragic life. Unfortunate circumstances have brought her and her twin sister, Anna, to Califor...
9.3K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
Bloody Smiles By Jessica Lic

Mystery / Thriller

234 76 22
Icelyn Ferrit, a high school sophomore who moves from Seattle, a wealthy American city, to Salmon Arm, a simple, lonely town in Canada. She meets ma...
388 52 27
Do we truly know those we consider as our family? This is the last year before the beginning of the rest of Cara and Mia lives! Mia Carter still has...