alaska | grey's anatomy

By friessssssssss

ā‡¢ "Oh, my God. You're a virgin." "Don't-!" "I just had the best sex of my life with a virgin." ā‡¢ "...We're j... More

ā‡¢ C A S T ā‡ 
ā‡¢ P L A Y L I S T ā‡ 
ā‡¢ G R A P H I C S ā‡ 
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 1
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 2
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 3
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 4
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 5
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 6
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 7
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 8
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 9
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 10
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 11
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 13
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 14
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 15
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 16
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 17
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 18
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 19
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 20
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 21
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 22
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 23 - A.U.
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 24
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 25
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 26
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 27
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 28
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 29
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 30
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 31
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 32
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 33
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 34
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 35
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 36 ; EXTRAS
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 37
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 38
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 39
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 40
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 41 ; EXTRAS
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 42
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 43
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 44
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 45
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 46
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 47
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 48
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 49
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 50
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 51
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 52
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 53
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 54
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 55
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 56
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 57
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 58
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 59
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 60
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 61
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 62
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 63
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 64
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 65
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 66
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 67
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 68
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 69
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 70
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 71
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 72
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 73
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 74
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 75
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 76 - A.U.
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 77
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 78
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 79
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 80
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 81
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 82
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 83
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 84
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 85
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 86
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 87
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 88
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 89
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 90
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 91 - EXTRA

ā‡¢ CHAPTER 12

23.9K 743 354
By friessssssssss

season 5 episode 4 & 5

The residents and interns stood at the front of the Nurse's station as Dr. Webber lectured, "Apparently some people thought I was kidding last week when I announced that nobody was going to get to hang out on their favorite speciality anymore. I wasn't. Junior residents don't specialize. So all the requests to send you back to that place where your true heart lives can end now. Dr. Bailey makes the assignments. Do not, and I repeat, do not harangue her." Dr. Webber walked away from the front as he left Dr. Bailey to lecture and pulled George aside, "Look, O'Malley, I made a call. They don't have your score yet. If I knew, I would tell you."

George kept his eyes on Webber's retreating figure as Holly lightly grabbed his arm, "Hey." She smiled as he looked at her, "You passed. I'm sure of it-- we're gonna go to Joe's tonight with Lexie and we're gonna celebrate. I'll buy you a beer and all the peanuts you want."

George sighs, "What if I didn't pass?"

"Then I'll still buy you a beer and all the peanuts you want." Holly smiled, "The plan doesn't change."

Walking bored-ly into the clinic, Cristina immediately placed down the cerave cream for her patient as she ran up to said patient she left with Lexie, who was now in the hands of Holly.

"What happened?" Cristina rushed as she took off her stethoscope from her neck.

"She said she was feeling faint," Holly explained, "and I thought she was just impatient about waiting for her cream."

Cristina looked at the monitor, "Her pulse ox is ninety?"

"Yeah," Holly sighed, "the oxygen's not working."

The patient continued to gasp for air before Cristina placed the stethoscope hurriedly back on her neck as she instructed, "Get her to the E.R." She looked at Holly as she removed the patient's gurney from a still position, "Why didn't you move her to the E.R.?"

"I-I didn't know what to do." Holly admitted, "I--"

"So what," Cristina asked, "you've just been standing here?"

"No," Holly defended, "I've been paging you repeatedly. Where have you been?" 

Cristina sighed, not wanting to reveal that she had been hanging out at the dermatology floor as she basked in their happiness.

Placing an ambu bag on the patient, Holly squeezed air into the patient's lungs as Cristina read what to do from a small book, "Okay, here," She turned the page, "um, aggressive fluids, supportive care, steroids." She looked at  nurse, "Give her sixteen of dexamethasone." The nurse ran around the patient bed as she grabbed the drugs to administer it to the patient, "Hurry. Come on!"

Cristina took her stethoscope off as she listened and Holly looked at the monitor, "B.P.'s rising."

They sighed in relief as Cristina looked at her intern, "Okay, um, call Dr. Bailey and tell her the patient needs plasmapheresis and a skin biopsy stat."

Successfully saving a patient and working more in the clinic, Holly's shift eventually ended and she jogged out of the hospital to meet George by the bench.

"Any word on the test?" She asked and he shook his head, "George, I'm sure you passed."

"It'll be okay." He grabbed her hand, "I mean, you're gonna buy me a beer tonight, and then I'll kiss you and it'll be okay." Holly chuckled.

"Oh," She laughed, "right."

"It's gonna be okay."

"O'Malley." Dr. Webber came up to the two and passed him a letter, "Test results."

George stared at the letter in front of him, his fate sealed in a white envelope, "George." Holly spoke up, wakening him from his daze, "Open it."

George exhaled lightly before passing it to her, "You do it."

Holly grabbed the envelope and read, his eyes stuck examining her face for any reaction and she contained her emotions as much as she could as she stared back at him with sad eyes, "George..."

He sighed deeply, "Damn."

She smiled and bounced up, "You passed!"

"I-" George stuttered as a smile came to his face, "I passed?"

She chuckled, hugging him, "You passed. You're-- You're not an intern anymore."

He grabbed the paper from her hands and tilted his head, "I passed."

She smiled, "I am buying you all the beers and peanuts you want."

"I passed."

"You passed."

He laughed, "I passed."

She joined in laughing, "You passed." She pointed behind her, "You should go tell Meredith and Izzie and Cristina--"

"Are you sure?" George asked, frowning his eyebrows.

"Yeah, you go." She smiled, "I'll tell Lexie and we can all go to Joe's."

"Huzzah!" Meredith, Izzie, Alex, Cristina, George, and Holly cheered as they drank their drinks.

"To George O'Malley," Meredith declared, "repeater no more."

Holly smiled as she saw Lexie walk inside and excused herself from the group. When she made it to Lexie at the bar, she sighed in relief, "Thank God you came." Lexie chuckled, "I need you whenever George wants to drink with his friends."

Lexie laughed, "That bad?"

Holly shrugged, drinking her tequila, "It's not that bad, it's just weird. Don't get me wrong, I like George, but..."

"It's weird drinking with our bosses?" Lexie finished.

Holly smiled, "Yes."

✧✧✧

lexie to the rescue :}

✧✧✧

George had passed his intern exam, meaning Holly wanted to be a supportive girlfriend and decorate his locker-- and Lexie, who had a crush on one of the residents, decided to join her so she could catch a glimpse of him.

So when Holly came in with a small box of things and Lexie came in with balloons-- her idea not Holly's-- they both awkwardly smiled at the residents as Lexie explained, "George's filling out paperwork, getting his real life doctor wings, so we thought now would be a good time to decorate his locker."

Cristina looked at the coffee at Holly's hand, "Give me that coffee."

Holly sighed, passing it over, "Okay."

"I don't even want the credit," Meredith stared as she looked at the magazine with Derek's face as the cover in her hands, "but the clinical trial was my idea. And I had to beg him to do it, more than once."

Holly placed the banner on George's locker that said 'Congrats' as Lexie tied the balloons and looked at the resident she liked. Izzie reasoned, "It's okay you want the credit. I would want the credit."

"When you screw the attendings," Cristina explained, "you get screwed. They have all the power."

"Interns." Lexie began, "You could screw interns." Everyone, including Holly, turned their heads to stare at her, "I mean date." She corrected, "Residents could date interns, 'cause we're nonthreatening. I read this study once that said that interns hardly ever file sexual harassment claims because we feel so weak and powerless in the hospital environment, so that's good."

Izzie laughed as Holly placed a hand on Lexie's shoulder and Alex scoffed, "Interns-- the other white meat."

Instead of being able to eat her lunch peacefully in the cafeteria, Holly stood in formation with the rest of the interns in front of Cristina, Alex, and Izzie.

"Excuse me." Meredith spoke up and the interns broke up the line to make way for her. She sat down at the table with her friends and frowned her eyebrows, "What is going on?"

"We're not being allowed to eat." Holly muttered.

"Trying to decide which of our interns to give to George." Izzie confessed as she looked at the interns.

"In front of us." Lexie complained to Meredith, "They're deciding in front of us, like livestock at a state fair."

"I think I'll keep Lexopedia." Cristina said as she checked the list, "She remembers many things. And Holly-- she's not entirely useless."

Holly nodded tightly, "Thanks."

"And they both bathe," Cristina added, "which is much more than I can say for..." she sniffed, "stinky two over there." She whispered, "You smell."

"Hey." Holly smiled at George as he stood next to her in the Nurse's station, "You missed lunch today. It was... weird."

"It was an all-new level of hell." Lexie corrected with a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Oh, no," George explained, "I was busy doing my own charts." He whispered, "The interns don't respect me."

"George," Cristina started, "they don't respect you because they're not scared of you. Just decimate one every few days. It's not rocket science." She looked behind her at the other set of her interns, "Two." Steve slowly walked forward, "Who's getting, uh," She checked her patient's chart for the domino procedure, "Ms. Herman's kidney?"

"Uh," Steve pointed behind him, "I can-- I can go check."

"Four?"

Holly paused for a second as she thought, "Mr. Walling."

"That's right." Steve nodded, "No. I totally forgot."

"Oh!" Cristina mocked, "You forgot. Like you forgot to do your notes before rounds? Or like you forgot to pull the drain on my post-ops S.B.O.? Or like you forgot to sign all your dictation, so all your charts-- uh, my charts-- are delinquent?" Holly grimaced at her other friends as Steve was publicly shamed, "You forgot... because the only thing you can retain in that pea-sized brain of yours is what time lunch is." She turned her head at Holly, "Kepner here is gonna become a surgeon while you dig ditches by the side of the road." 

Steve shrunk as he slowly grabbed his chart before running away. George and Holly stared at Cristina, who shrugged, as Lexie sighed, "It's brutal, but it's effective."

Holly walked into the intern locker room as she glanced up at George, who had finished talking to his interns about his rules.

"Hey." George smiled as he noticed her.

"You got your interns all ready?" He nodded, "Ready to go home?" She blew air out of her mouth, "Lexie's having a rough day so I might spend the night with her."

"That's fine." George nodded, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and she leaned into his side, sniffing his lab coat and remembered Lexie had lit a candle in his locker and she chuckled.

"It does smell like cinnamon bun!"

✧✧✧

what specialty do you think holly's gonna choose? 👀

^^ik we're far from it, but i kinda wanna see what y'all think :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 156 19
"She would admit that she didn't mind April as much as she did when she first met her.. perhaps she liked her a little more than she liked most peopl...
29.2K 468 72
we all know about Derek and mark but what if Derek didn't just have a sister and mark also had a sister who just happened to be best friends with Ame...
180K 5.4K 49
Greys Anatomy AU āœ½ āœ½ āœ½ āœ½ The Seattle Grace and Mercy West merger is in process. Derek and Addison are finalizing their divorce. Meredith and Alex are...
1.2M 31.9K 98
āI'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.āž She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...