Relentless

Von heartlessbrock

Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️ Mehr

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
Not a chapter

5

1.8K 53 67
Von heartlessbrock

"Good morning sweetheart! Happy birthday!" I cooed as Colby pulled Mia out of her crib, "you're one today!" Colby said and bounced her up and down a couple times, causing her to giggle. "Can you say one?" I asked and grabbed her hand as Colby kissed her head. "Dah!" She said making me giggle, "we will get there." I said with a laugh as I walked to get her gift.

Colby sat down in the rocking chair and held Mia in his lap as I handed him the present. "Go ahead, princess." He said and gestured the gift over to Mia who just stared up at him with wide eyes. "Here." He said and ripped the paper a little bit to help her. She looked at him with confusion as I guided her hand to the loose paper. "Like this!" I said and pulled her hand slightly so she would rip it.

She giggled then pulled at the paper, waving her arms around as she bounced with glee, "yeah! Keep going!" I said as she took another handful of paper and ripped it off revealing the stuffed koala we got her from the zoo. She looked at it and squealed happily as she held it in the air, showing Colby.

"Yeah! It's a koala!" He exclaimed as she rubbed her face in it. "She's so goofy." I said with a smile as she laughed. "You like it Mia?" I asked as she pulled her face out and smiled and reached up at me. "Come here sweet girl." I said and pulled her into my arms.

"Are you excited for your party?" I asked and danced with her to the closet so I could pull out her birthday dress. "Mmmm" she said causing me to giggle, "you're really trying to talk to us aren't you?!" I asked as I started to change her.

"Im gonna go get her breakfast ready." Colby said and came over to kiss my cheek. "Okay we will be down in a minute." I said and changed Mia's diaper as he left the room.

I grabbed her dress and looked down at her as she wiggled happily. "You happy sweet girl?" I asked and bent down to blow on her belly, making her giggle even more. "I can't believe you're so old." I said and rubbed my thumb along her cheek. "Stop growing." I said then sighed and got her dressed.

I put a headband with a big bow on it on her head then lifted her up. "You're so pretty!" I cooed and pinched her cheek. "Let's go get some breakfast." I said then went downstairs.

"Happy birthday Mia!" Sam said and came over to us. "Can you say thank you to uncle Sammy?" I asked and bounced her. She just put her hand on Sam's face as he chuckled. "You're welcome." He said with a smile.

Everyone came over and each told Mia happy birthday which was so precious because she was just so excited. Colby had set out a couple different things she could eat, "what would you like, princess?" He asked and gestured to the foods. She giggled and reached for Colby causing him to take her from me.

She looked at the foods and pointed to the avocados, "a true California girl." Colby said with a laugh as he sat her in the highchair. "We probably should have dressed her AFTER she ate." I said as he put her bib on her, "well, what's a birthday without a little mess?" Colby asked then started feeding Mia.

"Cor the cake you made looks so good." Kat said as she took a bite of her cereal. "Thank you! I was really nervous that it would look bad." I said as Devyn laughed, "you're so hard on yourself! It looks so good." She said and hugged me.

We spent the next couple hours setting up the birthday party and making sure everyone was all set up.

Colby was currently on FaceTime with his parents and Mia, while I greeted the animal guy. "Hey! I'm Steve it's nice to meet you." He said and held his hand out, "Cora. It's nice to meet you too! Is there anywhere special you want to set up?" I asked and gestured around the backyard. "Over there looks perfect." He said and gestured over to the clear space that was in the grass, "perfect!" I said and sent him on his way to get set up.

When I went back inside Colby was in the kitchen bouncing Mia as he talked to Sam. "No I think Cora is gonna do that." He said as I walked in, "I'm gonna do what?" I asked and waved at Mia. "Oh! Make the food and stuff. Sam was asking if I was doing it and if he could help." He said as I smiled at Sam, "you can help me if you want." I said with a shrug as he smiled, "I'd love to. Where do you want me?" He asked and went to the sink to wash his hands.

"Hmmm boil the water for the Mac and cheese, then can you cut the fruit for the fruit salad?" I asked as my dad called me. "Yeah Cor, you got it." He said and gave me a thumbs up.

"Hey dad." I answered the FaceTime as I cut the veggies for a veggie tray, "hey Cor, you look stressed." He said causing me to laugh, "I'm not stressed, I'm fine. I take it you want to see Mia?" I asked and wiped my hands on the towel next to me.

"Yeah! Unless she's busy." He said causing me to laugh, "she's a baby, dad. I don't think she's gonna be very busy." I said and skipped up to Mia who was sitting in the grass pulling at it as Colby talked to Steve.

"Mia! It's grandpa!" I said and sat down next to her, holding the phone up to her. She cooed at the screen as my dad waved, "happy birthday sweetheart!" He said and smiled, "she's so big, I can't believe it!" He said with astonishment as Kevin, Meghan, Aryia, Cassie and Reggie came into the backyard to join all of us.

"Hey guys!" I yelled and waved to them then turned back to the phone. "Her presents from Michelle and I are on the way." He said as I pouted, "I can't wait for her to open them!" I said and pulled Mia into my lap.

"I'll let you go so can have fun, I love you so much squirt." He said as Mia snuggled into me, "I love you too, daddy." I said and smiled as he waved to Mia. "Love you Mia! Happy Birthday!" He said as I looked down at Mia, "can you wave to grandpa?!" I asked and pointed to the screen as she waved her arm around. "Yay!! Okay love you squirt." He said then hung up.

"Hey Colby!" I called causing him to look over, "I abandonded Sam, so I'm gonna go back in, Will you make sure Mia doesn't eat the grass?" I asked as he laughed, "I'll make sure she doesn't eat the grass." He said as I set her down again.

When I went back in Sam and Kat were hard at work, "sorry, my dad called and wanted to talk to Mia." I said and went back to cutting veggies, "Don't worry about it, we are almost done with everything." Sam said with a smile, "thanks guys."I pouted and looked down at the broccoli I was cutting.

With the help of Sam and Kat we were able to get all of the food out as Xepher and Griffin got here making the party complete.

Kat, Sam, and I set everything out while Colby, Kevin, Meghan, and Cassie played with Mia and everyone else socialized and played basketball.

"Okay guys, eat whenever you want!" I called then went over to Colby and Mia, "have you showed her the animals yet?" I asked Colby as Mia reached for me, "no, I wanted you to be there for it." He said and kissed my cheek as Mia pulled my hair, "okay, let's go then!  We can feed her right after." I said and skipped over to where the animals were.

Steve had a couple different animals for us to pet and play with. He had baby pigs, chicks, bunnies, and even a baby skunk which stressed me out a little bit.

"Okay, are you ready to pet some animals, Mia?" I asked and sat on the grass. Colby sat next to me as he picked up one of the baby bunnies, "okay, be gentle." Colby said and took Mia's hand, guiding it to the bunny's fur. As soon as her hand touched it she irrupted into a fit of laughter.

"Yes! You love the bunny?" I asked as she ruffled its fur a little bit. She bounced in my arms as I kissed her head.

We went through all of the animals before Mia got fussy, "okay I think it's time you ate something." I said and stood up as she reached for Colby again, "Dada." She said causing me to gasp, "did she?!" I said and looked at Colby with wide eyes as he smiled, "I think she did!" He said, "can you say dada?" He asked and looked at Mia as he took her, "Dada!" She said with a giggle. "Oh my god!" I screamed and brought my hands to my mouth,

"What's wrong?!" Jake yelled as he jogged over, "she just said her first word!" I said and jumped up and down, "no way! What was it?" He asked as Tara came over, "Dada." I said as happy tears came to my eyes,

"Awww she's such a daddy's girl." Tara said as we walked to the kitchen so I could feed her. "Yeah which is funny because I let her literally eat from me, it's fine though. I also didn't carry her for 8 months or anything." I said pretending to be bitter as I got ready to feed her, "yeah, I don't know I guess I'm just awesome." Colby said cockily as he brushed his shoulders and laid her in my arms. "Dada." She said causing me to roll my eyes, "yeah dada will hold you once mama feeds your ungrateful ass." I mumbled as Colby laughed, "Cora Elizabeth you better stop." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh whatever, Brock. I'm just kidding. Im a daddy's girl too, I understand." I said and smiled at him as I played with Mia's hair.

Once she was fed we went outside again so she could open all of her gifts from everyone. "Okay Mia, just like we showed you this morning." Colby said and held her in his lap as he held the present she was trying to open. "I'll start it." He said then ripped the paper, "go ahead!" I encouraged as she grabbed the paper. She ripped it a little bit which made everyone cheer.

She looked at everyone with wide eyes, then turned and cowarded in Colby's chest as if she was embarrassed. "Aw it's okay sweetheart, they are just excited for you!" He said and kissed her head. I opened the present a little more for her, "it's okay Mia, look! It looks like something you'll love!" I said as she looked at me drowsily.

"Are you just getting tired?" I asked and brought my hand to her cheek, caressing it gently. "I think we might need to pause so she can nap." I said to everyone as they smiled at us. "We get it, I kinda want to take a nap too." Corey said and stretched dramatically.

"Okay, let me go put her to bed for a nap." I said then took her from Colby. "I'll come with you." He said and walked with me up to the nursery.

She was already asleep by the time I got her upstairs, so I just laid her down. "Goodnight my little 1 year old." I said then leaned my head on Colby's shoulder.  We watched her for a little while before Colby took my hand and led me out into the hallway.

"Have you eaten today?" Colby asked me as he led me downstairs. "Hmm...not since this morning." I said and bit my lip. "Cor, that's not good, you have to eat for two and you're not even eating for one." He said and led me to the kitchen, "I'm sorry, I know...I just had so much going on today. I'll eat now." I said and grabbed a plate for some food.

"You worry me sometimes Cor." He said as we walked out to the back again. "I'm sorry..I don't mean to." I said and bit my lip. "It's okay...today has been busy. Just take this nap time as a minute to rest. I mean it." He said and rubbed my back. "I will. I promise." I said and kissed him.

We spent the next couple hours just hanging out with everyone before I went to go get Mia. "Good morning little one," I said and picked her up as she fussed a little, "you wanna go for a swim? Does that sound fun?" I asked and kissed her head as I looked for her swimsuit.

I got her dressed in her swimsuit then slid a tshirt over it and took her back downstairs. "There's the birthday girl!" Kevin said as he and Meghan came over to us, "she's recharged!" I said and bounced her a little bit.

We collected everyone and finished opening the gift. She got all sorts of outfits, blankets, and stuffed animals which made her so very happy.

"You wanna smash your cake, Mia?" Colby asked as we walked over to the cakes. "Dada!" She said as I laughed, "alright kid. I get it, dada." I said and put her in her highchair.

I put the candle in her cake and lit it as Colby held her hands back so she wouldn't touch the flame. We all sang happy birthday to her as she looked around with a smile on her face. "Okay! Blow out the candle!" I said and pretended to blow it out. She looked at me with confusion as I kept demonstrating, "come on Mia! You can do it!" Colby said and bobbed her hands up and down. She giggled which caused the flame to go out, "yay!!!" We all yelled as I pulled the candle out.

She immediately dug her hands into the cake and brought it to her mouth as everyone took pictures. She looked at me and held out a bit of cake towards me as I smiled, "thank you!" I said and took a bite from her hand. She somehow managed to be the cutest kid in the entire world.

After we cleaned her up we decided to take her for a swim to end the night. I held her in the water as Colby splashed her a little bit making her laugh.

It was the perfect way to end a perfect first birthday.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

686K 15.5K 97
This is the sequel to Lucky! I don't really know what's gonna happen so enjoy.
62.3K 1.1K 44
Where a small town girl with a ghost hunting youtube page and her best friend, take a trip to the Queen Mary with two small town boys from Kansas and...
307K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.
184K 4.9K 95
This is the third book in the heartless series, so read the other two or this will make no sense haha