Percy Jackson: Ancient Greek...

By GoBlueNYC

Born about two decades before the Trojan War, Perseus lost his mother because of Zeus' hatred of Poseidon and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AN 1
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
NOT AN UPDATE (story in progress)

Chapter 19

4.9K 74 18
By GoBlueNYC

AN: Hey guys, I hope you are well. I think I want the OC to be some sort of protegé, what do you think? Also, please let me know what story you guys want next. I'm leaning towards the Arrow Crossover with Percy Jackson, but let me know if you want otherwise. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

Priam looked shocked, but nodded as he turned towards his son.

"Please show him mercy," Priam pleaded.

Perseus glanced at the prince before turning to Priam. "He is not the one I truly want. He is bait. However, I will kill him quickly afterwards. I'm sorry King Priam."

Priam's eyes widened at the use of the word bait. "Who do you want?"

Perseus looked at the king with anger in his eyes. "Phoebus Apollo," he spat causing the king's eyes to widen even more. Perseus quickly pushed the king through the tunnel and shut the entrance before the king could respond and got himself ready. He was going to get his vengeance.

Present:

Perseus dragged Paris through the royal palace. He had his bait, and if his men did what he said, he'd have even more. He walked out of the palace, ignoring the looks sent his way.

He was about to reach his destination when he saw something he wished he hadn't. Agamemnon was dragging a woman through the streets towards the exit. When he saw the woman's face, he knew he had to act. Perseus turned into mist and appeared right in front of Agamemnon, who didn't notice him.

"Achilles isn't here to save you now, bitch. You're all mine," he cackled.

Perseus came up to him and grabbed him by the shoulder as they turned into mist again and reappeared inside the Trojan royal palace. "He isn't, but I am," he said as he slammed the king into the wall.

"My brother may not be here, but I am," Perseus snarled as he unsheathed his sword. Agamemnon stabbed the prince with his sword, who ignored it as it bounced off of him. Perseus grabbed the king and slammed him against the wall again, this time stabbing him through the stomach.

As the king struggled to breath, Perseus leaned into him, and spoke in his ear. "I told you I would have my revenge for you crossing my brother. You were just too arrogant to see the real threat in front of you. All this work, all the lives lost for this victory that now isn't yours. You will be forgotten, another death in the Trojan War. You are nothing," he spat as he removed the blade from Agamemnon's stomach, causing him to stumble.

Perseus then stabbed him through the eye, killing him instantly. "So passes King Agamemnon, son of Atreus, and failure of the Trojan War."

Perseus turned around and was suddenly tackled by Brisēís. Perseus smiled a bit, thinking about how Achilles would feel after he saved his lover. Perseus let go over her and brought her to the wall that led to the tunnel, which he opened up. "Go," he said. "I just sent your family through here. If you hurry, you will meet them."

She looked at him in shock. "You saved my family?"

Perseus nodded. "Yes, but you must go, someone might find you here."

Brisēís nodded and hugged Perseus. "Thank you so much, I am forever grateful."

Perseus smiled. "My brother would never forgive me if I didn't save you. Now go, and meet up with your family."

Brisēís nodded sadly before heading into the tunnel. However, Perseus missed the look of guilt on her face as she walked, turning around to face the unconscious prince.

Perseus sighed. "Come on, o mighty Prince of Troy. We have a date with everyone's favourite sun god," he said as he lifted Paris onto his shoulders as they dissolved into mist.

LINE BREAK

Perseus finally appeared at his destination. There were no more detours, it was time.

He saw Eudoros waiting for him, who shook his hand. "We did what you asked. Every priest of Apollo that we could find is bound and gagged inside."

Perseus smiled and embraced the man. "Thank you brother. Now go enjoy your victory. I have a date with a god."

Eudoros looked at him sadly. "Please Perseus, I beg you to reconsider."

Perseus gave him a hard look. "I'm sorry Eudoros, I must do this. Take the rest of the men and go. We will meet again, whether it be in this life or the next." Perseus shook his brother's hand as Eudoros gathered the men from the temple and left to go loot to their heart's content.

Perseus turned to the temple and entered, with the Prince on his shoulders gaining consciousness. When he entered, he saw six priests tied and gagged, and he gave them a smirk. "Relax, today we will get a visit from the mighty Apollo himself."

The priests watched in horror as Perseus grabbed a torch and lit a brazier, then grabbed some rope and tied it around a support beam and Paris' ankles, leaving him hanging above the brazier. At his point, Paris was very much awake, and was squirming, trying to get out of his bonds. However, Perseus made sure to tie his hands together to make sure he wouldn't escape.

"What do you want?" Paris asked nervously.

Perseus smirked at the scared expression on the prince's face. "We are making an offering to Apollo of course."

Paris looked at Perseus in fear. Perseus laughed. "I'm happy you are scared. Now tell me, o mighty Paris, slayer of Achilles, how did you know where my brother's weak spot was?"

Paris had a fearful expression on his face, but was determined not to give up anything. Perseus nodded and made six knifes float using the water in the air and made them point straight at each priest's throat. "You know what, o mighty prince, do you think these innocent priests need to die? Tell me how you knew, and they'll live."

Paris paled as he looked at the prince, and at the knives that were inching closer to the priest's necks. "Okay, I'll tell you," he said, causing the knives to drop.

Perseus smiled, then looked at the prince, and gestured for him to continue.

"Brisēís. She told Apollo. Apollo said it was for the good of Troy, and Brisēís was sad that Achilles made her leave." Paris said. Perseus was furious. He had just saved the woman who had doomed Achilles. He picked up another brazier and tossed it across the room. "PHOEBUS APOLLO! COME DOWN AND FIGHT ME, COWARD!"

Perseus turned around to see Paris whimpering. "Please, I told you what you wanted, please," he begged.

Perseus whipped out a knife and placed it on his skin. "You killed my brother with that stupid god. Since you love him so, maybe your blood should be sacrificed to him," he snarled as he cut open Paris' chest, causing him to scream loudly. "My offering to the mighty Phoebus Apollo!"

Paris screamed as the blade cut into his chest. "You're, you're, you're insane," he struggled.

Perseus removed the blade from his chest, and calmed down. "Maybe, but I will have my revenge, even if it kills me."

Perseus pulled out his brother's sword. "Goodbye, Prince Paris. See you never." Paris protested for a few seconds before Perseus decapitated the Prince, causing his head to fall into the brazier. "Face me, Apollo, or I will kill every man in this city!"

Before he could leave the temple, a golden light appeared in the room, and Apollo stood there in full golden battle armor, his face stricken at the sight of Paris' body. He shooed the priests out of the temple before facing the prince.

Perseus gave the god an evil smile. "Come, little godling. You killed my brother, are you prepared to finish the family?"

"You dare!" Apollo growled.

"I dare, Phoebus Apollo," Perseus said with a look of hatred on his face. "You killed my brother with stupid interference. I don't care if I die, I will have my revenge."

Perseus looked to the brazier, and saw Paris' head. "Is that what you want? A sacrifice? Fine. I sacrifice Prince Paris of Troy, slayer of Achilles and bringer of the Trojan War to Phoebus Apollo!"

Apollo snarled as he sent two arrows into Perseus' exposed chest, but watched as they broke on contact. Apollo's eyes widened before he fired another arrow into Perseus' left heel, who watched as the arrow broke against his skin. Perseus started to laugh at the god's shocked expression.

"You think my mother was that foolish?" Perseus asked. "You want to find my mortal point? You'll have to do it up close and personal." Perseus quickly unsheathed his sword and lunged at the god, whose bow vanished and a sword appeared at the last second, blocking the demigod's strike.

Perseus attacked with a flurry of strikes, keeping Apollo on the defensive, whose godly speed was barely enough to make up for his terrible swordsmanship.

Apollo jumped aside, and knocked Perseus towards a brazier, who picked up some of the burning coals and launched them into the god's eyes, making him move erratically to stop his skin from burning.

Perseus went back on the offensive, dropping low and sweeping the god's legs from underneath him. While the god was on the floor, Perseus took his sword and stabbed it into the god's shoulder, making him cry out in pain.

Apollo then blasted the demigod with godly energy, causing him to fly across the room. As Apollo got up to this feet, he was shocked to see that Perseus had already gotten to his feet.

Apollo's body began to grow brightly as he turned into his godly form. When he stopped glowing, Perseus slammed the god into the wall, and drove his sword into the god's stomach.

Apollo's eyes betrayed his shock to the demigod as he took the blade out of the god's stomach and the god fell to the floor. "Now you will pay for what you've taken from me," Perseus said as he raised his fist.

LINE BREAK (of sorts) - Mount Olympus during the sacking of Troy

Athena sat in her throne with a smirk on her face as she looked across the throne room at the gods who supported Troy. The gods were watching through an Iris Message as the Trojans wheeled in the horse that the Greeks had created. Apollo wanted to warn the Trojans, but Zeus had immediately rejected it, as he was furious over Achilles' death.

Hera was equally furious, if not more, with Apollo, as she had raised Thetis, and wanted to throw Apollo off of Olympus for his hand in the death of her grandson. Zeus promised Hera that he would punish his son after the war.

Athena, having seen Apollo's expression, decided to rub it in. "Of course, Troy would be fine if Apollo hadn't been an arrogant fool."

All eyes turned to the wisdom goddess, who just smirked. "Cassandra warned the Trojans it was a trick. Had you not cursed her for not becoming one of your lovers, Troy would not be about to be burned to the ground."

Apollo's face turned red with rage, but before he could speak, Artemis interrupted him. "She is right. I supported Troy, but their fall is completely your own fault."

Apollo scowled as they turned back to the image in the center of the room. They watched as Troy burned and the Greeks came pouring in. Athena pointed Iris to where Thetis' remaining son was slaughtering any Trojan that got in his way. In his rage, he killed a few priests, but didn't even notice as he was on a rampage.

"How dare he?!" Apollo shouted as he watched his priests die.

Hera glared at the sun god. "You killed his brother, I wouldn't be surprised if he kills every one of your priests. Now shut up and let us watch what you have caused."

Apollo grudgingly sat down as they watched Perseus continue walking. Suddenly, there was a growl from the moon goddess. To the left of Perseus, a man was dragging a woman by the hair into a room. Athena knew it took all of Artemis' willpower not to flash down and save the woman.

Suddenly, Perseus followed them into the room, and Athena cursed. She thought Perseus was honorable and a good man, but even he was losing himself.

The room fell silent as Perseus pulled the man off of the woman and injure him in a way no man would like to be injured. Athena couldn't help but smile at the actions of the hero; it seems she was right all along. She saw her sister looking at the image in shock.

They watched as Perseus entered the royal palace and kicked down a door, revealing the royal family.

"So much for getting them out of Troy," Ares muttered.

The Olympians watched, shocked, as Perseus binded the hands of the royal family before leading them through a secret tunnel, even killing a few allies. The council were shocked by his actions; why would he save them?

"What's he doing?" Zeus asked with curiosity.

Athena rolled her eyes. "He's saving them, father. He never wanted to go to Troy and fight, but did so because it was his duty. I assume he saved them because of his respect for Hector, and he is doing this to make up for his death."

The gods looked at Athena, before Hera smiled. "He was raised right. Thetis is a great mother."

As Perseus pushed the king through the tunnel, the gods gasped at the words that came out of his mouth.

"If he wants me, he shall get me!" Apollo yelled preparing to flash out.

Zeus slammed his master bolt down to silence his son and stop him from leaving as they continued to watch. Nobody noticed the smirk on Apollo's face when Perseus saved Achilles' lover.

A number of gods were up in arms when he killed Agamemnon.

"What's he doing! That was one of his allies! A king of Greece!" Poseidon shouted.

Hera glared at her brother. "That man was a swine. He didn't deserve to be a king. It's too bad he won't realize most of his wealth is gone, considering Perseus stole it and gave it to the Amazons."

Every god's eyes widened at Hera's statement.

Hera smirked. "His mother told him when they would reach Troy. He didn't want more madness and bloodshed, so he offered much more than Priam and they sailed home with it."

Hermes grinned. "I knew I liked that guy, what a heist."

All the smiles were wiped off the god's faces when Paris was dragged into the temple of Apollo and Perseus hung him over the brazier.

The gods watched in shock as he lifted knives to the priest's throat, waiting for Paris to tell him. "How did he do that?" Artemis asked.

When Perseus killed Paris, Apollo snapped and he flashed out of the throne room. Athena and Artemis went up to their father. "Father, we must stop Apollo, he will kill Perseus."

Zeus shook his head. "The boy challenged a god, so we will let him."

The two goddesses opened their mouth to argue, but a glare from their father shut them up. Hera snarled. "If Thetis' remaining son dies, Apollo will feel my wrath."

They watched in awe as Perseus stood toe to toe with an Olympian. Zeus shuffled nervously when Perseus stabbed Apollo in the shoulder. When Apollo blasted him with godly energy, Perseus' body inadvertently went into the image, causing the gods to lose their connection.

"Fix it!" Athena said angrily at Iris. After readjusting the image, all the gods could see was the rubble that was Apollo's temple.

Nothing happened. No one spoke, nor moved.

A flash of light in the middle of the throne room as Apollo landed, ichor flowing from his many cuts across his body.

Most of the gods rushed to him with ambrosia and nectar until his wounds closed up so he wouldn't die.

"What happened?" Zeus demanded.

Apollo looked at the floor.

"He is dead," Apollo said quietly.

Athena was furious. "WHAT! He just saved the entire royal family and you kill him! You killed the savior of Troy!"

The gods looked at her, surprised at her outburst.

Artemis sighed. "He did challenge a god."

Athena glared at her half-sister. "He had a right to. Your brother directly involved himself in the conflict by murdering Perseus' brother."

Artemis looked at her in shock.

Zeus slammed his bolt down. "Enough! Now, son, how did you kill the demigod? Also, how are you so injured?"

Apollo kept his gaze down. "He...he defeated me. I had to take my divine form to kill him or else he would kill me."

The room fell silent. "Coward," Athena hissed at her half-brother before flashing away.

Everyone looked at each other in shock. "Jeez, what's wrong with her?" Hermes asked.

"She was fond of Perseus. He was key to the Greek victory. Not only was he skilled, but he was wise and intelligent too. He was also kind, and defended those who couldn't defend themselves. The world has lost a great man, perhaps one of the greatest. Congratulations Apollo," Hera said bitterly before she too flashed out.

AN: Hey guys, I hope you are well and enjoyed this chapter. What do you think is going to happen between Apollo and Perseus? Is Perseus dead? (Obviously not, if he was, this wouldn't be a story, but I have to ask) If not, how did he survive? Let me know. Also let me know what you think about the whole OC protegé thing, and what story you guys want next. Take care and please comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 19.9K 31
Percy is betrayed when Nick Waters, a son of Poseidon and Percy's half brother, comes to camp. Loyalties are tested and enemies are made. Sally aband...
226K 2.6K 30
Percy is betrayed when Nick Waters, a son of Poseidon and Percy's half brother, comes to camp. Loyalties are tested and enemies are made. Sally aband...
222K 3.6K 25
|| DISCLAIMER: Book is considered a main book in "The Anak Series" there is no order of book you must read in The Anak Series || Perseus was the olde...
609K 12.2K 56
*I'm currently rewriting this fic so if you want to read that one, i strongly encourage you to do so* Perseus Jackson. Daughter of Poseidon. Betrayed...