The Fallen Lovers

By SamikshaJacob

Everything was fine until Mia met Chris, the love of her life. Little did she know that her life was going to... More

Book I, Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Book II, Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31

Prologue / Teaser

286 44 30
By SamikshaJacob

We were running. We knew that death was near us. Still, we were running. The pain creeping through my chest. The forest was very dense. I could hear his footsteps. Coming near us. Chris held my hand. We hid behind a huge rock.
"We won't make it, Chris " I cried.
"Hey Mia .." he stopped and gasped for air. He cried in pain. His wings were torn.
"Don't cry. It's our .. fate. Arghh it hurts " he cried.
I saw blood coming out of my chest.
"Oh, Mia. I can't see you in pain " he said.
"Nor can I " I laid down on the grass and closed my eyes.
"Is he still following us ?" I asked. My voice cracking.
"No, I guess. " He said looking around.
Chris sat leaning on the rock, holding my hand.
"I am sorry love ." He said as a tear rolled down his cheek. He wiped it too fast, trying to hide it from me.
"Don't blame yourself, Chris. It's not your fault. " I said.
"Do you still think vampires are better than fallen angels ?" He said, smiling. His smile immediately turned into a cry.
I smiled back and replied "yes". I paused, feeling the pain jolting.
"But not better than my Chris " I continued.
"Stop flirting, we are dying dummy," he said and laughed which was continued with a sigh.

I never believed in angels Until I met one myself, Chris. My life was always messy, but it became epic when I met, the love of my life.

"You remember our song ?" Chris asked.
I nodded.  He started humming.
I started singing the last line, our line.

"But I have walked alone with the stars in the moonlit night"

"I have walked alone, no one by my side" he sang .

I joined him and together for the final time we sang "Now I walk with you, with my head held high " 

We continued with the last line as Chris laid down on the wet grass "In the darkest sky, I feel so alive ".

We held our hands and smiled. For the last time our gaze met and a tear rolled down my cheek as I closed my eye, and waited patiently for death to reach me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guys if you liked this prologue / teaser then please vote . The first chapter will be posted soon . Thank you .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536 78 14
Redwynne's life has been nothing but one tragedy after another. When she wakes up chained to a cave wall it comes as no surprise to her that werewolv...
My Allay By ~ J x

Teen Fiction

55 3 11
Alone, Abandoned, Depressed. Mia is living a hard life. Everyone who comes into her life, leaves. Nice people end up leaving her and the people who t...
641 37 28
Dovelyn isn't your average teenage girl. Secrets were kept and lies were told. Will Dovelyn be able to defeat the darkness? Who will she loose in the...
248 44 40
Three girls, two boys, and the rest of the world. This ferocious five is not your average group of teens. They all have a special secret that makes t...