The New Arcana Famiglia [A L...

By SeiryuuSuzaku

To save Papa and keep the balance of all the Arcanas, the family has to unite all the arcana hosts, from all... More

PLEASE READ NOTE!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (Part 1)
Chapter 2 (Part 2)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Part 1)
Chapter 5 (Part 2)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 44

96 4 4
By SeiryuuSuzaku

Lucia stepped out into the garden and smiled happily as the harsh sunlight shone down on her.

It is so sunny!!!! No way will there be a storm!!!

Then she noticed the small group of people, neatly lined up and listening attentively to Nova.

Elina looked less like a beggar now as she was dressed in a neat suit. But nothing had changed about her attitude - she was slouching at the end of the line and yawning most shamelessly.

They are going to be busy with office stuff today! Good! Everything will be fine atleast for today!

"Good morning, Lucia! Slept well?"

"Aunty Irisu!"

The girl hugged her happily and enjoyed the cuddles that followed. To her this was the sweetest, most beautiful, most kindest person on this island.

If they are really going to make me leave, I will most definitely take her with me!!

Irisu listened to Lucia's random chattering while keeping an eye on Nova. The minute he stopped speaking, Irisu yelled out his name.

The boy will continue for a solid ten more minutes if I don't stop him now.

"What's the matter?" Asked Nova walking over.

"Papa called for us. Something came up. "

Nova nodded his head.

"Give me a minute to disperse them."

"Okay. Hurry up. Think it's important."

After Nova went off, Lucia tugged Irisu's hand solemnly.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"Yes! Just have some work! Why don't you go have breakfast? I thought I saw Morgan, Cecil and his sisters over there! I think Elmo's gonna be a bit busy today so I'll come looking for you after I'm done! How does that sound?"

"Oh ok"

Lucia badly wanted to ask what they were busy about. It wasn't that she could do anything but it made her feel as if she was a part of this place.

Irisu left with Nova after that and Lucia wandered off to find her "breakfast friends".

It will be fine today!! Even if it rains, as long as everyone is safe inside it's all fine!!

"I apologize for the sudden meeting but we have a small problem. It's regarding the Coastal Prison."

Mondo looked at the small group assembled in the room - Sumire, Jolly, Dante, Irisu and Nova.

Sumire already knew the details and gave a nervous glance at Nova before looking back at Mondo and nodding at him to go on.

"A few foreign officials had been contacting us recently regarding a certain prisoner's records. They want us to hand over any reports we may have on him from the time he arrived on the island. "

"Is there reason we don't want to share his details?" Asked Nova "We have all the records in the office. It would take only a few hours to get them all."

"Yes I understand. But there's a small complication. Dante?"

Dante nodded and took over.

"Apparently the prisoner whose records they need is from over thirty years ago."

"What? Why are they looking for something like that?" Asked Nova.

"I asked the same thing. It has something to do with his property and family. They need to confirm some legal proceedings but that man had died a prisoner here and they want us to give them whatever we have on him. "

"For what?" Asked Jolly suddenly.

"As proof he is dead."

After a moment of silence Irisu spoke up, "Dante you just said he was dead."

"I know! But they want solid proof! I said if he's not here now then he is dead, but they want a full record!"

Nova looked at Mondo thoughtfully.

"It might be hard to retrieve records that old and it's from way before I started organizing that side of things-"

"I know, Nova. It's well before your time. But there were records. I'm sure of that. It was not something I dealt with though. "

"Oh, there's someone who will know where they are?" Asked Nova.

Mondo looked at Sumire again who urged him to continue.

"Yes. The person who was in charge of this before was Moreno."

There was an uncomfortable silence until Nova spoke in a stiff voice.

"Then send a letter to him."

"I would have done that if it was possible but matters regarding the island security even if it is from long ago are not something we can take so lightly."

Nova bit back the urge to scream. He finally understood why he had been called here.

Jolly on the other hand was no longer paying any attention to the conversation. The minute Mondo said that man's name, he realised that the only person who was required here was Nova and the rest of them were called in only to set the mood.

"So? What do you want to do?" Asked Nova dully.

Mondo felt a bit guilty now. He was really putting the boy in a spot. He almost considered saying that it was nothing worth his time and Jolly would take care of everything.

But Sumire swiftly spoke up.

"Nova, Papa was wondering if you will visit Moreno and discuss the matter with him."

"I don't really have a choice right?" he said quietly. "When do I go?"

"No time like the present!" Said Mondo.

Nova was rather taken aback by this.

"Wait! What? What about-"

"I'm sure your subordinates will handle the office for a day! The sooner you go, the sooner we find the records and Dante can send those officials away! Dante, you can sail today right?!"

Dante nodded.

"Sherlene can handle the departmental work for today. If we leave within two hours we can get back by late evening."

"Good! Go and get things ready! Nova! If you have any work to delegate, do it!"

Nova accepted silently. He should have known that sooner or later they would stop pressurising him and actually push him over the edge.

Nova left the office without even sparing a look at Sumire. It was obvious she was the perpetrator.

Mondo and Dante left immediately, deep in discussion.

Irisu stood by arranging the chairs, waiting for Jolly to leave so that she wouldn't have to hear whiny complaints of his precious time being wasted.

After circling around for some time, hoping for Irisu to join him, Jolly gave up and left.

"Why are you so hell-bent on making him do something he doesn't want?" Asked Irisu.

Sumire gave a mild smile.

"I don't expect you to understand."

"Oh really?!"

"Perhaps Nova doesn't want it, but for how long is he going to hold this grudge? She writes so often just wishing to hear from him.

At times you have to be harsh to get certain people to realise the value of things they take for granted in their life. It's something only a mother will understand."

Anger burnt inside Irisu at this snide remark but she controlled the urge to fling a chair at her.

She walked to the door and then spat out in a cold voice "Hypocritic hag! If you really cared about something like that, you wouldn't be denying a poor mother from seeing her son! "

Without waiting for a reply she slammed the door and left.

Sumire stared at the door in silence. She really did walk right into that one. Also it was true that she had gone a bit too far with those last words.

Why does she always bring out the worst in me?

Nova was still dragging his feet down the corridor when Irisu stormed past him. He could hear her cursing under her breath but he made no move to approach her.

As he walked to his office in silence he wondered why it mattered so much to them. He didn't really mind the roundabout manipulation to get him to meet his parents.

But it hurt that Mama didn't even consider his own feelings about this.

He could never forgive his parents.

I will never forgive someone who tried to hurt my family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 35.6K 93
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
81.6K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
105K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
53.3M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!