Jex |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Isabella 'Bella' Ricci, twenty four years old, beautiful, smart, full of sass and boss vibes to match. Bella... More

[2] Misunderstanding
[3] One night stand
[4] The morning after
[5] No shame
[6] Comfortable
[7] Lunch
[8] Six
[9] What are we
[10] Bad boy
[11] Friends
[12] War?
[13] Fire with fire
[14] Fire
[15] Rivals
[16] Alone
[17] Over
[18] Break down
[19] Sleepover
[20] Good morning
[21] The talk
[22] Us
[23] Baby Ricci
[24] News
[25] Moving out
[26] Dinner
[27] Sides
[28] Rat
[29] Suspect
[30] Five weeks
[31] Pregnant
[32] Together
[33] Family feud
[34] Broken
[35] Viper's girl
[36] Trust
[37] - wife
[38] Perfect
[40] Baby Shelby
[41] Kiss
[42] Baby Ricci?
[43] Gender reval
[44] Abel
[45] Miserable
[46] Family
[47] Engaged
[48] Ace
[49] Home
[50] Final goodbye
[51] Time
[52] Ace Shelby
[53] Four months
[54] Taken
[55] Harry
[56] Caught
[57] Hospitals and apologies
[58] Come back to me
[59] East Cliff
[60] New Beginnings [Epilogue]

[39] Mum

17.5K 590 34
By KatCWrites

After a quick shower and outfit change I make my way back into the kitchen, where Jex is busy cooking dinner, also fresh from the shower. His dark hair slicked back messily and his stunning blue eyes, focused hard on the task at hand.

As I take him in, I bite down on my bottom lip. He looks so effortlessly handsome tonight, dressed in his black ripped jeans and his Sik Silk shirt. He looks like he hasn't put much thought into his outfit, but I know that he has, because usually, he'd be walking around in sweats and with no shirt.

I make my way in and sit upon the bench, smiling over at him. "What are you cooking?"

"Seeing as someone distracted me I don't have time to cook the roast I was planning, so we're going with plan b; quiche and salad."

"Yum!" I reply instantly, as I look around the kitchen. "Do you want me to help you with the salad?"

"No," he shakes his head.

"Can I do anything at all to help?" I question.

He makes his way over and places his hand on my bare thigh. "Stop being such a damn distraction, that would be a good start," he slides his hand up my thigh, now under the material of my blue dress.

Buzzzz, the buzzer attached to the gate buzzes throughout the house, causing me to jump slightly.

"I'm assuming that's your Mum," he grins and pulls back.

I slide off the bench quickly. "I'll open the gate."

"Cameras," he calls after me.

"Huh?"

"Check the cameras first. Don't just open the gate," he reminds me.

"Yes boss," I giggle softly, as I head into the camera surveillance room quickly. I take in the sight of my Mum behind the wheel of her car and I buzz her in.

I then head to the front door and swing it open, smiling as I wait for her.

She parks the car and steps out, a cake box in her hand from my favourite bakery and she makes her way up the stairs. "Hi baby," she smiles.

I take a step toward her and take the cake, placing it down on the hall table and wrap my arms around her. "I'm so sorry about you and dad," I tell her, as I begin to cry.

"Bella, honey shhh," she holds me close. "You have nothing to be sorry for, it's okay. Your father and I separating is on him baby, not you."

"Alright, dinners re ..." Jex begins, as he makes his way down the hall. He stops as soon as he takes in the sight of us.

I pull back from the hug and wipe my tears quickly, Mum doing the same.

"Sorry, I'll give you a second," Jex says awkwardly.

"No, don't be silly," I hold my hand out to him.

He makes his way over and takes my hand. "Jex this is my Mum Sara. Mum this is my boyfriend Jex," I introduce them.

"It's really nice to meet you, Mrs Ricci. I'm sorry the situation is so shitty though."

"I'm glad to meet you too Jex and please call me Sara. I don't know if I even count as Mrs. Ricci anymore," she half jokes. "But that's a story for later."

"Well dinner is ready. So I'll go and plate it up," Jex smiles and kisses my temple, then heads down the hall.

"He's cute isn't he?" Mum grins, as he walks away.

"Very, both inside and out," I gush, as I pick up the cake and we begin making our way down the hall and into the kitchen.

"I figured I'd let you both serve your own salad. I didn't know how much you'd like," Jex smiles.

"Thank you Jex, this looks really, really nice."

"Jex is a really good cook. He does pretty much all of our cooking," I wrap my arms around him from behind. He moves his head back and presses a kiss to my temple, to which I reply by kissing his cheek.

I pull back and take my plate, piling some salad on the side of it, alongside my large cut of Quiche and make my way over to the table, sitting down.

"Ladies first," Jex gestures to Mum, allowing her to take what she'd like on her plate first.

They both soon join me at the table, Jex next to me and Mum across from the both of us. We all sit in silence for a while, as we take our first mouthfuls of food.

"Jex this is really bloody good," Mum compliments. "Who taught you how to cook?"

"Uh, my Mum did. She and I spent lots of time in the kitchen together."

"Alright a boy who is good to his Mum. One point to Jex," she giggles.

"Was good," Jex says softly.

Mum looks between the two of us and I take Jex's hand in mine. "Jex lost his Mum a couple of years ago and they were very close."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, I ..."

"It's fine, you didn't know," Jex gives her a small smile.

"So uh, if you don't have your Mum or dad, and Bella your father has told everyone you're no longer in the family. What was your plan for the little one? I mean you don't really have any support."

"We have each other," Jex speaks. "Both of us know this isn't going to be easy, but I don't doubt Bella is going to be an amazing mother and I'll be here to support her no matter what."

I look up at Jex with a smile and he smiles back.

"We also have the Vipers," I say turning back towards Mum. "I've made really good friends with Alyssa. She is Jex's best friend Malcolm's girlfriend and they're going to help us out with whatever we need as well," I bite down on my bottom lip. "And well, you're here. That means something right?"

"I won't lie to you sweetheart this is really hard on me. I'm stuck in between my baby girl and my husband, and I see it from both of your sides. I see why your father is so mad with you, why your brother is so mad with you. However, I also see why you've chosen to be with Jex. I've only been in the house with you a short time and I can already see that the two of you are clearly in love," she sighs. "If your father would just chill out for a second, maybe he'd see that too. But sweetheart I don't think that he ever will."

I take a deep breath and nod my head. "Well he doesn't have to worry about me being a Cobra anymore, because I'm now a member of the Vipers."

"Oh?" Her eyes widen.

"Jex asked me if I wanted to join, and I decided that I do want to be a Viper. It'll be easier for our children if we're loyal to one crew and not have them split between two."

"Well as your can imagine your father will flip his lid when he finds out. But I personally respect your decision. I see where you're coming from."

"But we'd really like for you to be part of the baby's life. A part of our lives," Jex speaks once more. "And we spoke before you arrived and if you need a place a stay, you're more then welcome to stay here with us."

"Oh, wow," she breathes out. "That's really sweet of you both. But I couldn't possibly move in, you need your own space and privacy. But, as far as having me in your lives and in the baby's life, I'm here. No matter what you need, day or night," she takes both of our hands across the table. "I know that what the two of you have done, by getting together isn't ideal in other people's eyes. But at the end of the day it's each other that you come home to and if you're happy (as I can see that you are), that's all that matters."

...

Dinner went amazingly, it's nice to know that we're going to have Mum in our lives and that I'll have her support, as I take on my most scary role in life yet, becoming a mother.

After dinner Jex insisted on doing the dishes, while I give Mum a little tour of our house.

"And this room here, right across from ours will be the baby's room. Of course we have a little bit to do in here, but it'll be beautiful when it's done."

"Mmm," Mum hums with a grin. "You know Jex and yourself might need a bigger house."

"We will?" I ask in confusion.

"At dinner you mentioned your children, as in you're planning more then one child with him."

"Oh," I bite down on my bottom lip. "I mean we haven't had the first baby yet. But you know I've always wanted a big family, and Jex wants a big family as well, so I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be more than one baby."

"I have to ask while it's just the two of us. Is Jex always this way with you? So loving and affectionate? Or is it just because I'm here?"

"He's more affectionate when you're not here," I giggle softly. "So yes, he's always kissing me and holding me, taking care of me. None of this is an act mom," I assure her

"I'm proud of you baby. No matter what gets thrown at you, somehow you manage to come out the other side."

"I'm really glad that you're going to be part of the baby's life."

"I am too sweetheart. I'll always choose you, no matter what. I love your father with all of my heart. But I've never loved the way I love you and your brother. When you hold your baby for the first time, you'll understand."

Buzz, buzz.

She checks her buzzing phone which is in her pocket. "It's your father," she sighs and hits decline. "Oh gosh, it's almost ten. I should probably get going," she places her phone back in her pocket.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay the night? Honestly, Jex and I are both happy to have you here."

"I appreciate you my sweet girl, and I appreciate how kind Jex is being toward me, but it doesn't feel right. I'll be fine at the hotel."

"Won't you get lonely?" I frown.

"If I do I'll call Mia to come and join me, give her a little break from Enzo," she jokes.

We make our way back out into the kitchen, Jex finishing cleaning up as we enter.

"Thank you for having me for dinner Jex. I'm going to head back to my apartment now."

"Oh, well thanks for coming. I hope I'm not as bad as you've always been told."

"Not at all. You treat my daughter amazingly. I'm so glad I got to see it for myself. I'm happy to call you my son in law," she gives him a warm embrace. "I'll see you soon."

"By mamma," I give her a big hug. "I'll call you tomorrow after the scan."

"Yes, send me pictures," she says excitedly.

Jex and I walk her to the door. We watch as she gets into her car safely, pulls out of the driveway and drives off into the distance.

I sigh softly and lay my head down on Jex's shoulder. He wraps his arm around me and kisses the top of my head. "She'll be okay baby."

"I just don't want her to get lonely."

"I'm sure she'll call if she does," he rubs my back. "Let's get you into bed. We have the scan early in the morning and I don't need a cranky Bella talking back to me in the morning," he grins.

"Would I ever talk back to you, boss?" I smirk softly.

"Don't start Bella," he warns.

"I'm soooo scared," I lean in and press a kiss to the side of his neck, before kissing up to his ear, nibbling on it softly. He pulls me close, I feel that farmilar twinge in his pants and giggle softly as I pull back. "Mmm you know, now that I think about it, I am kind of tired," I turn and begin walking down the hall.

"Oh hell no," Jex chuckles, as he chases after me and picks me up. He carries me to our bedroom, where he throws me down upon the bed

"I warned you."

"I guess it's time for my punishment." 

This chapter has been proof read and edited by ElleRWrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 42.2K 67
* Book 1 in the Viper series. Living in Mexico with her Mexican father Gabriella 'Ella' Vargas is fresh out of college and searching for a career in...
5.3M 185K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...
4.9M 108K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
3M 84K 55
Amity Logan's life is turned outside down when she is forced to leave her family behind and move to a new town for her own protection. At just twent...