Radiance | Keiji Akaashi (Hai...

By neko-chanuwuu

"With a star before my eyes, all there is left for me to do is to 'play as I have always done' and deliver. I... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 18

150 6 25
By neko-chanuwuu

I just want to warn you all that this chapter is basically 12k+ words. I regret nothing. Read at your own risk.

Warning: the first half of this chapter is just complete random bullshit and fuckery. I bid you goodluck.
.
.
.
.
.

Today was the last day of Fukurodani's three-day school festival. This day was the busiest of them all. Everybody was rushing in and out of classrooms, others were carrying props all over the campus, and of course everyone worked really hard for this particular event.

Our class chose to... uh well... held a maid cafe. Our classroom was set as a cafe of course; small cute black and white tables and chairs was set in the whole room, black banner above the board that showcased the name of our cafe, and set of desserts and drinks in the counter up front. 

Everybody in our class have shifts where all of us would cover each other as we accommodate our cafe. Boys were dressed up as butlers and girls were dressed up as maids. But in my case, it was different.

Let's just say that someone in class saw me in a cheerleader outfit when we were endorsing club back then and thinks that I will look good in a maid costume. So here I was, taking care of our customers in a maid outfit. This may sound good, but...

My costume showed a lot of my skin which irritated me. They made me wear a maid outfit, but in a crop top. 

So, my top was frilly and it was colored black with white designs and details such as lines and hearts and stuff. It was also sleeveless which made it look like a baggy bra honestly. 

The hem of the crop top just reached the spot where my solar plexus lie, which showcased my abdominal muscles and V-lines once again.

My skirt was short as well, the hem just reached up until my thighs. Just like the top, it was also frilly and black with white lines as designs. 

The outfit came in with a matching head band with cat ears. So of course, I had to wear that too. It also came in with a white choker which I also wore of course, it left a feeling that I was being choked to death which was really uncomfortable. 

And oh, they also made me wear black heels. It was three inches tall which made it harder to walk. There were times that I would slip, trip, or fall because of the goddamn heels.

Every once in awhile, I would slightly bring the hem of my shirt and skirt down when I had the chance, but that didn't change the fact that it was still showing off a lot of my skin. If I ever become a rape victim, I won't be surprised anymore. 

But luckily, they only made me wear this on the last day of the festival which was a total relief. And with this, I got to be honest our sales went sky rocket because various of girls came in just to have a picture with me or they wanted me to serve them.

There was one girl that wanted to be stepped on by me. I was weirded out by that so it was natural I would refuse. The girl insisted, so she was stepped on by Katsumi instead. That customer was not satisfied of course.

The lesson I learned from that was people are disgusting, and even so their kinks. And the second lesson was, I learned that I look like a pornstar in a role play clip. Heed my words, I wouldn't do this kind of thing ever again. 

And speaking of Katsumi, instead of saving my ass from wearing the maid crap, she was actually the first person who signed up for it. Oh my, Bokutos sure are reliable. I was being sarcastic, by the way. 

But I guess it was also alright since I have the same shift as her, meaning I would also see her in her maid outfit.

Katsumi's costume was more decent, you know, the typical maid outfit. Her top had long sleeves and the hem of the shirt only reached her stomach, slightly showing her belly. 

The skirt was short too, it reached her thighs but she was also wearing long white stockings so her beautiful long legs were not exposed much. The dress was slightly fitted so it perfectly showed her elegant body curves. 

She looked really adorable and I wanted to take a picture of her wearing that. Witnessing her in such a cute outfit alone made my heart beat faster.

Our shift was almost over and soon I would be relieved from this torture dress. I walked to the counter, hugging the circular tray and sighing as I did. Katsumi walked to me with a big smirk on her face.

"Akaashi-san, you look good." she said, eyeing me from head to toe. I just looked at her with dead eyes, "Oh thanks. I look like a stripper, but thanks." 

She softly laughed at that as she gently slapped my arm. "No you don't, you look.... extremely sexy and gorgeous." 

I held out my hand at her as I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes. "Just, stop. Please... stop." 

"What? That's a compliment!" when I turned to her she was wearing an amused smile. I motioned my hand to my whole body. "Because of this, I have been through a lot of trouble. I don't need you to remind that one particular customer asked me to strip." 

Katsumi just laughed again as she clutched her arms onto her stomach, "You're being so salty! I can't!" and continued laughing out loud again. 

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "Then why don't you wear this then? I'm sure you'll be salty as I am."

"Oh no, no, no." she shook her head as she straighten up. "You own that dress and the charm it releases. And only you could pull that off."

"I want to die." I mumbled. She hit my arm using the back of her hand. "Oh, don't say that! Cross dressing is a.... an honor! It's an honor representing girl's clothes. Oh yes, it is." She closed her eyes as she nodded while saying those.

"Are you sure we're still talking about cross dressing?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. Katsumi smiled widely as she grabbed my shoulders using her small two hands.

"Just relax! You really look good in that! I swear." she said. I just looked at her and sighed. Besides, after this shift I won't be wearing this anymore. "Alright. But, I won't easily forgot that you're the first person to sign the petition of me wearing this."

I flicked her forehead. "Ow!"

Katsumi pouted as she brought a hand to her forehead and rubbed it to soothe it.

"If I made you an onigiri, would you forget about that?" she smirked at me. I put a hand on my chin as I looked up at the ceiling as I thought about it.

"How about.... no?" I smirked back at her. "I don't think I will."

Katsumi pouted her lips some more, "But I just know you'll look good in that! And as it turns out, I am!"

"I can't believe you sacrificed my dignity just because you wanted to see a man in stripper clothes." I deadpanned. 

Katsumi chuckled and soon a certain people came into our cafe. I turned towards the entrance and saw Bokuto, Konoha, and Komi.

The three of them weren't wearing their thick coats but they were still wearing their ties. Bokuto's sleeves were rolled up and his tie that was on his neck was loose and barely holding on. 

I got to say, his tie was such a mood for I, too, was barely holding on to the bullshit the Bokuto siblings have done since the day they were born.

"AKAASHI! You look so pretty!" Bokuto exclaimed as he ran towards me and wrapped his enormous arms around my body, lifting me slightly off the ground. 

"Bokuto-san, a hug from a maid costs one hundred yen." I said flatly. He quickly dropped me and unwrapped his arms from me. 

Bokuto pouted his lips with watery eyes as his hair deflated slowly. "B-but Akaashi, you're so expensive. Does that mean I can't hug you anymore...?"

"I'm just kidding, Bokuto-san." I said as his face suddenly lit up and hugged me once again, crushing me to the bones as he did. He let go after few moments and I had to gasp for air.

"Damn Akaashi. Nobody told me you're this sexy." Konoha smirked as he brought out his phone to snap pictures of me.

I glared and pointed a finger at him, "Don't you dare start, Konoha-san."

But he ignored me and continued taking photos. Komi and Katsumi joined in as well, various camera flashes directed at me. 

Katsumi extended her arm at me as she let me see her phone which showed a picture of my stomach. "I like to call this the 'Akaashi-san's precious V-lines'! Must protect!"

When I only gave her a dead look as she withdrew her arm, Konoha and Komi leaned in to see the photo. 

"Oh, that sure is nice." Komi commented, nodding his head. Konoha pointed a finger at Komi as he shouted, "Ha! Gay!"

"No homo." Komi smiled as he brought up a reverse card from Uno. Konoha smirked back as he brought up a plus four card from Uno. Komi brought up his reverse card once again. Don't ask me where did they get that.

"You can't reverse a plus four card, Komi-san." I said. "Guess what Akaashi? I don't give a fuck." 

"I'll make this my wallpaper." Katsumi said as she pressed buttons on her phone, probably referring to the picture of my stomach.

"Katsumi-san, please don't." I pleaded.

After the photoshoot I didn't agree on finally ended, our shift has ended as well and it was time for me and Katsumi to change into more comfortable clothes. Thank God.

"Hey Akaashi," Komi called out. "Why don't you keep that outfit on as you walk around the campus?"

"If you have a death wish Komi-san, I would gladly keep this on." I encountered with a soft smile.

Komi got beside me, slapping my back multiple times. "C'mon Akaashi. I was clearly joking." 

"Lol, pussy." Konoha snickered. I saw an angry vein on Komi's temple as he kicked Konoha's butt which made the matcha boy yelped in pain. 

Katsumi and I finally changed clothes. I wore my complete uniform, but I left all the buttons from my coat undone. 

Katsumi also wore her uniform, except she removed the ribbon, the buttons on her grey blazer were also undone, and her sleeves rolled up until her elbows.

The five of us got out of the school building and walked under the sun's hot and bright rays. The sky was cloudless so the harmful UV rays could get into our skin easily. The surroundings was really bright.

There were also a lot of people walking around with us. Some were wearing the Fukurodani uniform, some wore uniform from other schools, and others simply wore a casual one. 

A lot of stalls filled the sidewalks. Food stalls, game stalls, and many other more. The school festival looked lively and crowded. But even so, I could tell that everyone was having fun. 

"Kuroo told me that they were already here." Bokuto said as he turned his head to all sides to look for them. He took out his phone and dialed someone's number. Whoever was on the other end of the line answered after a few rings.

"Oya?" Bokuto asked the phone. I couldn't hear what the person on the other line said but Bokuto responded again, "Oya oya oya!"

And the next thing that happened was the phone call turned into a competition of saying oya oya's to each other. I was pretty sure that it was Kuroo on the other end of the line.

"Oya oya oya oya oya oya oya oya oya oya oya oya!" Bokuto yelled as he bent his knees, terribly focused on the "competition" on the call. 

"When did our captain become a dumbass?" I scowled on the sight Bokuto now jumping up and down as he said his oya oya's. 

"Apparently since the day he was born." Konoha answered as he looked at our captain with empty eyes. 

I walked up to Bokuto and grabbed the phone from his hand. Bokuto was shocked and slightly pouted as I brought a finger to my lips to shush him and the phone to my ear.

"Kuroo-san, it would be nice for you two to stop this nonsense." I bluntly said. The person on the other line also spoke at the same time I did but it wasn't Kuroo, it was Kenma. "Bokuto-san please stop. People around us are giving us weird looks." 

My eyes voluntarily widen at that. "Kenma."

"Akaashi." Kenma breathe out at the other end of the line.

We talked how a normal person would talk in a phone call and told us their whereabouts. I politely bid him goodbye as I handed the phone back to Bokuto. 

"Bokuto-san, that is how you do a phone call. Not suddenly turn it into a contest of saying 'oya oya' to each other." I said. Bokuto only pouted, "Yes, Akaashi..."

The five of us went where Kuroo and Kenma were. We finally meet up and I was surprised that Kuroo brought more people with them.

Bokuto suddenly stopped walking and looked menacingly at Kuroo and said, "Jotaro."

Kuroo did the same he did and said, "Dio."

Kuroo nudged Kenma using his elbow who was busy smashing buttons as he played games in his PSP. Kenma looked up confusingly but a look at Kuroo and Bokuto, he seemed to understand the situation.

"Ho..." Kenma mumbled with disinterest as he looked down at his game once again and continued playing. 

The two continued glaring at each other but suddenly smiled as they hugged each other and slapped each others backs.

I just facepalmed as I inhaled sharply. "Bokuto-san. Kuroo-san. You should stop the Jojo thing every time the two of you meet."

The two ignored me as they did their secret bro handshake thingy or something like that which was just a series of smacking their palms together and fist bumping. 

While the two dumbass captains do their stupid thing, I noticed that Yaku and Yamamoto tagged along with them. And there was this other guy that was really tall that had light grey slick hair and bright green eyes. 

"He must be a first year since I didn't see him at training camp last year." I said inside my mind. "A giant first-year..."

Once the two captains were done, they looked satisfied as they smiled at each other. Kuroo motioned a hand to the tall guy and started to introduce him, "This tall fella is our new recruit. His name is Lev Haiba, he's half Russian."

"Cyka blyat." Konoha whispered to Komi who was standing next to him. With only that, the two erupted in laughter. 

"Nice to meet you all!" Lev smiled as he bowed in ninety degrees at us.

"Oh..." was my only response. Believe me, I was surprised but my tone was telling the opposite. 

Bokuto and Katsumi came up to him and literally looked up to him with sparky eyes. "Woah! So tall!"

Bokuto suddenly pointed a finger at him and basically yelled, "How tall are you!?"

"194 cm." Lev answered with a smile. The two Bokutos gasped in admiration. "Ooh! Almost two meters!"

Katsumi asked, "What position do you play?"

"Middle Blocker." the tall first year said and jerked his thumb at himself. "And soon to be Nekoma's ace!"

"Cool...!" the two Bokutos mumbled in awe with sparkling eyes.

"You got some nerve to say that you'll be Nekoma's ace when your receiving sucks!" Yamamoto shouted as he cracked his knuckles. 

I went towards Yaku and said, "Lucky for you to scoop some tall fish, Yaku-san." 

The third-year sighed as he placed his hands on his hips as he shook his head. "He is tall but he still hasn't grasped the basics." 

"Oh..." was my only response. I took a look at everyone.

Katsumi and Bokuto was still admiring the titan first year with sparkly eyes while Yamamoto was angrily chewing Lev out who just literally looked down at his senior with a confused but stupid smile on his face.

Kuroo was scolding at Kenma to play his games later since school festivals are precious and how much it needs to be appreciated. Kenma just ignored everything he said. 

Konoha and Komi were snickering to each other as they showed each other their phones. I wondered what they were laughing about. 

It looked like this day was going to be a blast. That was a sarcastic statement once again.

Lev suddenly decided to carry Yaku up like a cat and showed him to Yamamoto. "Don't worry, Taketora-san! With Yaku-san's help, I'll be the ace in no time!"

I saw few angry veins pop on Yaku's face and somehow he managed to kick Lev's face in that angle. 

Yaku glared angrily at Lev and walked away with his chin up high while Lev seemed dead laying face flat on the ground while I just blinked stupidly at Yaku on how that kick just defied science and all. I took out my notebook from my pants and began taking notes.

"Akaashi.... that thing is in there the whole time?" Konoha asked me. I just nodded as I scribbled down more notes.

"That happens everyday so we got nothing to worry about." Kuroo said to us as he went back on talking to Kenma to stop playing. 

"Nekoma sure is intense...." I said to myself. "I wonder if we should to that treatment to Bokuto-san as well."

I thought this with a hand on my chin. I looked at Bokuto who was cheerfully talking to Yaku with exaggerated hand motions which Yaku listened intently to. Katsumi was also listening as she enthusiastically nodded her head.

"I think there is no need for that. A dejected Bokuto is one phenomenon hard to deal with."

"I'm sorry about my underclass....men...." Yamamoto trailed off as he looked at Katsumi. A faint pink blush appearing on his cheeks and his eyes shinning a bit.

"U-uh... what's-" he walked towards Katsumi but I immediately cut him off when I put a hand on his face, stopping him from talking and walking closer to Katsumi as well. Two birds with one stone.

"I would like you to maintain your distance with our precious manager." I said, a forced sweet smile on my lips.

I withdrew my hand and Yamamoto looked embarrassed. He decided to walk to Bokuto for some reason.

I quickly got near Bokuto also did the same to him, I put a hand on his face to stop him from walking closer to Bokuto. "I would also like you to maintain your distance from our precious captain." 

"Yamamoto, forgive him." Kuroo said then smirked. "Akaashi-kun here has Bokuto-complex."

"I do not." I said as I handed Katsumi a water bottle with refreshing cold water and wiped the sweat from her forehead using a towel with my right hand and applied sunscreen on Bokuto's face using my left hand.

"See?" Kuroo smirked at the blonde mohawk guy who just nodded as he watched me do my pampering on the Bokutos.

"Kuroo-san!" Katsumi exclaimed like it was the first time she was seeing him after so many decades as she jogged up to him excitedly.

"Oh, Katsumi-chan." Kuroo smiled at her. "It's been awhile."

Katsumi just smiled widely at him as Kuroo ruffled Katsumi's hair. That was the smile Katsumi was always showing to me. I felt a tinge of pain in my chest as I watched them interact. I looked away. 

"Hey Akaashi-san!" Katsumi called out to me. I pinched my eyebrows as I turned my head towards her, forcing a smile.

"Kuroo-san, Kenma-san, and I have been playing online games for awhile now. You should join us too." she grinned widely. "And you should see Kuroo-san's avatar."

"Oh, you should definitely see my character, Akaashi-kun." Kuroo said as he got his phone from his pocket and showed it to me. The screen showed a female avatar that looks like a lot like Kuroo, even their shitty hair were the same.

"You are a... female?" I asked with slight confusion present on my face as I eyed the phone's screen before sliding them to Kuroo.

"That's right." Kuroo smirked as he kept his phone. "It's really enjoyable when men ask for my phone number. And when I did, I'll just reveal that I'm actually a man and they would disconnect from the game right away." 

Katsumi and Kuroo laughed at that and talked about the online gaming they were performing together some more.

I just forced a smile at the two even though there was some kind of pinching pain inside my chest.

"Where shall we go first!?" Bokuto yelled out loud that all heads turned to him, like literally all the heads of our group and the heads of passerby strangers. 

"How about let's hit the haunted maze?" Kuroo suggested as he pointed a finger at a creepy looking poster posted at some tree nearby. It said that it was stationed at the first floor where first-year rooms were located. 

"Oh! Good idea, Kuroo!" Bokuto hooted as he gave him a thumbs-up.

"Bokuto-san, are you sure? Scary things are one of your weaknesses." I told him. Bokuto put his hands on his hips and confidently said, "Nonsense! Since I'm the best ace out there, I am afraid of nothing!" 

"I assume you have all of his weakness written on your notebook." Konoha said. I nodded as I handed him my notebook for him to read. He spoke again, "Why am I not surprised?"

"Bokuto-san, you missed the top three." I reminded him. He widen his eyes and ran up to me to cover my mouth. "Agaashe! Ssh! Let me have my moment! You're spoiling it!" 

I just blinked at him and tried to say, "Don't mind, Bokuto-san." but it came out as "Dowont mwind, Bwokutwo-shan." 

Konoha brought my notebook up for me to see, he was wearing a confused expression. "I can't believe you written all his thirty-seven weaknesses, Akaashi!"

I removed Bokuto's hand from my mouth and flip to the papers to the next page. "Bold of you to assume Bokuto-san only has thirty-seven weaknesses." 

Konoha's widen a lot as he saw the contents of the next page. "There's a lot in here! Don't tell me you memorized these!"

"I memorized every single one, Konoha-san." I said. His jaw dropped wide open. 

"Remind me to not get into your bad side, Akaashi-kun." Kuroo said as he walked beside to Konoha to read the contents from my notebook as well. Yaku also decided to read by leaning in. "Oh, that's a lot."

"As matter of fact, I had everyone's stats inside that notebook." I stated. They all looked at me with surprised or terrified looks, there was nothing in between. "The personal info, likes and dislikes, you name it. Even your weaknesses are recording in there."

Suddenly, Yaku and Kuroo decided to grab my notebook at the same time. They both glared at each other and the two began fighting over my notebook by pulling it, like it was a tug of war.

"I wonder what kind of weaknesses you have here, Yakkun." Kuroo smirked. A single angry vein popped on his temple, "I could say the same to you, Kuroo-kun." 

"My, my, Kuroo. I can't believe you're this weak. I think you are overdosed with your precious docosahexaenoic acid." Yaku said as he pulled on my notebook with all his might. 

"Oh shut up, astaxanthin! You're just jealous of how tall I am." Kuroo smirked as he pulled back.

"Oh please. You're not even 187 cm tall because of that shitty hair of yours."

"At least I can still look down at you whenever I want." 

"So," Yamamoto started. "What are they talking about again?"

"Kuroo-san and Yaku-san are talking about astaxanthin which is a reddish chemical compound that belongs to a group of chemicals called carotenoids. This is commonly found in sea animals such as salmon, trout, lobsters, and many more." I explained.

"Docosahexaenoic acid is an omega-three fatty acid. This compound can be found in the meat of cold-water fish such as mackerel, tuna, and many more." 

Everyone that listened to me explain science stuff gave me a blank expression or a pure confused one.

"I felt like my brain short-circuited..." Yamamoto said. "Same." Lev said.

"I think you two are dumb." Komi said to the two Nekoma members while nodding his head.

"Thanks, nerd." Konoha said sarcastically. I only glared at him.

The two Nekoma third-years were still fighting and insulting each other as they were still pulling my notebook. They were literally fighting over a worn-out notebook.

I was actually amazed that my notebook wasn't even ripping apart at all.

"Look! A cat!" Lev exclaimed as he pointed at a black cat that was just few meters away from the crowd, completely ignoring the fact that two of his seniors were insulting each other with science facts.

Everybody stopped whatever they were doing, including Kuroo and Yaku who were fighting over my notebook, and took a moment to look at the cat that looks like Kuroo as it peacefully licked his balls.

I squinted my eyes at the cat as I mumbled, "We meet again, pain-in-the-ass Kuroo-san."

"The hell? I'm here Akaashi, I'm not that cat." Kuroo said as he dramatically brought a hand to his chest, trying his best to look offended but ended up looking stupid instead.

"Say, whoever calls the attention of that cat gets the notebook." Lev suggested as he raised a finger up. "What do you say guys?"

"That's stupid."

"Great. Let's do it."

Yaku and Kuroo said at the same time. They turned their heads to each other once again as they glared and growled at each other.

"Huh? You're agreeing with this dork? That means you're just stupid as him." Yaku growled as he craned his neck upward to at least "reach" Kuroo's face.

"For your information, I am not stupid. Let me give you a fact to prove that I am smart as fuck." Kuroo paused. "You are very small."

"And you are a nerd."

"Chibi-chan."

"Nerd-kun."

"Monoglycerides addict!"

"Docosahexaenoic acid fanboy!"

"Guys, stop." Katsumi got in the middle of the two and pushed their chest away from each other. The two continued to glare and growl at each other though.

"Kuroo. Yaku-kun. Please stop." Kenma said in a monotone voice as he approached the two, surprisingly his eyes weren't focused on his game but on the two instead.

"Now Kenma-san is worried about you two, too." Katsumi said, placing her hands on her hips. 

The two third-year stopped gawking at each other as Kuroo faced Kenma with puppy-dog eyes, "Kenma, is that true?!"

"Heck no." Kenma answered quickly. "It's getting too hot standing under the sun for too long. And the sunlight keeps on reflecting my screen, I couldn't play well."

"And here I am, literally getting my hopes up that you actually care for me." Kuroo sounded and looked disappointed. 

"Put docosahexaenoic acid on that!" Yaku said as he put on sunglasses and posed like some rapper or something. Kuroo only glared at him angrily. 

"Let's just go to that haunted thingy so I could play my game again." Kenma said as he began pulling the hem of Kuroo's shirt. Kuroo replied with a sweet smile, "Okay~!"

The others began following the two and Yaku who held the notebook just threw it behind him as he followed the two.

The notebook was slowly falling to the ground and as expected, Komi's reflexes reacted to it and went to dig receive it.

"Mine, mine, mine!" Komi shouted as he dived to the ground and received the notebook using his arm. "Akaashi!"

"Yes!" I shouted. The notebook was now heading towards my direction and I brought my hands up, waiting for the notebook so I could toss it. I did and called for our ace, "Bokuto-san!"

Bokuto who had followed the others already who were on their way to the haunted maze surprisingly heard me and ran towards the tossed notebook at full speed.

He jumped highly as he swung his arm back and slapped the notebook with so much force he could muster. He successfully spiked the notebook and now the thing was traveling one hundred miles per hour.

"Yosh! Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto shouted in victory as brought his two fists upward.

The fast travelling notebook hit Lev's face who was standing few meters away from us, probably watching the stupid play we did. 

"Akaashi, why did you tossed the notebook?" Komi asked me, his eyes straight as a line. I just shrugged my shoulders, "Reflexes, I guess."

"Akaashi!" Bokuto literally jumped his way as he approached me. He grabbed my shoulders and began shaking it aggressively. "That was some sick toss! Your tosses really are the best!" 

"Yes. Thank you, Bokuto-san." I answered, but he was still shaking me so my voice came out like a vibration. 

Bokuto only stopped shaking me when Lev got near us, his hands holding my notebook. "That was an amazing play! It gave me goosebumps!"

The three of us blinked at him. Bokuto smiled widely as he began slapping the tall Russian's back, I was honestly worried that he might spike the poor kid to Mars.

Komi and I just looked at each other, indicating that we were both weirded out at Lev's statement but we just both shrugged it away. 

"Um!" Lev started as he outstretched his long arms at me, handing me back my notebook. "I think this is yours...."

He trailed off and I filled him in, "Akaashi."

"Akashi-san!" the boy finished with an enthusiastic shout. I grabbed the notebook from his hands, "Thank you. And it's Akaashi." 

The four of us both followed the others and they were actually waiting outside the haunted maze which was inside the first-year's room. The entrance was filled with fake spider webs and creepy masks used for Halloween. Inside of the room was pitch black. 

There was no line so our group was ready to go inside. Our group entered in the groups of either two or three.

Konoha and Komi went in first then it was soon followed by Bokuto, Katsumi, and I. The ones behind us were Kuroo, Kenma, and Yaku. The last group was probably Lev and Yamamoto. 

The inside of the room was really dark. There was a path ahead and the sides of the path were covered in long black cloths. I saw few stains of red liquid on the floor, probably to make it seem like blood. 

People in scary costumes came often to scare us by suddenly appearing their heads before us or jumping in front of us, or just move around in the corner until we notice them. 

"What a bunch of attention-seekers...." that was what I thought of them, but for Bokuto and Katsumi it was a completely different story. 

Every time when someone would just suddenly scoop in to scare us by saying "Rawr!" or "Boo!" or "Argh!", my expression remained the same poker face I usually wear everywhere and looked directly in the eyes of the scarer, staring right into his soul. 

Meanwhile Bokuto and Katsumi would scream their lungs out as they either lean close to my body and covered their eyes using their hands or suddenly jump to hug me, there was nothing in between. 

"'Kaashi! There's a head over there!" Bokuto screamed in fear as he pointed at something that was on the floor. I was carrying him like a baby since he jumped to me when a ghost dog or something scared the crap out of him. 

"That's just props, Bokuto-san." I reassured him as I let him down.

"Akaashi-san! Look! It's your lost twin!" Katsumi yelled as she slung her arm around mine and pointed at a person from afar who didn't even looked the slightest like me. Maybe the hair, yes. But the face, definitely not. The guy literally had eye bags for eyes, he looked like a panda. 

"Katsumi-san, I don't have a twin and I don't look like shit like that guy over there." I reassured her.

The three of us continued walking when suddenly someone jumped in front of Bokuto. It was a girl with long black silky hair covering her face, like Sadako.

Bokuto screamed and unintentionally slapped the poor person on the face due to extreme shock that he felt. The girl fainted and her body fell on the floor. 

I knelt beside the girl and practically shouted at her unconscious body, "What have you done, Sadako-san!?" 

"Akaashi-san! You're literally asking the wrong person!" Katsumi shouted as she pointed a finger at her older brother who had his eyes wide open at the motionless body before him. 

"Akaashi.... I'm sorry.... I instinctively landed a powerful slap on her face..." Bokuto said, looking and sounding terrified.

"That's alright, Bokuto-san. It was self-defense." I said as I patted his back to calm him down. But Katsumi shouted, "Nii-chan, you almost killed her!"

"Bokuto-san, I like you to choose an option." I proposed as I faced the two. "One, we leave the body behind like nothing happened. Two, we hide the body somewhere inside this maze. Or three, surrender ourselves to the police."

"Akaashi-san! Don't make it seem like we committed murder!" Katsumi shouted at me.

"You're voices are really loud and we could hear you from all the way back here." someone said behind us. The three of us turned our heads to the direction of the voice at the same time. 

It was just Kuroo, but he was holding someone up who seemed unconscious. Based on the hair color, it was Lev. 

Yaku who was wearing a scowl, Yamamoto who seemed terrified and had probably pissed his pants, and Kenma who clearly didn't give a care at his surroundings and kept on playing his game appeared behind Kuroo.

Kuroo's eyes landed on the Sadako who was laying on the ground motionless. He stared at the lady before his eyes went back up to us, "You too, huh?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and slightly shook my head in confusion and Kuroo started to explain. 

"Well, stupid Lev here decided that it was a good day to scare the shit out of us so he jumped in front of us attempting to frighten us. Apparently, Yaku-kun here also decided that it was also a good day to make his precious kouhai unconscious by kicking his face and as well as the life out of him." Kuroo explained with a smile. 

"It was his decision that he wanted to receive a kick to the face, not me." Yaku crossed his arms on his chest as he turned his head to the side.

"Oh, and Lev here isn't the first victim of the series called demon Yaku-senpai's kicks." Kuroo said. "There's literally five people unconscious somewhere inside this maze because of the kicks he sent their way."

"Six." Yamamoto corrected. Kuroo only nodded and repeated, "Six. Lev is the seventh." 

Everybody just gave Yaku some uncomfortable stares, especially Bokuto who had his golden owl-like eyes wide open as he observed his fellow third-year.

"So, where do we hide the corpse?" Kuroo asked. Bokuto's eyes widen some more, "The WHAT?"

Bokuto grabbed my arm and began shaking it, his hair was deflated once again.

"Really? At this place?" I asked myself.

"Akaashi... I didn't kill her, right? She's still alive, right?" Bokuto began asking me as he continued shaking my arm. 

"Who knows, Bokuto-san." I only deadpanned. He only pouted and he looked like he was going to cry.

"I'm just kidding, Bo. God, you're so dense." Kuroo smirked. "What do we do now?"

"I guess, we take the essentials then." I suggested. 

As soon as I said this, Kuroo quickly pulled the collar to Kenma's shirt and lifted him slightly off the ground while Kenma only clutched onto his PSP tighter. 

Yamamoto hugged himself, as well as Yaku. While I grabbed Bokuto's and Katsumi's hands as we walked our way to the exit, completely forgetting the fact that the girl that looks like Sadako was still laying on the ground motionless. 

Soon, our little group finally went out of the freaky haunted maze. Some looked unbothered and some looked like they've been through an apocalypse. 

We went out of the school building once again and we were back to standing under the hot sun, searching and thinking of what to do next. 

And oh, Lev got back to his senses. Though he forgot some of the events that happened inside the maze.

"So what do you want to do now?" Yamamoto asked as he looked at each and every one of us.

"Let's buy food!" 

"Let's do karaoke!"

Yaku and Kuroo said that at the same time, Yaku was giving us a thumbs-up while Kuroo was smirking at us as he brought his fist close to his lips pretending it was a mic.

As expected, the two glared angrily at each other again as they punned each other with insults, also known as science facts.

"Huh?! You're thinking about food again? You're always eating and eating but you never get fat, or even taller!" Kuroo threw his hands in the air in an exasperated manner.

"What did you say?! That's because my metabolism is fast, you dumbass! Know your daily science facts, Kuroo!" Yaku spat back as he put his hands on his hips in an irritated manner. 

"Does your asshole ever get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?" Kuroo countered as he craned his neck even higher.

"You know what? I'm going to have to put on my double seeing glasses!" Yaku paused as he wore his sunglasses and pointed at it as he continued shouting. "Because I can't even begin to see the amount of bullshit coming from you!" 

Konoha and Komi were filming the whole thing in their phones and snickered as they watched the two have an intense battle about bullshits.

"I don't know what's happening but, I love what's happening right now." Konoha leaned in to Komi as he said that. The shorter guy snorted in response, "Same." 

"Doesn't sunglasses reduce your sight since it's tinted dark and all?" Katsumi leaned in to me as she whispered. I only shrugged my shoulders as I watched the two argue some more.

"Why don't we just split the group into two? The other half buys food then the remaining half proceeds to the karaoke." Kenma suggested, but his whole attention was still in the game he was playing. 

"That's a great idea, Kenma!" Kuroo said excitedly as he clasped his hands together and pressed them against his cheek lovingly. 

And so the group was split into half. The ones who were buying food were Yaku, Lev, Yamamoto, Komi, and Konoha while the ones going to karaoke which a class in third-years accommodates were Kuroo, Kenma, Bokuto, Katsumi, and me.

"Yaku-san, I want to go to karaoke..." Lev said with slightly slumped shoulders. Yaku just kicked his butt, "Nobody asked for your opinion, stupid titan."

Konoha put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me with so much determination like he was about to go to a faraway land to find a cure for cancer. "I'll buy all of your favorites. Leave the food to me." 

"Thank you, Konoha-san." I said with the same determination that he had as I knighted him by tapping each of his shoulders using the long stick I found nearby. 

The food group had set to their brave journey to buy us high quality food while our group proceeded to the third floor and to the karaoke room. 

The once original classroom was set as a karaoke room. It could only hold two groups of people at a time. We booked for it for two hours. Since there was some people who entered first before us, we were given the second room and entered to the classroom's back door.

When we entered, the room was divided into two by a huge thick cardboard. The curtain used were dark in color so it made the room quite dark but there were party lights installed so it looked more like a bar than a karaoke room. 

There was the a big television in the middle and two long couches in front of it. There was a small table in the middle where the song book, microphones, and the gadget you use to book your song were placed. 

I was surprised the third-years were able to whip something like this. I wondered where their budget came from.

The excited ones, specifically Kuroo, Bokuto, and Katsumi, quickly dashed and sat on the long soft couch as they talked fast to each other excitedly.

I took a look at Kenma who was still had no interest to the events happening around him and was still playing his precious game. I grabbed his arm and gently dragged him towards the couch.

I sat on the couch, in the middle of Kenma who was obviously playing and Katsumi who was clapping her hands for no apparent reason.

Kuroo and Bokuto were the one standing and they were holding onto their mics, tapping it and speaking directly at it to check if it could make their voices louder.

"So, Bokuto-kun. What song shall we sing first?" Kuroo asked, his mouth close to the mic to it broadcast his suave voice. 

"Hmm..." Bokuto put a hand on his chin as he thought about it. Few moments later, his face lit up and excitedly inputted a song. 

Soon, the instrumental of whatever he booked started and the song title and singer appeared at the screen of the television.

It was "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys. 

The opening was nearing when suddenly Bokuto directed the microphone he was holding against my lips. I gave him a confused but nervous expression.

"Akaashi, sing the first verse." Bokuto whispered at me. I mouthed the word, "What?!" but he just nodded his head as he smiled at me.

I sighed and the lyrics started to light up, indicating that the song has already started. 

"You are my fire..." I sang as low as my voice could reach. I nervously let my eyes roam around. Bokuto's smile widen, Kuroo just smirked as he put a hand on his hip, Katsumi looked amazed with sparkling eyes, and Kenma stopped playing to see what was happening. 

"The one desire...." I continued. "Believe when I say.... I want it that way."

More instruments erupted and Kuroo began to sing with me. "But we are two worlds apart."

My voice and body was starting to relax and my voice came out naturally now. Kuroo's voice was deep but smooth and beautiful at the same time as he sang.

"Can't reach to your heart." the two of us continued. "When you say..."

This time, Kuroo stopped singing leaving me singing alone again. "That I want it that way."

Bokuto suddenly withdrew the microphone from my mouth and put it against his instead. And that was where things began to go out of control.

"Tell me why!" Bokuto sang and his two hands were now holding the microphone, shouting his inner energy into that poor small mic. Kuroo continued just as chaotic as Bokuto sang, "Ain't nothin' but a heartache!"

"Tell me why!"

"Ain't nothin' but a mistake!"

"Tell me why!"

"I never want to hear you sayyy..."

The two were sexy dancing in front of us three minors, sliding their fingers at each other's faces seductively and letting their hands roam on each other's bodies in a sexy manner. 

Kuroo had his one arm wrapped around Bokuto's neck and the other hand held the mic close to his lips. Bokuto had one hand on Kuroo's waist and obviously the other holding the mic. They both sang the last sentence for the chorus.

"I want it that way..."

Kenma immediately lost interest when he saw the sexy dancing and went back playing his game. I facepalmed myself as Katsumi looked pleased as she began applauding the two idiots. 

This thing continued for two more songs, singing while dancing like old geezers. Kenma was now wearing earphones while I just have my hands covering my ears. Katsumi was still looking impressed with the two.

Finally, the group that bought food arrived with tons of food in tow. They all set it on the table and the ones who weren't singing, also known us me and the others, finally dug in, ignoring the shitty singing and dirty dancing of Kuroo and Bokuto.

The two captains finally finished their song and they were panting. They smiled at each other as they slapped each others backs.

"You're... good, Bokuto-kun." Kuroo said between pants. Bokuto smiled widely, "Same to you, my friend."

"You're singing sucks, Kuroo." Yaku said as he munched on some mochi. Kuroo's head instantly whipped towards his direction and glared at him once again, "The hell did you say?! Why don't we have a showdown to see who has the most beautiful voice!?"

Yaku popped the remnants of the half-eaten mochi into his mouth and stood up proudly, "Let's do it! Oh, I can't wait to win!"

Konoha said he'll choose the song and all of us agreed and input the song inside his mind. Soon, the musical and instrumental of the song began as the title flashed on the screen.

"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler.

My eyes widen at the television and at Konoha. He smirked evilly as he gave me a thumbs-up. I sighed because I knew that song had terribly really high notes to reach.

"Turn around..." Yaku sang, but his tone was angry. It was like he wasn't even singing.

"Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming 'round." Kuroo sang, but his tone was also agitated so his singing voice wasn't as alluring as before.

"Turn around...." Kuroo was now who sang this part as he took a fast breathe in after singing the line before.

"Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears." Yaku sang, but this time he really sang and his voice was magnificent. "Turn around..."

"Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by." Kuroo sang, letting his voice reach its high tone. His beautiful singing voice returned now.

It was now the battle of two manly but stunning voices singing. The audience, which was us, couldn't tell whose voice was better, but there was one thing we knew. The two were good in singing in a duo.

The two finally hit the chorus and now it was a battle of high notes. The two tried reaching for it, but once in awhile their voices would break or they would ran out of breath which ruined the song. Of course, somebody would laugh at that.

The two finally finished the whole song. Kuroo looked up and his hands were placed on his hips as he panted, sweat beading his forehead and neck.

Yaku bent his body down as held onto his knees to support his weight and he was also panting for air, his face was covered in sweat and his hair was wet with sweat as well.

"Beat.... that.... docosahexaenoic acid!" Yaku yelled in between pants.

"Oh yeah? It's clear... that I win, monoglyceride!" Kuroo shouted back as well in between pants.

The two sat down on the couch, still catching their breaths. Surprisingly, the two sat next to each other without causing a big riot.

"Can someone... sing...!" Kuroo said as he held the microphone up high in the air. "I've been singing for ages!"

Katsumi quickly excitedly with a smile on her face as she got the microphone and booked a song she will sing. Soon, music began to erupt from the speakers and the title displayed on the big screen.

"A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri.

My eyes slightly widen as my heart started to beat faster as I stared at Katsumi who was standing and her attention at the television, waiting the lyrics of the song to appear with the microphone close to her mouth.

I was kind of excited and thrilled to hear how her singing voice sounds like. I focused my eyes and attention at her, just at her.

"Heart beats fast." she started singing. Her voice was soft and tender. It was calming and alluring to the point it sounded like a mermaid with beautiful voice was singing in front of us.

It was beautiful. Beautiful just like her.

"Colors and promises." she continued. "How to be brave?"

Katsumi turned her head towards my direction and our eyes met. Her golden orbs were focused on my blue-green ones. "How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?"

After she sang that line, she quickly looked away as she slightly shook her head.

She continued singing until she reached the chorus. Everybody's full attention was at her too, all entranced with her beautiful voice that made it seemed like we were under her spell.

"I have died everyday, waiting for you."

"Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years."

Katsumi let her voice roam around the words in the lyrics. She turned her head to me once again and our eyes locked and no one dared to look away.

"I'll love you for a thousand more..."

She sang that line, but it seemed like she sang that line directly at me. Me alone. It was like she was dedicating the song she was singing to me.

It made my heart beat wildly inside my chest. Overwhelming emotions filled me.

Happiness. Excitement. Love.

We just looked at each other as the musical played in the background. The moment seemed rosy and perfect. I didn't want it to end.

It was broken when Katsumi turned back to the television to sing some more.

Katsumi finally finished the song and everyone gave her a round of applause, including me of course.

Everybody was clapping and smiling widely at the beautiful performance she performed, actually even Kenma. She had a huge smile on her face as she sat down next to me.

"That was beautiful, Katsumi-san." I smiled. She smiled widely back at me, "Thank you, Akaashi-san!"

Next, Kuroo and Bokuto suddenly stood up and grabbed their respective microphones as they input the song they're going to sing.

Surprisingly, there was no music and the title was already shown on the screen.

"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.

I sighed as I facepalmed for now I knew what was going to happen next and it's very chaotic.

"Toooonight." Kuroo started singing with a smirk. "I'm gonna have myself a real good time."

"I feel aliii-iii-iiiveee!" Kuroo smoothly rolled the words from his tongue. Kuroo stopped to let the owl sing.

"And the world, I'll turn it inside out yeah!" Bokuto began singing as he jumped high. "And floating around...."

"In ecstasy..." Kuroo and Bokuto sang at the same time as they finger-gunning each other.

"So don't stop me now!" the two basically shouted at the microphone and everyone had to cover their ears slightly so they wouldn't suffer ear damage. "Don't stop me."

"'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time!" the two quickly sang the lyrics and that was where things got more chaotic.

The two captains continued singing their song, dancing in a crappy way once again as they sang their lungs out.

There was drums sounds erupting as Kuroo rested his back on the back of Bokuto as they sang, wiggling their eyebrows at us.

"Don't stop me, don't stop me, don't stop me." Kuroo sang as Bokuto yelled, "Hey, hey, hey!"

"Don't stop me, don't stop me." Kuroo continued as the two hummed, "Ooh, ooh, ooh."

"I like it!" Bokuto smirked as he watched Kuroo twerk in front of him. I was sure that everyone facepalmed or looked away at that.

"Kuroo-san is having a scandal in front of nine high schoolers." the headline must be something like that.

"Don't stop me, don't stop me."

"Have a good time, good time."

"Don't stop me, don't stop me."

"Awwwwwww yeaaahhhh!" Bokuto yelled as the electric guitar came in.

The two laughed at each other as they waited for the lyrics to come again.

I felt like everyone was done with the two dumbass captains because to be honest I am very tired of the bullshit they're performing since the start of this day.

We did a lot of things in the school festival, things like pure idiocy and stupidity. I shouldn't be surprised by then.

We did so many activities and games and also we ate a lot of food we bought from food stalls. My energy was nearing its limit but if I have to be honest, this day was so much fun.

It was nice hanging out and having fun with everyone. I felt really happy.

Before we knew it, it was already dark. The sky was pitch black, only few slightly visible fluffy clouds floated above the star-less night.

Obviously, it wasn't as hot as before. The night was cool with slight breeze blowing our hairs and clothes, cooling our warm skin sticky with sweat.

The last program for the festival was now in progress, the beauty pageant.

The wooden and elevated stage was set up in middle of the huge courtyard of the academy. The stage was properly lit up by different colored lights and loud music came out of the huge speakers on the side.

The girl contestants stood on stage and smiled sweetly at the audience with hands on their hips as they did a sexy poses.

Many cheers came from the crowd; clapping, shouting, and whistling. They jumped as they shouted their throats out, cheering for the candidate they doted on.

Bokuto cheered for his classmate who was one of the contenders. He jumped highly as he clapped until his hands turned red.

Kuroo cheered for some girl with long hair and Yaku for some girl with short hair. And as expected, they fought each other again as they rained each other with insults instead of actually enjoying the pageant.

Yamamoto was struggling to get on stage but teachers and students from the student council stopped him from doing so. I'm going to pretend I don't know the mohawk guy.

Kenma was sitting on one of the benches nearby, isolating himself from the huge crowd as he played his game with earphones in his ears to drown out the loud sounds from the people and speakers.

Lev was sitting next to him and tried to make a conversation with his senior with a loud voice and exaggerated hand and arm movements.

It was obvious Kenma wasn't listening and clearly it wasn't obvious to Lev for he kept on talking.

I was just standing in middle of the crowd, while everybody was jumping up and down and making the loudest noises they could muster.

And then there's me, just standing motionless as I watched Katsumi enjoying the pageant as she cheered on her classmate that was on the stage too.

Katsumi walked beside me and shook my arm. "Ah Akaashi-san! Look at how beautiful all the candidates are!"

I took a look at the girls on stage then back at Katsumi who had a huge smile on her face. I smiled a little at her, "They're all beautiful indeed."

"Why didn't you sign up for the pageant, Katsumi-san?" I asked her since her face was a beauty too.

"Me?" she said as she pointed at herself. She laughed as she wagged her hand in front of her face. "Nah. I obviously lack the beauty those ladies in front have."

"Katsumi-san." I said quickly as I grabbed her forearm. "That's not true. Don't ever say things like that."

Katsumi had her eyes widened, her expression looked like she was still waiting for me to say something more.

I slowly let go of her arm and looked away from her gaze, my face slightly red in embarrassment.

"It's just.... you're beautiful, inside and out." I mumbled as I put the back of my hand on my mouth and I was still looking away, the blush on my face getting worse.

"Thanks, Akaashi-san." Katsumi said. I turned my head back to her and she showed me one of her biggest smiles.

"You're beautiful, too." she smiled, gently punching my arm. She suddenly widen her eyes as she began to panic as she wagged her hands in front of me. "I-I mean! You're handsome.... like really handsome. But mostly, you're reaaaalllyyy preeettyy!"

I only laughed at that and soon the host's loud voice boomed in the speaker. We all looked up as he was about to announce the winner of the pageant show.

There was some drum roll happening before he actually announced the winner. It was a third-year. I recognized her, she was Bokuto's classmate.

The big owl must be jumping up and down in excitement as he shouted loudly, "THAT'S MY CLASSMATE! WOOOOO!"

The host put on the golden crown on the winner's head and the slash thing you put on your body. The winner had short red hair and yes, she was pretty. But I knew Katsumi was far more beautiful than her.

The host gave her the microphone as the winner began thanking everyone who supported her and stuff.

That was where I felt a hand held mine. I looked at the hand and it was Katsumi's. She began pulling my hand as the two of us swam our way out of the huge crowd.

"The fireworks are gonna start soon. I know a nice place to watch them." she smiled at me as she winked as she continued tugging my hand.

Her hand was smaller than mine and it was soft and warm to my touch. I felt my pulse quickening as I squeezed her hand tighter.

Even though we were out of the crowd, Katsumi never let go of my hand. She kept on holding it until we reached the school's outdoor pool.

There was the huge pool and the blue water reflected the darkness of the sky and a few bright stars above. The water looked like the bewitching night sky itself, black but gorgeous in its own way with bright stars twinkling like diamonds.

The smell of chlorine filled my nostrils and slight wind blew towards our way, our hair and clothes slightly swaying with the wind.

"This spot is good since I heard they will fire off the fireworks over there." Katsumi said as she pointed at the horizon before us.

It seemed like she was pointing at the courtyard, the spot few meters behind the stage used in the pagaent show.

"I just hope those aren't rumors." she chuckled. "Don't worry, Katsumi-san. It isn't."

"How do you know that?" she asked with an amused smile as she raised an eyebrow. "Notebook."

She looked at me with a dead look as she slapped my arm with so much force. It felt like one of Bokuto's slaps. I guess it runs in their blood then.

I laughed as I rubbed the spot she slapped, "I'm kidding, Katsumi-san."

"I can't believe you're a notebook fanboy."

I fake gasped as I put a hand on my chest as I tried my best to look offended. "I am certainly not."

"Oh..." she said as she raised an eyebrow, as if mocking me. I looked at her with empty eyes.

Katsumi quickly recovered as she grabbed my hand once again as she pulled me towards the pool.

The two of us sat on the edge of the pool. Katsumi removed her shoes and socks and tossed them aside as she dipped her legs on the pool. The water reached her shins.

"The water's cold but it feels great." she said as she racked her legs back and forth, making few water splashes. "Dip your legs too!"

"Oh, that's not necessary." I said as I forced a smile as I slightly shook my head.

"Oh c'mon! Just do it!" she shouted as she grabbed my leg and attempted to remove my shoes.

I laughed as tried to stop her from removing my shoe by keeping my leg away from her. "Alright, alright!"

Katsumi stopped as she smugly smiled as she put her hands on her hips. "Operation persuasion complete."

I just shook my head but there was an amused smile plastered on my lips as I removed my shoes and socks from my feet.

I finally dipped in my legs in the water. The water was really cold against my warm skin but at the same time it was cooling and refreshing.

"It feels nice, right?" she smiled at me. I smiled back as I nodded.

We just stared at the dark sky above us. No one talk to ruin the comfortable silence around us. The silent moment felt nice and normal. 

The magnificent great sky above us all and our legs dipped in the pool that reflected it. It felt like we were inside a painting.

Soon a single burst of blue light and fire exploded in the sky, a loud bang erupting from it. The fireworks have started.

We were surprisingly close to where the fireworks were being fired off so every time it flew into the sky, it was always followed with a loud explosion sounds.

Variety of colors painted the dark sky, like a canvas full of beautiful colorful explosions. The sky was like a dark void and the fireworks served as the colorful lights that illuminated the sky above.

I looked down and saw the crystal clear water from the pool reflected the rainbow fireworks above. The pool served as a mirror. It looked really beautiful, breath-taking even.

"Akaashi-san!" Katsumi yelled through the loud explosions so I could hear her. I turned to her and tilted my head to the side.

She brought her hand up, like she was waiting for a high-five or something though it wasn't up high in the air. Her hand was at her chest-level. 

I just blinked at her hand in confusion. I looked at her with a puzzled expression.

Katsumi chuckled as she grabbed my left hand and pressed it against her right hand.

I could feel the softness and the warmth of my hand from my palm. It felt fluffy and it made me want to intertwine my fingers with her.

Her hand was tiny against mine. Her palm was smaller and her fingers were shorter and slender than mine.

This small gesture made my cheeks taint with the slight pink and my heart beating wildly inside my chest.

"I heard from Nii-chan your hands are bigger than his." Katsumi said as she eyed our palms touching.

She looked straight into my eyes and smiled widely. "Your hand is really warm."

"T-that's obviously because of my body heat." I answered, my the beating of my heart going more faster.

"Stop talking like Kuroo-san." she chuckled as she slapped my arm using her free hand.

I just forced a laugh at the sudden mention of Kuroo's name.

The fireworks were still going on. A loud explosion erupted as green colored light and fire boomed in the sky.

It caught Katsumi's attention as she looked up in the sky in pure admiration, her face was sparkling as she gasped at the magnificent burst of colors. Her golden orbs reflected the lights dancing in the sky which added beauty to her two deep golden pools.

Katsumi turned back to me and smiled widely at me. "Look! The pool is reflecting the fireworks!"

I smiled back as she turned her head to stare at the pool filled with colors from the rainbow. She was sparkling, her face, her eyes, and even everything about her. My heart swelled in pure happiness and deep affection, thumping wildly against my ribcage.

Katsumi suddenly intertwined our fingers together. It caught me by surprise which made my cheeks hot and my pulse faster.

Unexpectedly, she suddenly pulled me along with her as she jumped into the water.

We both fell in the pool, the cold water surprising my warm body which made me shivered slightly.

Our heads were underwater and the two of us let our heads out of the water in search of air our lungs needed.

I took in a huge gasp of air. My whole body was wet and I ran my fingers through my damp hair to get it off my face. Though, some of my baby hair stick to my forehead. 

Katsumi also took in a huge mouthful of air as she giggled and she swept the damp long hair sticking onto her face.

I just looked emptily at her as she kept on giggling.

"Katsumi-san, we don't have a change of clothes." I told her. "Oh shit, you're right."

I just facepalmed as she put a hand on against her lips as she mumbled, "Oops."

I took a look at her. Even though it was dark, I could slightly see her.

Katsumi's whole body was wet, and of course her clothes as well. She looked gorgeous and sexy in that wet look.

The damp uniform were now slightly transparent, it was showing her inner skin and underwear. Since she was wearing a skirt, its hem was slowly floating upward due to the lack of gravity in the water.

I looked away, my cheeks in deep red. I pointed at the water as I cleared my throat as I mumbled, "Y-your clothes are... ehem..."

She seemed to understand what I meant so she quickly brought the hem of her skirt down and buttoned her wet school coat to hide the transparency of the white-collared uniform. 

"T-thanks..." she mumbled. I knew it was now safe to look back at her and so I did. She was now the one looking away, her cheeks were tainted red.

I just smiled softly as I put a hand on her head. I could feel the warmth from her head and the wetness of her unique hair. "Well next time, don't just jump into the pool."

She looked down as she nodded her head, slightly pouting her lips. Katsumi looked up into the sky where the fireworks were still firing. She quickly recovered by just looking at it and grabbed both of my hands as she pulled me to the middle of the pool.

The two of us got in the middle of the pool, the water level reached up to my stomach and while it reached up until Katsumi's chest.

"Look, the water around us is reflecting the fireworks!" she smiled widely at me, still not letting go of my hands. She looked around at the water around us, "Pretty..."

I did what she was doing. The water we were swimming in indeed reflected the fireworks which showcased lots of colors above, different shades of color swimming with us. Our movements made ripples in the water which made series of rainbow-colored waves around. It was breath-taking. 

Katsumi was looking up at the sky now, admiring the once dark sky now filled with burst of colored fire. She was still holding on to my hands.

So, I decided to place her hands on my shoulders as I put my hands around her waist, pulling her slightly closer to my body. 

I noticed that she really had a thin and slender waist. It felt firm to my touch, but it was soft at the same time. 

Katsumi was taken by surprise by what I did. She looked at me with widened blinking eyes. I said in a soft but audible voice, "This is okay, right?"

Katsumi just looked down as she nodded her head a little. I withdrew one of my hand from holding her waist and I used it to grab her face. I raised her face so that her eyes would met mine. 

"Just watch the fireworks." I leaned my lips close to her ear as I told her this in the softest voice I could muster. "If it's uncomfortable, you can let me go."

"I-it's not uncomfortable, it's just..." she trailed off as I leaned back and removed my hand from her face and brought it back to her slender waist. She shook it off as she brought her eyes to the sky instead.

Katsumi quickly recovered from probably embarrassment for her face lit up once again. Instead of watching the fireworks show, I just stared at her side profile.

Her golden eyes were shinning for the bright light above reflected it beautifully. Her eyes now have all the colors in the rainbow instead of the usual golden yellow color. 

Her long hair was now slightly dry but it was still damp. She had wavy long hair but because of the moisture inside, it made her hair seem straight. Her light grey hair magnificently blended with the black streaks in it.

Her cheeks were rosy and I knew it wasn't because of make-up, hers was natural. It looked soft and smooth as a single drop of water slid from it. 

Her lips were curved into smile. Her lips was thin and it still looked soft and fluffy. I wanted to feel her lips against mine someday, I wondered how soft they would be to my touch.  

If someone would ask me "How would you describe Katsumi in one word?", I would definitely and immediately answer,

Radiance.

And that's because Katsumi brought light to my world filled with darkness. She filled my dark void with that radiance of hers in the smiles she always shows me that I came to adore so much. 

Katsumi made me like this. Katsumi has spilled me with so many light that it was already blinding me. Katsumi filled my empty heart with so much happiness and affection. 

"She's my radiance." I thought.

"Katsumi-san," I started, the fireworks were still going on. She turned her head towards me and her orbs met mine. Now, her eyes reflected an image of me instead of the fireworks above. "I like you."

One final burst of firework and explosion had filled the sky. It was the last one fired off and now the dark sky went back to normal and silence filled our ears.

Katsumi just stared at me, her eyes slightly widened and her mouth gaping. I could feel my heart hitting my rib cage so hard that made it harder to breath and intense heat in my cheeks and ears tainted in deep red. 

We just looked at each other for few moments. I was still waiting for her answer with a wild-beating heart, bright red blush on my entire body, and the insides of my stomach flipping. 

Katsumi smiled widely at me at the same time a firework erupted in the skies once again. 

"I feel the same." she half-shouted. I let out a nervous breath I didn't know I was holding back in. But my heart was still in a rampage and it felt like my whole body was shaking.

She tiptoed as she brought her lips close to my ear, her body was now closer to mine, "I like the fireworks, too."

My eyes widen at that as I felt slight pain piercing through my heart. She looked at me with a huge smile as she turned her head to the sky again to watch the fireworks. 

I just blinked a few times before I smiled sadly. I sighed as I looked up too. There was pain inside of me but I ignored it, I tried to.

I guess I'll confess again some other time....

SOME MEMES AND PICTURES TO CURE YOUR POOR HEARTEU AFTER THIS UPDATE T^T:

oKAY! LET ME EXPLAIN. I have a lot to say so listen up! Or read, ugh, whatever.

First of all, I feel like I disappointed you all. To be honest, I'm disappointed at myself too like "WHY YOU LITTLE SHIT GONNA BE LIKE THAT?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?" so no worries cause me too happen to hate myself as well. 

But I guess it's okay because I'm a...

Okay no, it's definitely not okay. I hurt my little uwu Akaashi (boo, I'm really sorry) but hey, this is for the sake of the plot line. I hope you can understand. Again, I'm really sorry! 

And don't worry, I'll make sure that next time Akaashi can REALLY acquire Katsumi this time for real. Just trust me and keep on reading ;)). I know that's what I said last time, just, JUST, trust me please I beg you. 

Second, I hope you listened to the heartfelt audio I put in. It's just, when I first heard it I thought it was perfect for that scene. The song might sound sad but yes, it's really beautiful and it fitted the scene perfectly.

Though, I tried finding an english track for this but I couldn't find a suitable one for the heartbreaking scene I made, so as my weeb insides desire, I found a perfect weaboo audio. Hope, you can forgive me.

Third, the next chapter is gonna be filled with so much cuteness (I hope). For just one chapter, Akaashi won't be the one narrating. Would like to take a guess who? Well go on, no one's stopping you. 

If you could guess it who, you'll have a wonderful surprise! The winner takes all! The winner takes Akaashi's thighs!

Nah I'm kidding of course. As if I'll cut off his legs so just I could give it to you.

Just expect the chapter is filled with, yes, cuteness and definitely crack and some random shit once again. You shouldn't be surprised by now.

I hope you could forgive me for making this heart breaking monster chapter. I've been writing this for four days T^T, oh God I feel so tired someone save me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 18.3K 19
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 she's just a normal second year high school girl who fell in love with fukurodani's setter. The vice-captain & dropdead gorgeous...
18K 705 75
Bokuto never thought he had a soulmate, and he was okay with it. Well, he was mostly okay with it. Like, 50% okay. He didn't mind that no markings wo...
233K 6.3K 23
You are Bokuto's younger sister and are pretty much like him. You've always wondered how Akaashi ever put up with him. As Bokuto goes on to graduate...
375K 14K 24
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 𝗒/𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗄𝖺𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗇'𝗌 𝗌𝗐𝗂𝗆 𝗅𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝖽𝗂𝗅𝖿! 𝖺𝗄𝖺𝖺�...