PUNKS VERIFIED✅

By Macedonia2901

Kikiopefoluwa is a smart, outgoing and brilliant girl who had five friends; the ever stupid Bimpe, ever fooli... More

Hii
CAST
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
NEW BOOK ALERT

chapter 5

531 171 46
By Macedonia2901

Guys please, I got nominated in the Nigeria Readers choice awards and I want you to nominate me under the 'best frequently updated writer's🙏🙏Here is the link https://my.w.tt/sYi4RRqDT7. Thanks 💖

KIKIOPE

After pasting the new article on the school's notice board, other students walked up to the board while I left for our rendezvous with Bimpe. Every Wednesdays which was like the social day in JANU College, I pasted articles or short story on our notice board being the chief editor of our press club and automatically the assistant head of the literary and debating club while Bimpe was also an assistant too even though we didn't join it, but we were the school representative after all.

"We're back," I announced to Abee and Kunmi who were already seated.

Immediately Bimpe and I had our seat, Doyin and Khalid appeared.

"Hey," they greeted in unison, they just got back from the JETs class, Khalid sat on his usual seat which was opposite me while Doyin sat by me. We were all 'stabbing' plot today not like we do go in the first place.

"Aunty, bring out the food na," Kunmi shouted and I rolled my eyes before bringing out the coolers.

Quickly, Kunmi dragged the first cooler to their side and I stopped him halfway.

"That's for we girls," I told him, and he looked at me as if I'd grown horns.

"Why is it different from our own?" Khalid inquired and I pursed my lips before turning to the girls, and we exchanged glances  'e ma wo awon eleyi sha'.

"Don't tell me there's additional something in your own," Abee guessed.

"Exactly, that's the reason," Doyin told him before dragging the cooler from Kunmi who was trying so hard to not let go but Doyin was stronger than him, she was an athlete who ran marathon race too and I believe that made her stronger.

The guys grumbled as they collected their cooler while we stuck out our tongues at them. I'd intentionally added more chickens into the girls cooler while the guys had only three chickens in theirs.

"I only appreciate the jollof rice," Khalid started.

"Me too, you know we love chickens and you gave us only one," Abee added.

"Oga oo, even though we all love your jollof rice more than anything, you should have complimented it with good chickens, imagine, she gave us two legs and the ori of the adiye while they took the laps and other fleshy part," Kunmi concluded. I'd always known he was more than jerky.

Doyin, Bimpe and I erupted into a mocking laughter.

Seconds later, Doyin replied"If you don't want the leg and head…"

"We're available," Bimpe completed, and we bursted into laughter while the guys eyed us.

Minutes later, the bell was jingled for assembly, luckily, we'd finished the meal, so, Bimpe and I just stood up to return the bag to our class while others went to the assembly.

When we got to the assembly, other students were making noise and the Prefects were finding it hard to control them, it wasn't long before Ọyọndẹkun as our civics teacher was popularly called appeared on the podium, that woman's breast ehn, it was like a mountain, very big and full that it even rested on her stomach, main reason she was nicknamed Oyondekun by we JANU Icons before it became a thing for everyone, but she wasn't aware though, most mocking names were always invented by we JANU Icons.

"Everybody go down!" She ordered and everyone obeyed but not without everyone replying "Low!!" it was somehow like a thing on the assembly, most times it was always conducted on our kneels.

"Where is the chapel prefect?" She turned to the Chief Comportment officer girl who was resting on one of the pillars on the assembly. That Chief Compo ehn, let me not talk.

"I guess she's not around," she replied in that her foolish fake American accent that always irritated me, she knows better than to say it whenever she was in front of me sha.

"Wow, chapel prefect is absent from school, who will conduct the assembly?" She asked no one in particular as her eyes roamed about before I heard, "Kikiopefoluwa."

Wait, wait, did this woman just call me to conduct the assembly? I was the only one with the name in the whole school so, she was definitely referring to me but on a Wednesday?

Bimpe tapped me and I got up from my kneeling position before standing up leaving only me on my stand in the whole school apart from the teachers and prefects of course. I walked up to the podium and climbed the stairs before standing in front of the whole school, looking at different heads with the population of over a thousand students, yeah, that's how much we were, the whole school combined was over three thousand, not like I hadn't conducted the assembly before but it was never on a Wednesday. What will I do now? What does she start with on a Wednesday gan?

Seconds later, I collected the microphone from the school engineers who were also students then I remembered before instructing them to bring out the school's songs of praise(SOP). Then everything went on well, when it was time for the anthem, they were ordered to get on their feet but would surely go back to the kneeling position after the anthem.

When it was time for the SSS3 to give their speech, I went back to my line before joining my mates, Bimpe pinched me and I wanted to retaliate but the voice of one of those seniors who started the introduction of her speech hindered me as I turned to focus.

Wednesdays speech were always the most interesting and fun-filled 'cause it do include short stories and even songs but the other weekdays were mostly boring except if some students doesn't show up or end up stuttering.

After it had been announced that lessons would be start by the following Monday, everyone groaned before leaving the assembly. Lessons meant getting home by five in the evening.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

"Look at them, won a fe do yin paa," Our Yoruba teacher known as Oluko said to Bimpe and I as she walked into the class, she'd actually met us playing with Tunde and his friend a.k.a Choki, he was nicknamed Choki because he looked like Choki in that horror film.

She eyed us before walking to the front of the class while Bimpe and I eyed her in return though she didn't see us, the woman was just like Ìyá Ìbón, always poking her nose in other people's business, no wonder she was her closest friend.

"Class, greet!" Longwire ordered and we all stood up.

"E kaasan Oluko wa, se daada le de, ajinde ara a maa je o (Good afternoon our teacher, hope you had a good trip? May your health be replenished)."

"Ase oya Ejoko (Amen, have your seat)."

We all sat down, and she dropped her lesson note on the teachers table before picking up the marker as she wrote the topic on the board, 'Igbeyawo'.

Soon she started the explanation as everyone started smiling or laughing, one thing about her was her skill to engage students, her class was always interesting.

"Now let me say this in English too because of some people, that Ibale is for you girls, it's just a pity that it isn't really taking place any longer, maybe your brain will still be intact, most of you have lost your virginity, imagine, at what age? But, you children of nowadays are nothing to write home about, it's only dating you know, just like I told Bimpe and Kikiope then…"

Wait, did this woman just mention our names? Abi, something is wrong with this woman nii, Bimpe and I exchanged glances as she continued, "They were playing with all those stupid guys then and were laughing, o n dun mo won, apparently awon iyen tin fi zobo ati chin chin tan won." Everybody erupted into laughter.

Bimpe and I clapped sarcastically, "E e eh."

"So, playing with a guy now makes one lose her virginity abii?" Bimpe asked with a disdainful look.

"I don't know for her ooo."

She kept on talking while others laughed till the bell was jingled to signal the end of her class and our Literature teacher who was already staying by the window entered the class as she left. Oga oo, they don't want us to rest sha but thank goodness, it was an interesting subject.

After the normal greetings, the class started fully, we were to read our Literature text, Fences, so, Precious jumped to the front alongside Pimples factory, I just don't understand why a guy would have pimples and the ode doesn't even know his place, always toasting every girl he comes across.

They were both playing the role of Rose and Troy in Fences, Rose being Troy's second wife in the book just made me imagine Precious as Pimples factory's second wife. After the instruction of the teacher, they started the reading, minutes later, Aunty Mary as she was fondly called proceeded to explain.

"Ehn, I've marked your assignment and Kikiope's own is best, which earns her an additional five marks to your test" She announced and my face broke into a grin.

"Kikiope, you really tried with that drama, are you in love nii?" She joked and I smiled, it was on the theme 'love' and I titled the book Eternal love.

"Anyway, you're going to play Madonna and Tunde should play Temiloluwa."

What? I never even bargained to play a role, anyway, it was my book and I deserved to play the lead role.

"Every one of you must play a role or else there's no mark for you, just go and meet Kikiope to give you a role and start the practice immediately, don't forget you guys would be presenting on the assembly next week, Kikiope come and have your book when you're done," she concluded before leaving the class as noise filled the whole class before other students started to come to me to ask for a role.

We were just fifty-one in my class and the major role in the book wasn't up to that so, most people will just play market women or passer-by, amebo and the likes.

"I don't even understand why we have to play a role in this goat's book," Abimbola started as I entered the class with Bimpe after collecting my book from aunty Mary.

"It's not compulsory," I eyed her before sitting.

Nnena then turned to me, "What roles do you have left?"

"Like five more roles."

"Okay oo, which one will I play?" that was Abimbola and I scoffed.

She eyed me and I smirked before replying, "The Best role for you is that of the antagonist, she goes by the name Kristine and you even fit her, but she died at the end sha."

She rolled her eyes and pursed her lips, opening her mouth to talk, Nnena beat her to it, "What of me?"

Bimpe and I shared a look before Bimpe responded, "What else? You're Abimbola's best friend and that makes you Kristine's best friend too."

"I can't believe I'm already directing the script I wrote," I turned to Bimpe while smiling sheepishly.

"Your dream is already coming true."

They both groaned before turning to the front. The bell was soon jingled and Ìyá Ìbón walked in. Oh no!

Her class went by like a blur and then it was time for our second break before socials; club and societies precisely.

"Guys, don't you think we should not go to the academic-related club and society today," Doyin started, and we all fixed our gaze on her.

"I agree," Abee said and I rolled my eyes.

"You'll surely agree to whatever she says," Kunmi voiced out my thoughts and I gave him a thumbs up.

"But going to other fun filled clubs is good too,"  Bimpe added.

"Don't forget we didn't register in their clubs," Khalid said, talking for the first time since we all came to the rendezvous.

Doyin waved her palm, "Ko mean jare."

"If we even want to go, which one will we go to?" I inquired.

"Maybe dress-making," she shrugged and I laughed before Bimpe made me stop laughing.

"Don't forget, I was somehow in dress-making club in SSS1 and don't forget I learnt it at home too making me a full fledged fashion designer," she boasted, and we all eyed her. Well, she was really a full-fledged fashion designer, abi, seamstress gan,  considering the fact that she sew most of our teachers clothes and even students clothes during the inter- house sports or any party held in school.

"Okay, what of garri-making?" Abee suggested.

"Who will stay with fire and Garri? Abeg, me I'm not going there ooo." Khalid said and we all laughed.

" School Choir then," I suggested and the guys scowled at me, well, they were all Muslims while we girls were Christians, but they were good dancers sha, and we were good singers too.

"Music club is the best," Kunmi said, and we all snapped our heads to him, well, it was the best if we wanted to catch fun as dancers and singers, it was best to go there, we'll surely listen to several hip- hops, raps and the likes.

"You didn't remember that one since abi?" Khalid countered and Kunmi shook his head. In the end, we all went to the music club.

Hours later, the school closed for the day and AY was already around, so we had to go home early.

An hour later, after I'd taken my shower and decided to do my assignments, I heard the sound from my iPad; the one that had been given to me last term when I won the Dino Silas Public speaking contest.

"Hey," a wide smile appeared on my face as my elder sister's face, Moye popped up.

"Is that not my tank top?" Moye shouted and I rolled my eyes.

"At least you'll greet me na, you sha want the whole world to know I wore your tank top," I  snorted while eyeing her, and she eyed me in return.

"I've warned you to stop wearing my clothes but you won't listen, I think I'll just pack all my clothes to school."

I pursed my lips before responding, "When it's not as if you're getting married, you that you're meant to be happy that you have a younger sister that wears your cloths, don't forget your younger siblings are all boys."

She scoffed before rolling her eyes, "Sorry oo, younger sister, anyway, the younger brothers even reminded me of what happened yesterday, can you believe my step-mom visited me?"

My eyes widened at this, it was a huge surprise to me, Moye's step-mom never liked her, infact she'd maltreated Moye during her stay with her until our Mom, Mama D found out and went back to claim her daughter, so, Moye had a step-mom just like me too, we were both the ones caught up in the mess without our fathers being responsible. They were only responsible to their other kids, my dad was only a father to Abimbola and Abimbare while Moye's dad was only a father to Moye's younger brothers. We were the illegitimate ones though at first my mom was married to Moye's dad but they ended up getting divorced two years after their marriage after he cheated on her with Moye's stepmom and even got married to her. He…

"Hais!" Moye snapped me out of my thoughts.

I turned to her with a small smile, "Sorry, I zoned out, so, why did she come?"

Moye adjusted her sitting position on her bed before replying, "She was like she visited someone around our school and decided to check up on me, she even brought me foodstuffs and even gave me some money."

My eyes widened again, it was more than a big surprise, "Hmm, that's good but are you sure that woman doesn't want something? Hope she didn't put anything in the foodstuffs she brought?" I smirked.

Moye chuckled, "She dare not, she'll just kill herself nii."

I laughed heartily at this before she interrupted.

"So, how has everything been? When last did Mama D come home?"

"She came home three days ago and even slept at home."

Moye raised her brows, "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm, hope you don't bring all your stupid boyfriends home sha?"

I rolled my eyes and pouted, "You're not okay, do I look like I care about any guy except my friends of course."

"Hmm, you're still your stupid self sha, still doing like a saint with your stupid stone heart, like are you not going to get married?"

"See the way she's even talking as if it's not just two months ago you left home, anyway, marriage is not in my priority."

Her eyes almost popped out of its socket, "You're not okay, why won't you get married?"

"Wo, please, is it a must niii, forget about that one jare, ehn, lest I forget, do you know your boyfriend's family just completed their house, can you believe it's that house in front of ours?"

She picked some groundnuts from her side, threw it into her mouth before replying, "Wow, Tunji never told me, so, you would have met his younger brother right? You sha know Tunde?"

I nodded in accordance, "Yeah, he was even the first person that saw me on Sunday when I just got back from church, he even attends JANU now and he's in my class."

She clapped, "Wow, that's nice, maybe you can like that one?"

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time, "Abegi."

"That's how you'll be saying, if love hits you hard now, the story will be different."

"Which one is love?" I punctuated it with a hiss before I heard the bang of the door and then Mama D's voice calling my name.

"Moye, it seems Mom is at the door, like she actually thought of coming home today," I uttered in surprise as I proceeded to stand up.

"I'm sure she only came to pick something, anyway, Tunji is already calling me."

I raised my brows, "Hmm, the two of you should continue deceiving yourself, I'm sure…"

She hung up before I could complete the sentence and I chortled before inching my way out of the room.

After opening the door for Mama D and exchanging greetings, she went straight to her room while I went back to mine, minutes later, she called out my name to lock the door. Apparently, she only came to pick something just like Moye predicted.

After locking the door, I sighed heavily before walking back to my silent room, the whole house was silent and even the whole street, I picked up my jukebox and tuned to 'Pawon' by Olamide, with it blasting around the whole room, I started my assignments while dancing on the seat.

Thanks for reading
What do you think about this chapter?
Remember to vote, comment and share with your friends.
Don't forget to nominate me in the Nigeria Readers choice Awards💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 11.4K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
257K 79.9K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
6.6K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...
34.1K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...