𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐰𝐨 �...

By golden5sauce

Jamie wants nothing more than be accepted by her parents. She's tired of being the black sheep. Her attempt t... More

Disclaimer
Cast
Chapter One| Jamie
Chapter Two| Lucas
Chapter Three| Jamie
Chapter Four| Lucas
Chapter Five| Jamie
Chapter Six| Lucas
Chapter Seven| Jamie
Chapter Eight| Lucas
Chapter Nine| Jamie
Chapter Ten| Lucas
Chapter Twelve| Lucas
Chapter Thirteen| Jamie
Chapter Fourteen| Lucas
Chapter Fifteen| Jamie
Chapter Sixteen| Lucas
Chapter Seventeen| Jamie
Chapter Eighteen| Lucas
Chapter Nineteen| Jamie
Chapter Twenty| Lucas
Chapter Twenty-One| Jamie
Chapter Twenty-Two| Lucas
Chapter Twenty-Three| Jamie
Chapter Twenty-Four| Lucas
Chapter Twenty-Five| Jamie
Twenty-Six| Lucas
Twenty-Seven| Jamie
Twenty-Eight| Lucas
Twenty-Nine| Jamie
Thirty | Lucas
Thirty-One| Jamie
Thirty-Two| Lucas
Thirty-Three| Jamie

Chapter Eleven| Jamie

320 11 0
By golden5sauce

Rider and I grabbed lunch together, and I can feel stares burn into the back of my head. There's a rumor going around that I'm fucking Rider and Lucas. I'm labeled the new school slut. Some girls even compared me to Victoria. I overheard them in the bathroom, that's where most of the gossip happens around here. The thing is no one has asked me about it; they're just assuming. I've never expressed any romantic feelings to either of them, so I don't know why anyone thinks that. It's frustrating, and even if I did half the things they are saying, why should it matter to them. It's not affecting them whatsoever, but yet they feel like they have a say in my life.

I roll my eyes, trying to block out the girls staring and talking about me in the corner of the cafeteria. Just because I have more guy friends doesn't mean I'm fucking them. The same was for back home; Maria was my only female friend. People assume things about me at my last school, too, except they had the guts to confront me about it. None of this, whisper spreading rumors like STDs shit.

Rider interrupts my aggravated thoughts by asking me on a date again. This is the fifth time since I've met him. He just won't drop it, why does he want to go out with me so bad. It can't be just sex at this point.

"Rider..." I sigh about to reject him again.

"Look just one date. If you don't feel anything, then I'll never ask you out again. Promise."

"Fine, just one date."

I hope he keeps his promise if this date sucks. We plan for Saturday night, and I give him the address for my aunt's house to pick me up.

***

"I still can't believe that you're going on a date with that skunk." I snorted at Sophie's comment.

I add a leave-in conditioner to my curls, making them soft and juicy. I try my best to maintain my natural hair; I don't use relaxers and rarely use heat unless it's for important events. I trimmed my hair an inch last week, but I kind of want to cut it into a bob. I decided against it, though, not sure if I'd like it and then regretting it for the next year while it grows back.

"Just because people say he's a player doesn't mean it's true. Most of the things said about him are rumors."

I try to reason with her as I brush my hair and put it into a sleek high bun. I smile when successfully done with my hair and move to my makeup. I do a subtle brown eyeshadow look putting a darker brown in the crease of my eyes then a lighter brown on the lids making sure the colors blend nicely together. I apply brown lip gloss because I hate matte lipsticks. My lips always feel dry or crack even when I put on chapstick beforehand.

"Most? Do you think some of the rumors you hear are true?" She questions.

"Well, yes and no, because some seem reasonable, but some I know couldn't be true."

I heard he smokes, that could be true because I saw him with a joint. I also heard that he is gay, and that's not true because he wouldn't ask me out on this date tonight. Well, unless he's bi or is still in the closet.

I slip on my black jacket and boots. Then grab a belt from my closet and weave it around my waist. My look needs some jewelry, I thought, before adding some gold earrings and rings. Finally, I spray one of my Victoria Secret perfumes on me, finishing up.

"But what about him being a massive man whore?" A knock on the door pauses our conversation.

"Look, I'll go on this date and tell you if he is. If you're right, then I'll buy you any ice cream you want." She thought for a moment as I applied one last coat of mascara.

"Alright, but be careful." I nod and give her a quick hug before grabbing my purse and opening the front door. "Hey, you look lovely," Rider says as I walk out.

"Thanks," I smile as he walks me to his car and opens the door for me before rushing back to the driver's side. "So, where are we going?" He starts the engine and pulls out of the driveway.

"I thought we could go and get some pizza then go watch a movie." I nod and get comfortable in the leather passenger seat.
"That's fine with me."

A popular song from a Jay Z album plays quietly in the background as he drives. The sun is setting, painting the sky with orange and fuchsia swirls. A few cigarettes sit in the ashtray in his mustang. There's a faint smell of smoke, but the pine tree scented car freshener washes over the stench. He rolls his window halfway down, letting the fresh air run through the vehicle. I take in all the sounds we drive by kids playing tag, a baby crying, an old couple bickering, birds chirping, obnoxious music from cars driving by us. After a few minutes, we arrived at the restaurant, Mario's. The restaurant reminded me of an old pizzeria in New York; I doubt the pizza is as good, though. We order a small half cheese and half pepperoni pizza and two Sprites.

"So, what do you plan to do after high school?" He inquires. "Well, I would like to major in theatre. What about you?"

"Well, my dad wants me to become a lawyer like my brother, but I don't want to be a lawyer." He confesses. "Well, what do you want to do?" I question.

"I don't know."

The waiter came and gave us our pizza. I tell him how he will find out soon. We talk about our past, like how I was back in New York and how he was always compared by his big brother.

"Yeah, I know how you feel my parents always compare me to my big sister, Renee," I add.

"Don't you hate when—" He was cut off by a man's voice. "Jamie, is that you?"

When I turn around, it is Austin. "Hey, Austin, what are you doing here?" I utter with shock.

"The guys and I were having band practice, and we got hungry, so I came here to get some pizza."

"Couldn't you just have ordered it?"

Why come all up here to bring it back? It seems like much more of a hassle.

"The guys didn't have enough money, so I had to go to the ATM to get cash, but then I saw this place." I nod and realize Rider is sitting here awkwardly. "Oh I'm sorry, Austin this is Rider."

"Nice to meet you, Rider. Well, I have to go, see you, Jamie," he grabs his pizza and goes. "He seems nice." Rider says as he leaves.

"Yeah, he is."

"He said something about a band, so what band is he in?"

"They're called The Walking Rejects. You should check them out. The other members go to our school."

"Really, who?" He finishes up his soda.

"Do you know Cameron Harris, Micah Stewart, and Lucas Cross?" I asked as I finished my last slice of pizza. I wipe my face of pizza sauce and crumbs before putting my jacket back on. We get up from our booth and leave the restaurant.

"I know them. I didn't think they would be in a band. In your honest opinion, do you think they're any good?" He asks me as we start walking to the movie theater.

"Honestly, they are amazing, and I love their music. I think you would like it." He hums, nodding his head. I can't tell what he's thinking right now. He seems to let me in a little bit at a time. I want to know what's under this bad boy because I believe it's all an act.

"So, what do you want to see tonight, beautiful?" My cheeks heat up. Since I've moved here, I've been called beautiful more times than my entire lifetime. I looked at the movie choices; they were mostly movies that have been out for a while, but one stuck out to me.

"How about Us?"

I remember Lucas said he saw it, and it was fantastic. Plus, been dying to see it just not alone. I wanted to see it before moving here, but hate going to the movie theaters alone. Maria was constantly with her boyfriend so I never got to watch it while it was in theaters nor did I want to spend money to rent it.

I wonder what Lucas is doing now, and did Austin tell him I am on a date?

"Us it is?" He grins.

The opening scene had me hooked and on my seat, as I watched. This movie makes you question so many things and leaves multiple points unanswered. Us is a movie I'll certainly replay again and analyze everything. Rider holds my hand during the film, and I let him even though I wished he wouldn't have for the entire movie, my hands were getting sweaty, and my arm fell asleep. The popcorn wasn't entirely enjoyable, either. Afterward, we couldn't stop discussing the ending of the film.

"I had a great time tonight?" I tell him as he stops in front of my house. I didn't have a terrible night; the talk at the pizza place was great. At the movies, I only enjoyed the film, not Rider's company.

"Yeah me too, we should do this again soon?" I did have an okay time, but I don't want to continue with Rider after tonight.

"Yeah, I had a good time, bu—" he interrupts.

"You just want to be friends?" His eyes are dimmer than a minute before.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. "

"It's alright. I shouldn't have pushed, I know you like Lucas." Huh? I raise my eyebrows in shock. I don't make it obvious, do I?

"How did you know it was Lucas?"

He explains he saw Lucas and I talking before he called me over yesterday. I apparently had this look in my eyes, he tried to ignore it, but he could tell I had feelings for him.

"I'm sorry. I did have a great time, though?" I reply as I start walking away feeling bad. I hope he doesn't have strong feelings for me; I'd hate for there to be awkward tension between us.

When I get into my house, I see Sophie on the couch. "You know you didn't have to stay here," I tell her as I sit down next to her.

"I wanted to hear about your date with Rider?" She speaks with disgust. I think she just wants to hear if she was right about him.

"Well, it was alright. He wasn't a skunk-like you said."

"He didn't try to get into your pants?" She gasps. "Maybe he realized he was gay."

"What do you mean?" I can sense she might be joking, but her face looks genuinely serious.

"Well, he didn't even try to kiss you, come on your smoking hot even I would have tried to kiss you." I burst out a laugh and playfully shoved her.

"I think he was about to when we were in his car until he figured out that I like Lucas," I blurted, not realizing what I said until after it left my mouth.

"What did you say?"

Her face brightens, wanting to know every detail of tonight. I was the same when she had her first date with Micah. I tell her when I first started having feelings for Lucas and why he can't ever know. She told me she suspected it but wanted me to confirm it.

"Okay, do you want to get some ice cream? I'll buy it because I was wrong?" I smile, then nod. We went to Sophie's car then went to Baskin Robbins.

"You never told me what did happen between you and Lucas a few days ago?" She mumbles as she takes a bite of her mint chocolate ice cream, and I take one of my cookies and cream.

He tried to tell me to stay away from Rider. I was pissed how he was budding in my business and haven't talked to him since. I'm not mad anymore, but he really shouldn't be telling me what to do.

Then I remember something on my date with Rider. "Oh no, what if Austin told Lucas I was on a date with Rider?"

Lucas was outraged at the idea a week ago. I know he wanted to protect him, and he has an extreme hatred for Rider, so he'll be furious if he found out.

"How would Austin know?"

I told her we were at the Mario's when Austin came up to talk to us and said he was hanging out with the guys. I mentally slap myself for being shortsighted. Of course, he is going to tell Lucas, and he might not talk to me again.

"Well, why don't you just call Lucas and tell him. I'm sure he will understand the pointless date with Rider." She suggests, and I grab my phone from my purse. I scroll down to Luke's contact as soon as I'm about to press the call button; he texts me.

Luke: We need to talk now!

✤✤✤✤✤✤

The title is now called F is for Friend instead of Castaway.

Keep voting and commenting!

Love you guys💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 33.6K 118
Eighteen year old Emmy Porter doesn't know what to do with her life. Fresh out of education, she's got the world at her feet, but isn't sure what to...
38.2K 1.6K 27
Amanda, would never have thought that she will end up married to a stranger not to mention over a one night stand she barely remembers. She is now fa...
1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
105K 3K 82
He's recovering, is lead vocalist and guitar(and good with many other instruments) in a band with his friends, has tattoos, a lip piercing, blue eyes...