My New Home

By TVreviewer

After suffering abuse from her dad and having to bounce from foster home to foster home, Carrie Hudson has be... More

1: Meeting The Anderson Boys
3: Fist Night
4: Morning!
5: Adler Highschool
6: Practice
7: Workout
8: Little League (short)
9: Girl's Day Out!
10: True Intentions
11: Liam And Charlotte?
12: Brandy's Check In
13: Mrs. Anderson
14: Rainy Days (Short)
15: Comfort
16: Brent's Cookies
17: House Party
18: I'm Fine
19: Standing My Ground
20: Talking About It
21: Hard Times (short)
22: Losing And Winning In A Thin Line (short)
23: Friday Night Game
24: Get Ready With Me (short)
25: First Date
26: Fishing With Eric
27. Welcome Back
10k Special: Fun Facts And Secret Info
28. Rendezvous MinusοΏΌ The Sexy Parts
29. Father Figures
30. Dads Of Different Kinds
31. Daddy Dearest
32. Love Hurts
33. Mall Brats
34. Meals and Melodrama
35. Car Forplay
36. Brother Battle
37. Dudes Liking Dudes (short)
38. "NORMAL"
39. Nana
40. Totally Not A Filler Chapter
41. Partners....With Him?!
42. Babysitting The Boys
43. "I do not judge you"
44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame
45. The Reeds
46. Brothers Love
47. Breakfast & Besties
48. Benji, My Brother.
49. Father vs. Dad
Extra Notes: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
50. OWEN I
51. Quiet Drive
52. Hotel Hopping
53. Razor Sharp Tension
54. Owen II (Part One)
55. OWEN II (Part Two)
56. Just Like Your Mother...
57. ERIC I
58. The Time Between
59. Numb I (3rd Person)
60. Numb II (3rd Person)
61. Numb III (3rd Person)
62. Feeling I
63. Feeling II
64. RG
65. Two Months Later - Beach Day
66. EPILOGUE - Adoption Day
MY NEW HOME SERIES & NEXT BOOKS

2: Family Dinner

8K 237 15
By TVreviewer

"Let me show you your new room." Hank said, I followed him upstairs and to new room or, if you look at it the way I do, Owen's old room.

He opened the door, revealing a blue painted walls room with a bed, a desk, a nightstand, and a dresser. I sat on my new bed and glanced up at Hank, he smiled and I looked away.

"Hank?" I question, he sits down next to me. "This was his room, right? Owen, I mean." He sighed. "Yeah it is, it was." My lip quivered and I tried to hide my emotions.

"Carrie, what's wrong?" He asked, I shook my head. "N, nothing." I stumbled out, I didn't want him to think I'm an emotional mess. "Oh, tell me. I'm here for you." I shrugged.

"It's just, I don't know. I feel like I don't belong here." He pursed his lips and tried to find the right words. "You do belong, what's this really about? Is it Owen, was he mean to you?"

I couldn't keep a straight face and he read me like a dictionary. "I told him to be nice." He looked so angry, this wasn't going to end well.

"Please don't say anything, he'll hate me even more." I plead, he gave me a kind and caring look. "He doesn't hate you, he's just confused." That was a bad lie.

"Why is he the only one confused then, all the other boys are nice. Hell, Benji called me his sister!" His expression brightened. "He did?! Oh, that's lovely!" I thought so too.

"Is he your favorite?" Hank asked, I giggled. "He's one of my favorite." He thought for a moment. "Let me guess, you like Eric right?" I nod, he's just so nice. "He's such a people person."

"I can tell, I wish he lived here." I said, Hank patted my back. "I feel that too, he lives a few miles away though." That's nice, there family is so close.

Hank checked his watch and his eyes went wide and he stood quickly. "I have to start dinner, my boys get crazy without food."

I stood like him and asked. "Do you want some help? I'm good at cooking." I offered, he gave me another smile.

"You settle into your new room, thank you though." He left and I looked through one of my many boxes in my room.

I was going through my clothes when a figure jump on me, I screamed and turned around. Benji was standing there, looking as shocked as I was.

"Benji, you can't just jump on people." He frowned and looked at his shoes. "Sorry, sis." I couldn't stay mad at him any longer. "Okay, I forgive you."

Another figure jumping into my room with a baseball bat shocked both me and Benji, he jumped in my arms and I realized it was Liam.

"What's wrong? I heard screaming!" He said, just as a way less concerned Luke came behind us. "She's fine, Benji screwed with her."

Benji looked sad again and I hugged him. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Benji's smile came back and it warmed my heart.

"Look, she's already picked her Anderson boy." Liam said, sitting on my new desk chair. "I'm disappointed you didn't pick me, I'm the best kid out them all." Luke added, sitting on my bed.

Okay, I guess I'm hanging out with them now. "Your all nice." I said, playing with Benji's almost brown hair, he seemed to like it.

"No one told me we were having a family meeting." Xander said, also walking into my room. Okay, wow everyone's joining the party. "This is a big kid talk." Liam said.

Xander looked at Benji who was slowly drifting off in my arms. "Your serious?! I'm four years older then him!" Xander plopped down on the floor next to me.

"So, why are you living with us?" Xander asked, Liam smacked his arm. "A little on the nose, don't you think!" He said, Xander tilted his head. Probably not knowing what he meant.

I sighed, I've explained to so many people my life story when I was at the foster home but this time would be different.

I wasn't talking to people in similar situations, I was talking to guys who've seemed to have it pretty good in life.

"Well Xander, I don't have a family like you." Xander furrowed his brow. "What happened to them? Your mom and dad?" I bit my lip, I hated talking about them.

I looked up at Liam, hoping he'd be able to help me out here. "Ah Xander that a little personal, maybe not ask that." Luke mumbled an "yes, what he said"

"I'd like to know." A voice said, I glanced up at the door to see Owen. "Dude, don't start this again." Luke warned, Owen didn't listen though.

"No, I want to know why she came into our lives. How are all of you okay with that?!" Owen shouted, I gulped and tried to keep my cool.

If I talk back, it'll only get worse. "Enough, Owen." Xander said, standing in front of him. He was so little compared to his brother.

"You all like her?! Why? She's ruining our lives." I felt some tears fall on my cheek and I hid them as best as I could but Benji noticed.

"Stop it, Owen! Your making her cry!" He exclaimed, kicking at his older brother. I sniffled, making it very clear that I was, in fact, crying.

"Dude, get out." Liam said, Owen gave me one last dirty look then left. "You okay?" Benji said, giving me a tissue. I took it and dabbed at my eyes.

"Yeah." I said unsteadily.

"Forget him, you've got us." Liam said, giving me a wide boy-ish smile. "Yeah, I don't hate you. Not that Owen hates you." Luke said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You guys are pretty great, better then any other kid I've known." I confess, Benji gave me a proud look. "I am the best, after all!"

Our sentimental-ish conversation was interrupted by Hank yelling. "Dinner!" And, like a switch went off on them, they all ran out of my room and downstairs.

Geez these boys must love to eat. Well, I do to so I can't blame them.

I walked downstairs, key word is walk, and stared at the dinning room table. There was so much food, like so much.

At all the foster homes I've been at and even Brandy's house, I had a set meal plan and I couldn't deviate from it so seeing all this was so awesome. I mean, I'm a food dork.

"Come sit next to me!" Benji said, I nodded and did so. The food in question was something, I've never had. Burgers and fries, and a lot of that stuff.

I wasn't allowed to eat greasy or fatty foods and burgers have both of those things, the smell was great though!

All the boys started grabbing food and cramming it in their mouth, it wasn't a pretty sight.

Hank saw my horrified expression and smiled. "They all play sports at school so they have huge appetites." He clarifies, putting a spoonful of fries and a burger on my plate. "Go on before one of the boys steals it from you." He said as he eat his own food.

I grabbed the burger, I smelt it and looked it over. "What're you doing?" Xander asked, staring at me. "Eating." I said, taking a small bite of it.

Oh my god, this is my new favorite food. It was so tasty, I finished it in like three bites and went on to the fries, which were just as good.

After finishing my food, I stood. Expecting dinner to be over but Hank stopped me. "Hold on, we don't just eat and leave." I slowly sit back down.

At the foster home that's what we do, I wonder what were about to do.

"She's going to be a part of this." Owen huffed, I still didn't know what hey meant. "She's a part of the family now." Hank said, I am?

"No she's not, not to me at least." Owen said, standing up and stumping off. "You are." Benji said, smiling up at me. "Thanks." I said.

"Back to our dinner table tradition, we go around the table and say one good thing that happened today." Hank explained. "You go first." He said, looking at me.

I thought for a minute, trying to find a good thing. "One good thing today is that I like it here, for the most part." I said the last part while looking at the place where Owen stormed off.

"Okay, that's great!" Hank said, clapping. "My turn!" Benji said, looking up at me. "One good thing is I have a sister now!" He gave me a hug and couldn't help but crack a grin.

This place really isn't that bad, expect for Owen. I have to do something to make him not hate me, the only question is how?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 74 29
It has been just Peyton Smith and her mom for almost 4 years. Her mom surprises her with a trip to Hawaii! The catch? Peyton's mom doesn't have enoug...
49.6K 1.4K 31
After enduring years of abuse, Ali finally had enough. She packed everything she could and left her ex to start a new life with her four-year-old son...
834 73 11
Four boys meet at Hillston boarding school and become best friends. Together they experience drama, love, trouble, parties, parents and secrets. How...
685K 21.9K 64
#1 in Distance #1 in Girlfriend #1 in Living #60 in Discover #2 in Brothers #5 in Love #45 in Teen Fiction #64 in Sadness #8 in Dance Eight boys. One...