The Soldier and the Empress

By Dragon86411

On her travels conquering other schools, Satsuki Kiryuin recruits another loyal and trustful subject into her... More

Little Lizard
1 - Lizard among Pigs
2 - Lioness' Prey
3 - Scales and Fangs
4 - The Four Winds and a Stormcloud
Intermission
5 - The Golden Runaway
6 - Lost and Found in the Fog
7 - A Thousand Eyes
8 - Nightmares and Dragons
9 - Sandstorm of Emotions
10 - Dunes of Questions
11 - The Dead do Tell Tales
12 - Dawn In the Mind of the Dragon
13 - Bloodhound
Monumental
Clothes! (Intermission 3)
Chasing the Sun
Dragonslayer
Good Boys (Intermission 4)
Dragon Within
The Dragon's Blood (Intermission 5)
Beyond The Storm
19 - Paint It Red
God, When Will He Stop With The Intermissions
Coated in Gold (Update)
20 - Fleeting

Dragonless (Prologue)

3.2K 72 6
By Dragon86411

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

Sanageyama is tapping on his leg. He, his three companions Ira Gamagoori, Houka Inumuta, Nonon Jakuzure and Mistress Satsuki Kiryuin sat outside a surgery room inside a big ship. The tapping is rhythmic, as if he would tap according to a heartbeat.

*Tap* *Tap*-*Tap* *Tap*-*Tap* *Tap* -*Tap* *Tap*

A good friend of all of them is now in critical condition. They found him half-dead defending a zone from the COVERS. The rags he was wearing barely resembled the original uniform, now was all nasty with dirt, sweat and bloodstains, some of his bloodstains were completely dry.

*Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap*

They all noticed Sanageyama lowering the pace.

Gamagoori stood still.

Nonon bit her nails.

Inumuta was typing slowly on his computer like trying to match the taping.

Sanageyama was so focused on the beat that he did not notice that his own foot was also following it.

And Satsuki, even though she looked the most relaxed, she was the most worried of them all. Her second in command almost died once to save her life, now he put his life on the line again so they got a fighting chance against the COVERS, and she also knows really damn well His feelings for her, which only made her worry even more.

*Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap* - *Tap*

"No, no, no NO NO NO NO! DON'T DO THIS TO ME, MAN!" The man inside the surgery room yelled soon between the ever slowing tapping.

The clattering of machines deafened the heartbeats of the ones waiting outside.

A single minute passed. And yet, every second, a part of their own soul left their body.

*Tap* --- *Tap* --- *Tap* --- *Tap*

*Tap* --------------------

Sanageyama stopped tapping his leg, clenched his fist with that hand and he could be seen frustrated, like looking for something.

Gamagoori from his position let his arm fall to the ground and his knees almost, Almost touched the ground.

Nonon was completely paralyzed with blank eyes.

Inumuta tried to hide his tears behind his glasses.

Satsuki closed her eyes the moment Sanageyama stopped taping and, unconsciously, brought her hand to her chest and whether it was the sorrow or the pain, she could not feel her own heartbeat.

"Kai..." She said, and a single tear fell down her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.1K 57
(Under editing) In which the first born daughter of the Isamu family, Y/n Isamu, leaves Heavens Arena to discover what she's missing. She is forced...
79.9K 1.1K 38
(Y/N)(L/N), an average everyday kid and a total nobody moves to Honnouji City to start a new life with his mother, But things won't be easy as the ci...
208K 5.2K 45
Killua Zoldyck was in room when all of this happened. A girl with H/C hair and shining E/C eyes walked through the gate with her family. However she...
22.1K 667 41
Y/n no longer had the will to live. She was the illegitimate child between an idol and a big shot, who was a married man. She was neglected as a chil...