Chasing the Sun

We spent the second day of our vacations playing videogames all day "All-Stars: IF" a fighting game whose roster of characters has only ONE dude! It's really good though. Scylla didn't let me go anywhere till she beat me. She managed to get a clean kill off me once but got angry at me because she thought I let her win.

She was mad at me the entire day. I took a long swim and her focused glare almost pierced my lungs. She calmed down after I told her I wanted to see her cooking, Izanami said nothing the entire day, it was a good day...

Third Day, there was a buffet for the guests that the staff made, we went only for a bit though, the other visitors were rather rude to Scylla and all of them were scared of my Four-Stars.

Once back in the penthouse it was starting to get dark and I decided to put a movie I wanted to watch but I haven't got the time to.

"DUEL! 52" The screen showed and sounded loudly.

I talked to Scylla earlier about how these are the people Satsuki and I call pigs and that there is no reason to give a flying fuck about them... not with those exact words though. To which she then curled up on the bed for a bit. That's when I put the movie in the living room just outside, to see if it lured her out.

The door of the main room slowly swung open.

"(Jackpot!)"

"Kai... What are you watching?"

"Oh, one of my favorite series of movies. DUEL!"

"Duel..." she was really discouraged

"Wanna watch it with me? I've been wanting to see this one for a while but haven't had the chance"

"I-"

I: "AW HELL YEAH!"

"Dammit..."

"Dammit..."

I: "What now?!" Izanami's voice sounded like if it had just woken up but it was still very loud.

"Just when I thought I had him for myself..."

I: "But you did had him! Yesterday's night was your time to make a move! Butcha didn't!" Her voice was far louder now, like being fully awake. Scylla blushed at Izanami's comment.

"You were awake?!"

I: "Nah, I looked into Kai's memories"

"Iza, could you like... Not"

I: "I'll try. So, what are we doing today?"

"We were going to watch a movie..."

"We Still are, just do us a favor and stay quiet throughout the whole thing will you?" I lectured Izanami.

I: "No promises" My arm returned to normal and Izanami went quiet.

"..."

"So anyway, let's start it" I told Scylla and silently she sat on the other side of the couch.

"I've never seen the DUEL! movies, are they good?"

"You What?!"

"Yeah, I have heard of them. There are a lot of them but I've never seen any of them..."

"Well I don't judge you... seeing the big number by its side can be disheartening when people want to catch up, But that's the good thing about DUEL! They are all different stories between them! So you don't need to watch them in any order!"

"Oh!" She looked surprised and amused at my reaction.

"There is this card game that I used to play for a bit... before and bit after I Joined Honnouji, Sanageyama joined me on the fun at the time. Well, what the DUEL! movies all share is that they use this card game as a way to fight, modifying the rules here and there, to tell a different story every time!"