Coated in Gold (Update)

Once upon a time, there was a Mighty Golden Dragon, who ruled over a town of piggies. The Dragon had once before freed the piggies' town from a Nasty, Cloud Devouring Demon. The piggies praised the dragon as their savior. That was, sadly, short lived.

While the Dragon treated the piggies way better than the Demon ever did, the Dragon didn't keep the town just out of the goodness of its heart, but out of convenience.

It took residence in a cave at the base of a mountain, the largest one in the vicinity and there it delved for a long time, demanding tribute from the piggies in all: knowledge, coin, and flesh.

It was never ridiculously unfair for the piggies, for they have since been able to prosper. But they could never shake off the hatred from the Dragon's gaze. It had never once looked upon them as individuals, maybe as nuisances some of the piggies thought, yet the answer is still fleeting to this day.

A particularly cold day in the middle of summer, the Dragon sat by its mountain of gold, when a beaten down piggie ran into the cavern. "Oh Mighty Dragon, we have intruders in the town!" screamed the piggie.

"I know" Said the dragon. As it got up and made its way towards the exit, the piggie was launched to god-knows-where by the dragon's tail.

Flying over town,the Dragon now had a good view of the enemy.

Five creatures stood in the way of its peace at the cavern:

A Giant Yellow Toad

A Blue Dog, hiding its mouth with a scarf.

A Pink Snake, holding the skeleton of a monkey.

A Green Monkey, wielding a sword.

And in front of them, as their commander, a pale lion. No, it doesn't have a mane, therefore it is a female.

Tales had the Dragon heard of this Lioness, not only was her strength unmatched but she also brought the winter with her.

A tough opponent, alongside many others, at the time lesser thoughts, passed through the Dragon's head.

Finally on the ground in front of her, the Dragon could appreciate more of the Lioness.

Her deep blue eyes like the ocean itself, hide pale as the clouds, teeths and claws as dark and treacherous as the night.

The Lioness demanded surrender, of course, the Dragon did not obliged. Instead, it opted for showing its own teeths and claws, a sickly yet interesting bronze glow they had.

Frowning at the Dragon's response, the Lioness roared. The area around became as cold as the harshest winter they had lived and the peeping pigs were sent flying by the storming winds.

This was the Dragon's weakness, cold.

Could it have been pride, stubbornness or merely instinct but the Dragon refused to yield.

Another roar and the Dragon itself started to freeze and if it's feet hadn't been stuck to the ground by the ice, it would have been blown away.

Once again the Dragon did not yield, yet it had no strength left to fight. Was this foe unbeatable for it?

Inconceivable! The Dragon put all that was left of its power on it's teeth, only one decent hit he had left in it.

The Lioness noticed the Dragon's strength, for all other foes had fallen considerably easier. Thus the Lioness stepped forward, freezing more and more the area around with every step.

But now, she was at range of the Dragon's final attack.

In the blink of an eye, both made their attack and as fast as it started it was over.

And The Golden Dragon, Fell.

Dismissing the Dragon and walking away victorious, the Lioness shone with an unnatural yet familiar light.

Entranced by this mysterious glow. What was it, the Dragon wanted to know.

Little by little, the ice it was trapped in cracked, but it did not break. Countless times the dragon tried to break off but was meaningless.

It thought it's chance of catching up to the Lioness was gone, until another roar was heard, like an order or encouragement, it could not really tell.

But what it could tell was that it filled it's inside with energy. Violently breaking out of the prison it was in, the Dragon sent ice flying in all directions but there was something different, itself, it was no longer golden but bright greenish-blue scales that did not shine in the presence of the unnatural light the Lioness emanated.

The shedding of skin was not at all unwelcome, the Dragon had been wanting to change its color as a way to leave the past behind. But that is not the important part.

Tumbling and breathing heavily the Dragon now stood upright, as if nothing had happened. It's vision became unblurred and air finally reached it's head.

Just to be blinded again by the mesmerizing light and sight of the much smaller yet stronger than itself Lioness. And it could not take it's eyes off her.

With this show of determination, the Dragon joined the Lioness crew. Living crazy, and violent, adventures with all of them while growing stronger and stronger every day.

Also getting to know a Yellow Shark that believed to be a dolphin and a Purple Hummingbird that could sing, fight and heal at the same time.

Some time later, a Red-striped Dark Blue tiger entered the picture and the plan of the Lioness was set in motion.

But that was not all, the dragon also met someone else: A Silver Serpent that took many forms and, just like the Lioness light, had a familiar feel to it that the Dragon simply Had to know it's origin.

------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey yall! I hope yall are doing great!

I wanted to thank u all for 4.5k reads! im really happy for archiving big numbers like this :D

I might have just taken some time on the holidays. Yall know how it its :P but(t) now im back

Did yall like this type of thing? more fairy tale like? i thought it'll be fun to post this lil update alongside it :3 and maybe ill do it again in the future.

Im not gonna promise a release date or schedule cuz ill break it on the spot, soooo yup! i might update some ch every now and then or upload new ch twice in a godamn day, i know a much as you do :P do not worry, ive tried to have a schedule before and it sucked, so now i do what works for me.

Please remember to vote and comment, i cant promise ill read all comments, but i can tell u that i wont read em if u dont post em :P

Quick instagram selfpromo: https://www.instagram.com/dragon86411/

And thatll be that for this update and hope yall keep liking this fanfic as much as i enjoy making it if u excuse me i shall go back to playi-i mean, writing :P

-Dragon86411