Inexplicable (DEREK HALE)

By HorneSupremacy

(NOW ON AO3) Sarah Stilinski the more popular, beautiful, smarter and talented Stilinski twin. Best friends... More

Extended Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
THE MOVIE
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 6

12.6K 274 210
By HorneSupremacy

Season 1 Episodes 6, 7 & 8

When Argent got home and Allison was asleep he, Kate and Victoria met up in the living room.

"What is the need for the meeting?" Kate asks, rolling her eyes.

"Sarah Stilinski." Argent replies.

"Allison's friend?" Kate frowns.

"Who just sent 3 bullets into a mountain lion's head whilst it was running around the car park of the school." Argent adds. "She was also in the video store when the alpha attacked and in the gas station when I went after Derek, which is a big coincidence."

"You think she's the alpha?" Victoria asks.

"Or she's working with him." Argent tells them.

"The second Beta." Kate sighs. "What do you want to do?"

"I want you to follow her." Argent tells Kate.

"What if she sees her and kills us when she realises we're following her?" Victoria asks.

"Not if she thinks she's got us in her back pocket." Kate replies and a plan was made. The next few days were boring, to say the least. Kate followed her to the hospital, school and the range up until the night at the high school. But what Kate didn't know was that Sarah knew she was following her.

Sarah had just finished a voluntary shift at the hospital when she got a text from Stiles telling her to come to the school. Since her car was at home and the school was close to the hospital, she decided to walk, but when she walked into the schoolyard she regretted it. She saw someone lying on the ground and Stiles' car crushed, she rushed over to notice that it was Derek on the ground slowly bleeding out unconscious. She searched his pockets for his keys and opened his car, gently laying him in the backseat. She drove back to her house, knowing her dad was at work until morning, and dragged Derek to her room, lying him on her bed. She lifted his shirt and looked at the claw marks, which are not healing. She rushed into the bathroom, grabbed the first aid kit and started to stitch up his wounds, wiping away the blood whilst doing so, and placed a gauze over the freshly stitched wounds. She sits in the chair across the room constantly checking her phone in case Scott or Stiles texts her. A few hours pass when she receives a text from Stiles.

'Got stuck in the school, alpha tried to kill us, we're fine, won't be home until morning.'

'P.S: if anyone asks, it was Derek who attacked you in the video store. Scott kinda framed him for all the murders.'

Sarah reads the text and lets out a sigh of relief, she sits back on her chair and looks at a still-unconscious Derek. Another hour passes and Sarah almost falls asleep, almost. That's when Derek decided to wake up and jump to his feet, most likely pulling out his stitches.

"Calm down, you're safe." Sarah tells him, letting out a yawn.

"Where am I?" He asks until he starts looking around and he realises he's in Sarah's room.

"You're in my room and you've probably pulled out your stitches." She sighs and walks over to him, lifting up his shirt and removing the gauze only to show skin. "Well, you've healed." She informs him and pulls off the other gauze. "You want a different shirt?" She asks, gesturing to his which has been torn to shreds.

"What happened?" He frowns, sitting down on the bed whilst Sarah pulls out a large shirt and tosses it to him, which he puts on.

"I'm guessing it was the alpha." She replies, but he shakes his head, getting frustrated.

"No, how am I here?" He rephrases.

"Oh." She realises. "Stiles texted me to meet him at the school, I found you nearly dead in the parking lot and dragged you into your car to drive you here, where I stitched you up because you weren't healing." She hands him back his keys. "It's just parked in the drive. Stiles texted and said that they're all fine, by the way." He nods his head and goes to say something, but Sarah speaks first. "They may or may not have blamed you for all of the murders, so I would run and hide somewhere that isn't the daughter of the Sheriff's bedroom."

"They did what?" He asks, raising his voice and Sarah hands him the phone, showing him the texts. He lets out a small growl and hands it back, jumping out of the window.

"You're welcome." She mutters, rolling her eyes. Stiles arrives back home and tells his sister about everything that happened that night and explains that Scott broke up with Allison. Since the attack was at the school, it closed for a long weekend which the Stilinski twins spent watching Netflix until Stiles came up with the great idea to get Scott drunk in the middle of the woods.

"Can you at least tell me what we're doing out here?" Scott questions.

"When your best friend gets dumped-" Stiles starts, getting cut off by Scott.

"I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break." Scott protests.

"Because that worked so well with Ross and Rachel." Sarah scoffs, receiving a glare from both of the boys.

"When your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break..." Stiles trails off and pulls out a bottle of Jack Daniels. "You get your best friend drunk." Stiles has a large smile on his face and the next thing you know, half of the bottle is gone and Stiles is drunk. "Dude, she's one girl. There are plenty more girls in the sea."

"Fish in the sea." Sarah corrects.

"What? Why are you talking about Fish? I'm talking about girls. Especially ones with strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, five foot three.." Stiles trails off.

"Like Lydia?" Scott asks.

"Exactly." Stiles replies and frowns. "How did you know I was talking about..." He trails off, losing his train of thought. "What was I talking about?" He looks at Scott and hands him the bottle. "You don't look happy. Drink."

"I don't want anymore." Scott sighs.

"You're not drunk?" Stiles asks, confused.

"I'm not anything." Scott replies, staring at the fire.

"What if it's like not needing your inhaler anymore? Maybe you can't get drunk." Sarah reasons and Scott nods thinking about it.

"Am I drunk?" Stiles asks, visibly very drunk.

"You're wasted." Scott laughs.

"Yeaahh." Stiles says and holds out his hand for a fistbump, but gets nothing in return. "Dude, I know it feels bad. But you gotta remember. As much as being broken up hurts.. Being alone is even worse." Stiles confidently tells him, everything coming out the wrong way. "Wait a minute, that didn't come out right. I need another drink." Stiles reaches for the bottle, but another hand reaches it first. They all look up at the arm and notice two buff guys looking at them.

"Well, look at the little bitches getting their drink on." One of them speaks, Stiles steps behind Scott and Sarah who keep their gazes on the two men, not stepping down.

"Give it back." Scott tells him.

"What's that, little man?" The man asks.

"I think he wants a drink." The other man adds.

"I want the bottle." Scott says, not showing any trace of fear and one of the men laughs.

"Guys, let's just go." Stiles tells them, trying to not get into trouble.

"You brought me here to get me drunk, Stiles. I'm not drunk yet." Scott's voice was unnervingly calm, and Sarah and Stiles shared a worried look. "Give me the bottle." Scott steps closer to them as they take a shot out of the bottle. "Give me the bottle of Jack." Scott continues and glows his eyes, causing them to hand him the bottle and rush away. Scott grabs it and throws it into a nearby tree, then starts to walk away whilst Sarah pretty much carries Stiles back to the jeep. She throws him into the back of the jeep and Sarah hops into the driver's seat.

"Please tell me that was because of the breakup, or better yet, because tomorrow is the full moon." Sarah asks as he gets into the passenger seat.

"I don't know." he honestly replies and Sarah drops him off at home, then drives back to her house and drags Stiles up to his room pulling his covers over his body. She walks into her room and lets out a large sigh as she closes her door, she turns around and almost screams when she sees Derek.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asks, whispering.

"What are you doing about Scott tomorrow?" Derek says, getting to the point.

"Tying him up." Sarah sighs. "Can you get drunk?" She randomly asks and he shakes his head. "Right. On a completely different note, I'm being followed."

"By who?" Derek asks, looking out the window.

"She started the night I shot a mountain lion at the school, she showed up randomly but it was getting to be too common. The night the alpha was at the school I was able to lose her, but she's been following me since I left the house the next day. I'd be careful in case she sees you." Sarah explains, not answering.

"Who?" He repeats his question.

"Kate." She sighs, sitting on the chair in the corner of the room. "She must know that I know something or think that I'm-"

"The second beta." Derek realises and Sarah nods.

"So be careful if you're sneaking in and out of my house like this." She tells him.

"You're not worried?" Derek frowns. "She could kill you."

"I'm a great liar and it's not as if I'm involved in this. Sure my best friend is a werewolf, but that's it." Sarah scoffs. "And she can try if she wants to." Derek gives her a look she can't decipher and leaves through the window. "I'm sick of that." She mutters and goes to bed. She wakes up the next day, puts on her pre-planned outfit and leaves for School early to meet up with Isaac for some studying before the exam. "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while." She says, meeting him in the library. "How are you?"

"I'm good." He replies, but he's a terrible liar and Sarah gives him a look. "He did it again." Isaac sighs, looking down ashamed.

"Let me tell my dad, we can help." Sarah sighs.

"You can't, he'll do it even more and he might do worse." Isaac mutters.

"Isaac, he'll be locked away before that can happen. Just let me tell my dad." Sarah tries to convince him.

"You can't!" He shouts, gaining confused looks from people in the library. "You can't." He repeats and gets up from the table, walking away. Sarah lets out a sigh and goes to Harris' class.

"You have forty-five minutes to complete the test. Twenty-five per cent of your grade can be earned right now by simply putting your full name on the cover." Stiles and Sarah instantly write their names on the paper. "However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher."

"You and me both." Sarah mutters, gaining a few laughs and a glare from Harris.

"So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin." He tells them and Sarah rushes her way through the exam, finishing the paper with twenty-five minutes left. That's when Scott jumps out of his seat and races out of the room. Sarah is quick on his tail, wanting to be anywhere but here.

"Mr McCall!" Harris shouts but gets ignored. "Miss Stilinski, you will fail the exam."

"Good job I've got a high GPA." She replies and throws the test on his desk, following Scott into the locker room.

"Sarah, I can't..." Scott trails off, panicking.

"What's happening? Are you changing?" She questions.

"No, I can't, I can't breathe." He responds, struggling to catch his breath. Sarah thinks fast and looks in his bag for his inhaler and passes it to him. Scott hesitates but uses it regardless and his breathing slows.

"I... I was having an asthma attack?" Scott asks in disbelief.

"No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack stopped the panic attack. Ironic." Sarah explains.

"How did you know to do that?" Scott asks, amazed.

"Stiles and I used to get them after our mom died. Not fun, huh?" Sarah asks and Scott nods.

"I looked at her and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer." Scott explains.

"Yeah, it's called heartbreak. There's like two billion songs written about it." Sarah sighs.

"I can't stop thinking about her." He tells Sarah, wanting advice.

"Well, think about this: her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf. It was bound to become an issue." Sarah gives a reasonable piece of advice, or so she thought after receiving a glare from Scott. "Okay, that wasn't helpful. But yes, you got dumped. And it's supposed to suck."

"It was more than that. It was like I could feel everything in there. Everyone else's emotions." Scott rants.

"Does that mean Derek can feel my hatred toward him?" Sarah asks herself. "It's gotta be the full moon. So we lock you in your room later as we planned. That way the Alpha can't get to you either." Sarah explains to Scott.

"I think we need to do more than lock me in my room." Scott sighs.

"What? You mean because if you get out you could get caught by hunters?" she frowns.

"No. because if I get out... I think I might kill someone." Scott replies, sharing a worried look with Sarah. They go to lunch and then meet up in the locker room for Lacrosse.

"All right, listen up." Coach alerts everyone. "Due to the recent pink eye outbreak- thank you Greenberg- the following players have made the first line on a probationary basis. Emphasis on probationary." Coach looks down at his sheet and starts to read out names. "Rodrigues, taylor and.." He trails off. "Oh for the love of crap. I can't read my own writing. What is that? An S? No. no, I think it's a B. yeah, that's definitely a B." Coach realises. "So that's Rodrigues, Taylor and Bilinski." Stils jumps up from the bench, cheering, receiving a glare from the coach. "Bilinski, shut up."

"Yes sir!" Stiles replies and sits back down.

"Stiles-" Scott starts to say.

"It's Biles. Call me Biles or I swear to god I'll kill you.'' Stiles threatens and we nod.

"One more thing. From here on out we're switching to co-captains. Congrats, McCall." Coach finishes and the room goes silent as all eyes are on Scott. "Jackson, this takes nothing away from you. It's about combining separate strengths into one unit. Your unit and McCall's unit making one big unit." Coach looks to Scott. "McCall, it's you and Jackson now. All right, asses on the field!" Coach shouts and they make their way onto the field. "Sarah a word." she rushes over to the coach who turns serious.

"What's up, cupcake?" She asks.

"I would have made you co-captain, but I thought it would damage the guy's ego's too much and you've just joined the team they would know I'm playing favourites, just thought I would tell you why I didn't choose you." Coach tells her and she nods. "Also, I want to see you in goal." He adds.

"But Danny is the goalie.." She says confused.

"And he was willing to give up the position for a few hours. It's just to see if we can use you if he's injured." He tells her and she walks back over to where they were practising. Grabbing the goalie stick from Danny and walking into the goal. Sarah was saving all of the shots in the goal and did a good offensive attack until it was Scott's turn. She shares a nervous look with her brother as the two defenders slam him to the ground. They let out a sigh of relief, thinking it was over, but it wasn't. Scott stepped back over to the start of the line and charged again, barreling through the two defenders, over to Sarah who started to come out of the goal. In response, he elbowed her in the mask, causing her to jump up and fall over. Having no care for his friend, Scott proceeded to throw the ball into the net.

"Son of a bitch." She mutters, pulling off her gloves and her mask.

"Sarah.." Jackson says in disbelief and rushes over to his best friend, whose nose is pouring with blood.

"Was that Sarah?" Lydia frowns, rushing down from the bleachers towards where the scene occurred. Everyone started to crowd around Sarah, who was looking at the blood on her hand.

"Does anyone have a tissue?" She jokingly asks, Coach shakes his head and Lydia hands her some from her purse.

"Is she okay?" Lydia asks the EMT.

"I'm right here." She scoffs. "I've just got a bloody nose." Sarah looks up at Jackson who is staring at Lydia's lips.

"What?" Lydia asks, wondering what he is staring at.

"Your lipstick." Jackson says with a knowing frown.

"Oh. wonder how that happened." Lydia says in faux confusion as she fixes her makeup.

"Yeah. i wonder..." Jackson trails off, knowing that she cheated on him.

"Sarah, how are you feeling?" Coach asks, squatting down next to her. "Are you going to be able to play?"

"Coach, I'm fine. It's just a bloody nose." Sarah sighs, getting up from the ground. "But I will have to get it looked at."

"Sure, you can take the rest of practice off." Coach tells her and she walks into the changing room. She takes off her lacrosse gear and changes back into her clothes, she sits down to take a second to let things set in, her best friend who she's known since she was in kindergarten just elbowed her in the face with no remorse. She goes into the bathroom and throws the tissue in the toilet, grabs some more and walks over to the sink. She wets the piece of tissue and wipes the dried blood from her nose. She lets out a sigh when she looks at the bruise forming around her nose and rolls her eyes.

"Lydia is going to kill me.." Sarah mutters and throws the tissues into the garbage, when she turns back around, she walks into a hard chest.

"Surely it won't come to that." Derek scoffs, Sarah jumps back with her hand on her heart and lets out a giant breath of air.

"You don't sneak up on people like that." She gasps, calming her heart rate and realising that Derek is in the girl's bathroom. She sighs knowing that she's going to receive a lecture about Scott, but stops it before it happens. "I didn't know Scott was going to do that, I tried to talk him out of practice but he refused, people think he's having an off day. You have nothing to worry about. So you don't need to give me a lecture or threaten me."

"Oh." is the only thing he says in response. In all honesty, Derek wasn't there to lecture her about Scott, he was there to see how she was after watching the large blow to the face. She lets out a sigh at his confusing response and grabs her bag in her hand.

"I've got to go see Melissa about my nose, stay safe." Sarah tells him and leaves the bathroom, she gets into her car and drives to the hospital. She walks over to the nurse's station and gets the attention of a nurse, Jennifer. "Hey Jennifer, do you know where Melissa is?"

"She's due in, in about an hour. What happened to your nose?" She asks.

"Oh, it happened at lacrosse. That's why I'm here so she can take a look." Sarah replies with a smile.

"I can take a look if you want?" Jennifer offers and Sarah nods. She leads Sarah into a patient room and Jennifer takes a look at her nose, touching and moving it until she hisses. "Doesn't look broken, but I'd stick an ice pack on it." Jennifer turns around and grabs an ice pack, handing it to Sarah. But unknown to Sarah, the Alpha told Jennifer to stall her for as long as possible. Sarah sat in the hospital for another hour and it started to turn dark, she panicked and jumped up from the seat.

"Thank you, Jennifer, but I should really be going." Sarah tells her, throwing the ice pack in the trash.

"Are you sure? Because you might need some more time with the ice pack-" Jennifer starts but gets cut off.

"Yeah, my brother needs me for something, thank you." Sarah says and rushes out of the hospital to her car, she starts the engine when she receives a call from Stiles.

"Scott escaped, I don't know where he's going." Stiles rushes out.

"I do." Sarah sighs and hangs up the phone, heading to the sports store where she knows Allison is. She speeds into the car park as Scott jumps on the roof of their car and she jumps out of hers, throwing a knife into his shoulder, causing him to jump off and rush into the woods. She quickly followed and kept her senses sharp as he was nowhere to be seen, until he rushed out, attacking her. He wraps a hand around her throat and pins her to a tree. "Scott, I know this isn't you, it's the full moon. You need to snap out of this." She grunts, trying to get through to him but he growls in response. "Then I'm sorry." She sighs and grabs another one of her knives, stabbing him in the chest and causing him to barrel over, letting go of her. She lands on her feet and pins Scott down as he's growling. "Scott, stop!" She shouts and something snaps in him, his face goes back to normal and his claws go back into his hands.

"Sarah?" He asks in confusion, not realising where he is. He looks at Sarah and remembers all that happened and what he was about to do. "What's happening to me?" He says, frowning at the monster he is becoming.

"Exactly what he wants to happen." Derek says, coming out of the shadows.

"You couldn't have come out earlier?" Sarah sighs, staying where she is in case Scott freaks out again. "If I get up, will you attack me or are you in control?" She questions Scott.

"I'm in control." He answers and she releases her hold, when she gets to her feet, she offers him a hand which he gladly accepts.

"Come on, let's get you home." Sarah sighs, pulling an arm around her shoulder, helping him back to her car, Derek following them. She lays him in her backseat and shuts the door in front of her, she places both of her hands on the roof of the car, leaning on them and letting out a large sigh.

"I can take him home if you'd like." Derek speaks up but she shakes her head.

"No, I've got this. You should probably get out of here in case Jackson and Allison call the cops." Sarah tells him but he doesn't say anything and gets into the passenger seat of her car. "Or do that." She mutters and jumps into the driver's seat, driving an exhausted Scott home. She pulls up outside and her phone rings, she picks it up not looking at the contact and says "Hello."

"The guys who threatened us the other night are dead." Stiles' voice came through the phone "I was looking for Scott and I pulled over to where I saw lots of police cars and ambulances. When I lifted the sheet over one of the bodies I saw the one that took the bottle so I can only assume the other body was the other guy." He rambles.

"Do you think it could be the alpha?" Sarah frowns and Derek leans over, listening intently.

"I don't know, their bodies were burnt. They were forced into the fire that was in front of us." Stiles says.

"Okay, we found Scott by the way, he's fine." Sarah tells him.

"Okay, good." He lets out a sigh of relief, not noticing the two Argent watching him from a distance. Sarah hangs up the phone and thinks for a while.

"Stilinski? What are you thinking about?" Derek asks.

"Everyone who the alpha killed had a history of arson and these two were burnt to death." Sarah explains. "Is there anyone from your family who could still be alive and very vengeful?"

"You think someone from my family is doing this?" He asks in disbelief.

"It's the only thing I could think of, just forget I said anything." She sighs and gets out of the car, helping Scott onto his bed whilst Derek follows behind, pondering Sarah's words. She lies him on the bed and they go to leave, only to be stopped by Scott.

"Wait." Scott speaks up for the first time in a while. "I can't do this. I can't be this and be with Allison. I need you to tell me the truth. Is there a cure?"

"For someone who was bitten? I've heard of one. But I don't know if it's true." Derek responds.

"What is it?" Scott asks.

"You kill the one who bit you." Derek reveals and Scott's head falls at the weight of the task.

"He has to kill the alpha?" Sarah asks in disbelief. "No offence, Scotty, but you can't just kill someone even if they're a psychotic alpha." Derek and Scott ignore her remark.

"You help me find him, Scott? And I'll help you kill him." Derek tells him, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder and he turns, leaving the house.

"Get some sleep, you need it." Sarah tells Scott, giving him a small hug and turns to leave.

"I'm sorry." Scott sighs. "About tonight and at practice."

"It's not me you should be apologising to, you didn't kiss my crush I've had since third grade." Sarah tells him and he looks down in shame. "Unless you kissed Theo Raeken...." She trails off and he starts to laugh.

"No, you have nothing to worry about." He gives her a smile and she leaves his room, locking his front door behind her and she jumps into her car, noticing Derek in her passenger seat.

"I swear I need to put a bell on you or something." She mutters, still reeling from the shock.

"A bell? I'm not an animal." He retorts.

"Well... That's debatable." She replies, she focuses her attention on the ignition, not noticing the rare smile gracing Derek's face. "Where to?"

"What?" He frowns.

"Well, you're sitting in my car and the only time you've been in my car is when I'm a taxi driver. So where are you going?" she reiterates.

"There's an abandoned train station in the middle of town." Derek answers and she nods, knowing where it is. The entire drive, Sarah felt Derek's gaze on her, causing her to question why.

"Why are you looking at me?" She asks, still paying attention to the road. "Does my nose look that bad?" She jokes but receives no laugh in return.

"You have a hand mark on your neck." Derek answers.

"Damn. If it rains tomorrow I'm screwed." She mutters, pulling up next to the door of the train station. "And we've reached your destination."

"Thanks." He sighs and gets out of the car without another word. Sarah rolls her eyes and takes off towards home.

A/N: Vote and Comment

Edited : 29/01/23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387 11 14
when Stiles, Scott, Allison and Lydia are befriended by new girl Casey who has a dark secret. When Stiles and Casey date are they in danger? When Cas...
297 15 6
"And all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for King of my heart, body and soul." Matilda, The younger twin sister of Scott McCall was dra...
13.3K 269 13
Under heavy editing!
9.7K 218 20
"Every girl deserves a boy that can make her forget her heart was ever broken." [Teen Wolf] [Season 1 - 6] [Stiles Stilinski x OC] STARTED: OCTOBER 2...