Inexplicable (DEREK HALE)

By HorneSupremacy

(NOW ON AO3) Sarah Stilinski the more popular, beautiful, smarter and talented Stilinski twin. Best friends... More

Extended Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
THE MOVIE
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 3

12.9K 290 85
By HorneSupremacy

Season 1 Episode 3

Sarah woke up late for the school day and quickly gets up out of bed, rushing on some clothes which were a pair of leggings and her lacrosse hoodie, and ran out of the house to the car. She drove to the school, walking past the bloody school bus right into something, or should I say, someone.

"Crap, I'm so sorry, I'm late and I wasn't looking where I was going..." She trails off as she looks at the person she bumped into, only to see Isaac Lahey. That wasn't the only thing she noticed, she also noticed the large black eye. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just bumped it off the corner of the table when I fell." Isaac easily lies, but Sarah sees through it and drags him into an empty classroom, not caring if she missed Harris' class.

"Cut the shit, what happened?" She asks sternly.

"I'm telling the truth." He says in a small voice.

"You don't have to lie to me, Isaac. When we were doing lab work, you tensed as soon as he came into the room and this isn't the first bruise or cut I've noticed, I've never been close enough to ask you about it. Tell me the truth." She consoles. "Was it your dad?" Some tears fall down his face and he nods, Sarah looks at him sympathetically and pulls him into a hug, allowing his tears to fall freely on her shoulder. "My dad is the Sheriff, we can help-"

"No, no, no. You can't tell anyone. Promise me you won't tell anyone." Isaac protests, tears falling down harder.

"But it can help." Sarah protests.

"It won't, he'll find out, he always does." Isaac says frightened.

"Okay, on one condition." She tells him. "Talk to me about it, any day and time, you call me. And if it gets too much, you get the hell out of that house and come to mine. Deal."

"Deal." He agrees, shaking her hand.

"Why are you blowing off Harris?" She changes the subject.

"I'm failing, and he always brings it up." He sighs.

"That's why you have a kick-ass lab partner who's going to help." She tells him, causing a small smile to land on his face. Sarah looks through her bag when she reaches a guidance counsellor's note which was blank. She fills in Isaac's name and the date and time and hands it to him. "Say you were at the guidance counsellor so you don't get in trouble, I'll come in 5 minutes later."

"What are you going to say?" Isaac asks.

"I'm his favourite student, he won't say anything." She smirks and Isaac leaves the room. When it hits 5 minutes, she waltzes into Harris' class.

"You're early." She says looking at the entire class who had their eyes locked on her.

"You're an hour late." Harris tells her.

"No, the clocks went backwards." Sarah corrects.

"It's August, they haven't even changed yet." Harris says.

"Is it?" She asks in faux disbelief and takes a seat next to Isaac, whilst people in the class start to laugh. Harris goes to retort a snarky comment, but nothing comes to mind, so he just dismisses it and continues teaching. When the end of class reaches, Sarah says bye to Isaac and sit's at Scott and Stiles' table.

"How do you get away with things like that with Harris?" Stiles asks her as she takes a seat.

"Because he actually likes me." Sarah replies, taking a bite out of her sandwich. "What are you talking about?"

"Scott had a dream about Allison, which happened in real life." Stiles tells her.

"The bus?" Sarah asks and they nod.

"I've been saying dreams aren't memories." Stiles adds.

"Then it wasn't a dream. Something happened last night. And I can't remember what." Scott sighs.

"How are you so sure Derek has all the answers?" Stiles frowns.

"Because on the full moon, he didn't change. He was in total control. And I'm running around in the night attacking some totally innocent guy." Scott says in a whisper.

"You don't know that." Sarah protests.

"I don't not know it." Scott tells them and thinks about the possibilities. "I can't go out with Allison, I have to cancel."

"No, you don't. You can't cancel your entire life. We'll figure this out." Stiles says, staying confident.

"Figure what out?" Lydia asks, taking a seat across from us.

"Homework." I quickly reply and she nods whilst Allison, Danny and some guys from the football team sit at the table.

"Get up." Jackson tells a random guy from the lacrosse team.

"How come you never ask Danny to get up?" He scoffs.

"Because I don't stare at his best friend and girlfriend's coin slot." Danny retorts.

"And we like him better." Sarah adds, the Lacrosse player reluctantly gets up and Jackson takes his seat.

"So they're saying it's an animal attack. Probably a cougar." Danny changes the subject.

"I heard a mountain lion." Jackson corrects.

"A cougar is a mountain lion." Lydia retorts but notices the questioning gazes. "Isn't it?"

"Who cares? The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway." Jackson scoffs.

"Sympathetic." Sarah says sarcastically.

"Actually, I just found out who he is." Stiles alerts and pulls up a news report, revealing the guy to be a bus driver named Garrison Meyers.

"Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please? Like where we're going tomorrow night?" Lydia asks, looking at Scott and Allison who share a deer caught in headlights look. "You said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow, right?"

"This is where I leave this conversation." Sarah sighs and grabs her tray, beginning to walk over to where Isaac is sitting alone. "Hey."

"Hey." He replies with a smile. "Thank you for saving me with Harris."

"It's what friends do." Sarah dismisses.

"We're friends?" Isaac asks in disbelief.

"If you want to be," Sarah tells him and he nods his head. "Then it's settled." Sarah and Isaac finish their lunch and go to their classes. When the school day finishes, Sarah decides to go to the hospital and bring Melissa some food. She walks through the doors of the hospital, greeting all of the nurses and doctors, and makes her way to Melissa, handing her some food.

"Why can't you be my daughter?" Melissa asks, happily taking the food and Sarah lets out a small laugh. Melissa was already like her mother, she was the person that Sarah went to for women's problems after her Mom died. At first, Melissa felt strange mothering a daughter that wasn't her own and felt like it was a betrayal, but she knew that someone had to do it and she would happily help her.

"I'm yours for the rest of the day, where do you want me?" Sarah asks.

"Since you're not qualified and are a child, you can't do much with the patients but you could do me a large favour and help me with the charts." She suggests and Sarah agrees. She and Melissa slowly make their way through them, stopping for little chats to catch up, until Scott comes towards the reception with a bag of food. "Is my son actually bringing me dinner?"

"I thought you wouldn't mind skipping the cafeteria tonight." Scott says, but anyone could see that he wanted something.

"You are the most thoughtful and loving... Conniving little con artist, you are so not getting the car tomorrow night." Melissa tells him.

"Mom-" Scott goes to beg.

"There's a curfew. No car." Melissa says. "I will take that and put it in the fridge since Sarah already brought me some food." She grabs the bag and rushes into the staff room, putting it in the fridge. Sarah doesn't take notice as Scott walks into the bus driver's room, causing the heart rate machine to go off the charts, alerting Melissa into the room. "What are you doing here? Out." Melissa tells him and he leaves the hospital.

"What was he doing?" Sarah asks as she takes a seat back at the desk.

"I have no idea." Melissa mutters and they continue with the work, when it starts to get late, Sarah bids farewell and goes home for some well-deserved sleep. When she wakes up, she notices the time is ten am. She jumps out of bed and grabs some snacks, goes back upstairs and watches tv for the rest of the day. She decides against helping Allison and Lydia get ready for the date and frowns when she realises she has no more snacks. She gets out of her bed and gets dressed in some clothes, then walks into Stiles' room.

"Going to get some snacks, want anything?" She asks her brother.

"There's a curfew." He tells her, not understanding how she's going to go out.

"Dad is out enforcing it and I am his daughter who looks older than 18." Sarah sighs. "Do you want anything or not?"

"Reese's." He answers and Sarah nods, she grabs her keys and drives to a random gas station. She checks her tank and realises it's nearly empty, so she decides she's going to fill it, not taking any notice of the car pulling up across from hers.

"Isn't there a curfew?" She hears a familiar voice ask and when she looks up, she locks eyes with Derek Hale. She rolls her eyes and pulls the nozzle out of her car, pushing the fuel cap closed.

"Yep." She answers and walks past him into the store. She grabs a few snacks and Stiles' recess and then walks up to the till taking a glance out of the window and noticing the two black SUVs blocking Derek's car. She greets the shopkeeper and pays for her stuff, then she walks out of the shop. She walks past the scene that is going on and pays no notice to what is happening, only looking up when she hears her name.

"Sarah?" Argent asks, she resists an eye roll and turns to face him with a confused look.

"Mr Argent." She greets.

"Isn't there a curfew?" He asks her, repeating the same question Derek did.

"Just came to pick up a few things." Sarah tells him.

"You should be careful, you don't know what might lurk in the dark." He tells her, sending Derek a look.

"Like people who punch out car windows?" She asks, looking at the broken window of Derek's car. Derek resists the urge to laugh and clears his throat.

"Drive safely." Argent tells her, he and his goons leave in their SUV and Sarah grabs a card from her glovebox. She walks over to Derek and hands it to him, gaining a confused look.

"They're cheap, should only cost seventy dollars or so." she gestures towards the broken window and he nods in understanding. "Well, that was eventful. I'm going home." She mutters and gets into her car, driving back home. When she walks into the house, she notices that Stiles is gone and her dad isn't there. She lets out a sigh and goes to bed, hoping that Scott and Stiles can explain it later.

A/N: Vote and Comment

Edited : 29/01/23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1.3K 34
βπœπ«π—Όπ¬π¬ 𝗺𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, hope to die❞ Spencer Stilinski. The youngest Stilinski, born only ten minutes after her older brother was. The two were...
405K 7.6K 17
The Sheriff's Daughter (a Jordan Parrish fan fiction) Warning: DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT read unless you're up to Season 4 of Teen Wolf. BIG SPOILE...
1K 29 37
[ B O O K T W O - S E A S O N S 3 A + 3 B ] Four months since defeating the Kanima, Madison Stilinski had lived a normal summer filled with fu...
357K 7.7K 28
**COMPLETED** Kayla Edwards was the popular one, the beautiful, independent, and genius of Beacon Hills High School. After a horrible party that has...