Promises : A Zelink Story

By EmberMan_

(Editing/Rewriting) Set in the time of Twilight Princess. Not in the same Plot. Rated T (Teen) for Strong Lan... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note

Chapter 8

433 19 10
By EmberMan_

Link woke up at exactly 7 in the morning, which was odd, as he was not what someone would call a 'Morning Person'. He rolled around for a bit to try and go back to sleep but he couldn't. Accepting his defeat, he finally got up and saw a note on his bedtable.

Link,

Meet me at the training grounds before 7:15, there are some people who would like to meet you. I have put some Sheikah Royal Clothes next to your bed. Wear them.

Impa

Sure enough, Link found some clothes on a chair next to his bed. He quickly put them on. They were Dark Blue in colour, with the occasionally white, black and gold mixed in, and carried the Sheikah Insignia, emblazoned on its chest area. He then left for the training grounds.

On the way, Link was thinking about who 'The People who wanted to meet him' could be. He had no childhood friends or anybody who he hadn't seen for a while.

When he reached the grounds, he saw around 50 People standing there chatting away to each other. Most of them were women, who looked as old as Impa, and there were young people who looked the same age as Link. He couldn't help but notice some people who he had definately seen in Ordon. He was just about to ask them but he was interrupted.

"Your Hig- Link! You're here!" It was Impa, dressed in the same colour dress as Link's, but it looked more like a soldier's and less regal. 

"Yes Impa, I'm here. Who are all these people? And are they here to meet me?" Link was nervous.

"They are your people Link, the remnants of the Sheikah."

Link suddenly felt a strange sensation in his heart. He felt... pride, guilt and a strange affection towards all of them. He had had many friends and people who became close to him in his life, but they never felt like his Family. But now, these strangers, he felt like they were his family.

"Are you alright?" Impa interrupted his thoughts.

"Yeah... I was just thinking, I feel as if these people are my family."

Impa broke into a wide smile, " But they are. Every Sheikah to have ever lived is your family. These are all your brother and sisters. Now let's introduce you to them. Some of them have been around since... Since it happened, and have been dying to see their new Possible King."

"Wait what do you mean Possible?"

"Oh there's always the chance you'll fail the Trial of the Kings..."

"And what is the Trial of the Kings exactly?" Link gulped, he felt a bit scared now, as if it was anything related to magic, he would not be able to complete the trial at all.

"Worry not my child, I'll explain it to you later. Now, it's time to talk to the people."

With that, Impa looked towards the Crowd and spoke loudly than before, "My Brothers and Sisters, today we're here to welcome back Link Micah Forrester, the Sheikah Prince, to our Tribe!"

Many people cheered. Link heard some of them saying, "He looks so much like his Father." and "He is gonna restore the Sheikah to their former position, I know it!". But he heard one young man, who looked the same age as Link say, "He, King? He looks even worse than his old man."

Link felt a lot of anger after hearing that but he calmed down, he didn't want to set up a bad image of himself in front of his people.

Impa continued, "He is going to be trained by me for the course of a moon's cycle, as he needs to learn our way before attempting The Trial of the Kings! He will attempt it in exactly 4 Weeks, or the next Full Moon. After he prevails, he'll be crowned Ki-"

"He might Fail." Interrupted a voice from the crowd.

"Excuse me?" Said Impa.

"I said he might fail." Said the same voice as the person came forward, revealing himself to be the man from earlier, who was criticising Link. "He hasn't had any training in the Way of the Sheikah whereas, all of the Sheikah Youth, including me, have been training from the age of 7! Yet you see him fit to be King. I daresay anyone of us will make a better King than him!"

"HAYDEN! Shouted a voice from the crowd." It was of an old Sheikah Woman, "Apologize! Immidiaetly!"

"It's fine Dokkaebi." Said Impa. Then turning towards the man she said, "After one month, Link will be trained enough to oust any of you in combat. You'll see."

The man snickered, "I'm sure we will."

"That's enough Hayden! Not another word from you now! I apologize for his actions Your Highness" said the woman turning towards Link.

"It's alright." Said Link Half-heartedly. If this was the trust his people had in him, is he truly fit to lead the Sheikah?

"Now, you all may stay at this fort in the next 4 weeks. Arrangments have been made. After his training is over, you all can be the witness to him attempting the Trial of the Kings and then being given the title of Sheikah King!" Said Impa, eyeing the man named Hayden, to which he responded with another snicker.

After this the Crowd slowly started to disperse, but the familiar faces Link recognised stayed, this include Dokkaebi, another woman, and 2 men.

They slowly started to make their way towards Link.

"Your Highness, it's an honour to finally meet you. I'm Dokkaebi, and this is Midna. These are Bolson and Kapson. Do you by any chance remember us, from Ordon?"

"Yes actually, I was wondering that. How come you were in Ordon?" Link questioned.

"Ah allow me to explain." said  Kapson, "After Lady Impa told us the Queen's, may Hylia rest her soul, final wish, you were given to a man in Ordon. Even though you weren't to be told of your past and background, we had to keep an eye on you. We four were stationed in Ordon and were to look over you, without telling you anything. I daresay we've helped you quite a bit in your childhood, an instance which I could remember over the top of my head would involve the child name Groose."

Link let out a laugh. "Groose... That was you? I always wondered why he stopped bullying me all of a sudden."

"Yes, that along with numerous other things was us. I want apologize if we let anything slip by during our watch."

"No no, as far as I can remember, I had a happy childhood, so thank you for that." Said Link with a smile.

"It was our honour. Now if you'd excuse us, we must retire to our rooms. We're terribly tired from our Long Journey."

"Of course." Said Link.

They bowed and left for their rooms. Only Dokkaebi stayed.

"Your Highness, I'd like to apologize again for the behaviour of my son. I assure you, we have got nothing against the royal family. It's just that he feels, he would make a better king, he's wrong of course. He's way too arrogant to be a good King. I hope his words didn't hurt you in any way."

"No Dokkaebi, it's alright. I expect many people to think the same. He's right after all isn't he, I only learned yesterday, that I was Sheikah. How can I be king?"

"Now Link, you mustn't think that. I'll train you to the best of my abilities and you'll be a great King." Said Impa.

Dokkaebi smiled. "I'll take my leave now Your Highness." She bowed and left.

"Now Link, it's time for your training to commence. From now on, I will treat you as a student. Is that ok?"

"Of course." Replied Link.

Impa smiled, "I'll be back with our equipment."

A/N : Yes, after a lot of delays it's here! Chapter 8! Lemme know what you think of it! Also were so close to the big 1K! I definately feel like it's doable with this chapter! I'll not set any fixed date for Chapter 9 as I know I can't follow them XD. Anyways it'll be here asap. Also you may notice there is no mention of Zelda in this chapter. Don't fret, I haven't forgotten about her and so hasn't Link. More in the next chapter. Also this book is coming to an end soon as of know, I feel like there are gonna be 11 chapters and a prologue or 10 chapters and a prologue. I have got an idea for a sequel which is gonna be 90% ZeLink. So let me know if you want me to continue to the sequel. Also I noticed I made an error last chapter. Link is not the King but the Prince, as he has to pass the trial first. I'll change it asap. So that's it for this chapter and I'll see you in the next one. Thanks for all the love and support!
Peace!
<3

Word Count (Excluding A/N) : 1323 (I'm satisfied with this after the short last chapter xD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 76 27
~Having returned after two years, I decided to edit The Heroes' Rebirth. I changed (hopefully) all of the spelling errors, fixed the grammar and chan...
694 26 12
"Under the oath of the goddess Hylia, you shall protect the prince. Blessings on you, and the other champions." Link, the prince of Hyrule, has an an...
3.7K 135 38
For centuries the wielders of the Triforce have been trapped in a seemingly endless battle between good and evil. It's simple: the Hero and the Princ...
5.5K 400 29
While legends come to us from distant past, others have yet to be written. What happens when Zelda, the heroine reborn, finds herself in the ruined...