Arcanum Hominem (#1)

By ScarWri

Book #1 ARE-KAY-NOOM AH-MEE-NEM Mysterious Man She can't see through him, but he sees right through her. She... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Epilogue

Chapter 2

2.4K 106 54
By ScarWri

I slept well last night. Dilan actually listened and didn't have sex with boyfriend number three in our dorm room and I heard her come back late in the night. I'm a light sleeper, so I hear everything. I actually emailed Professor Arnault before going to bed, but he didn't respond by the time I fell asleep. Opening up my laptop, I went straight to my email. I had a few from my other classes that I will look at later, right now, something else was more important. He actually responded. There it was, begging me to open it. I opened it.

Good morning Scarlett,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It slipped my mind that you would have to make up these hours due to my absence. To make up those hours, I will have you teach all four of my classes this upcoming Monday. I hope you are up for the challenge. Have a nice weekend.

Killian Arnault.

I sat back in bed, a smile growing on my face. All four classes? That is indeed a challenge. I didn't know that much about creative writing, which were two of the four classes he taught. I knew enough to get me through the one class I did teach for him. His other creative writing class was advanced.

Wait. Have a nice weekend? I looked at my phone. It's currently Wednesday. Did he not plan on coming back in time for Thursday's World History class? I groaned, sinking into my pillows. Five days without seeing his face. More like five days to plan. That's better. I sat up, a smile back on my face. I'll use this time to do the research needed for his creative writing classes and finalize what I want to do to get his attention. Tossing my laptop to the side, I sat on the edge of my bed and watched my roommate as she slept. Her fire red hair was a mess, sheets barely covering her almost naked body. She's so lucky to be able to find someone so easily to sleep with. Sometimes I wish it were that easy for me. Sighing, I got up from my bed and stretched, bones popping from the lack of movement.

I decided I was going to go to the library for a bit to do some research on creative writing. I'm only student teaching for Professor Arnault because my advisor said it would look good on my record. I finished getting ready, donning a simple black hoodie with gray leggings and shoved my feet in running shoes.

"Where are you going?" The groggy voice of my roommate filled the room and I turned to look at her as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"To the library." I said, closing the small closet door.

"Why?" She asked me, slowly sitting up in her small bed. I made a face.

"Why are you asking so many damn questions?" I asked her, grabbing my backpack from the floor. She was never this interested in my whereabouts, so I don't know why she is now.

"I'm bored. I have no one to hangout with." She whined, lifting up her arms and dropping them just as quickly, her head leaning back against the wall.

"Ask one of your boyfriends." I told her, slamming the door behind me as I left our dorm room. Bored? And she really thought I would want to hang out with her? The three in a half years we've been roommates, we never hangout once. She was too wild for my taste, I'd rather sit in the library with a book or write a story in a notebook, getting lost in a fantasy world. She would find that boring, as I would find getting blackout drunk at a party boring. So we had a mutual understanding of each other and never got in the other's way. Maybe since we were getting close to graduation, she thought it would be a great time to finally bond. She thought wrong.

It was pretty early in the morning still, about 7 a.m., so there weren't many people out and about. Most classes started at 9 a.m. There were a few who had 8 a.m. classes, but even they wouldn't be out this early. This time was for the athletes and nerds. Like me. The ones who sat in the library from open to close if time permitted. The air was cool on my skin and I breathed it in, reminding myself how great life was. A few birds chirped and the clouds in the sky were slightly dark, making today a nice cloudy day. Just how I like it. The walk to the library didn't take long at all and I made it there in no time. The library officially opens at 8 a.m., but Sarah, the librarian, knows me and lets me in early. I made sure she was the first person I bonded with then I got here.

"Hi there." I spoke, a soft smile on my face. I hated smiling for no reason, and smiling during a greeting was pointless to me. But it made for great conversation and didn't make people think I was crazy, so I went with it. The short, petite woman turned around, a huge smile gracing her round face. She was wearing a long button down dress with blue and white stripes. Her glasses were perched on her nose, soft wrinkles appearing in the corners of her eyes as she recognized me.

"Hi! Scarlett! It's so nice to see you this morning. Anything I can do for you, or are you just here to browse?" She asked me, her voice mousy and soft.

"I'm just here to browse, do some research for a class I'm teaching for." I explained to her, adjusting my backpack. Now this is when I would want to walk away, but it's courteous to let the other person give a response to your statement before leaving. I sighed inwardly.

"Oh, that's nice and so smart of you! Better to be over prepared than underprepared am I right?" She said with too much excitement, her laughs coming out in spurts, slightly annoying me. I gave her one last smile.

"Uh huh, definitely. I'll see you later." I gave her a small wave and made my way to the corner of the library, away from Sarah.

"Let me know if you need anything!" Her voice carried and I didn't respond. I found a perfect table that had two chairs on either side of it, in the back, away from people. There weren't many students in here. A few at the computers and others scattered throughout, sitting at the table or in between the rows of bookshelves. I put my bag down on the table and sat down, pulling out my laptop. I googled 'top creative writing books to read' and of course, a large list pooped up. I scanned the list, and pulled out my notebook, writing the top three most talked about books down on paper. Once I was done, I went to my email so that I could respond to Professor Arnault. I want to call him Killian so badly, but I know if I do behind closed doors, I would slip up and call him that to his face and I didn't want to have any strikes against me in case he didn't like that. I have to play it safe.

I didn't respond to the email right away because I didn't want want to seem too needy, but now is a perfect time. I opened up his email.

Professor Arnault,

Thank you for your swift response. Four classes definitely sounds doable and I am up for the challenge. You have a nice weekend as well.

Regards,

Scarlett Edwards

I read over the email a few times before pressing send. There was nothing in my email worth responding back to, so I had nothing to look froward to from him. Maybe if I distract myself and not think about him for these few days, at least until the day before I see him, maybe these days will pass by quicker. Content with that plan, I got up from my table and went to find the books. They were harder than I thought to find because they were in an entirely different section than the normal books. I wish I knew that before wasting precious time. Finally finding the first book, I browsed through it to see if it was something I would like.

"Letty."

I gritted my teeth at the voice and that nickname and slammed the book in my hand shut. I was standing in front of a bookshelf, another tall one behind me as well. The speaker was standing to my right, blocking the path I planned on taking to leave this area.

"What the hell do you want, Carrow?" I asked through gritted teeth, slowly turning around to face him. He had a sly grin on his face and his eyes shamelessly roamed my body. I was literally wearing a hoodie and leggings. His baby blue eyes lit up when I spoke and he ran his fingers through his dark brown hair, brows raising at my tone.

"Why the animosity Letty, I haven't even done anything yet." He complained, poking out his bottom lip. I glanced at his lip, frowning.

"Please stop that. And you know why. Stop following me." I pushed past him, looking for the next book. I heard his footsteps behind me.

"Come on, why won't you talk to me anymore? You won't even tell me what I did wrong." He huffed as I stopped in from of another bookcase, fingers sliding across the authors last names to find this book. My finger stopped. I found it.

"It's not what you did. It's what you didn't do." I told him, not elaborating. I pulled the book from the shelf and browsed through it like I did the first one. This seems good enough. Time to find the last one. From the corner of my eyes as I turned, I saw him make a face.

"What I didn't do? What the hell are you talking about?"

I stopped in front of the next bookshelf that held the book I wanted and fully turned to him.

"Remember a few months ago when we met?" I asked him, holding the two books close to my chest. He nodded.

"Yes, we met at a writing convention."

"Exactly, we hit it off, I marveled at your intelligence. Then what happened?" I asked him, turning to the bookshelf to find my last book.

"We started talking and we meshed well together." He told me and I shook my head as he left out an important detail.

"That's not all Carrow. I told you that I wasn't interested in getting to know each other, remember? What did I want from you?" I found the book I wanted and like the first two, browsed through it. He mumbled and I looked up from the book. "What was that? I couldn't hear you?"

"You wanted to sleep with me." He mumbled out, loud enough for me to hear this time. I smiled.

"Correct. I wanted to fuck you and you said you wanted to get to know me first. But I didn't want that. So what did I tell you?" I raised my brows at him.

"That when I want to sleep with you, hit you up." He shoved his hands in his pockets, looking at the ground.

"Exactly! So why after that time, have you followed me and tried to call me many times in order to have a conversation?" I asked him, placing the third book on top of the other two in my hands and faced him fully again.

"Because you're a beautiful, smart woman and I just want you to give me a chance." He answered, looking at me with his pretty blue eyes, wide and innocent.

"I don't have time for that. So unless you're taking me up on my offer, please get out of my way." I waited for him to move.

"But Scar-"

"Get the fuck, out of my way Carrow." I growled, narrowing my eyes at him. He quickly moved out of my way that time and I made my way back to my table, letting out a breath when I sat down. What's his deal? I gave him a simple offer, he declined, so I left him alone. But he just wouldn't take no for an answer. I rolled my eyes and pulled my hair back in a ponytail. Now, time to do some research.

After about three hours of research, I closed the third book, leaning back into my chair. My brain hurts from all the information I consumed. I thought it would be more challenging, but it's actually pretty digestible. I packed up my things and put the books back in their correct spaces. I waved to Sarah as I left the library out of courtesy, and walked back to my dorm room.

As soon as I opened the door, grunts and moans reached my ears. I glanced at Dilan's bed to find her and Jack, I think was his name, going at it. They didn't stop when I entered the room, which was the norm for us. I usually put my headphones in and pretend nothing is going on and they either pretend or don't care that they have an audience.

"Hey Scarlett!" Jack, boyfriend number one I think, the main, spoke to me through huffs. I placed my backpack on the floor, kicking my shoes off.

"Hi Jack." I gave him a quick smile and hurried to put on my headphones before he could try and carry a conversation with me. I don't know why, but he always tried to carry conversations while he was deep in Dilan. That made me feel awkward, and I don't get awkward. I pulled out my journal, deciding to add another entry.

Journal Entry #2

Hi there. I don't know what to call you. I might not call you anything just to make it easier. I have enough names to keep up with as it is. This is the second day in a row I'm writing in this thing, and it's kind of therapeutic I guess. I'm not sure how many times a day I have to write in here, but I guess I'll figure that out the more I write. Anyway, today was decent. All I did was research for Professor Arnault's creative writing class, the advanced one and I thought time passed by, but it's still morning. I forgot I wake up early as hell. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. Maybe just sleep or something since I don't have any other classes until tomorrow.

I guess I should tell you what Professor Arnault emailed in response to the one I sent him last night. He said that I will be teaching four of his classes on Monday to make up for the lost hours, so that's why I was doing the research. I want Monday to come like now. I know I told myself that I would distract myself so that I wouldn't think about him, but it's so hard. He was in my dreams last night, whispering dirty deeds in my ear as he took me from behind, one strong hand on my left hip, pulling me back hard on his thick cock, the other on the wall in front of us. His lips moved from my ear to my neck, sucking on the skin. The slight pain sent a shock down to my core and I clenched around him, dragging out a hoarse moan from his lips.

OKAY WHOA! The writer in me popped out and I almost couldn't stop myself. I don't think I'm making my situation any better by writing it down because now I can just come back to this journal and read what I wrote. I'm sighing right now, willing myself to calm down. I need a distraction. OH, I almost forgot, I ran into Carrow today. You know, the one I wanted to fuck badly a few months ago? Yeah, him. He turned me down because he wanted to get to know me. Like have an actual relationship. I almost laughed in his face when he said that. I don't do relationships. I fuck, and I fuck hard. Then, I move on if he can't satisfy me anymore. That's what I wanted, but he couldn't give that to me, so I politely told him that I would rather not have conversations with him.

He couldn't take no for an answer and now he keeps stalking me, pleading with me. I think there's something really wrong with him, but he's harmless. Anyway, I'm tired of writing in here now. I might take a nap, yeah a nap sounds good. Maybe I'll write in here later today, maybe tomorrow. We'll see. What I really want is for time to move so I can start executing my plans. Dilan and Jack are done fucking each other now, so I can take these uncomfortable headphones off and actually move around in this small dorm room. I'll update you sometime later. Hopefully with juicier details than what I put in here today.

See ya,

Scarlett Edwards

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 2.5K 57
"Do you normally make-out with the people you're hired to kill? It doesn't strike me as very professional." "Put the gun down," Gabriel panted, not...
1.1K 173 21
After an abusive relationship, college sophomore Ava Winters begins a spree of vigilante killing against the men she deems evil at her university. Yo...
332K 11.1K 53
My whole life is 'have to.' I have to work full-time to pay the bills and keep food on the table. I have to finish college for a chance at a bette...
159 10 18
Alex Vosler has had her fair share of love and loss. It seems that bad luck follows her and rubs off onto the people she gets closest to. Moving to...