Running For Miles | ✓

By Gemma_Grace_

Eden Rivers is the new girl, she transferred from Pennsylvania in the middle of the year, on the run from an... More

Running For Miles
Characters
Prologue
01 ➳ Meeting Lila
02 ➳ New Girl
03 ➳ My Personal Bully
04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone
05 ➳ Tater Tots
06 ➳ Emotionless Player
07 ➳ Are You Stoned?
08 ➳ Few Screws Lose
09 ➳ You're All Pathetic
10 ➳ Loneliness And Anxiety
11 ➳ It's A Drug Thing
12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes
13 ➳ Jump Off Of A Cliff
14 ➳ I'm Just Fucked Up
15 ➳ Drugs Are Bad
16 ➳ Rich People
17 ➳ My Old Friend Molly
18 ➳ In A Friend Way
19 ➳ Lila's Almost Doppelganger
20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?
21 ➳ Option Two
22 ➳ The Comedown
23 ➳ The Party
24 ➳ The Rooftop
25 ➳ Arden Roson
26 ➳ Sorry Dad
27 ➳ New Haven
28 ➳ Pinky Promise
29 ➳ Trauma
30 ➳ I Love You Too
31 ➳ Hard, Meaningless, Sex
32 ➳ Kian Karrington
33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships
34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit
35 ➳ Feelings Are Overrated
36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?
37 ➳ Until Lila Hayes
38 ➳ Baby Steps
39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too
40 ➳ Until Miles Hale
41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types
42 ➳ Suck Him Off
44 ➳ I Love You
45 ➳ Lila's Story
46 ➳ Beautiful Ghost
47 ➳ Boys Can Cry Too
48 ➳ He's Broken
49 ➳ That Wasnt Sex
50 ➳ Bye Mom
51 ➳ Found You
52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird
53 ➳ The Kian Thing
54 ➳ Forever And Always
55 ➳ I Would Punch Hale
56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?
57 ➳ Forever And Ever
58 ➳ Incest
59 ➳ Goodbye
60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire
61 ➳ Lakyn or Boston
62 ➳ Let's Play A Game
63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen
64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him
65 ➳ Get Off Me
66 ➳ Blood, Tears, And Heartbreak
67 ➳ I Deserved Hale
68 ➳ What Did You Do?
69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged
70 ➳ It's Just Us Now
Epilogue

43 ➳ Enemies With Benefits

8.4K 183 150
By Gemma_Grace_

RUNNING
FOR   MILES

Today is Friday, April the third to be exact.

Now to some today is just the same plain old Friday where school or work finishes and you can finally relax or drink till you blackout but this isn't just any normal Friday nor any normal third of April. Eighteen years ago, today Lilac Marie Hayes was born.

After a few long weeks of trying to brainstorm the perfect birthday for our favorite blonde, we had finally figured out how we were going to make it different and better from all of the others.

To tell the truth, it took a while for us to decide what we would do, Hale and Lakyn wanted to get drunk at the dock. I had objected as I knew all too well that Lila would rather chuck herself into the lake and drown along with all the other possible people that have drowned in the kelp infested water.

My idea was to take her back to New Haven and maybe stay in a hotel there that overlooked the beach, cause while I for one hated the sand, I knew that that day, until Lakyn dunked her in the water, made her really happy as she was somewhat free and had nothing to worry about while the sand was between her toes and the soft crashing waves ringing in her ear.

Now I never thought I would say this but it was all thanks to Lakyn and his truly despicable mind that we had all agreed on a mean yet nice idea for Lila's birthday. The idea was a surprise party and that we would pretend that we had forgotten that it was Lila's birthday and that we would then surprise her after school with cake and her presents.

So, the plan for today was for Hale to say a blunt happy birthday to Lila in the morning so that she didn't suspect any dodgy business going on yet still making her feel as though we had forgotten her birthday. I begged for them to let me say happy birthday but the boys had told me a stern no and that I was strictly not allowed to go near Lila as they said my supposed big mouth would spill our plan.

I'm sure that you could imagine the lightning speed and glares they sent me when Lila had rounded the corner and we had made eye contact. I went to wave at her as she looked somewhat sad but then instantly happier when her pretty blue eyes made instant eye contact with my green ones.

Hale was the one to get to me first as he had swiftly picked me up and awkwardly dashed me down the hallway and away from the poor blonde who was left alone in the hallway. I smacked Hale for doing that as I instantly regretted agreeing to this horrid plan as I felt like the worst best friend, but he had managed to calm me down and reassure me that we had to do this and that the day was almost over.

What he had meant by 'Had to do this' was because unfortunately this morning Hale had got a text from Alison, Lila's mother, saying that she won't be able to spend Lila's birthday with her as Foster is dragging her to one of his business meetings that were going to be held a few hours away from here but she had insisted that they would be back tonight.

My heart broke at that as I couldn't imagine anything worse than finally having your mother back especially for my birthday and then all to have her being taken away for the millionth time but this one being by my selfish and inconsiderate father.

But lucky enough for us, their absence was a good thing well for our plan I should say, as now we could host our surprise there instead of Hales. We had planned to get a banner that said 'Happy Birthday Lila!' and of course a cake that had been ordered a few days ago it's light purple, lilac to be exact, while it has Lilas favorite handbag and heels on it.

But we needed a slight distraction to happen so that Lila wouldn't come home straight away and see us mid setting up, that would be bad. There was only one person that was perfect to distract Lila and that is the annoying Blaire Younge.

She knew that something was instantly up and that she would pester us until we told her, we gave in as we needed someone to slightly distract Lila for a while so we told Blaire our plan and that she could take Lila on a shopping spree after school, she happily complied and promised to keep her mouth shut.

So that brings me to now.

Currently, Lakyn and I are all running around Lila's kitchen like headless chickens. This is all due to one major problem that had occurred while Hale was out getting flowers and the massive helium balloons we had ordered as well.

"It's not my fucking fault that the fucking old bat at the cake place mixed our order up and won't do a refund!" Lakyn yelled at me as we both stared down at the large cake that still laid in the white box.

I went to bite my black chipped nails but I stopped myself from going through with the gross and bad habit and instead put my hand on my hip, "Well we can't give her a cake that says 'Sorry for your lose George' with a little cat on it!"

"Well fuck Eden maybe we can try and fix it?" Lakyn questioned as he tilted his head at the cake.

I nodded my head as I rushed over to my bag and grabbed out two boxes of funfetti cake mix and a few different frostings. I had bought them with just in case of an emergency and because I really wanted us to try and bake a cake for Lila but there was one catch, I can't cook.

There must have been a million times that I had attempted to cook, even the simplest of things, but I had somehow managed to burn or mess up the dish. I only blame one person for this and that would be my mother. My mother was supposed to be the one that taught me my cooking skills but no instead she was too busy cheating on my father, getting a divorce, and then finally injecting five minutes' worth of happiness into her arm.

"You can't seriously expect me to cook this right?" Lakyn asked disgustedly as he looked at the two boxes of funfetti cake mix as if they had vomited on his shoes, "I can't fucking cook Eden!"

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "Well today you are going to learn because I'm going to attempt to fix this damn cake."

"Who died and put you in charge?" Lakyn snapped as he walked over to the kitchen and rummaged around for a while until he found a knife, "You can cook, while I fix it."

I watched him blankly as he couldn't be serious but when he stood back in front of the cake, holding the knife awfully close to the cake I rushed at him and tried my best at tackling him so that he was away from the cake and couldn't ruin it any more.

"What the fuck?!" a deep and husky voice said as the soft sound of bags being set down onto the floor rang through the house.

Lakyn turned around with me still clinging to his back, like I said I tried to tackle him but it, unfortunately, didn't go as it had in my head, and the knife still in his pale hand, "He tried to ruin the cake." I blurted out as I slid off of Lakyn's back.

"This isn't my fault, it's yours and the old bitches at the cake shop." Lakyn said with a scowl plastered to his model-worthy face.

"I was gone for less than ten minutes." Hale whined, "What the fuck happened?"

After filling Hale in on what had happened, he had assigned himself and Lakyn on cake fixing duty as apparently, they know a lot more about cake than me so Hale had the told me I was in charge of setting up all of the decorations and attempting to make the cake if they couldn't fix the cake.

It had taken the boys about half an hour to fix the cake. They had discovered that the cake was made out of red velvet which lucky for us was Lila's favorite but I really just think it was Hales as he pretty much drooled over the big sliver, they had taken off the top of the cake.

The boys had then put a whole heap of buttercream icing to try and cover the fact that they had taken a huge chunk off of the top of the cake, they then used red icing to write a very messy 'Happy Birthday Lila', then off to the right of the cake they had tried their hardest in drawing a handbag and heels.

"That's so ugly." I snorted as I looked down at the cake they had somehow managed to make even worse.

Lakyn sighed as Hale rolled his eyes, "I'd like to see how yours turned out then princess."

I smirked as I pushed my cake towards them, for once I was actually proud of how my cooking had turned out as I had literally followed the exact measurements and sat down on Lila's kitchen floor in front of the oven watching as the cake cooked.

"Fuck okay." Hale said as he picked the cake up and carefully put it onto the lazy Susan that Lakyn had found.

After what felt like a few hours which was only a mere fifteen maybe twenty minutes I had finally finished decorating Lila's kitchen. I had hung the happy birthday banner which was in holographic-like font up on the furthest wall, with the help of Hale lifting me up and Lakyn telling me if it was straight, there were also balloons on either side of the banner.

Once a few minutes had past and while we were doing one or two small touch-ups, it was finally the moment that we had all been waiting for.

We all rushed into our places as we heard the front door slam shut behind a very unsuspecting Lila Hayes who was about to get the biggest surprise of her life, well I at least hope it's her otherwise someone is about to have a heart attack.

As soon as Hale and I saw a whole heap of blonde hair come around the corner, we all yelled surprise as loud as we could which resulted in Lila to freeze in her place. As if on cue realization had hit her and that was when hot tears started to roll down her pale face.

Hale was first to reach Lila as he pulled her into a tight hug, "Happy birthday, Purple."

"Thank you, smiles." She said softly while she tried to not sniffle.

After sending a glare up at Hale to try and hint that their hug had gone on long enough and that I wanted to finally hug and say happy birthday to my best friend, he soon caught on and let go of her and as soon as he did I flung into her as I couldn't help but smile, "Happy birthday!" I squealed, "You have no idea how much it killed me ignoring you today."

"You have no idea how much it killed me." She retorted, releasing me from the tight hug we had been in.

I pouted as I instantly felt bad but I didn't really have much of a choice as I was outnumbered, "Don't make me feel bad."

Lila smiled as she shook her pretty, neat, blonde hair, "I am not." She replied gratefully. "Thank you both so much for everything."

"Aw, fuck." Lakyn said as he came from around the corner with a smirk on his face, "I missed it."

I rolled my eyes at him as I had told him not to go to the bathroom but apparently, he had to just once as he had never pissed in a palace before. So, I guess pissing in a said palace is what had caused him to miss out on scaring the crap out of Lila his enemy... with benefits?

Well, that's what I would class them in my personal opinion. My reasoning is simple as they used to be or well sort of still are enemy's that part is a little foggy to me because they still argue but it's not as bad as it was a few months ago.

But the benefits part is confirmed, one being that I saw with my own damn eyes Lakyn walking out of the girl's bathroom, he could have been with anyone but Lila wasn't with us in the library and the way that they had been looking at each other lately, it just made the most sense to me.

The second reason was purely due to the fact that Lila had said on the phone 'Just tease him and he will tell you anything that you want.' and I'm sure she took her own advice and ended up having a mouthful of Lakyn, as I know that if hale exploded like he did then Lakyn would have been a million times worse and a blowjob would be the only thing to calm his raging anger.

Hale cleared his throat, pulling me out of my thoughts and making Lila and Lakyn pull away from their hug. Hale sent me a look toward the conjoined present, I quickly grabbed it as it was finally time to give it to Lila.

"This is from all of us." I announced, passing a small Tiffany blue bag with a silver ribbon to a very shocked Lila.

She carefully took the bag gently from me as she walked over to one of the stools before seating herself down, feeling embarrassed as Lakyn, Hale, and I all observed her closely, hoping and begging that she loves the charm bracelet we had all got her.

Lila placed the small bag on the countertop, untying the bow before placing her small pale hand inside and pulling out a charcoal colored jewelry box. She gasped excitedly as she opened it, her ocean blue eyes seemed to analyze the silver bracelet and all the charms that we had chosen for it.

"Do you like it?" I asked impatiently as I bite my lip.

Lila nodded her head without a second thought. "I love it, so much." she replied with a wide smile, "Thank you all so much."

We all nodded before Lakyn took it upon himself to unclasp Lila's bracelet and put it onto her wrist. The small yet cute gesture was enough to make my heart flutter with warmth as this just proved to me that they could really be good for each other.

But the person to my right didn't seem to think so.

As I looked up at Hale a murderous glare was strung onto his perfectly sculpted face; It looked as if he was trying to burn Lakyn's hand off that had slightly brushed up against Lila's wrist. It was obvious that he still thought that they were enemy's and that they would never be anything more or less.

I believe that's why he's so angered as he cannot handle the sight of his 'little sister' being with someone especially that someone being his blonde-haired best friend.

Slowly I took a small side step closer to him where I grabbed his hand which had caused his eyes to pull themselves off of Lakyn and Lila and instead down onto me which caused me to shiver slightly as his brown eyes glistened into my reassuring ones.

"You deserve it." I said with a smile once Lakyn had put the pretty bracelet onto Lila's wrist.

Hale nodded. "You really fuckin' do."

After that, we all came to a mutual agreement that it was time for cake, though Lakyn and I weren't too confident with our baking skills as it was slightly burnt but Lakyn had said that if we just shoved a whole heap of icing onto it that everything would fine. But I'm sure everything would not be fine when they bit into it and got a bite of gross burnt cake but then a massive blob of icing.

We all sat down around the kitchen island with plates in front of us as Hale sliced the cake and placed a piece on each of our plates. We all simultaneously stabbed our forks into the cake, I watched nervously as everyone shoveled it into their mouths.

"That tastes like absolute shit." my heart sunk as Lakyns voice cut the silence.

I dropped my fork and folded my arms over my chest, "It's not that bad." I whined as I sent him a glare.

Hale then snorted. "It is, princess. I'm really fuckin' sorry but you two cannot bake for shit." he confirmed before turning his attention towards Lila, "We ordered you an actual cake from Melrose's, but they fucked the order up."

Lila pushed her plate away, offering a grateful smile, "It's fine. I appreciate all of this so much." She replied, "I thought I did something wrong, you were all ignoring me." I told them sadly.

"No, no. We just wanted it to be a big surprise," I stated. "well, Lakyn did."

Lila furrowed her eyebrows, turning to him. "This was your idea?"

He clenched his jaw, glaring at me for opening my mouth, "No." he growled, rolling his eyes.

"Aw, sweetie," Lila teased. "I never knew you were one for surprises

Lakyn glared at her "I never knew you were one to swallow," he said with a devilish smirk and everyone's faces dropped, especially Lila's, "but here we are."

Hale practically spat out the remaining cake in his mouth, I was waiting for him to turn into the hulk or something as I could just imagine the amount of anger that was coursing through him right now but at the same time, I had to close my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from bursting into a fit of laughter.

Lila shook her head, her cheeks turning crimson as embarrassment took over her porcelain features, "You can be such a cunt."

Lakyn grinned, "Shut up you two." Hale groaned in annoyance. "Hey, purple. If it makes you feel any better, Eden's definitely a spitter."

Now it was my turn to spit out the small bit of rubbery cake that I had just shoveled into my mouth. My eyes went wide as I looked up at my friends but then my head snapped to Hale's direction as I sent him a death-filled glare.

"You actually did it?" Lila gasped, sending me a pointed look.

Hale then dropped the humorous smirk. "You told her to do it?"

"Wait, so you're telling me that Eden-awkward-and-nerdy-Rivers sucked you off?" Lakyn said, unable to compose his laughter as I sat there quietly as anxiety coursed through my body, unable to say a word.

If there is a god up there please for heaven's sake get me out of this god-awful situation.

Hey Hi Hello

I hope you guys like the chapter!

It's finally Lila's birthday!!  and I guess the cats out of the bag that Eden had sucked Hale off haha, this chapter is most likely being uploaded a little easy as I'm going away for a few days and won't have internet to upload our normal chapter on Sunday.

Please don't forget to vote, leave a comment and go read 'Loving Lakyn' by @sharnahespinosa

GemmaGrace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683K 19.6K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...
333 36 30
Morgan Adams never expected to start her senior year in a new state. Her plans for an amazing year with her friends were pulled right out from under...
2.1K 377 78
---A mistake that went way before she was even born. A mistake that started it all.--- Alyssa wants to escape her past, but what she doesn't know is...
171K 3.5K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...