My Knight In Shining Armor

By DreamOfTheImpossible

He cupped my face with both of his surprisingly soft hands and whispered with his cold mint breath hitting my... More

Intro
Who Are You?
Over Exaggerating
Gentleman
Roses
Saved By The Bell
I Knew Better
Meant To Be
Surprises
The Best For You
Unexplainable
Time Flies
He's Harry?
So Who's The Mystery Boy?
Only Goodbye For Now
On Cue
Be Safe!
A New Adventure
Long Ways From Home
Until Then
Lies.
Anything's Possible
Even More
Fall Into Place
He Promised
Explainations
My Savior
Your What?!
Pool Day!
The Unthinkable
But I Still Care.
Over Stayed.
Anytime Soon
Distress Put To Rest

Once In A Life Time Experience

139 5 0
By DreamOfTheImpossible

Chapter: 16

I stayed in the airport long after Zayn left to his plane, still crying to myself, people passing by giving me strange looks but not one attempted to disturb my sorrow. Finally I looked up from the ground to see many girls 'still looking for Zayn and his friends' I thought to myself and decided it was best if I left the airport before my parents got worried and started to look for me. I wiped the fresh tears streaming down my face that had fallen, also feeling the dry salty tears stick to my face as I made my way outside of the airport.

As I walked out I saw a girl violently shaking and crying she looked up to me with joy in her eyes.

"Did you see them?" She asked joy in her eyes. I looked at her with a small smile, already knowing who she was referring to.

"Yes, and it was amazing." I whispered to her walking off to my car and driving home, still heart broken but felt some sort of happiness giving the girl reassurance.

As I woke up the next morning, bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep I had, I went to school. I tried my best to cover up the events from yesterday as best as I could. Everyone was preparing for summer vacation, in a week we would be off into the summer. All my classes were a bore until I got to Euro History, I had my good friend Amairany in that class. When I walked into the class I saw her look up from her paper, most likely the warm up on the board, and smile at me.

Once class began my teacher went to the middle of the room.

"Class, I have an announcement." I looked up sleepy as I tried my best to stay awake, I was really good in history and enjoyed it, but rightnow In all honesty, I was hating it.

"We will be sending the twenty top test scorers to Europe for them to learn more about Euro History." She said smiling. "The Top people will be called into the counsels office at the end of the period."

'It'll probably be Susan or Fernanda.' I thought to myself laying my head back down on the desk trying to take a quick nap.

I felt someone tap my head and I woke up to see Amairany standing in front of me.

"Elizabeth, they called us up to the counsels office." She said still standing, her hand on her satchel.

"Ughh." I groaned, to tired to get up but I had to.

We went outside and went across the green field to shorten the walk. When we walked in we were greeted with the smell of a floral aroma. The receptionist smiled at us and stood up leading us to the councils office.

Our counselor for the Juniors was there and smiled at us.

"We have some exciting news for you two." She said still maintaining that warm reassuring smile.

"You two scored the highest in your sixth period class, meaning, you guys will be joining the trip to Europe!" She said with joy.

My eyes now wide awake from the new information I had just heard I looked at Amairany. She looked equally as pleased to hear this as me.

"You guys will be leaving in a week most likely, everything is being funded by a charity for high schoolers. All we need is your parents permission to let you two go along with the twenty others and you guys will be on your way!" She said happily looking at me and Amairany for a response.

"How long will we be gone?" I asked trying to gather up everything I had just heard, never had I thought I would score so high in history, I was excellent in that subject but I never expected anything from it.

"Until summer vacation is over. So what do you guys say?" She looked at us intently, hoping for the right answer.

"I can most likely go if my parents and work is okay with it." I said looking at Amairany for her answer.

"If Elizabeth can go then for sure I can go." Amairany said with a smile on her face.

"Well come in tomorrow with an answer because we don't have much time." Our counselor told us sincerely and with that me and Amairany left the office walking to our last period of the day. When we were outside Amairany grabbed my arm to make me look at her.

"I've always wanted to go to Europe! I wonder what part were going to be going to." She wondered out loud and started to walk along with me.

"Well I hope we go to somewhere interesting like Italy or Spain!" She excitedly looking forward.

"Let's just hope that we even are able to though." I said looking at Amairany.

"Yeah your right, well tell me what your parents say and I'll speak to my parents after." She said walking away to her class, as I was.

"Are you sure you want to go on the other side of the globe?" My father asked, concerned with what my counselor told me to ask my parents.

"Yes it's a experience that many don't get, wouldn't you want to go to the trip if you were me?" I told him siting across from him in the arm chair, a coffee table between us.

"She has a point." My mother said looking at my father with her dark brown eyes.

"It's not that, I'm just worried something may happen to you while you stay there." He said looking a me with sad eyes. He really cared for my well being always.

"I promise nothing will happen while I stay there." I said, promises was something I usually kept.

"Okay, I will allow it, but you have to call in every once in a while, or I'll tell them to send you back here." He said looking at his watch.

"You should get to work, it's almost 6 and you have to get on the other side of town." He said looking up at me, seriousness in his eyes. He was always a overprotective father, and for him to let me go all the way around the world was a big deal to him.

"Okay thanks again. I promise I will, I love you mom and dad." I said smiling at them getting up to go to my car, I was already dressed to go.

As I was arriving I noticed the store to be occupied with little people, most likely because it was late already.

My boss was behind the counter waiting for me to come and take his spot, the cash register.

As I made my way around the counter he looked at me suspiciously.

"Your earlier than usually today." He said smirking.

"Just fifteen minuets." I said looking back at him. With that he left to go to the drive through.

The day dragged on for a full 4 hours, it was ten at night and really late, all I wanted was to go home but I had to ask my boss the dying question.

"I have a question." I said tapping his shoulder as he was cleaning the tables.

"Let's hear it." He said looking away from his work going behind the counter.

"I was wondering, if I could have three months off because I'm going on a trip to Europe and I'm going to be gone the whole summer, so if you could give me the summer off, I would be really grateful because its a one in a life time opportunity." I said while I tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear looking up from the floor to see him deep in thought.

"We'll I don't see why not, it'll be a seasonal work time so it'll be more workers and people can take your place." He said moments after.

"Really? Thank you so much! I'll come back and make it up to you!" I said happily.

"Your welcome." He said smiling.

"We'll I should get going now. My parents are waiting for me at home. I'll see you Wednesday! Thanks again!" I said an turned to leave the store.

I called Amairany after the drive home, sitting inside my car.

"Hello?" She asked somewhat sleepily.

"Amairany, they let me go!" I squealed.

"Really? Me too i can't believe we're going to Europe!" She squealed also sounding wide awake now.

"Yeah me either, I thought Fernanda or Susan would be going!"

"I'm so happy!" She said through the phone.

"We'll I have to get inside now, I'll talk to you at school tomorrow okay?" I said happily, knowing one of my best friends was going to the trip of a life time with me

'it doesn't get any better than this.' I thought to myself while walking to my room for a well deserved sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 338 43
I was cuddled on the couch flipping though my channels. Then I rose to my feet and I stood by the window. The sky was tar-black and the large clouds...
104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...
2.7M 27.1K 36
{This is a finished story} "Vanessa?" A deep voice called out. I turned to face him, quickly wiping away the tears that began. "Yes?" I smiled, hold...
38.3K 856 38
"No matter how far we go I want the whole world to know I want you bad. And I won't have it any other way. No matter what the people say I know that...