Long Ways From Home

Chapter: 20

I walked out to see a busy street with busy people walking back and forth. I saw Amairany waiting for me impatiently. She smiled as she saw me but dragged me by my hand guiding me through the crowds. And slowing down soon enough.

"So what should we do?" She said ,she completely stopped and looked at me.

"I don't know, honestly, we're in a city we barely know." I said as I looked around at the people, they were really white from the skin. I looked at how Amairany looked so out of place with her naturally tanned skin, I fit in somewhat because I looked white skinned but I wasn't, I was Hispanic.

"Let's be simple and look for coffee first, I've been dying for a cup since we got off the plane." She smiled and we walked along the side walk.

"Don't we have to change our cash to Euros or something though?" I asked looking at her curiously.

"Your right. But where do we go to do that?" She asked looking around curiously.

"Google it." I said smiling, google always had an answer to the most interesting things, but also had absurd questions also. As I waited for Amairany to finish looking it up I looked around everywhere, the streets were busy, buildings everywhere, some new some were really old judging by the colors and structure.

"Okay so it says to go to an ATM." She said pausing and looking at me from her phone.

"But where's an ATM." She spoke to herself thinking out loud.

"Shouldn't there be one in a bank or something?" I said looking at her.

"Yeah let's walk around and look for one though." She said looking around the streets.

"Shouldn't we at least check the hotels name?" I commented as I saw her walking away.

"Don't worry I'll remember." She said as she continued to walk turning a corner. I ran to not lose her and saw another hotel.

"Maybe they have an ATM in that hotel?" I suggested as she kept walking. She stopped and looked at the hotel.

"It wouldn't hurt to ask." I told her as she hesitated.

"Your right." She said as she crossed the street on a crosswalk area, I followed behind her trying to catch up still. We walked through the doors and saw this one was red with wood. 'They sure do like to keep it simple.' I thought to myself.

"May I help you?" A man asked nicely.

"Yes, we were wondering if you had an ATM here." Amairany spoke for me.

"Why yes this way." He said his accent not as thick as our butlers.

Showing us she exchanged about two hundred from her own account.

I got my bank card out and exchanged three hundred US dollars in Euros, just in case I needed something.

We both put our money in our clutches, thanking the man.

"Okay now for coffee." I said looking at her and heading out, this time I was leading the way.

We spent thirty minuets just looking around until we found a Starbucks. This Starbucks looked so much nicer than the U.S. Starbucks. It felt somewhat cozier.

We got our coffee, Carmel Frappucinos.

"So what did Zayn say when you told him?" She asked while sipping her drink looking at me curiously.

"Nothing, just to have fun." I lied, and felt guilt.

"Hmm that was nice of him." She said looking at the artificial fire place.

"Did your parents say anything before you left?" I asked trying to make a conversation.

"Yeah they said be safe." She said looking at me.

"My mom said that but in a whole different matter." I said, chuckling at the memory.

"Really? What did she say?" She asked curiously and our conversation started with different things and random things only best friends would understand.

After what seemed two hours I finally said standing up. "We should get going, look around more while its still light." I said now wide awake from my coffee I had.

"Your right." She said also standing up and following me out.

The air was breezy and moderate, a perfect weather other than the clouds, I loved this kind of weather though.

"Wow look at that!" Amairany said pointing at a Odd looking Ferris wheel.

"Want to go check it out?" I asked admiring the tallness of the wheel.

"It's so far away though." She said wrinkling her nose at the thought of walking all the way over there.

"It's a long walk, we might visit it while we stay here, and if we don't, we can visit it on our own time." I said looking away from the wheel also. I looked up to see the pink sky's, signaling that the sun was setting.

"Maybe we should get home." Said Amairany watching the sun also set, it was less empty where we were standing but people still moving from and fro everywhere.

"We're a long ways from home Amairany, a very long way." I said as I walked to her following her all the way to the hotel.

Zayn's POV:

"Zayn! Mom said to come down for dinner!" Safaa yelled.

"Coming!" I said looking down at my phone, wondering if I should call Elizabeth or not, she was probably still asleep from the time difference though.

"No! Now!" Yelled Safaa.

I walked out and walked down stairs and saw everyone sitting at the table already.

Taking my seat next to my mother, I ate the dinner she prepaid for us.

We discussed the usual, like the daily weather, the news and such.

When we finished I helped my mum wash the dishes.

"You seem a little off Zayn." She commented when she was putting a plate away looking at me, a serious look.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I finished the last plate and turning to her, my hands leaning on the counter top supporting me.

"Well I was just wondering what was on your mind." She replied looking up to me.

"Nothing is-"

"Is it a girl?" She asked bluntly.

"Maybe." I said looking away from my mother wondering if it was a right time to go home now.

"You know you can tell me anything." She said, now done putting away all the plates.

"I do mum, but rightnow might not be the time to discuss this." I said as I made my way to my car keys.

"I really have to get home, I have to get rest, tomorrow I have to get up early and go to the studio and a lot of other things, I'll talk about it with you next time I come, okay ." I said smiling at her reassuringly and in honesty. She smile back, happily.

"Okay, you better." She warned playfully still smiling.

"Have a safe drive. I love you." She said standing on her toes and giving my cheek a kiss before I left.

I knew I could never hide anything from my mom, she was my rock. That's why I could come to her with everything, I know she would just love to hear about Elizabeth.