Treasure

By CapSwanJones

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 32

307 11 3
By CapSwanJones

A few weeks later...

Emma was happier than usual. Her father had agreed to let Killian escort her to Arendelle as long as he approved of the captain's sailing. That would not be an issue, Killian was an excellent sailor, probably the best there is. The sea was in his bones and sailing in his heart. Kilian was sailing since he was a lad. Now they were just waiting for the King to have a day off to enjoy some time on the sea.

The princess was also glad because many of her lessons were coming to an end. She had spent the majority of her life learning about Misthaven, its alliances, proper princess etiquette, a queen's duties and so much more. Since she was a baby her mother would tell her tales of Misthaven's past and ever since then, everything seemed to turn into a lesson. Even though her mother meant well with all the teaching, Emma was thrilled it would be over. Now she had more time to focus on Killian. She still had other responsibilities of course, but nothing that would consume her whole day as her lessons once did.

Killian had finally made a full recovery from the incident at the ball. The man who stabbed him was exiled from Misthaven, the King and Queen decided not to kill him... The thought of the mysterious man still out there worried Emma, but Killian seemed unaffected by the situation. Perhaps he was used to people trying to kill him...

Nonetheless, life went on. This week her birthday ball would be held and everyone would be attending. The entire kingdom of Misthaven and even some friends from other kingdoms. It would also be her last week with August as well. He was leaving on the yearly tradition of checking on Misthaven's alliances. He did so well last year the King and Queen decided to send him again...

    "Care to share your thoughts, lass?" Killian asked Emma as they walked through the castle's halls.

    "Just thinking." Emma responded vaguely with a smile.

    "When do you suppose your father would like to go sailing?" He asked as time was running out.

    "I don't really know. I suppose we could go and ask." She responded.

The two of them then searched the large palace from room to room, finally finding the King in the ballroom with the Queen, finalizing details for their daughter's ball.

    Snow saw them entering the room, bringing a smile to her face, "What a lovely surprise." She said.

    Emma made her way over to her mother giving her a hug, then her father. "Hello mother, father." She said with a smile.

Killian stood there silent with a slight smile, never really sure what to do in moments like this.

    "Do you like it?" David asked, referring to the decorations in the ballroom.

    "It's lovely, father." Emma responded with a smile... "Father as you know, I'm leaving next week and you said I could go with Killian once he took you sailing, do you know when you'll have time to go sailing yet?" She continued on.

    "Soon." The King responded vaguely, with a straight face.

    "How about after lunch?" Snow suggested with a smile.

    "I think that's a marvelous idea, the sea never looks better than at midday. We could have lunch on deck as well." Killian added.

    "We can't." David responded quickly. "We have to... go into the village today and... make sure all is right within the kingdom." He added in an unsure tone.

    "David, that can wait, Killian said today is the perfect day to go sailing and I'm starving." Snow responded.

    "Please daddy?" Emma begged while holding onto Killian's arm.

    "I'm sorry, but no. We haven't visited the villages in a while. This has to be done today, we can grab some food at the tavern." The King responded, leaving the ballroom.

    "I'm sorry Emma..." Snow said, placing a hand on her daughter's arm. "Why don't you two join us?" She asked.

    "Maybe I should stay behind..." Killian said, not wanting to cause any more tension between him and Emma's father.

    "Nonsense! I'm sure the kids would love to meet a real-life pirate." Snow interjected.

    "It's true, since you've come to Mistaken our woodcarvers have been busy making toy swords. And a young boy named Henry would love to meet you, I just know it!" Emma added, trying to persuade him.

"Well if you insist." Killian responded with a weary smile.

Shortly after the conversation they all met in front of the castle, a carriage waiting for them. David was not too found that the Captain would be joining them on their journey, this was usually a family affair. However, Snow didn't mind and Emma was more than glad to share a part of her life with him... The ride there was mainly just Emma and Snow talking, Killian said only a few things while David remained silent with his arms crossed and a straight face.

Once they arrived into the village a smile appeared on the villager's faces. The whole Kingdom loved the royal family. The children especially loved Princess Emma, who was marvelous with kids. Killian watched as Emma played with the young girls who ran their fingers all through her dress and hair, messing it up. Emma didn't mind one bit. The young boys doted over her, knowing she was a prize. Many of them brought her drinks and told their tales of how brave they could be and one day they would serve as her knights. Killian mainly hung around the carriage, not sure if he was entirely accepted into the Kingdom yet, but he watched from a distance. The King and Queen went in and out of shops seeing how business was doing and if they needed anything... All was well within the kingdom.

Soon enough they were off once again, heading to the tavern that was on the outskirts of the kingdom. The tavern was the place travelers went to first. There was a nearby stable where travelers could borrow or buy horses. It was the closest business to the castle, allowing the King and Queen to always see when newcomers were arriving and allowing them to reach port quickly if needed...

    "I hope Henry is doing alright..." Emma said quietly, breaking the silence in the carriage.

    "I'm sure he's doing just fine, Geppetto always keeps an eye on him." Snow said with a reassuring smile.

    "Who's Henry?" Killian asked.

    "A young man. He traveled here on a ship when he was just a boy, exiled from another kingdom." Emma started.

    "Exiled?" Killian questioned.

    "From the Southern Isles, an awful Kingdom really. You'll probably hear all about it once you go to Arendelle." Snow interjected.

    "He claims to have come from another realm, saying a battle like no one has ever seen will come and only a savior can save us all." Emma added.

    "And since he heard Emma has magic now, he thinks she's the savior." David said, finally participating in the conversations.

    "You believe him?" Killian asked.

    "Heavens no." Emma said with a laugh. "Mother and father wanted to send him off to another kingdom fearing he would scare the people of Misthaven, but I begged them to let him stay." She continued on.

    "Of course you would darling, you're just too kind." Killian said, stretching his arm around Emma's shoulder.

    "He's just a boy, who knows what he's been through." She said, laying her head on Killian's shoulder.

After a long carriage ride, they arrived at the tavern. Henry was just outside sweeping away some fallen leaves from the entrance. He stopped once he saw the royal carriage and ran up to it like a little child.

    "Princess Emma!" Henry beamed with happiness.

    "Always a pleasure." She said with a curtsy.

    "How is my boy doing?" David said, giving him a hug.

    "I'm great! Geppetto is going to teach me how to wood carve soon so I can help him make more toy swords!" He responded with a smile.

    "Well we brought someone who we thought you'd like to meet." Snow said with a smile, referring to Killian who was still making his way slowly out of the carriage.

    "Killian Jones... Captain of the finest ship in all the realms..." Henry said with wide eyes in admirations. He ran up to Killian invading his personal space. "Are the tales true? You travel wherever you want whenever you want?" He asked excitedly.

    "Aye..." Killian responded uncomfortably, unsure of how to handle a child.

    "Henry, why don't you give him some space." Emma laughed, feeling some tension.

    "Ok, I'm sorry." He said quickly, but still eager.

    "Are the tales of you true? You've traveled to other realms?" Killian asked, feeling he owed the boy a conversation.

    "Oh yes. You can only get there by magic beans" Henry responded. "Many people don't believe me.." He continued on growing sad.

    "Well, I've traveled to many places and heard of many other realms. I believe you lad." Killian said, nudging Henry, making him smile.

Emma smiled watching Killian talk to Henry. Who would have thought a fearsome pirate knew how to make an estranged boy feel like his tales could be real.

    "Have you eaten today Henry?" The King asked.

    "Well... I haven't gotten enough coins for my meal yet." He said looking down, "But after I finish sweeping and feeding the horses I'll get my money." He said quickly, not wanting to show his struggles.

    "Well I'm starved and I'm just dying to hear some tavern gossip." Snow said while placing a hand on Henry's shoulder leading him into the tavern for a well-deserved meal.

Killian and David followed behind ready to eat. Emma stood back and watched them walk away, lost in her own thoughts. She hated the idea of such a young boy working multiple jobs all day to only get one meal, and that was only if he could accomplish all his tasks. She knew no one else in the Kingdom worked as much as Henry did, nor was anyone treated as poorly as Henry was. Sure his tales were nothing more than just an overactive boy's imagination, but that didn't make it okay for him to be treated as a slave. It was time for a change.

Just to clarify, Emma will not become a savior and fight a battle. I just thought it would be a good way to introduce Henry into the story- Giving him the same kind of vibes as Henry from season 1 of OUAT.

As always leave comments, suggestions, anything! :)

Thank you for your continuous support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 409 16
Emma once was a princess, a long time ago. That was 3 years ago. She is now 21 and lives aboard the Jolly Roger as a pirate with Captain Hook and hi...
5K 55 35
*Complete* What if the curse was never cast? What if Emma had grown up in the enchanted forest? What if Snow white and Prince Charming got a little t...
6.2K 349 24
Emma Swan wasn't always a feared pirate, she was a noble sailor and was one with the sea until one tragic night something happened that changed her f...
321K 13.1K 60
Emma Swan had everything she could have hoped for. A nice job, a loving son, a wonderful place to call home. And Killian Jones just had to come and...