The Junior Detective (Detroit...

By ASE715

(Y/n) Anderson is a nine year old kid who works alongside her father, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, to solve case... More

Chapter 1: Homicide
Chapter 2: Interrogation
Chapter 3: More Than a Machine
Chapter 4: Oh my god he's asking for a funeral
Chapter 5: Friend
Chapter 6: The Nest
Chapter 8: Rupert
Chapter 9: Russian Roulette
Chapter 10: Spare Parts
Chapter 11: The Bridge
Chapter 12: The Stratford Tower
Chapter 13: Public Enemy
Chapter 14: Nightmares
Chapter 15: Meet Kamski
Chapter 16: Last Chance, Connor
Chapter 17: Seeing Double
Chapter 18: We Did It
Chapter 19: Another Case
Chapter 20: Christmas
Chapter 21: Welcome to Los Angeles
Chapter 22: So Much For a Vacation
Chapter 23: Hello, Mr. Sniper
Chapter 24: Another Fucking Crime Scene
Chapter 25: Career Day
Chapter 26: The One Where the Killer Gets Away
Chapter 27: The Which One Is Cole Game
Chapter 28: Shall We Play A Game?
Chapter 29: The Day for Sickness
Chapter 30: Bored
Chapter 31: Poker Face
Chapter 32: The Plan Goes To Shit
Chapter 33: I Need A Hero
Chapter 34: Together

Chapter 7: Jericho

2.4K 88 36
By ASE715

Your POV

I continue running on the rooftops the way Rupert went thinking it would lead somewhere. I have no idea where I'm going and I'm starting to get very hungry. I've been running for hours. I sit on the rooftop I'm currently on so I can catch my breath.

'What do I do now?'

I look up and notice a ship in the distance.

'Maybe I'll find someone there.'

I get up and run to where the ship is. I slide down on a water pipe that's on the side of a building and head towards the ship. I see someone enter it so maybe there are people in there. I sneak inside and walk around while also checking my surroundings.

'I don't know this place so I still have to keep my guard up.'

It's dark so it's hard to see where I'm going. I make it to a metal platform with railings around it. I hear voices so I crouch down and peek through the railing and look down.

There's a group of people gathered around talking. I go to step back but then the platform creaks under my feet. The group of people look up and I start running.

'Shit I've been spotted! I should get out of here.'

I run through the halls of the ship, trying to find an exit. I round a corner and immediately bump into someone and fall down.

"AH DON'T KILL ME!" I yell as I see the person raise the metal pipe in their hand and I cover my face as I wait for impact.

Impact doesn't come. In fact, I hear the metal pipe drop to the floor. I peek out from behind my arms to see the person crouch down in front of me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." He says.

I look at him. He has two different eye colors, one blue and one green. I tilt my head curiously at him before three others come running up behind him, a girl and two guys.

"I knew there was someone else here!" The girl yells.

"She's human." The blond-haired person says.

'The fuck you mean I'm human? Of course I am. Aren't you?'

That's when I notice the LED on the two male androids.

'Oh, they're androids.'

"Markus, she knows our location. If we let her go she's going to rat us out. We have to kill her." The girl android says.

"WHAT?!" I say, my voice rising a few pitches and I scoot back away from them.

"North!" The two-colored eyed android, who I assume is Markus, says.

North looks me up and down and her eyes widen. "She's with that deviant hunter. The junior detective. She's like a mini Sherlock Holmes."

'Can't tell if I should be flattered or still scared.'

"We have to get rid of her!"

'There it is.'

"Look I don't even remember how I got here or where I am," I say as I start panicking. "I just want to get back to my dad and Connor."

"North we're not gonna kill her, she's just a little girl." The African American android says.

"Well, we can't exactly let her go either." The blond-haired android says.

"Markus!" The three of them hiss as they look to him for a decision.

Markus ignores all of them and continues staring at me.

'Oh god, they're gonna kill me. Think. I need to get out of here. I can't exactly run because they're androids so they would catch me easily. I can't fight them either since they don't feel pain. I'm so screwed!'

The three androids continue to argue behind Markus as I start to hyperventilate.

"Shut up!" Markus hisses at them and they become silent. "You're stressing her out, her stress levels are rising."

Markus steps closer to me and I scoot back away from him. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." He says in a soothing tone.

I look at his eyes and I know he's telling the truth. I calm down a little as he comes towards me. He crouches down in front of me again and offers me a friendly smile.

"My name is Markus. What about you? What's your name?" He asks me.

"(Y/n)," I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Welcome to Jericho." He tells me.

'What's Jericho?'

Markus must've seen the confusion on my face so he explains. "It's a safe haven for androids like us."

'So for deviants then. Got it.'

I nod and he offers his hand which I take.

"Markus, are you seriously—!"

"Yes." Markus cuts North off. "She hasn't tried to hurt us and she's probably more scared of us than we are of her."

'He has a point.'

The blond-haired android steps forward with a welcoming smile. "I'm Simon. This is North and Josh." He says, introducing the two androids beside him.

I give the android a small smile, still unsure if I can fully trust them. Markus gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Let's introduce you to the others," Markus says and leads me down a few hallways.

"How many of you are there?" I ask.

"Not many." He says as we enter the main space that I was looking down at earlier. I look around at all the androids and it breaks my heart. "Some are damaged badly to the point they'll shut down."

I look up at Markus. "Isn't there something you guys can do?"

He looks down at me sadly. "I don't know."

'There's gotta be something they can do.'

"I should probably get you to bed," Markus says as he sees me yawn.

I rub my eyes sleepily and nod. He's still holding my hand from before and he guides me to a room and opens the door.

"I know it's not much but it's something," Markus says as I look around the room.

I go over to the mattress in the corner and test it.

'It's not bad. I can still sleep on this.'

I turn to Markus and run over and hug his leg.

"Thank you, Markus."

Markus tenses up at first but then slowly bends down to give me a proper hug and I wrap my tiny arms around his neck.

"You're welcome." We pull away and I smile at him. "I'll go grab you a blanket."

I nod and he walks out. I walk over to the mattress and sit down. I lay down on the mattress and start falling asleep. I feel something being put over me and I open my eyes a little to see Markus tucking me in. He then starts walking towards the door.

"Goodnight Markus."

Markus looks back and smiles at me. "Goodnight (Y/n)." He says before closing the door.

'I wonder how Connor and Dad are doing. I hope they're not too worried.'

Connor's POV

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Hank yells and hits the steering wheel to his car.

"Lieutenant, it's getting late. Maybe we should just call it a night." I say even though I want to keep searching too.

"No! My little girl is out there on the streets of Detroit by herself! Who knows what could happen!" Hank yells at me.

"I want to keep searching too, Lieutenant, but you need your sleep." I reason with him.

"I'll sleep once we find her." He growls.

"Hank please," I beg. "We'll get every officer there is to be on the lookout for her, but there is nothing we can do right now. We've been searching for six hours."

Hank finally gives in and sighs. "Maybe you're right. I'll see you tomorrow Connor."

I nod and get out of the car and he pulls off as I stare after him.

'I promise I will find you.'

*Software Instability ↑* 

—ASE715

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 134 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
DBH By moooo

Fanfiction

67.6K 2.3K 18
Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife and Lieutenant Hank Anderson are now armed with the task of taking care of a five year old girl after she survi...
3.6K 44 35
Anastasia Williams is the niece of Hank Anderson. She has lived with him since the death of her cousin and her family. She has returned to Detroit fr...
1.7K 137 23
Reader is the adult daughter of Lieutenant Hank Anderson. She gets a call one afternoon from her father that's just strange enough to prompt a visit...