JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Pha...

By SymphonyOverdrive

Phantom Paradox sorta an AU in which Dio Over Heaven decides that his vanity has messed up his early life wit... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Dio the Pacifist Part 1
Chapter 2: Dio the Pacifist Part 2
Chapter 3: Dio the Pacifist Part 3
Chapter 4: Dio the Pacifist Part 4
Chapter 5: Consolation from an Angel
Chapter 6: Justice Before Dawn
Chapter 7: Sonata of Destiny Part 1
Chapter 8: Sonata of Destiny Part 2
Chapter 9: Sonata of Destiny Part 3
Chapter 10: Prelude of the Ripple
Chapter 11: Hamon Suite ~ First Movement ~ Vivace con l'Energia del Sole
Chapter 12: Hamon Suite ~ Second Movement ~ Grave Valzer con i Non Morti Part 1
Chapter 13: Hamon Suite ~ Second Movement ~ Grave Valzer con i Non Morti Part 2
Chapter 14: Hamon Suite ~ Third Movement ~ Marcia delle Rane, Inverte Il Fato
Chapter 15: Hamon Suite ~ Final Movement ~ Rondo Contro la Doppel Part 1
Chapter 16: Hamon Suite ~ Final Movement ~ Rondo Contro la Doppel Part 2
Chapter 17: Hamon Suite ~ Final Movement ~ Rondo Contro la Doppel Part 3
Epilogue

Chapter 18: The Violinist's Final Bow

177 11 0
By SymphonyOverdrive

(WARNING: Contains blood, violence, a major character death and a BEEG TEAR-JERKER! BE WARNED!!)

Months later after the bloody battle was done with, JoJo have told me that he and Erina invited me to their honeymoon to America as a gift of gratitude from them. I was surprised I was given an invitation to travel the Atlantic with the married couple, but at the same time I was concerned about what will happen on the cruise ship along the way. I overall accepted the invite just because I wanted to make sure that JoJo and Erina stays secure on their journey.

A few days before the ship was about to set sail, I stood near the pier at sundown silently as I played a serenade on the violin.

JoJo was about to accept the hands of fate... I deliberated worriedly, Right when the ship leaves, it's curtains for him...I don't want to have his life taken away... Right now, I know that Dio is still alive no matter how much we put him to rest. Months ago, I looked below to check if there were no traces of him after my comrades left the castle; it appears that I could barely see Wang Chen from below, thus that indicates me that the vampire will still plague England and the passengers on the ship more than the Green Horseman of Pestilence Lucifer has summoned on his behalf.

I heard a bark echo from afar, calling for my attention before I looked to my right and saw Danny run up to me and leaped on my legs with excitement. I looked down and petted his chin after I withdrew my violin.

"Aww, I missed you too, Danny." I smiled while the dog lapped its tongue with affection. Father walked by the pier, which caught me by surprise that he was up on his feet after months in the hospital. I wanted to give him a hug, but I don't want to break his bones; so I walked to him with awe instead.

"Father...?" I gasped as I looked at him speechlessly.

"It's been a while, my son."

Hearing father's voice made me shed a tear and deliver a hug to him.

"I missed you so much, father..."

"I missed you too."

Our hugs departed before I asked him about his health condition and it appears that he no longer has a common cold. He explains that he is taking a stroll along the streets to spend some time alone and heard that JoJo and Erina are having a honeymoon, which I already knew since the couple gave me an invitation. We all had a little conversation until I told him that I have to get going.

"Very well," he nodded, "I hope that you and JoJo enjoy your trip to America."

"I will."

A day later, I composed the Hamon Suite on Violin an hour before Speedwagon looked at his pocket watch.

"Blazes!" Speedwagon gasped, "Look what time it is! Their ship's about to leave!"

I startled when Speedwagon mentions about the ship and brought my violin as I rushed along with him towards the ship.

"OI!" Speedwagon yelled out to Poco, Mary Jane, Dire, Straizo, Tompetty, father, Danny, Zeppeli, and his Ogre Street mates and apologized that he was so late. I gave all of them a brief farewell hug and said that I will miss all of them as a whole before I ran up the stairs to the ship. As I went on the ship, I looked behind and saw some longshoremen lifting up a suspicious coffin.

This is not good, I thought with worries, these longshoremen are about to bring a coffin to the ship and I know what's inside that coffin based on what I remembered in my universe. If I let the coffin be, JoJo will be done for! I have to do something to prevent him from accepting his doom on this day of romance, but not right now...

"Dmitri!" JoJo came up to me and gave me a huge hug, which made me feel partially squished.

"JoJo..." I wheezed, "It's too....tight..."

"Oh," he released his tight hug, "pardon my warm hugs. I'm just so overjoyed that you came aboard with us."

"I could see that."

The bell rang loudly and Poco saw us on the ship waving at the people below before the ship's horn blow for departure. While the voices of farewell dissolve in the distance, I let out a sigh and glanced at JoJo with a sense of concern. While the optimism is laced on his face, I worry about his and Erina's safety more than my life depends on it.

When we're at the dining hall later we were enjoying our supper as JoJo offered Erina a taste of the finest wine. All is well until my headaches kick in and made me groan quietly.

"Oh dear." Erina gasped while she and JoJo saw me in pain.

"Is there something the matter?" He asked.

"H-he's still alive...." I replied, which made the gentleman drop the wine glass with shock.

"I-It can't be...!" He exclaimed right before I caught the glass of vino and stopped the liquid from spilling out of the fragile container.

"You dropped this while you're in the state of shock." I said while I got off the ground and placed JoJo's glass onto the table.

"O-oh." his voice was shaking as he turned his head towards me.

"You and Erina get to the engine room. I will make sure that the passengers of this ship stays secure from the zombies."

"H-How did you know that there are zombies on this ship?"

"I'll tell you later, for now, you have to get over there as soon as possible!"

JoJo nodded his head and left the hall with Erina while I steped towards the center of the area and pulled out my violin and played a tuning in A-Minor. The music have caught everyone's attention and listened to my performance unfolding slowly and steady. I took a deep breath to concentrate on my hamon before I began to play the Hamon Suite in front of an entire audience. My melody starts off with the first movement, Hamon Allegro in which it was rhythmic and lively enough to interest the crowd with the sound of bliss. Some of the passengers (who were actually zombies) began to melt away and disintegrate into the ashes as I played a bright melody. After the allegro was complete, I transition to a Hamon Grave that caused even more zombies to disappear by the emotional trills alone. Passengers relished the melody while I transition to a Hamon Minuet and later finished the suite with a Hamon Rondo.

In the middle of my rondo, my headaches began to ring in my head harshly.

Damnit... I groaned internally as I was fighting through the anguish, N-not now... I'm close to finishing my hamon suite... I don't want to leave JoJo hanging on and step closer towards his fate... I grew up with him ever since I came here and I just wanted him to have a fortunate life without any worries; even now I still worry for his destiny and his throbbing fate more than I can imagine... JoJo, if you are hearing this, I wanted to tell you that I will likely exist no more in this universe or any other dimension. I know that I saved the lives of the fated, but all of that comes with a price... I'm sorry that it comes up in my head, but as time passes on, I realized that fate burns within me with a passion that I could not explain to Speedwagon or the others...I have no other choice but to risk my life for a happy ending you deserve for the future.

My rondo concluded with three final notes before I released by bow from my violin and made a bow to the applauding audience. I ran off to the engine room and saw JoJo face to face with Wang Chen and the head of the damned doppelganger.

"JoJo!" I yelled out his name while the vampire praised JoJo sarcastically.

"Live on as my body, JoJo!" The vampire yelled out triumphantly as JoJo covered his face to block the lasers that are about to strike him.

I ran up to him and pushed his body away from the blast in which it left a rash on my calf and tore through my trousers. JoJo's eyes locked upon my pained expression and gasped out my name with shock before we fell on the floor. The vampire startled as he saw me saving the gentleman in a nick of time.

"W-why did you ruin my moment of claiming my own body...!?" Dio hissed at me while I got up from the floor.

"I shall not allow you to harm Jonathan's fortune anymore!" I replied with a sheer determination written all over me, "He had suffered enough over the last eight years from the likes of you. His consciousness is more important than I could ever imagine. I experienced this scenario back in my timeline and I thought that it was the right path, but it crumbled within my reach as I count the years of fate. In other words, I lost a sense of true happiness in the process."

"What a pathetic story you have in store for us, you defensive whelp!" Wang Chen scoffed at me loudly, "What are you going to do to have this mutt, huh? Are you going to make them live a pitiful happily ever after!?"

"Actually, I am." I replied and drew out my violin for the last time.

"So be it! Now it's time for us to play rough!"

I dodged the zombie's attack and started to perform a Hamon Finale, which was actually the final movement to the Hamon Suite. The sound waves boomed with aggression to the point of harming the monster, but he quickly moved away from them with an inhumane agility before he came in to deliver a flurry of rakes to the flesh.

"S-Such speed...!" I uttered out as I swerve them quickly, receiving some damage to my face and my clothes in the process.

"Wang Chen!" Dio called for the zombie's attention, "Enough of the insults! Now that I seen this man's precision and his abilities, I believe that I don't need JoJo's body anymore; thus I founded a new vessel that is as identical as I could picture it!"

I jolted when the vampire says that, but I wouldn't dare to fear or run away from the fate that I have to accept myself. JoJo and Erina stood with shock as well while I stood my ground and sprinted towards Wang to dissect his torso from his limbs with my bow. My finale came to a close after the zombie dissolved into ashes. I let go of my violin and came to the couple so I could offer JoJo my instrument.

"Jonathan," I said with a fateful voice, "I won't be able to come out alive after I save you and Erina from Dio's grasp. I don't want to risk my life, but it's the only choice I have up my sleeve before I take my final bow. Now, as a final request to you as a dear brother of mine, as a hamon musician, as a human being...please remember me as a true brother as my legacy passes on through you."

I gave the couple a final hug with all of us shedding tears of farewell and loss. My skin grew cold when my body embraced their arms and my earring glowed slightly in the area. Our hugs departed within a few seconds of sorrow and I told them to hide in the blast resistant boudoir where they will be safe before I came face to face with the doppel once more.

"You never seem to change, even when you are trying to scram away from my sight, Dmitri!"

"I will never run away from you or the lady of fate, no matter the cause or danger you will call upon!"

I was able to control my reoccurring corruption now that I have a strong sense of determination coursing through my veins. My aura burst around the engine room as I summoned my bladed bolt and charged up the coup de grâce. Dio on the other hand lowered himself from the ceiling plank and shot two beams from his eyes.

I launched myself towards the attack instead of running away. The lasers pierced through my neck and legs but I kept charging on towards the head and made my move. He dodged and choked my neck with his veins before my blade created a deep wound on his neck.

"Dmitri!" Erina and JoJo gasped loudly as the lasers ignited parts of the engine.

I came into contact with the doppel...soon we will disappear without a doubt...

The end has begun...my fulfilled life is coming to a close...as I made a final bow on the stage of the living, the curtains of fate will fall slowly. Ever since my new life began, all I wanted to do is to make you have a happy ending...thus I did...and now I'm left with the path of accepting my own fate...I wished that I existed a little longer to see the two of you have a long lasting romance...but the Lady of Fate have decided my own path...

I closed my eyes and shed tears of a fateful farewell as I think about the past memories when I tried to help Jonathan live happily ever after over the years we spent together as brothers. Jonathan and Erina sobbed while they saw me accepting my own fate.

Jonathan...Zeppeli...Speedwagon...everyone...thank you all...for seeing me perform for you for the last time...as my fateful audience....

Farewell...my beloved...and thank you for all you've done for me...

Gravity dragged me towards the head and then a collision sparked violently. The two of us crumbled before obliteration, causing a huge explosion among the area and destroying the ship as a whole.

A day after the explosion, 75% of the passengers on the boat have perished; leaving a quarter wounded and scarred from the incident. Jonathan and Erina glanced upon the sky in tears as they sailed in the coffin towards the Canary Islands. As their sorrows flowed through their veins, the sound of silence was followed. Thus...my body and soul was gone for the rest of eternity, my music still lives on through the Joestars until the end of time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 10.4K 23
Your family is a close friend of the Joestar's and one day hear about the newest addition to the Joestar's family, so your father decides that you sh...
22.5K 1.4K 25
She is trapped in the infinite abyss of immortality, a life that takes away all that it gives. But a small glimmer of happiness appears in the stagna...
21.6K 1K 18
"Then... I have to do all I can to save this bloodline... and their world." Suddenly, a seemingly normal person is thrown into a not-so-normal situat...
27.7K 873 22
The Joestar bloodline. A powerful family with English roots; most of its members attract particular trials and tribulations when confronting their en...