The Hearts Behind the Silver...

By Allisonann12

Olivia has struggled to make it as an actress, until now. She finds herself landing the role of a lifetime. B... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22

21

1 0 0
By Allisonann12

I heard a knock followed by footsteps behind me. I turned over and jumped.

“Bennett! What are you doing in here?”

“Danielle left, she's sick. It's time for our scene.” He explained.

“Ok, I'll be right there.” I turned back over.

“You're falling back asleep. Let's go.”

“I just need a couple more minutes.”

“I said 'Let's go'.”

I felt his hands slide under me.

“What are you doing?!” I screeched.

“If you aren't going to get up, I'm going to do it for you.”

He flung me over his shoulder.

“I can get up on my own!”

“I don't enjoy waiting.”

He carried me out the door and back into the studio.

“I'm up! You can put me down now!” I yelled.

He carried me all the way to the set and finally put me down.

“Thanks for the lift.” I said sarcastically.

“Glad to be of service. You know that's not the only bedside service I provide.”

“Ugh. Save it for one of your little groupies.”

He laughed.

“Can we just do this? I want to get home.” I whined.

In this scene, they arrest Bennett for his crimes while we are relaxing at home together. But while in custody, he escapes. But that's a scene with just him later.

We played out a normal couple routine. I was in the kitchen cooking his dinner, and he comes up behind me. He holds me and talks to me as I continue to cook. We kiss. Just as we kiss, they bust our doors down, and FBI agents arrest him. That is where we stopped for the day.

I could finally leave.

I said a quick goodbye and headed out to the trailer to grab my stuff. I saw someone standing by my door.

“Jonah! What are you doing here?” I was so excited to see him.

“I was wondering if you had plans later.”

“As a matter of fact, I don't.”

“I figured while I was out, I'd stop and ask you if you would like to go out tonight.”

“What did you have in mind?” I asked him.

“Nothing specific. Food. Is there anything you want to do?”

“Actually, not to be boring, I would mind a nice night in.”

“I have an idea. Can you I pick you up around 7:30?”

“Oh, sure. Should I bring anything?”

“Nope, I'll have everything we need.”

“Alright. I will see you later then.”

“See you at 7:30.” He kissed my cheek and hugged me goodbye.

I stood there for a minute and smiled.

“What was that about?” Bennett demanded.

It startled me. I hadn't even seen him come up to me.

“Jesus! You scared the hell out of me!”

He chuckled.

“Why are you even interested?” I inquired.

“Aww I'm always interested.”

“Can I help you with something? And before you answer, know that if you make any perverted comment or sexual innuendo, I will kick you.”

He laughed again

“Oh nothing, just wondering what it takes to put smile like that on your face. Since I have never seen it.”

“Oh, just simple respect and kindness will do it.”

“Hmm. Here I thought it was the potential of getting laid.”

I kicked him in the shin.

“Oww! What the fuck?!” He screamed.

“I warned you. Maybe one day you will stop being disgusting and treat me with respect.”

“Sorry, women have to earn their respect from me.”

“Oh my, I wonder what that entails.” I said in a snide manner.

“At the risk of getting kicked again, I'll let your imagination run wild.”

“Don't you have somewhere to be? Like liquoring up some poor, young girl you want to take advantage of.”

“Take advantage of, ha. Girls throw themselves at me, I don't have to do a thing.” He scoffed.

“How lucky for you. Can I end this pointless conversation now? I have things to do.”

“Aww, come now, Olivia. Call him by his first name.”

“GOD! You just can't help yourself, can you?!”

“It just amused me to see you so worked up. What can I say? You're sexy when you're angry.”

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Fine, then I won't give you the satisfaction. Have a lovely night, Mr. Brower.”

I walked to my car and called Riley.

“Oh my God! FINALLY! I haven't heard from you since the day after your night with Mr. Romantic.” She answered.

“I'm sorry, things have been crazy. Speaking of, Jonah asked me to do something tonight.”

“No way! Don't you have a date Friday already?” She asked.

“We do! That is something I'm worried about. Being dressing up and attending special events isn't me. I don't look the part.”

“What do you mean?”

“Let's face it, I'm a little alternative looking. Tattoos, piercings, and colorful hair. I'm not exactly fancy fundraiser material.”

“Who cares?! The people who picked you for your role liked the way you look. They will love you! It's clear Jonah likes you the way you are, that's all that matters.”

I had a with of relief. She always knew what to say.

“Thank you. I feel better.”

“Good. Make sure you shave above the knee.”

I laughed.

“I definitely will. How have you been?”

“I have been good. Just the usual.”

“How are people back home?”

“Good. Although, Jakob has been asking about you.”

Jakob is my ex-boyfriend. Things were very Rocky between us to say the very least. It didn't end well at all. Bennett reminds me a lot of him. Probably why I can't stand him, that and his personality.

“Oh god. What did you say?”

“I told him you were thriving, while he is busy living his sad, shitty insignificant life.”

“What did he say?”

“He got huffy and rude with me.”

“I see nothing there has changed.”

“Not at all.”

“I am so sorry, but I'm home... and I have to shave above the knee.”

“Oooh, get it, girl!”

I laughed.

“Shut up! I gotta go. I love you!” I told her.

“I love you too. If you wait that long to call me again, you're dead to me.”

“Whatever, you love me.”

“I do. Bye.”

“Bye!”

I rushed upstairs. It was already 6:30 thanks to traffic and Bennett's little talk.

I ran inside.

“Hey. Why are you in such a rush?” Connor asked.

“Hanging out with Jonah. I've got to get ready!” I said winded.

“Relax, it's not like this is your first time hanging out.”

“I know, I know. But still.”

I ran to the bathroom and closed the door. He continued to talk to me through the bathroom door.

“Why are you so late?” He asked.

“Traffic was a bitch. I also got held up by Bennett.”

“What the fuck does he want?”

“To piss me off. He just likes to antagonize me.”

“I don't even know this guy, and I hate him. Are you positive you don't want me to come down there?”

“Yeah, I'm positive. I can handle it. Plus, from now on, Jonah will be there.”

“Good. I hope he helps.”

“I'm sure he would, but it's not like we're dating. I'm not expecting him to be like and overprotective boyfriend. Trust me, I'm good.”

“All right.”

“Having this conversation while shaving my legs is really weird.”

“It's not like we ever see each other these days. How else am I supposed to talk to you?”

“I'm really sorry. Want to go out and do something Sunday?” I asked.

“Yeah, for sure.”

“You have been working like crazy too.”

“I definitely have.”

“I'm proud of you for getting a job here so quickly. You have been an enormous help.”

“I still say, now that we're working, we need to get a bigger place. Ya know, one with bedrooms.”

“I know, this place is too small for both of us. Look at listings, and we can go look.”

“Alright, I'll have a look tomorrow.”

I eventually came out of the bathroom.

“What time is it?!” I asked frantically, trying to find an outfit to wear.

“6:55.”

“SHIT!”

I continued to rifle through my clothes as fast as I could. I ultimately settled on a black sweater, jeans, and black knee-high boots. I rushed to the bathroom with my outfit. I started fixing my hair and doing my makeup. Trying to look good on a time crunch is no fun.

While I was getting ready, I heard my brother speaking.

“Did you say something?” I asked.

No answer.

I walked out of the bathroom to find him standing there speaking to Jonah.

“Oh god.” I muttered to myself.

“I think she is done trying to look perfect for you.” My brother said.

“Shut up. Hi Jonah! I'm so sorry, I must not have gotten your text to come down.”

“I didn't. I just thought it would be more polite to come up.”

“Oh, that's so nice! I see you met my twin, Connor.”

“I did, yes.”

“Oh good.” I said sarcastically.

“Don't worry, I didn't tell him too many embarrassing things.”

“Good, or I would have to kill you. Ready to go?” I asked Jonah.

“Ready when you are.”

“I'm ready.”

“It was very nice to meet you, Connor.” He shook his hand.

“You too, man. See you guys later.”

I closed the door, and we walked to the car.

“You didn't have to come up.” I told him.

“I know, I just wanted to be old-fashioned that way. Is that not ok?”

“No, it's fine. Just a little embarrassed you saw my apartment.”

“What's wrong with your apartment?” He asked.

“It's just small. Nothing like your house, that's for sure.”

“I loved it. I would actually love to hang out here sometime, if you don't mind.”

“Really? In my tiny place?”

“Yeah. I used to live in a studio close to here when I moved to the US. It wasn't much, but it was home, and I loved it.”

“Oh wow. I guess I just never pictured you living in such a small place.”

“I had to start somewhere in this crazy city. It's not like I have always had money. I lived in a modest village back in England with my mom. We had a two-bedroom bungalow, not much bigger than your apartment. Small, but full of wonderful memories.”

“That sounds really nice.”

When we got outside, he had a town car waiting for us. He opened the door for me. I slid across the seat to the window. He sat down beside me and closed the door.

“So... where are we going?” I asked.

“Just having a nice night in. I hope that's ok.”

“That sounds really nice.”

“Have you eaten yet?”

“I haven't, actually. I got kind of held up on the set and then in traffic.”

“Weren't you finished when I was there?”

“Yep.”

“Oh? Was everything ok?”

“Yeah, Bennett saw us talking and decided to stick his nose in my business. The guy was on my case all day long.”

I'm sorry. I can't stand the guy. I almost didn't take this role because I found out he would be in the film.”

“I'm glad you did.”

“I am too. Did everything go all right with the uh... sex scene... between you two?”

“Uh... yeah, I guess. It made my skin crawl, having him all over me. I'm just glad it's over.”

“I'll never know what any woman sees in him. He treats all women like they mean nothing and then brags about it. Yet women just throw themselves at him.”

“I'm glad you're not like that. He even called me your 'little play thing' today.”

“Did he?”

“Yeah. He seems very invested into what we're doing.”

“He's jealous.”

“Jealous? Why?”

“Because you're out with me, not him.”

“Why would that bother him? We hate each other.”

“Think of it as collecting. There's always that one special trophy item that would make your collection complete. It's thrilling to keep going after that one thing that you don't have, and will most likely never have.”

“Definitely never have.”

He smiled.

“Definitely never have!”

“That's better.”

“We're home.”

I liked the sound of that. Who knows, maybe one day this will be home?

“Stay right there.” He ordered me.

He came to my door and opened it up. He took my hand and helped me out of the car.

We walked to the door.

“Stop.” He instructed me.

“What's wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing. Close your eyes.”

So I did. I heard the door open. I felt him standing behind me.

“Keep them closed.” He whispered in my ear.

I had goosebumps. He kissed my cheek, put his arm around me, and lead me inside.

“Ok, open them.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 342 46
A powerful relationship spins out of a partnership on a film.
A Stranger In My Home By AJ

Mystery / Thriller

359K 10.8K 23
After years of spousal abuse, Julie Gibbons had given up hoping her husband would change his ways and resigned herself to her fate. Could the appeara...
445 90 20
A girl who fell for her new classmate who was supposed to be her biggest competitor... Will she get the same love back even after he became her siste...
2.8K 55 37
The girls are going in to high school and everyone wants to be their friend and date them, they gain a huge following on social media and even more p...