The Littlest Timelord: The De...

By HaleyMichelle5

[2nd in the "Littlest Timelord" series] The Doctor's death is looming on the horizon and Elise is growing eve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
NEW BOOK UP!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT!
SNEAK PEEK
SEQUEL UP!

Chapter 34

1.5K 58 28
By HaleyMichelle5

A/N - Last chapter before the series finale!

Craig paced the living room floor with Alfie in his arms as the Doctor worked on the Cybermat. Craig yawned. "I'm knackered. That thing was eating up the electricity?"

"And transmitting it up to the Cybership. But why? Why do they need power? Why are those conversions not complete yet, and what are they doing up there?" the Doctor asked.

"You said you were going to look at its brain."

"No, I had to wipe its brain. Now I can reprogram it and use it as a weapon against them."

Craig sat down next to the Doctor on the couch. "The Cybermat came after us?"

"No, after me."

"They sent it after us."

"After me. Because of me, you and Alfie nearly died." The Doctor stopped working on the Cybermat. "Do you still feel safe with me, Craig?"

"You can't help who your mates are."

"No. I am a stupid, selfish man. Always have been. I should have made you go. I should never have come here."

"What would have happened if you hadn't come? Who else knows about the Cybermen and teleports?"

"I put people in danger."

"Stop beating yourself up. If it weren't for you, this whole planet would be an absolute ruin."

"Craig, very soon I won't be here. My time is running out. I don't mean Exedor. Silence will fall when the question is asked. Don't even know what the question is. I always knew I'd die still asking. Thing is, Craig, its tomorrow. Can't put it off any more. Tomorrow is the day I..." The Doctor looked back and saw Craig and Alfie asleep. He stood up and covered them with a blanket.

The Doctor and Elise waited for the sun to rise before leaving Craig's house. Elise had spent the night crying in her father's arms as he tried to comfort her. She knew this moment was coming, but she wasn't ready to say goodbye to him yet.

"Safe mode. Clever me. Come along, bitey."

They made their way to the department store.

"Morning!" Val greeted them.

"Morning. Teleport's still fused. They didn't repair it. So, the Cyberman last night. How did it get down here, how did it get out? And why, why, am I asking you?"

"You found the silver rat?"

"But where are the silver men?"

They went into the changing rooms.

"Secondary teleport. No, there is no other teleport. They must have had a back-up system. Something complicated, something powerful, something shielded. Something like a door? A door! A dyscillium-bonded steel door disguised as a wall." The Doctor entered one of the changing cubicles and opened the door disguised as a mirror. "That is cheating. So, it didn't teleport down, they climbed up."

Elise was about to follow the Doctor into the tunnel when he stopped her. "Stay here."

"But..."

He cupped her face. "Please."

Blue stared into green until Elise finally agreed.

The Doctor kissed her forehead and stepped back into the tunnel.

Elise left the changing rooms and found Craig. "Craig?"

"Oh! Elise! Where's the Doctor?"

Her silence told him everything.

"Oh god. He went off alone, didn't he?" He handed Alfie to her. "I've got to help him!"

"I know. You're a good friend, Craig Owens."

Craig ran off, leaving Elise alone with Alfie.

"Hello, again Alfie."

Alfie whined.

"I know you like being called Stormageddon, but I'm not calling you that."

Alfie started wailing.

"Alfie, shhh. It's okay. Daddy will be back soon."

But Alfie kept crying.

Elise tried bouncing him. "Oh, um. What if I sing? Yeah. Why are there so many, songs about rainbows, and what's on the other side...?"

Singing didn't help either. If anything, it made Alfie cry even louder. Elise had no idea what to do.

The Doctor and Craig stepped out of the elevator.

Craig ran over to Elise, who handed Alfie over to him. Alfie gurgled.

"That was another review. Ten out of ten," the Doctor told him.

"The Cybermen. They blew up. I blew them up with love."

"No, that's impossible. And also grossly sentimental and over simplistic. You destroyed them because of the deeply ingrained hereditary human trait to protect one's own genes, which in turn triggered a...a...a. Yeah. Love. You blew them up with love."

While Craig was distracted, Elise and the Doctor made their way back to Craig's house to clean up.

Craig entered the kitchen as Elise and the Doctor were coming in from the backyard.

"See, I do come back," the Doctor said.

"How did you...?" Craig asked.

"Time machine. But even with time travel, getting glaziers on a Sunday. Tricky."

"You went back in time? That means you used up your hours. What about Exedor?"

"What about you being in trouble with Sophie when she comes back? I couldn't let that happen."

"We made quite a mess. Sorry about that," Elise told him.

"You used up your time for me?" Craig asked.

"Course I did. You're me mate. I notice Stormageddon's very quiet and happy."

Alfie giggled.

"Oh, he prefers the name Alfie now. And he's very proud of his dad."

"He calls me dad?"

"Yes, of course he does now."

Alfie gurgled.

"Yeah, I know. He's a bit thick, isn't he?"

Craig laughed. "Oi, shut up, you two."

"Well, now it's time. I have to go."

"Doctor, I know that something's wrong. I can help you."

"Nobody can help me. I hope Sophie won't mind. I need these." The Doctor picked up TARDIS blue envelopes. Everything was coming full circle.

"Where are you going to go?" Craig asked.

"America," the Doctor said.

"Utah to be exact," Elise added.

"Sophie'll be home any second. Are you sure...?" Craig asked.

"I can't miss this appointment, Craig. Goodbye, mate."

Elise kissed Alfie on the head. "Goodbye, Alfie. One day. One day I'll come back and we'll see the stars."

"Wait there. One second." Craig left and came back with a Stetson. "From Sean's stag."

"Wow."

"You ride 'em, partner."

"Oh, thanks."

"Bye."

There was a knock on the door.

Elise and the Doctor slipped out the back door and made their way to the TARDIS.

"Well then, old girl. One last trip, eh?" the Doctor asked.

Three stopped playing to watch Elise and the Doctor.

The Doctor approached the children. "Hey. I'm the Doctor. I was here to help. And you are very, very welcome."

The Doctor and Elise entered the TARDIS and took off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 364 19
Fifth in the "Littlest Timelord" series Last we saw Elise, Missy had sent her hurtling through the universe. Where? Back to 2006 with the Tenth incar...
4.8K 232 9
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ง. ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก: ๐š ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐จ๐๐ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ...
155K 5.5K 26
"Not safe in here," he tried to explain quickly. "Not yet. Five minutes; give me five minutes and I'll be right back." "Promise?" asked Emily , panic...
4.7K 145 18
Samantha Mills and Amelia Pond have been best friends. They always go to each other when they need or want anything. The two then befriend Rory Willi...