Chapter 31

A/N - Oh my god. Don't hate me. Please.

They entered the security room and found a bank of screens.

The Doctor scanned them for the Minotaur. "Oh, you beauty. Come on, big fellow, where are you?"

"Dad," Elise said pointing to one of the screens.

It was Rita. She was walking around the corridors for some reason.

"Rita, where are you going?" the Doctor asked. He grabbed the phone and dialed room 311.

Rita stopped walking.

"Come on, come on, come on! Come on."

Rita went into the room and answered the phone.

"Rita, where are you going? Can you take the phone into the corridor? Will it reach?" the Doctor asked.

She came out into the hallway, phone in hand.

"You started to praise it, didn't you?"

Rita nodded.

"Rita, come back, please. We'll find a way to stop it, I swear to you."

With the camera zoomed in on Rita, Elise could read her lips. "No, I need to get as far away from you all as possible."

"No, no, no, you don't. The creature only wants whoever's praising it."

"And then you'll put yourself in its way."

"I'm coming to get you. Block out the fear and stay focused on your belief."

"The hotel will keep us apart. I could be 50 miles away by now."

There was a growl.

"I want you to do me one last favor, Doctor. I can feel the rapture approaching, like a wave. I don't want you to witness this. I want you to remember me the way I was."

Amy and Rory entered the security room.

"What's going on? Rita's disappeared," Amy said. She spotted Rita on the screen. "What's she doing there?"

"Rita. Rita, please. Let me find you," the Doctor begged.

"You stay where you are. Please, let me be robbed of my faith in private."

"Look, Rita. Rita. Go into the room. Lock the door."

"I'm not frightened. I'm blessed, Doctor."

The Minotaur was approaching her.

"I'm at peace. I'm going to hang up."

"No. No, no, Rita."

"Goodbye, Doctor."

"Rita!"

"Thank you for trying."

"Rita, please! Please! Please." The Doctor collapsed in the chair in front of the screens.

Rita was smiling as the shadow of Minotaur creeped up on her.

The Doctor soniced the monitor off and stormed out of the room.

Amy, Rory, and Elise followed after him.

They made their way to the bar after picking up Rita's body. The Doctor was now smashing things and yelling in a rage.

"Dad..." Elise cooed, trying to calm him.