To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Making Plans #2

753 52 3
By julyndav

Back at the apartment, the pups took up spots at the foot of the bed on the floor as Xael changed the bedding. The old sheets went into the washer. She placed an extra blanket on the end of the bed for the pups to lay on.

"Ah! Dog beds!" Xael went over to Adam's desk and dug around for paper and pencil to start on a list. Dog beds took the number one position. Bed made, the pups jumped on it without hesitation, laying on the comfy blanket their momma had put out for them. Seeing how it was early evening, Xael went to take a quick shower. Soon she felt strong hands snaking around her as Adam kissed her Mate mark. She turned around in his arms for a much needed and passionate kiss, which of course led to lovemaking in the shower. Adam had so missed their tender and intimate moments from when they first mated. They were in the shower for so long that they used up all the hot water.

Shower finished Xael put on just her robe as Adam put on shorts and a shirt to head down to the pizza place.

"You want anything special?"

Xael was once again in his arms. "No, whatever's quick. Will you grab me a mountain dew?"

"Yup." Kiss and he was off. Xael changed into one of his tshirts and a pair of undies. She put on a movie and returned to the list for their trip into the city tomorrow. Sensing him coming up the stairs, Xael got up and opened the door for him. He sat the steaming hot pizza's on the counter. Xael fixed up their plates as Adam set up some tv trays.

"Where'd you get those from?"

"From them under the bed, I forgot I had them."

They inhaled the pizza then got busy on creating a list after getting settled in bed. Adam wanted a grill, an outside fire pit and nice patio furniture. Xael added curtains and air mattresses for when they had guests over. Adam didn't like that idea of air mattresses and instead wanted to make another trip to Ikea for a daybed or simple futon. Other than that, they were good on furniture. Knowing that Xael would be going into heat soon, Adam wanted to get moved over to the cabin as quickly as possible. Xael couldn't agree more.

Adam called up the guys from the next town to see if they could fill in for tomorrow. He didn't think Beau should try and work since he wasn't feeling well. Two of them were available and that was all he needed. Adam texted Beau to stay home and rest, then Skylar to use his truck. Skylar texted right back that the keys were already in it.

"Hey babe?"

"Hm?" Xael was finalizing the list. "Will you take me out to Grams? Skylar said we could use his truck. I want to head out in the morning for the city."

"Okay...but I can't get that close to the house. Their bonding scent will make me sick."

"That's fine."

The pups had played hard so they weren't going to move. Xael put on some shorts and they headed out to pick up the truck. Xael drove as close to the house as she could get. She got out and let Adam drive the rest of the way so he could leave her jeep there. They didn't want to leave them without a vehicle.

Truck acquired, he picked her up and they drove back into town. Adam had been a little uneasy with how the truck was handling. "Skylar's truck is running a little hot."

"Yeah, it needs a new radiator. We can get it replaced and go have lunch somewhere while we're in the city. A thank you for letting us borrow it. I'm sure my brothers would love to join us."

"Ohhhh, that's a good idea."

Arriving at the apartment, the town was quieting down for the night as the sky darkened. Adam walked over to open Xael's door. "Let's get inside and get to bed early. I need to go in for a little bit to go over some things with the guys."

Making it inside, the pups were still passed out. They quickly changed for bed and Xael snuggled up to her Mate for the rest of the night. He was happy to have her next to him.

Xael was up again bright and early to take the pups out for a run. This time she took them to the east edge of town. It was further away and she could wear them out with a hard run. Returning, Adam was just getting up. Xael took a quick shower and dressed comfy for a day of shopping. She texted Eli to see if they were working and he told her no. Chris and Eli were happy to hang out today and go to brunch after they dropped the truck off. Dressed, Adam went to the station to open up and go over a few things with the officers and they were off.

The truck made it to the city, but just barely. Xael had called ahead to an auto shop to make sure they had a radiator in stock. Since it was early in the morning it wouldn't take them long so Adam and her decided to walk to the restaurant. It wasn't that far and it would give her brothers time to get there.

"You up for sleeping out at the cabin tonight babe?"

"Sure, we need to get something food wise though. Actually I was gonna work on that this week while you were working, moving stuff out to the cabin."

"Well, I don't really have anything. Everything that's in the apartment came with it, even the tv."

"Oh! So we need to add tv to the list too? Good thing I made bank at the diner yesterday."

"Don't worry babe, since dad got us the cabin I have plenty."

"So do I, I just don't have a debit card."

"You don't? How do you not have a debit card?"

"I pay cash! Plus I have a credit card...I just hardly use it."

"You are so weird."

Xael gave him her traditional kissy face. Reaching the restaurant, Xael saw her brothers already sitting outside in the patio area. They waved and made their way over to them all exchanging hugs. Taking their seats, a waiter brought them water and menus.

"So how'd you guys get two days off?"

Chris and Eli looked at each then back at Xael and Adam. "We quit!" Everyone burst out laughing. Eli handed Xael a poster. It was beautifully done and advertised their new construction business.

"Wow!! You guys did this fast!"

"We've been working on it for some time. Talking to you yesterday just gave us the push that we needed."

"You fruitloops! I didn't say quit!"

"I know, I know but we needed to."

"Well I'm going to put this up at the diner when we get back. Speaking of the diner, what I want is a large wooden covered patio. I don't like that you have to step down to access the outdoor patio area. Yesterday I had 3 older people almost eat cement. I want something similar to this and a couple of ceiling fans to move the air around." She pointed up to the roofing on the patio they were all sitting under. "I also want flower boxes at the corners."

"So you're actually wanting to hire us!?"

"Well yeah dorks! I was having you come out to get measurements and stuff so you can start. Make sure to bring your signage! So people know who's doing the work."

"Yes!! Thanks sis!"

"Of course we're family, family has to help each other out. Plus just seeing the condition of some of the houses and store fronts...I have a feeling you guys are going get a lot of business."

"Yup! I totally agree with Xael about that!" Adam also had some work for them to do. "After you finish with the diner and putting in windows at the cabin. Stop by the station; it could use a coat of paint and I would like to have some nice wooden benches out front with flower planters on them." Adam elbowed Xael. She just gave him a look as she already knew he had heard what she said. "All a part of being bonded babe."

"You guys are killing us!!"

"This is unreal! We got 3 jobs already dude!"

"Yup, get ready for more. You're gonna need a website, business cards, instagram to showcase your work. Signs for your truck..."

"Whoooooa there sis! Slow down!"

"You guys have unleashed a beast. She's already working on setting up tour groups for the town after the successful one from yesterday!"

"Really!?"

"Dude! I did 2 months worth of sales in 3 hours!"

"Wow!"

"Wait! Is Sheriff okay with us working on the station?"

"I am the Sheriff."

Again Chris and Eli looked at each other. Xael quickly put her fingers in her ears as she already knew what they were going to do. And howl they did. Both got up and hugged and congratulated Shado.

"Wow. What is going on? Everything is just falling into place. We quit and here we are with 3 awesome jobs to work on, Xael has her own diner, you're the Sheriff. Madness, just Madness!"

Everyone on the patio was now looking at them once again but they didn't care. They were all happy. Food orders placed, Xael got a message from the auto shop, the truck was in need of new brakes. She had them go ahead and put new tires on it also.

{They're putting new brakes and tires on the truck.}

{Good! It drove like crap on the highway! I can help you pay for everything, and don't tell me no!}

{Adam...}

{Do you want me to Alpha you?}

Xael elbowed him back and quickly flashed her red eyes at him.

{Brat...Thank you} He gave her a quick kiss on the head.

As they sat and talked, Xael let them know that they had shopping to do so they could head out to the cabin and diner to get measurements and draw up estimates. Adam told them which windows needed to be replaced and he wanted them to check the patio and exterior doors also. He let Chris and Eli know the cabin was open. Xael gave them one of the keys to the patio gate as well.

"Oh you can also go over to the station. I just want like a light grey paint to help lighten it up. Also give me an estimate on new ceiling fans and led overhead lights."

"Look at you Martha Stewart." Xael loved teasing her Alpha.

"Hey, Skylar hardly spent any of his budget. Can't hurt to spruce the place up a bit." Enjoying a hearty brunch, they didn't rush as Adam and Xael wanted to give the auto shop time to get things done.

"Mn! Will you tell the auto shop to do an oil change and replace the air filter?"

"Yeah." Xael called them and added the services to the growing bill. She was glad Skylar's truck was easy to work on. After eating they sat for a bit. One little girl had been curiously watching them, Xael would occasionally give her a smile. As they sat and talked, Xael watched her as she got out of her seat and came over to their table. She could see the little girl's parents watching her intently.

"Well hello little one." Xael's voice was soft and she had adjusted her scent so it was calming.

"Hi...are you a wolf?"

"Yes."

"You're really pretty."

"And so are you!" They guys just sat and watched. They were surprised that a human would allow their child around them alone. Most humans were still a little leary of them.

"Where are your ears!?" Now the little one was more at ease and had a ton of questions.

"They're hidden."

"Ohhhh. Is he your husband?" The little one pointed to Eli as he was closer to Xael in complexion than Chris and Adam.

"No, he's my husband. But we don't say husband or wife we say Mate."

"Oh. Do you have fangs?"

"Only when we get angry."

"Do you have a tail?"

"Only when we change."

"Really!? Does it hurt?"

"It does when you do it the first time. After that it doesn't hurt."

"Wow! Why are your eyes like that?"

"This is their natural color. I was born with grey eyes."

"Cool!!"

"I wish I could see your ears."

"Here I'll show you really quick!" The little girl jumped and clapped in excitement. Xael could tell that the child was genuinely curious. She leaned down and suddenly furry ears poked through her hair, it even surprised Chris and Eli. The little girl squealed.

"Your so adorable!"

Xael laughed "Thank you!"

"Can I touch them?"

"Sure!" Xael leaned even closer to the child as she gently rubbed her ear.

"Wow...it's so soft! Thank you!"

"Your welcome dear!"

The little girl waved to the guys and ran back to her parents.

"How the hell did you do that sis!?"

"What? The ears? Lots of practice, you guys ready to go, people are staring now."

"Yeah, let's get you outta here." Adam had a protective hand on his Mate as they left the restaurant. Adam gave Chris and Eli directions to the cabin and he and Xael made their way back to the auto shop. There was no hurry so they enjoyed a nice quiet walk.

"Skylar is gonna crap when he finds out what we had done to his truck!"

"I know!" They both laughed. But he deserved it. Skylar had done so much for both them, it was the least they could do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.2K 723 4
What happens when two halves of a soul, yearning for each other, from different worlds, finally cross paths? Following the destruction of her New Yor...
26.4K 637 10
๐‰๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐›๐š๐ง๐
620K 16.6K 44
(C O M P L E T E D NOV 18) Ruby is a young wolf with wild mood swings and short tempers. Her life revolves around her best friends and her struggle...
3K 271 7
there is no war so hateful to the gods as a war between kin - and no war so bloody as a war between dragons. IN WHICH texts left by the late king rha...