Belonging | Alec Lightwood

By Itzwhatever

'He said, there are thousands of Shadowhunter's, but great love comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky, and... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER PROFILE
TRAILER
COVER ART
AESTHETICS
🗝
(1) Happy Birthday
(2) Meeting Blondie
(3) Hello hot eyes
(4) Still an asshole
(5)Thanks for the tat
(6)Female anatomy
(7) Meth Dealer
(8) Time for Boys
(9) Si bitch, her too
(10) Burden
(11) Fuck the accords
(12) Teach me
(13) Alec's answer
(14) As funny as Ebola
(15) One step forward, two steps back
(16) Hotter than Jace
(17) Memory
🗝
(18) Lies and open wounds
(19) I can't
(20) Hibernating
(21) Torn
(22) Intoxicating
(23) One in a million
(24) Wrapped around my finger
(25) Short end of the stick
(26) Male Anatomy
(27) Always goes wrong
(28) I did it
(30) Seeing red
(31) Save him
(32) One knee
(33) Arrangement
(34) Obligations
(35) What I liked about you
(36) Heaven
(37) Beginning to fade
(38) Sister Sister
(39) Threesome
(40) Family United
(41) Bad idea
(42) The Wedding
(43) Him and I
🗝
(44) Crazy
(45) Right Choices
(46) Adios
(47) Back again
(48) Hurricane
(49) Interrogation
(50) For Jace
(51) Getting between us
(52) 3 words, 8 letters
(53) Running out of time
(54) Hope
(55) Shattering
(56) Hunt
(57) Alone
(58) Darkness
Acknowledgements
!!!!

(29) Warnings and intruders

2.7K 98 200
By Itzwhatever

"It looked like a wine glass" Clary says, her face slightly amused as she thinks about the Mortal Cup, that we successfully managed to get back.

"Well, that wine glass saved Cam's life" Izzy says, smirking, sauntering over from her mirror to drop next to me on her lush and large sized bed.

This felt oddly like déjà vu, my mind travelled back to when we had first arrived at the institute and had a girls talk with Izzy just like this.

It felt like a life time ago.

"I'm just happy I got it out in time, only the angel knows what would have happened if I didn't"

"Well, you did" Clary smiles, "And besides, Jace said the first rule of Shadowhunting was 'when something explodes, just keep walking.'" Clary states, her voice dropping a few octaves to mimic a gruff sounding Jace.

"Okay, and what's the second rule?" I ask, giggling, since that is pretty much how Jace speaks.

Always trying to be the mysterious bad boy.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Izzy states, chiming in, her slim and toned leg lifting simultaneously to reveal her high block heeled booties. Clary and I merely laugh in response, shaking our heads in amusement.

"Oh, and speaking of Jace" I start, my eyes immediately lifting to Clary, who already looks flustered. "I can't believe that you and Jace did tonsil hockey last night and you didn't even tell me" I exasperate, a teasing smile on my face as Clary glares at me.

"Cam!" Clary mutters, groaning as she shuts her eyes in embarrassment.

"It was super cute, though a little risky, they kissed in the middle of the institute" Izzy comments, wiggling her brows insinuatingly at me.

"You did not!" I exclaims, laughing out in shock. "And there you were not long ago claiming to have zero interest in Jace, I so knew you were lying"

"You are hardly one to talk, Cam. Does Izzy know, yet, about your own hypocrisy" Clary asks, an evil and mischievous smile gracing her features as she throws me into the freaking deep end. Immediately, Izzy's eyes snap to me, a small smirk and curious eyes staring me down.

Gee, thanks a lot Clary.

"Ooh, what does that mean?" Izzy asks, the excitement she felt at a new secret evident in her jittery body and teeth baring smile.

"Well..." I start, the blood already rushing to my face as I twiddle my thumbs, "I may have, um kissed Alec"

"What!?" Izzy exclaims, her body instantaneously turning towards me, her eyes wide and smile broad.

She looked happier about the kiss than I bloody did.

"How, what, when ,where and why" Izzy says, her voice fast paced and bombarding, her questions attacking me faster than I could understand. I laugh slightly, my eyes momentarily lifting to Clary to glare at her, though I was eventually going to tell Izzy anyway, I just wasn't prepared for it to be right now.

I mean, give a girl some time to think.

"It was the night Alec found you wasn't it?" Izzy suddenly asks, a curious look on her face.

"Yeah, how did you know that?" I ask, a bewildered look on my face.

"I knew it. You guys were acting super weird when you got back, all longing stares, blushing when you caught each other's eyes, and even your story felt like there was holes in it." Izzy says expertly, a satisfied grin on her face now that she had figured out all the missing pieces.

I laugh slowly as I lift from my space, walking next to Clary and leaning against the podium, my legs stretching out before me.

"It wasn't that expected honestly." I shrug, a small laugh emitting my lips "This demon attacked me, pretending to be Alec, and, well he saved me. I was happy to see him- but I still felt so much anger towards him, for the lies and for everything that had happened." I said, biting my lip nervously, not being used to telling this story, or opening up about how I had felt back then.

"You don't have to tell us the personal parts, let them stay between you and Alec" Izzy says, an assuring smile gracing her features, as Clary rubs my shoulder, nodding in agreement.

"I was really emotional, I've never felt like I belonged in this world but Alec, he reminded me that I did and I guess we both opened up to each other. He made me realise that I wasn't a bad Shadowhunter and that Valentine didn't dictate who I was and well, in that moment, we were both vulnerable and being open about how we felt about each other and we kissed. And it felt right, like fireworks and electricity." I said, smiling to myself, the memories of that night coming back to life and igniting my entire body.

"God, you really like him. I don't think I've ever seen you like this before." Clary says, a genuine and happy smile on her face, making me giggle, since she most definitely was right. However, my grin is cut short by the look of sadness on Izzy's face, she seemed happy yet almost like she had seen a ghost.

"Iz?"

Immediately, she turn her attention back to me, her smile back on and eyes twinkling at me. "You guys are seriously made for each other, you should talk to Alec and tell him how you feel. It would be dumb to leave it too long and have something get in the way" Izzy says, her expression strained and voice grave.

I didn't know what she meant, but it sounded like a warning.

***

I walked down the corridors and further away from Izzy's room, my mind still spinning with her words.

'It would be dumb to leave it too long and have something get in the way'

What did that even mean?

And why did it make me feel like curling into a ball and hiding in a hole where no one could find me?

I knew that I had to talk to Alec, not because something could get in the way but because deep down, I knew that I was seriously falling for him, and I couldn't contain it any long. I mean, he might not even feel the same way, or maybe he will feel the same way, but I won't be certain until I confess how I feel and start the conversation.

Because god knows Alec will never start it.

I shake my head in frustration, the emotional battle I had in my head was beginning to give me a migraine. I continued down the long corridors, my memory already tracing and remembering which corridor led where, which is a far cry from when I first arrived at the institute. The place was like a maze back then.

I turn the corridor and pass an open door way, and unexpectedly a small figure rushes out the second I step forwards, making me gasp in surprise but luckily not get knocked over.

"Max! How many times have I said not to run around like that" I heard Alec scold, the sound of his thumping footsteps accelerating and coming closer. Immediately, my eyes lift from the ground and up a short distance to see a small boy, with slightly long brown hair and bold brown eyes.

"Sorry, didn't mean to rush you" Max says, an innocent tone to his voice despite the mischievous smile he was giving. He seemed to be a lot like Izzy from what I could tell; he seemed naughty and teasing, two things Iz definitely is.

As he apologised, I noticed Alec reach us, his stern expression softening as he took in Max's remorseful smile.

"No worries" I say, smiling dismissively, "But more importantly, you must be Max, I have heard a lot about you" I say, dropping onto my knees to be able to talk to him better. I avoid Alec's stare, knowing I would hardly be able to focus on anything if my eyes were to meet with his.

"Oh, yeah. I am pretty cool" Max states proudly, an adorable smile covering his face. I merely laugh, shaking my head in amusement, and I also notice from the corner of my eyes that Alec's smiling too, a fond look covering his face.

Max really had him where he wanted him.

"Though I did hear Izzy say that you got your stele taken away?" I ask teasingly, a faux stern look on my face, causing Max to blush timidly at me. "It wasn't really my fault though, swear it was an accident' He says, his hand coming up dramatically before dropping onto his sides.

"They took it away because you nearly burned down the Mumbai Institute." Alec deadpans, his face disbelieving as he ruffles Max's hair, causing me to giggle at the harsh glare Max replies with.

God, kids are cute.

"Well, I think that if you were to be a good boy, and I mean really behave the next couple of days, we could possible get your stele back?" I whisper, a trusting grin on my face as I watch Max immediately light up with a huge, teeth baring smile.

"Really?!" He ask, his excitement evident.

"Yeah, really. But you have to behave okay?"

"Okay, I will. I'll be really good the next few days" He replies, his answer coming quicker than lightning and evidently eager, as if I would take back my word if he didn't say it fast enough.

"Promise?" I ask, my pinky coming up in front of him. Max laughs before swiftly wrapping his small pinky finger with mine.

'Promise.'

I swiftly stand up, my hand ruffling Max's hair in appreciation before my eyes lift and land on Alec. I immediately notice the soft expression he has on his face, his eyes gentle and a small appreciative smile tugging at his lips. As his eyes meet mine he nods and smiles, instantly causing me to blush and grin before shifting my attention away.

Him smiling always affected me.

"I'm really glad your Alec's girlfriend, you're super cool"

My eyes snap down, wide and shocked at Max's sudden statement, and by the look of astonishment on Alec's face I can tell he's just as surprised.

God, I'm probably redder than a tomato right now.

"I'm not his girl-"

However, I'm quickly cut off, the pounding steps of heels clattering against the floor boards is heard and soon a woman enters my peripheral.

Maryse Lightwood.

"Max, what are you doing here? I told you to meet me in the study" She scolds, her harsh face sternly staring at Max, who despite her intimidating stance, merely looks bored.

"Sorry mother, I was bringing Max right now. We lost track of time" Alec says, his demeanour evidently souring at the presence of his mother. Though, from the vibe I was getting, I don't think she's the type to greet with a smile or a hug.

I couldn't imagine having a mother like that.

"Well, our reputation is already down the drain, we might as well add tardiness to the list also" She mutters, the sinister tone she held practically cutting at Alec. I felt myself stiffen, my mind desperately warning me to hold my tongue and not be rude to the mother of the guy I like.

Even if I really wanted to chew her out.

"Mrs Lightwood" I say, a cheery lightness to my voice as I step forwards, "it's a pleasure to meet you" I refrain from lifting my hand for her to shake, knowing that if by some likeliness she refused, I would probably upper cut her, and I doubt that would go down well.

"Camilla Fairchild, you've been quite the celebrity in this institute. You and your sister have caused quite a ruckus for my family, but I'm told from Clarissa that it isn't your fault. So, that makes it okay" She says, a horrific iciness to her words, as she smiles venomously at me.

I gulp down, a tightness in my throat as I ignore her harsh words and instead choose to smile tightly, whilst hurting her in my head to prevent me from making my fantasises a reality.

Okay, so she's a bitch.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Mother-" Alec yells, an astounded and rather furious look on his face.

Maryse sighs before she ignores Alec completely, merely ushering Max to her before turning on her heel. However, before she leaves, her eyes skim past me, and directly onto Alec "I hope you will do what is right Alexander, if not for me than at least for our family.' And with that she was gone.

The corridor remained silent for a while, Alec was staring emotionlessly at the ground, whilst I looked everywhere but at him, completely unsure of what to say.

I mean, I didn't even know what she meant?

Do the right thing with what?

And why did I have a feeling it was something to do with me?

"I'm sorry about my mother" Alec sighs, scratching his neck awkwardly as we look at one another.

"Don't be, I'm hardly one to judge another's parent. Mine is a major asshole after all" I say rolling my eyes, my heart fluttering as Alec replies with a laugh, grinning brightly.

"I liked your brother though, cute kid"

"Yeah, he's a trouble maker though. A lot like Izzy in that sense." Alec states, his eyes rolling in humour, his brother clearly a sweet topic for him. "Though I was surprised at how good you are with kids, I would've thought you'd find it awkward"

"No, I actually like kids, surprisingly. I mean, they're funny and brutally honest and well they aren't infuriating or confusing like adults. What's not to like?" I say, shrugging carelessly, laughter emitting me at Alec's bewildered expression.

"You always seem to surprise me Camilla" Alec states with a small smile, making me grin childishly at him.

I just wished we could stay like this forever.

***

"Si, I'm sorry I haven't called you back. There's been so much going on that I need to fill you in on. Call me when you can. Love you" I say sincerely, before flipping my phone shut and placing it into my pocket.

With all the drama happening, Clary and I haven't had any time to check on Simon and make sure he was okay. When he left he was super freaked and angry and then he called Clary even more freaked out.

I just hope he's kept himself safe.

However, my thoughts are quickly interrupted by a loud, alarm bell echoing through the institute. Immediately my eyes land on Alec, who was desperately watching the monitor, a look of surprise on his face.

"What the...?"

"Someone's trying to get in" Jace states, and we all seem to almost gasp in shock.

Valentine must be coming for the cup.

"I told you-" Alec hisses in Jace's direction, making him glare harshly back at him.

Immediately we all grab our weapons, not bothering to suit up or grab anything particular, knowing that we had very little time to prepare. Slowly, we all make our way outside, weapons at the ready and all alert, looking out for movement.

"Hey!" Jace suddenly shouts as we walk further away from the institute, and we all instantly divert our attention, and my eyes quickly fall to a figure not far from us, hidden by the shadow of the night sky. He didn't seem to be armed or making much movement, though he was holding something in his hands.

"Drop what you're holding and put your hand up" Alec states, stepping forwards and aiming his arrow at the intruder.

However, as the man steps forwards, and the light cascades over him, Alec's eyes widen and he lowers his arrow, his face quickly snapping to me with a look of sorrow. Frowning in confusion at him, I push past his towering figure and move to look at what was in the light.

And I immediately feel my chest tighten and my entire world stop.

It was Raphael.

Carrying a dead Simon.

Hi Guys,

So, this chapter was pretty bitter sweet. I knew that the ending of this was going to be majorly upsetting and the beginning a really sad journey, so to make up for it I figured I'd throw in some fluff and a few cute moments between Cam and Alec, and her meeting Max.

Also, I made Maryse very um bitchy in this chapter, and tbh this is kind of how I viewed her at the start. But I promise that she isn't always going to be like this, well hopefully not anyway, and that I absolutely adored her character development in SH and I hope I can do it justice in my book.

I'm insanely nervous about writing the next chapter, not only because it's super sad bc of Simon :( but because I want it to be a good chapter, so I definitely plan on spending a lot of time on it.

If you like his chapter make sure you VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

And I will see you lovelies next update xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...
2.4K 180 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...
23.2K 969 53
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...
44.7K 840 54
"Family isn't just blood, Clary." _____________________________________ Following Jocelyn Fairchild's untimely death, Clary realizes she has no-one l...