Lies, Lies And More Lies✔️

By krystall_xoxo

Book #2 - 'Nothing But The Truth' is now up on my profile ***************************************************... More

Lies, Lies And More Lies
1: I'm Engaged
2: Let's Get Married
3: I'll Take That Bet
4: I Can't Wait To Prove You Wrong
5: Ignore Him, He's Drunk.
6: Don't You Dare!
7: It's A Date
8: I'm Done With You
9: It Was Love At First Sight
10: We Made Bad Choices
11: You Dated Michael B Jordan?
12: Angry In Peace
13: Who's Your New House Guest?
14: Trouble In Paradise
15: Beggars Aren't Choosers
16: On Second Thought
18: A March Wedding
19: Tell The Truth
20: This Not So Lovely Midnight
21: A Friendly Game
22: A Win Is A Win
23: What's The Plan?
24: Let's Kidnap My Cousin
25: I Wasn't Alone
25.1: Such A Screw Up
26: Above Water
27: This Isn't My First Rodeo
28: I'll Call You Cady
29: In Your Dreams
30: One Lucky Lady
31: Tee Tee, Do You Love Me?
32: Derrek Dune Is Derrek Done For
33: Can't Take A Joke
34: Who's In trouble Now?
35: Liars Are Loosers
36: Scooby Dooby Ruby!
37: Surrounded By Criminals
38: Can You Hear Me?
39: Not Out Of The Woods Yet
40: Hear Me Cry
41: Twilight
42: What Do You See?
43: Once Bitten, Twice Shy
44: We Could Use A Time Machine
45: I'm Sorry She Hurt You
46: The first time is always nerve wracking.
47: You Poor Thing
48: The Big Sister I Never Had
49: Another Woman's Fiancé
50: The Heartache
51: Don't Play Dumb
52: Two Truths And A Lie
53: Destination Unknown
54: The Biggest Fool In The world
55: The Girl Who Torpedoed My Life
56: In The Rain
57: Selfish Reasons
58: I Call It The Broken Wife
59: You Should Leave
60: If The Truth Came Out
61: Because Of You
62: Not Murder But Close
63: Midnight Sugar Picnic
64: The Truth Is
65: You Need To Leave
66: Promise Not To Tell
67: That girl and her anger issues
68: Tough Girls Cry
69: Sunlight
70: Name Your Price
71: I Was Framed
72: Understand
73: Truthfully
74: I Would Never Do That
75: Everyone Struggles
76: Apartment On Fire
77: Fireworks
78(Part I): Till Death Do Us Part
78(Part II): A Moment's Peace
79(Part I): The Fear Was Real
79(Part II): The Fear Was My Reality
80(Part I): Ghost Of The Past
80(Part II): I Love You!
Book #2: Nothing But The Truth

17: A Good Looking Tree

597 125 27
By krystall_xoxo

A/N:

You guyyyyssssss!!!!

We're at 1000+ reads!!!! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Thank you so much!!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

***************************

I stared deep into Derrek's eyes and he stared back into mine. His stare just as intense as mine. Every few seconds or so, I found myself in awe at how beautiful his eyes truly where. He had large eyes which made him look like a cute kid and his lashes were thick and long which had me a lot jealous as mine had been short and straight. I felt my eyes sting and although every fibre of my body begged me to blink, I didn't. I didn't want to loose to Derrek but it seemed like I was about to. Derrek hadn't even flinched one bit. His eyes remained wide open and focused with the intent of winning.

"Shit!" I hissed as I blinked. I had lost to Derrek in yet another game.

We were done with dinner a little after nine and Tosin had insisted that Derrek and I headed over to her apartment for a fun night of drink and games. She had always wanted a couple game night but most of her friends were either single or somehow avoided game night. I couldn't blame them though, Tosin was very competitive. It was really frustrating sometimes but I did owe her for ignoring her messages and calls for a week.

"That's three to nothing. I win again!" Derrek laughed mockingly as he struck a pose, flicking the sides of his jacket backwards so his white sparkling shirt was fully exposed, then, he placed his right hand in his pocket and brushed his other hand over his hair.

"You cheated! It wasn't a fair game!" I argued and Derrek scoffed as he glanced at me in annoyance.

"How could I have cheated when Tee and Lex watched me like a hawk?" Derrek argued and I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms across my chest, annoyed. "You lost fair and square so take your shot."

I pouted as my eyes glanced at the shot glass staring up at me. I'd already drank too much alcohol and I was a light weight. If I had anymore I would've sang like a canary and spilled all our secrets to Tosin and Alex. Alcohol was like a truth serum for me amongst other things. I spilled all my guts when drunk and I hated that so much.

"Come on, Tiara! Driiiiinnkkkkkk!!" Tosin nudged and I shook my head stubbornly. "You're killing the fun! Just take the dang shot!"

With the roll of my eyes and a heavy sigh, I picked up the miniscule glass and knocked back the alcohol, grimacing as the burning liquid flowed down my throat.

"Alright!" Tosin cheered, clapping her hands together excitedly. "It's our turn now." She got off the couch and pulled Alex up with her. They settled down on both sides of the coffee table at the center of the living room and prepared themselves for the staring competition. I laughed as I watched Tosin being her over dramatic self as she blinked like a million times per second, making funny faces as she did so. Alex seemed amused by it.

The night consisted of a whole lot of other games that involved alcohol and a lot of shots and peer pressure later, I was starting to feel extra giggly, however, the gang wasn't done yet.

"So, now..." Tosin got up to her feet and I groaned, crashing my back to the body of the couch. The games weren't over yet?

"Is she always so-"

"Boring?" Tosin offered and Derrek nodded, earning a glare from me. "Tiara's one of the funnest human beings I know, so, I'm shocked to see her so-"

"Boring?" I offered, glaring and she let out a laugh. "I'm not in the mood for games, guys. I've got a lot of problems in my life right now. I know things are going to end badly but when?"

"What's wrong, Ti?" Tosin rushed up to me with a concerned look on her face and I gave a heavy sigh as I felt my eyes well up with tears. I felt happy just a second ago and now, I felt like crying my eyes out. "What's the problem?"

"Where do I begin?" My eyes glanced round the living room and paused on Derrek. I glared at him. "You!"

"Me?" He was taken by surprise.

"Yes, you! Mr Derrek whatever-your-middle-name-is Dune!" I stumbled over to him and he swallowed, briefly glancing at Tosin and Alex before glancing down at me.

"Tiara-"

"Don't Tiara me, Mr Dune!" I placed my palm over his lips and glared at him. "I made a huge mistake signing that-" I gasped as Derrek slapped his palm over my lips. I let my palm fall from his lips and attempted to pull his hand off mine as he wrapped his other hand around my neck.

"What are you saying?" He gave a nervous laugh and I noticed his eyes flicker behind me, no doubt glancing at Tosin and Alex once again. He obviously didn't want them to find out the truth about our relationship but I just wanted the sham to be over. I had to come out with the truth. Lying to my friends and family weighed on me heavily and I felt extremely guilty.

"Derrek, what's going on? Why are you stopping her from speaking?" Tosin questioned and I blinked at Derrek, wondering what excuse he was going to come up with. "What kind of problems is she having and why are you listed as one of them?" She questioned further and Derrek dropped his arms, parting his lips to speak but I cut him off with a song that popped in my head.

"I got ninety-nine problems but you won't be one. I got one less, one less problem." I started to sing, moving my hips from side to side. Something about Tosin's sentence reminded me of the Ariana Grande song and my attention had shifted to getting the words right. "One less problem without you-"

"Tiara, Tiara!" Tosin called but I wasn't paying any attention to her. I just wanted to dance.

"Heads in the clouds got no weight on my shoulders. I should be wiser and realize that I got!" I laughed hard as I missed the last note and decided to give up singing altogether. I was never going to be an amazing singer like Ariana Grande. "That's not fair." I pouted in annoyance at the realization.

"Tiara!" Tosin shook my shoulders to get my attention and I stared up at her with my eyes wide.

"What?"

"You were saying something before breaking into song. What's going on with you and Derrek?" She questioned and my eyebrows pulled together in confusion. I couldn't seem to understand what she had meant.

"Who?" I questioned as I tried to recall who the familiar name had belonged to.

"You're fiancé, Derrek Dune." She pointed to the familiar looking tall and handsome man standing in a rolled up button up shirt and suit trousers. He looked really hot.

"That one?" I pointed and I heard Tosin sigh in annoyance. She always tended to get annoyed with my drunken behaviors. "Oh, yeah, Derrek." I recalled. "Hi, Derrek!"

"I think she's had too much to drink. Tiara becomes the strangest person when drunk." Tosin pulled me over to the couch and sat me down.

"I know, right?" Derrek laughed. "She once thought I was a good looking tree."

Tosin snorted at this and Alex cracked up a laugh as well which made me frown. They were laughing at me. Friends didn't laugh at each other. They were bad people and not my friends anymore.

"I'm going home!" I announced and jumped up to my feet but I fell back down as I lost my balance immediately. "I'm going home!" I tried again, this time getting up carefully. I staggered for a bit but I managed to catch myself.

"No, you're not. Sit down. Babe, could you get a glass of water?" Tosin asked Alex as she forced me back into my seat and another song popped in my head.

"Hey you! Hey you!" I pointed at all three of them. "Sit down! Don't tell me what to be! Sit down! Don't tell me what to be! Sit-"

"What are you saying, crazy?" Tosin flicked my arm and I turned to her. She had an amused smile on her face.

"I'm singing, duh." I rolled my eyes. "I hear Adiola singing it all the time at home. I think it's a kpop song." I paused to think about what the name of the song was. "Oh, yeah. It was M-city." I concluded.

"M-city?"

"No, NZT!" I changed my mind on the name but it still didn't sound right. "Anything?" I tried again but it still didn't sound right. "Can you call my sister and ask her who sang the song?" I reached over to the table to grab my phone but Tosin pulled me back.

"You're sister's probably asleep. It's almost midnight." She reasoned and I laughed, shaking my head.

"That vampire never goes to sleep. She's a vampire, they don't need sleep like we humans do." I shook my head at Tosin's silly words. Everyone knew vampires didn't need sleep.

"Did she just call her sister a vampire?" Alex inquired as he returned with a glass of water and I nodded as Tosin reached out to take the glass from him.

"She is a vampire. She wasn't born a vampire but I think she got bitten by one of the Salvatore brothers." I mumbled what I could recall in my memory. "I think it was Damon Salvatore. He's a very good looking man. I wonder why he chose my sister instead of me. I would've married him in a heart beat."

"Wow, Tiara's-"

"Crazy?" Tosin offered and I smacked her arm hard, causing some of the water to spill over. She glared.

"I'm not crazy, I'm Tiara, stupid." I corrected, ignoring her glare and I heard laughing so I turned towards the sound to see Alex laughing and Derrek pulled his drink away from his lips as he joined in the laughter. I didn't like them anymore. "I don't like you guys anymore. I want to go home now."

"This is why we never let Tiara get drunk." Tosin sighed as she got up to her feet and pulled me along with her. "I'll take her to the guest room so she can sleep it off."

"Don't worry about it. I'll take her myself." Derrek hurried over to my side and I glared at him. "Just point me in the right direction."

"Oh, okay." Tosin nodded as Derrek held me close to his side, wrapping his arms around my waist. He felt very warm and cozy. I snuggled up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's the last door to the right."

With a nod, Derrek released his hold on me and just as I was about to complain, he wrapped an arm around my legs and picked me up bridal style. I let out a shriek, surprised by the action and I heard Derrek groan from the loud sound obviously piercing his ears. I laughed at how funny his scrunched up face had looked.

"Come on, crazy. Time for bed." Derrek smiled down at me and I frowned, hitting his chest with my palm.

"I told you, my name's not crazy. It's Tiara. Get it right." I corrected, rolling my eyes at home dumb he was.

"Sorry, Princess." He got it wrong again and I gave a sigh in annoyance.

"You are not the brightest of people, Derrek Dune. It's very sad."

"I'll just put her to sleep then." Derrek informed as he turned us in the direction of Tosin and Alex who were having another drink. I wanted another glass too.

"Good night, Tiara!" Tosin waved at me and I frowned.

"But-"

"Sleep tight." Alex wiggled his fingers at me.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite, tonight." I completed, yawning right after. All this talk about sleeping had me tired already. Maybe I did need to catch some z's.

As Derrek started us towards the guest room, I wrapped my arms around his neck once again and snuggled into his chest. He was really warm.

Derrek said something as we got into the room but I couldn't recall the words as I had already started to drift off to sleep. I only open my eyes after he set me down on the bed. I watched with hooded eyes as he tucked me into bed, pulling the covers over me.

"You've have been quite entertaining tonight, Tiara." He smiled down at me and I let out another yawn. "Cute."

"I'm not cute, I'm a gorgeous, independent boss bitch." I corrected as I stifled another yawn and Derrek laughed before straightening up.

"Goodnight, Tiara."

"Goodnight, Mr Tree." I mumbled as my eyes slowly closed and I drifted right into dream land.

********************************

Who remembers the scene when Tiara and Derrek met for the first time in Chapter 2? She had thought he was a tree and he had thought she was a standing floor. The things alcohol would do to you😂

The 'Sit down' song Tiara had tried to remember is Sit down by NCT127. They're one of my favorite kpop groups.

Did I mention I'm into kpop?

Who else listens to kpop? Put your hands up 🙋🏽‍♀️ and let's know ourselves 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 11.6K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
639 53 18
"We are not going to give you the share" "Yes, you are. I saved your life" "Yeah, but police or maybe agents could caught us again" "Why? you're litt...
43.1K 7.3K 41
|| Bukola Solade has two major secrets and they are not what land her in trouble! It's a third one that only she knows about. She had two secrets. He...
112K 2.4K 24
He loved me, He loved me not He loved me, but not, in the way I needed him to say. "When you lose someone who use to be your everything it's like...