Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#32: Uncaged

282 17 1
By Yel_lue04

Palace
Garden

Eleanor walked behind Liam thinking about Kiel. "You seem bothered", Liam noticed. "Gil went back to his house", Eleanor would be talking to Gil about the matter with Kiel if only he was around.

Liam caught a petal from Eleanor's hair. "It's blooming this year", Liam looked up at the cherry blossom. "Sir Liam, can I please take a leave this afternoon? I want to check on something", Eleanor asked for permission. "Sure. The Prince already foresaw that you would be. He asked me to do your tasks instead", Liam informed. Eleanor bowed very low and left.

Queen's Cabin

Olivia and Claudia were the only ones who were early.

"I notice that you always carry birds around, Lady Olivia", Claudia tried to initiate a conversation. "Hmft. Don't push your luck on me just because you were chosen as a candidate", Olivia scoffed. Claudia forced laughter. "The Crown Prince only did that to raise the morale of the merchants", she explained. "Hearing it that way. I can't help but ask why the Prince would do something nice to you", Olivia put the bird back in its cage.

The Queen entered and the two bowed.

She looked at the bird.

"Do you think birds are better inside cages?", Dorsel asked. "Ah. I will let it go if you wish, Your Grace", Olivia panicked. "Leave it so. A caged bird will find it difficult to live in the wild", Dorsel smiled as she answered.

Fiona entered in her military uniform. "Thank you for coming. And so, I believe your preparations are finished", Dorsel looked at them. "I am removing myself from this committee. I already have my position in the military. I will be protecting the Crown Prince from any harm", Fiona said with bitterness. "Eih. Are you feeling down that Aileen was chosen over you? That's natural. She's mature, logical, and she's got greater connections", Olivia chuckled. "Watch your tongue, lady. It might fall", Fiona held onto her sword. Olivia hid behind Claudia.

"I understand your position. I will fill in the gap you will leave in the committee", Claudia assured. "That's good then", Fiona bowed and then left.

"Ah. She's upset for not being chosen", Olivia mocked her.

"That's a great gap for you to fill in. Lady Fiona is supposed to be in charge of the banquet wine", Olivia looked at Claudia. "It's okay. As long as it's for the Kingdom", Claudia smiled. Dorsel found Claudia pleasing. "But... I can't help but think that Eleanor has a chance if she still longs for the Crown Prince", Claudia commented.

"That I'll mannered brat?", Olivia showed disgust. "She's not the person she was before any more", Claudia tried to convince her.

"Hm? She's still the same. Why do you think Sir Gilbert retired as her tutor? She's probably annoying", Olivia laughed. "Sir Gilbert left due to a different matter. He's trying to restore their reputation", Dorsel joined the conversation. "But, Your Grace. Whatever he does to restore it. Some stains won't go. They will forever be a prisoner of the things they committed", Olivia looked at the sky. "Murders, Corrupt, and Monsters", she commented.

Council Building
Terrace

The rain suddenly poured which meant Kiel no longer had to clean the floor. He stayed in the shaded area overlooking the horizon.

It's quite dark and cold.

Kiel. Your mother died after she gave birth to you. It wasn't due to child labor and the like. The Emperor allowed her to give birth to you and cut her head afterward. But she was still able to hold you. She was smiling and laughing saying that you look perfectly like your father.

Kiel remembered Fineil talking to him 5 years ago.

"How does he know? It's not like he was there. Liar", he kicked the mop and made some noise. This led Eleanor to find him.

"You're here", Eleanor peeked. "Go away. I have no time for your schemes", Kiel looked away.

"It's almost dinner. Those guys are finished eating as well. Shall we also go and eat", Eleanor invited. "Quit the act. You have a huge banquet dining hall in your Manor", Kiel slightly pushed her away and she fell on her butt. "You're that weak to be pushed around", Kiel furrowed his brow. "I haven't been practicing these days", she chuckled.

Kiel was about to offer a hand when Charles's face flashed in his mind. "Murderer. You carry the blood of a murderer", Kiel commented and withdrew his hand. 

Dining Hall

Eleanor followed him and ate with him making quite a generous distance.

"Hey", Kiel called.

Eleanor was all ears. "Then, have you been to the sea?", Kiel asked. Eleanor nodded violently. "Is it true that the water reflects the sky?", Kiel asked. Eleanor paused and saw how much Kiel was willing to hear the answer. "It is. The sea is so vast that you can see an ocean of sky", Eleanor smiled. "Then, you can't even see the end of it?!", Kiel excitingly asked. Eleanor rode his excitement.

"You must think I'm an idiot", Kiel went back to his emo mode. "You seem to like the sea a lot", Eleanor noticed. "It sounds free. Without a roof over your head. Without walls. Without boundaries. Without limitations. It sounds free", Kiel's words were enough to bring Eleanor to tears but she held it. "Let's go see it, Kiel", Eleanor reached her hand.

"Let's go see it", she repeated.

"Lights off", Fineil interrupted.

Ren peeked and went to steal some of Eleanor's food. Rendell also came to fetch the lady.

Corridor

"Why didn't you finish the suspenseful question?", Ren pouted.

"I'm bothered", Fineil looked straight into the aisle.

"Bothered. You're just scared. You wouldn't know what to do if he said he wanted to see it", Ren chuckled.

"You're a distasteful man", Fineil furrowed his brow.

"You're just soft", Ren walked ahead.

"Or should I say, you're soft for him because you could have been in his position? Am I right? The other survivor of that genocide", Ren had a smirk on his face. "I'll wipe that smile from your face", Fineil glared at him.

House of Varian
Charles Room

Eleanor climbed into his bed.

"Can't sleep?", Charles asked as he pulled her for an embrace.

"Sorry, Dad. I have to ask you this question. That night when you raided the tower what was on your mind?", Eleanor squinted feeling guilty for asking such a taunting question.

"I was filled with regret but then... When I thought that these people would destroy the future of my family... I didn't hesitate to cut them", Charles slightly shuddered and sat on the bed. "But then, looking back... I guess I still had a lot of questions. Why do the innocent have to die as well? Not all of them were tainted. Why do they have to suffer the consequence of which they did not sin?", Charles tightens his embrace. "But thinking just made me madder so... I just let it go and followed the commands whether I perceived it as right or wrong. If it was the Emperor, he must be doing it for the Kingdom The next year after, the Emperor died in the hand of his son", Charles narrated.

"I was a coward who couldn't fight for justice. Forgive me, Eleanor. I am such a coward", Charles closed his eyes.

Eleanor allowed Charles to pat her head. "We're imprisoned by the things we did, aren't we Dad? But For those who never did anything at all, I don't want them to end the same way", Eleanor remembered Gil and Kiel.

Chapter end. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 2K 21
Here you'll learn how to become a master of the art of writing fanfiction. These tutorials are 100% approved by the Herd mentality that poisons this...
56.9K 1.2K 11
You are watching MLB and are slowly starting to sleep. Falling asleep to the dream of meeting ladybug in real life. What if that dream comes true and...
31.3K 1.6K 34
โ” โ”โ”โ”โ” ใ€Œๆ•‘ไธ–ใ€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ ยก! โ—›โ‘…ยทเผ˜ โ๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž โ๐—•๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—œ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž .แฐใ€Œ๐˜...
45K 4.3K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me ๐Ÿ˜‰ *There wi...