Alpha's Lone Witch

By dr3amstar

Andrew Crescent was cursed to have the memories of his reincarnation, William Crescent. The Trials, the war... More

Small Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 11

6.2K 198 16
By dr3amstar

Hope you enjoy :)! Thanks for reading!

Chapter 11

Andrew's POV

Everyone was silent. Stunned by the sudden announcement made by Royal Nicholas. There were no words that I could bring myself to say and I was sure it was the same for everyone in the room. Even Meredith was speechless, her expression thoughtful.

I didn't know how long everyone was silent. A couple of seconds? Minutes perhaps. Royal Nicholas was staring at each of us with a grave expression, obviously expecting this reaction out of all of us.

It wasn't until Harry spoke up that the silence was broken.

"What do you mean their tattoos can no longer be seen!" He shouted with anger and denial. "That's preposterous!"

"It's impossible!" Isaac Fang, Alpha of Ebony Fang Pack, shouted right after.

"What will we do now.." I faintly heard Alpha of Crystal Lake, Gavin Lake, say.

Faint whispers dispersed around the room. The news of the Hunters were much more shocking than I would have suspected. I only guessed we would be discussing what to do when we spotted a Hunter, not that they could be in disguise now, and we would never know it...

"Permission to speak aloud Royal Nicholas." Kenneth suddenly stood.

Royal Nicholas silenced everyone in the room. Once everyone was settled down, he gestured with his hand towards Kenneth. "Continue."

"A couple of days ago I reported in Hunter sightings in my land. The only reason my members were able to see them while they tried to blend with the humans were their faint scents and tattoos -but mostly the tattoos. I am no trying to imply that you lied Royal Nicholas, however are you sure of this Intel?" Kenneth asked.

Royal Nicholas sighed, nodding his head. "Yes I am sure. The Hunters you spotted have not been to a checkpoint. An inside source tells me that these Hunters have recently discovered how to mask their tattoos. The Hunters you saw were on their way back before killed. "

Kenneth frowned along with half the Alpha's in the room. We all obviously heard the same thing and it confused us; inside source...

"How do you believe they were able to mask their tattoos?" Sheryl asked curiously.

"Obviously because they have outsmarted us." Harry scoffed at Sheryl.

I saw Sheryl's jaws clench slightly while her mate growled at Harry. Although the two didn't fight physically in front of the Royal's it didn't mean they didn't taunt each other every now or then. I saw Royal Nicholas sigh while shaking his head. He could have easily demanded the two to stop fighting but evidently he knew they both needed to blow of some steam.

"Maybe if some of us weren't so foolish, they wouldn't have outsmarted us." Sheryl said in a calm voice, though her bright eyes told us she was anything but.

Harry clenched his hands together, his eyes shining amber. "What are you exactly trying to imply Alpha Mist."  He said, practically spitting out the word 'Alpha'.

"I'm saying," Sheryl swiftly stood to her feet, "—that you should learn to control yourself. You look like a fool Harry, becoming so petrified of this information. The Witches have been on our side for centuries, surely they would know what to do."

Harry laughed humorlessly, "The Witches," he chuckled, turning his gaze to Meredith. "—what will you do?" He asked in a tone that made me want to snap his neck.

I help back my anger and grabbed Meredith's hand under the table. When she didn't fight back or refuse me, I felt my anger recede.

Meredith raised an eyebrow at Harry but said nothing. Her silence only caused Harry to become angrier.

"Well!" He snapped at her.

"Silence Harry!" I growled, no longer trying to hide my anger.

Harry snarled at me, his own Wolf practically clawing to be free. His anger only caused Zach to become furious as he stood and growled at Harry. Immediately Harry Beta growled back at Zach. All four of us stared each other down, Harry and I while both our Beta's waited for a signal.

I felt someone lightly grab my arm and try to pull me down. From how my Wolf calmed from the touch I knew it was Meredith however I was still furious with Harry. Not only did he dare growl at me but he snapped at Meredith. To me, that was unforgivable.

"Enough!" Royal Nicholas' voice boomed, his Royal power omitted into his words.

All our growling ceased and we bowed our heads in submission. I felt slight shame form in my stomach for fighting in front of the Royal but I couldn't control it. The anger I felt was like no other.

"Sit." Royal Nicholas ordered.

Immediately we sat down but not before Harry and I sent each other one last glare.

Royal Nicholas sighed, "Well Meredith," He began in a much kinder tone than Harry used, "does Lady Rosaline have anything planned for this?" He asked.

Meredith simply shrugged, letting go of my arm only to hold my hand. "How would I know. I have not attended a gathering in centuries."

"Is there anything you are useful for?" Harry muttered though he said it loud enough that everyone could hear.

The minute my brain processed his words, I snapped. I growled at him and leaped forward, completely content on punching Harry in the face only to be stopped by Zach, Benedict and Royal Antonio.

I could have pushed back both Benedict and Zach but because of Royal Antonio I had to stop. His hand was on my chest as he pushed me back, just his power alone proved that he was most definitely a Royal blood.

Meredith gripped my hand tighter, telling me that I needed to calm down. I knew I did, I knew Harry was simply taunting me but I was falling for it. It aggravated me that he would say things about someone else's mate.

'You need to calm down Andrew!' I heard Royal Nicholas' voice say through his mind link with everybody.

I glared at Harry and saw him smirk slightly. It was obviously his plan to rile me up though I had absolutely no idea why, he didn't have any reason to go against me.

Suddenly Harry chocked. He grabbed his throat coughing and gasping desperate for breath though we had no reason why. I glanced at Meredith and saw her whispering something under her breath. I felt my eyes widen when Harry's mouth suddenly closed.

"Watch your tongue Alpha Stone, you don't know when it might simply... pop right off." Meredith smirked.

Harry's eyes widened and I saw the panic in them. He looked at me desperately. Before I could say anything to Meredith he opened his mouth and started to inhale deeply.

His Beta, who looked completely frantic and furious, glared at Meredith and growled, only to be stopped by one of Royal Nicholas' guards.

"If the two of you continue to argue you BOTH will be banned from a convene!" Royal Nicholas snarled at us, his bright red eyes glaring.

I took a deep breath and struggled to control my raging Wolf. It wasn't until I felt Meredith's hand squeeze my own did I feel my Wolf settle slightly.

I gave her a thankful look and sat down. "Forgive me Royal Nicholas." I bowed my head.

He simply nodded and waiting for Harry to do that same. I expected Harry to bow and submit to Royal Nicholas. Everyone in the room expected nothing more. I was more than shocked when Harry simply growled and pointed his extracted claws at Meredith.

"It's your fault you know, everything is the Witches fault. If they didn't get caught into the trials none of us would have been discovered. Werewolves would have been able to live in peace, Fairies wouldn't have to hide out in another land, Angel's wouldn't have to stay hidden in the heavens, Demons wouldn't be called upon by the humans. Everything is their fault!" He growled.

Meredith chuckled at his words as I struggled to keep my Wolf at bay.

"Werewolves," Meredith shook her head amused, "always blaming others for their mistakes."

Harry became angry at Meredith's words. I saw his Beta looking between the two of them confused, obviously not knowing what to do. I had to admit I was worried about Harry's outburst, even he had much more control than this most of the time.

"At least I am no disgrace to my kind." Harry snarled at her.

Meredith's amusement vanished and seconds later she was glaring at Harry. I'd never seen Meredith look so angry in my time with her. I was glad she'd never looked at me with those cold eyes because I was pretty sure Meredith's looks could kill.

Before any more drama could unfold, Harry was roughly grabbed under both arms and hauled out of the room by Royal Nicholas' guards. His Beta, obviously shocked by his Alpha's outburst, followed after him in confusion. He looked around the room hesitantly before swiftly walking out of the room.

The two metal doors closed before we could hear or see anymore. Royal Nicholas shook his head sighing and Meredith's grip on my hand tightened. I saw her jaws clench and her lips pursed. I squeezed back, hoping to lighten her mood. When nothing happened I felt disappointed in myself.

"Forgive me Meredith, I don't know what happened with him." Royal Nicholas apologized.

Meredith simply huffed through her nose, continuing to glare at where Harry previously was. When I glanced back at his seat I gasped at what I saw. Harry's' previously occupied chair was melted with steam coming out of it. Both the seat and the desk area around it where gone, leaving a gaping hole.

I saw Sheryl raise her eyebrow at me, her eyes slightly panicked. I could understand why. Sheryl's hand was simply inches away from where Meredith had burned Harry's spot. If she would have lost control with her magic even the slightest Sheryl would have been injured.

I shook my head of those thoughts. Of course Meredith wouldn't lose control. She was -after all- my mate.

~~

The rest of the meeting past in a blur. Meredith continued to glare at the spot she burned while Royal Nicholas informed us to take major precautions. He warned not to kill anyone with a tattoo but to be wary of them. After all, we don't know who's a Hunter or human.

We concluded the meeting after a couple more bits of information, some about other supernatural's but most about the Hunters. We were told not to make any sudden movements until you are 100% sure they are Hunters.

I sighed once the meeting was over, stretching my tense muscles. At some point in the meeting Meredith let go of my hand. I couldn't have been more disappointed but I didn't complain, I never did.

The other leaders got up from their seats and went to great Royal Nicholas. I was waiting for the people to lessen so that I could go up to him myself. Considering Meredith wasn't moving most likely meant she was thinking the same thing.

"It's a shame that we must part ways now Meredith." Sheryl came up with her mate.

Meredith snapped out of her little daze and looked at Sheryl. "I can understand why you hate the Stone's now. True nuisances."  

Sheryl smirked at Meredith tilting her head to the side. "We shall most definitely meet again."

Meredith grinned back, nodding her head in agreement. I raised an eyebrow at these two. It amazed me how much they've become friends.

Sheryl left with her mate and Beta standing protectively next to her. With Harry's strange moods, no one knew what else he would do.

"I'm glad you haven't left yet, I wanted to catch up." I heard Royal Nicholas say from my side.

I immediately stood and straightened my back, smiling politely at him. "Yes sir."

Royal Nicholas chuckled, "Always a gentleman Andrew." He turned to Meredith, "You've caused a racket Meredith though I must say I'm not surprised." Instead of looking angry he looked amused at her which I was more than thankful for.

Meredith smiled sarcastically at Royal Nicholas, "If you don't know how to tame your dogs, I would gladly be willing to tame them for you." She told him.

Royal Nicholas shook his head, an apologetic look on his face. "I'm sorry Meredith, I had no idea what was wrong with Harry. He's usually much calmer than that. The news must have really frightened him." He smiled sadly.

Meredith scoffed, "Obviously, teach your dogs some manners will you. You're their master, treat them as if they were your bi-"

"So Andrew," Royal Nicholas cut Meredith, "—will you be returning with Meredith?" He asked.

From my peripheral vision, I saw her roll her eyes. I smiled at Royal Nicholas.

"Yes sir I shall. She is my mate." I smiled nervously.

He grinned, "I'm glad you've found her. I can still remember what my father told me about the last reincarnation." He said, shaking his head with a distant expression.

I saw Meredith turn her head, masking her expression as I hid my own. I kept my face blank and emotionless. I didn't need to be reminded of how the last one suffered. I was barely able to contain myself of depression.

"Anyways, you should be on your way. Do be safe Andrew. The Hunters are after Meredith after all; they wouldn't mind killing a strong Alpha in the process." Royal Nicholas told me sternly.

I nodded my head stiffly. "Yes, I understand sir." I replied seriously.

We said our goodbyes quickly to the other Alpha's and Beta's and walked out into the forest. It was much more empty compared to when we first arrived. Some guards were already gone and others were slowly stepping out into the clearing.

I caught my pack members slowly coming out from behind the trees. Once they caught sight of us, they quickly stood by our sides.

"Sir, the bags are all packed and ready to go. We can leave immediately if you would like."  One of them informed me.

I stopped us all on our tracks and looked down towards Meredith who was staring straight ahead with a bored expression.

"What would you like to do?" I asked her in a calm voice.

She sighed looking bored, "I'm tired. I wish to go back. Perhaps we could stop by a fast food along the way?" She asked, glancing up at me.

I looked at the rest of my men and raised an eyebrow. When they nodded their heads in agreement we set off to our cars.

We quickly grabbed some fast food to-go and drove to the spot where we would portal back. It was a bit of a distance because the food was in town, I was simply thankful that the place was still open this late.

It was well past midnight and I could tell even some of my guards were tired though they didn't show it. Meredith was lazily leaning her head against the window, her eyes slowly drifting shut every now and then.

It would take at least 2 hours before we arrived at the portal and then Meredith would have to activate it. Although I was tired, the caffeine I drank earlier was helping me sustain the energy I needed to continue to drive.

It was a peaceful night, the stars out shining and the moon peering down on us in the sky. I had my window slightly open and the wind night was truly beautiful.

It was because of that, that I let my guard down. And it was because of that, the Hunters knew to strike.

I heard the gun shot before I felt it penetrate my car tire. The bullet hit the car tire and I lost control of. I heard another shot go out and saw the man who was driving in Zach's car head snap to the right. Zach instantly tried to grab the steering wheel but it was no use. The front of his car smashed into the back of mine and together we reared off the road and into the forest night.

We fell down a hill, passing trees in a blur. Coming close I saw a large tree right in front of us. I was just about to grab Meredith and Val and jump out of the car when Meredith's hand suddenly slammed on the dashboard. She closed her eyes so tight it looked almost painful. Her jaws clench and through her gritted teeth she whispered words in Latin.

Meredith's eyes snapped open but her forehead was creased with the effort. I was just about to demand she stop when suddenly both cars started steering. The car swerved away from the tree and swiftly turned away from another one.

We continued at this for about 5 minutes before the car jumped, or leaped in the air was more appropriate. I heard shouts from behind but I didn't dare look. Instead I cast my worried eyes towards Meredith who was lightly sweating. I didn't know how powerful this spell was. I was almost certain that if it was just her and me she would be able to stop it instantly. But 6 men in the car behind along with us was most likely difficult.

We landed roughly on solid ground, the cars coming to a complete halt. The engine cut off and Meredith in took a huge breath, looking so tired and worn out.

I unbuckled my seat belt and swiftly kicked my car door open. I sprinted towards the passenger door and ripped it open without hesitation. I gently grabbed Meredith bridal style and set her upright on a nearby tree. Her breath was coming out in short pants and her eyelids looked heavy.

 "Is Luna okay sir?" A guard asked.

"Is she feeling well Alpha?"  Another guard asked me.

"How is she Andrew?" Zach asked.

All their voices were filled with genuine concern but I ignored them.

I lightly put my hand on her cheek, my heart hammering in my chest. Meredith was still breathing heavily and she looked slightly pale. I didn't know whether the spell was actually that powerful or if it was something else.

She opened her eyelids -which look like it took more effort than it should have- and looked at me. Her eyes were almost glazed over as though she were drunk but I knew she wasn't. Just like me, she drank a coffee in the car.

Suddenly her eye focused on something behind me. When I heard Val start to hiss uncontrollably I knew who it was.

I heard the click of their guns and the crunching of their boots grassy floor. They weren't hiding anymore. Slowly I turned around, my eyes shining a bright amber as my Wolf struggled to rip their throats out.

One by one started coming out of the darkness, most of their faces covered while others were staring at us with disgust and anger. There were a lot more than I imagined there were. More than 50 from my counting.

In any normal circumstance I would have had all my guards kill them without hesitation but this time was different and they knew it. We had Meredith and she was obviously in no state to move. We all circled around me in a protective way, some of my members growling and others preparing to shift but I was thinking of only one thing.

They would pay for hurting my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the new chapter :)! 

Song: Trapt - Headstrong

Any song recs, questions, comments post bellow :)

Comment and vote if you'd like! Thanks to all the new readers and fans :D! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 557 42
[FINISHED] ____________________________________ Whenever a bad thing occurs, someone would always say "Look at the bright side!" or "Look at the silv...
78 16 12
Avery had fallen from heaven sometime in the 13th century, finding refuge among a wolf in sheep's clothing. Cared for by a cult leader, Avery remains...
326K 6.1K 41
WARNING: This novel contains some mature content. -------------------------------------- "You're a virgin?" He teased. "Yeah..."...
89 27 7
Life is an enigmatic journey, filled with twists and turns, but one thing remains certain - its inevitable end. Andrew Anderson, a brilliant young ge...