The Junior Detective (Detroit...

By ASE715

(Y/n) Anderson is a nine year old kid who works alongside her father, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, to solve case... More

Chapter 1: Homicide
Chapter 2: Interrogation
Chapter 3: More Than a Machine
Chapter 4: Oh my god he's asking for a funeral
Chapter 6: The Nest
Chapter 7: Jericho
Chapter 8: Rupert
Chapter 9: Russian Roulette
Chapter 10: Spare Parts
Chapter 11: The Bridge
Chapter 12: The Stratford Tower
Chapter 13: Public Enemy
Chapter 14: Nightmares
Chapter 15: Meet Kamski
Chapter 16: Last Chance, Connor
Chapter 17: Seeing Double
Chapter 18: We Did It
Chapter 19: Another Case
Chapter 20: Christmas
Chapter 21: Welcome to Los Angeles
Chapter 22: So Much For a Vacation
Chapter 23: Hello, Mr. Sniper
Chapter 24: Another Fucking Crime Scene
Chapter 25: Career Day
Chapter 26: The One Where the Killer Gets Away
Chapter 27: The Which One Is Cole Game
Chapter 28: Shall We Play A Game?
Chapter 29: The Day for Sickness
Chapter 30: Bored
Chapter 31: Poker Face
Chapter 32: The Plan Goes To Shit
Chapter 33: I Need A Hero
Chapter 34: Together

Chapter 5: Friend

2.8K 102 170
By ASE715

Connor's POV

"You might want to talk to (Y/n)," Hank tells me as I sit down to do my work the next day.

"Why so, Lieutenant?" I ask.

"Didn't you notice that she was in a bad mood after you chased those deviants yesterday?"

"Yes, but I decided not to say anything."

Hank shakes his head. "Look, when girls give you the cold shoulder they really just want to talk... or sometimes they get mad and lash out on you if you try to speak to them." Hank shrugs.

"Which one does (Y/n) do?" I ask.

"Both. It depends on how mad she is at you." Hank says. "Regardless, you should still talk to her."

I nod. "Where is she?"

"She's at school right now," Hank says and then throws his car keys at me. "It takes 20 minutes to get there from here. Her school's over in 30 minutes so get a move on."

I nod and then leave after Hank tells me where the school is. I pull up in front of the school and wait. After about 15 minutes I see (Y/n) walking out with two boys on either side of her. She's holding the straps to her backpack tightly as the boys smile and laugh while (Y/n) looks unamused. The boy on her left suddenly trips (Y/n) and she falls to the ground. I feel my blood boil and I clench my fist. I get out of the car and slam the door shut.

"What you gonna do about it? Freak!" One of the boys yell and mash his index and middle finger against her head.

"Hey!" I yell, catching their attention. "Leave her alone!"

The other boy snickers. "So now you got your plastic pet saving your ass?" The boy mocks her. He then turns to me. "Mind your own business you fucking piece of plastic." I stand in front of (Y/n). "Did you hear me, you piece of shit?! Mind your own business!"

"I'm sorry, but I only take orders from (Y/n) and Lieutenant Anderson," I tell him.

"That's it!" He growls and punches me in the stomach. I hold my stomach and collapse to the ground.

"Leave him alone!" (Y/n) yells and gets up, punching one of the boys in his nose. She turns to the other boy and kicks him in the stomach

The one she punched in the nose gets up as he holds his nose. Blood seeps through his fingers. "This isn't over, bitch." He growls and I tense up.

The two boys run away and (Y/n) turns to me. "Are you okay?" She asks. I nod. "It didn't look like it. You practically collapsed."

"I'm fine, (Y/n). Androids don't feel pain." I reassure her as I stand up and fix my tie and straighten my jacket.

"Why are you here?" She asks.

"To pick you up from school, of course."

She nods and then walks to the car. I stare after her and tilt my head. 'Okay... maybe she's still mad at me.'

I walk back to the car and get into the driver seat. I start the car and drive off. (Y/n) stares out the car window and it is silent for the first five minutes of the ride. The silence is seriously killing me right now!

"(Y/n) I'm sorry for my actions yesterday. My intention wasn't to make you mad. I was just trying to accomplish my mission."

"Aww look, CyberLife even gave you a brown-nosing apology program." She smirks.

(Y/n) ↑

'I'm doing good. I just got to keep this up.'

"Those boys..." I start. "Do they always bother you?"

She sighs. "Yeah. They always make fun of me because they think since they're two grade levels higher than me that they can walk all over me."

I clench my teeth together. '(Y/n) gets bullied in school.'

"They think I'm weird because I'm always watching forensic files on past cases."

"Does the Lieutenant know you're being bullied?"

"No. If I tell him he'll just talk to them which would make things worse." She shrugs. "I can handle myself though. Thank you for sticking up for me back there."

(Y/n) ↑

"Can I ask you a personal question, (Y/n)?"

"What's up with you and personal questions?" She asks and shakes her head. "Go ahead."

"Who was that boy in your sketch yesterday?" I ask.

"Nobody." She answers quickly and then looks out the window.

My eyebrows scrunch in confusion. "Is he your friend?"

"He was." She mumbles and then sighs. "I don't really have friends. Nobody wants to hang out with me."

'I want to hang out with you. I want to be the one to make you smile and protect you.'

"If it makes you happy... I'll be your friend." I tell her with a smile.

She looks at me in the rearview mirror. "Really?" She asks with a small smile on her face. I nod at her and her smile turns into a wide grin.

(Y/n) ↑

Friend

"Connor."

"Yes?"

"Can we get ice cream? I don't want to go to the police station just yet." She tells me.

"Sure."

I search for the nearest ice cream place and go there. I order (Y/n) (favorite ice cream) in a cone and we walk to a park nearby and sit on one of the benches.

"You sure you don't want to eat inside? It's pretty cold out here." I tell her.

She shakes her head. "It's fine." She says.

We sit in a comfortable silence as (Y/n) licks her ice cream. She then turns to me.

"Connor have you ever had ice cream?" She asks me.

"No. Androids don't need to eat," I inform her.

"But you can taste it, right? Like you did with the blood."

I think about what she says. "I guess you're right."

She holds the ice cream out. "Try it."

I look at the substance and then back at her. "I don't know," I say unsurely.

"Come on!"

I open my mouth to protest again but she shoves the ice cream in my face. She giggles as she removes it and there's ice cream all over my nose and mouth. I lick my lips and my eyes light up.

"This is really good."

"I know. That's why it's my favorite." She takes another lick of her ice cream while I take the ice cream off my face.

"(Y/n). Yesterday when we were in that abandoned house..." I start and she looks up at me. "You came down the stairs and you looked pale. I asked you if you were alright and you said yes... but that was a lie. What did you see up there?"

(Y/n) sighs. "I'm just glad you didn't say anything then because I have no idea how Ralph would've reacted if I said this yesterday." She says and I tilt my head, waiting for her to continue. "I found a body in the bathroom. It was in the tub. Their throat was slit. It just surprised me so I fell back and hit the sink. That's what you heard yesterday."

I nod and we sit in silence once again. When she finishes we both stand and she throws her trash away. She looks up at me and smiles and then taps my leg.

"Tag, you're it." She giggles and then runs away.

I tilt my head, wondering what she wants me to do. 'Tag?'

"You can't catch me, nana-nana-boo-boo!" She taunts and sticks her tongue out at me.

'Oh, she wants me to chase her.'

I start running after her and she squeals as she turns the opposite way and runs.

"I'm gonna get you!"

(Y/n) turns around and starts running towards me and just as I thought I had her, she went running in between my legs. I bend down and look in between my legs to see an upside-down (Y/n) sticking her tongue out at me before she runs away. I stand up straight and run after her. She moves from side to side to make it harder for me to get her, but once I'm close enough I wrap my arms around her tiny waist and pick her up. She squeals in delight in my arms as I spin her around.

"I got you! I got you!"

(Y/n) laughs and I find myself laughing with her. I turn her around in my arms so she can face me. I pull her close and she wraps her arms around my neck and her legs around my torso. She lays her head on my shoulder and holds me tight. I smile and close my eyes and hold her tight, not caring about all the glares we're getting from other people.

*Software Instability ↑*

She snuggles into the crook of my neck and I open my eyes. "You ready to go to the station?" I ask. She doesn't say anything but nods.

I walk us back to the car and put her in the back seat and fasten her seatbelt. I look at her to see she's already fast asleep and I smile. I climb into the driver's seat and take off to the precinct. When I get there I carefully pick (Y/n) up and carry her inside to Lieutenant Anderson's desk.

Hank looks up when he hears me approach. "There you are! Where the fuck have you two been?!"

"Shhh," I warn Hank and gesture to the sleeping (Y/n) in my arms. He relaxes but is still waiting for an explanation. "She didn't want to come to the station just yet so we went to get ice cream and then we played tag in the park."

Hank nods and then smiles. "Well we're gonna have to wake up Sleeping Beauty soon if she wants to eat lunch."

I tilt my head. "She just finished school. Don't they serve lunch there?"

"Yeah, but all she does is eat. I still don't understand how she's not fat." Hank says with a shake of his head. "Anyway let's go."

I nod and follow Hank out to his car, giving him his keys so he can drive. I place (Y/n) in the backseat and climb into the passenger seat before Hank drives off.

—ASE715

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.4K 17
Y/n Anderson, the daughter of the famous Lieutenant Hank Anderson. Take a plot twisting adventure with Y/n and Hank, maybe a certain android will joi...
1.7K 137 23
Reader is the adult daughter of Lieutenant Hank Anderson. She gets a call one afternoon from her father that's just strange enough to prompt a visit...
12K 409 18
You're Detective Y/N Anderson, your father Lieutenant Hank Anderson hates Androids. That's until Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife walks into you...
72.4K 4.8K 200
You're Detective Y/N L/N, you worked through the revolution with Lieutenant Hank Anderson and Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife. After winning t...