Breathing Blues

By ShatakshiVashishtha

Ranking: #1 in bluefamily #1 in darshaners As of 25/07/20 Tara decides to carry on a stupid mistake because... More

Oh My God, He Thinks I'm A Callgirl!
I Shouldn't Have Done This
Get Your Shit Together
What A Morning!
Let's Keep It Buissnes
He'd Never Be Able To See Me
Life Surprises You
I Came To Check Up On You
This Shouldn't Have Happened
Twenties Are A Piece Of Shit
You Think I'm Horny?
Average One!
It's HIM
You Remembered?
Whatever's REAL Is EXHAUSTING
Write Bad Writeups
Hoping For The Best!
Next Topic - You
Cooler Lifestyle And Fashion Sense
I Wish I Stay The Same
It's Also The Right Word To Use
I Encourage You Not To Die
Happy 26 Raval!
- Tara
Ciao
Ow!
A Lot Of Mess
End Of It
Mistakes Maybe?
Life And Death
Home
Think Less
Viola!
Just Like That
Love, Time, Shadi
Blue Color
New Day, New Life
Cooler People
The World Is Beautiful
Things Move
Live By That
We Don't Die Today
He Makes Me Feel What The Sky Does
Graduation
Go
We Knew
Didn't Made Sense
50/50
I'll Wait For You
Can I Unexist?
Don't Do Anything Stupid
You're Fucked
Contentment
Here We Go!
Change Of Plans
Bye Bye Haridwar
Asshole!!!
At The Time
Happy One Year
!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!

But Jerk

612 56 34
By ShatakshiVashishtha

26 -

I couldn't always think straight and my life was twisted like my mind. It makes sense though, I didn't think too much about one thing and the decisions led me to consequences.

The simpler the mind, the simpler the life.

Good observation.

I walked out of the exam hall. I just gave my physchology exam and it went well.

I'll pass...hopefully.

If I don't papa will eat me. If I do he'll eat me anyway but I should be served with good marks at least.

My phone buzzed and I casted a look at it.

Aishwarya: OH MY...WE'RE TOTALLY GOING HERE!!!

Chintan: I'm out, won't go. This is ridiculous

Karan: seriously aish? To hell with you

Akash: I'm in, I'm totally up!

As I looked at the picture she'd sent us...what? It was a pass of Darshan's concert. Wow!

Me: 🙄

I switched the screen shut.

Speaking of Darshan he did call me a couple of times, a lot of times but I was too busy, for real.

I'd the physchology exam so I was literally high on notes and the short film was already in making. It needed a lot of time and all my time went there.

If I'm honest with myself, I couldn't quite understand what he wanted. I got the part that we're horny people wanting one another and all that but I wondered what about him?

He'd quite the reputation and he was rebelling against it.

He'd a girlfriend. A career to take care of and a fake public image to maintain in my opinion but what about me and him?

I certainly didn't wanted any strings attached because even if I did I'd be the one shedding tears and drinking neat vodka. He won't leave her, not for me, not for anyone and she's not certainly the types who is going to break up with him because he was screwing around.

So this was messed up.

It was also strange that he or I didn't feel awkward about it. We made love and we were pretty normal. There wasn't awkward sightings and loss of words. It was like nothing changed even if our feelings did.

Mine was definitely lust. I'd be lying if I say he was just another guy you can find anywhere. Of course looks and identity mattered but I couldn't understand what he felt towards me and if I say the truth I didn't wanted to know.

It'll just mess it up more which I wouldn't be able to handle as I already have enough on my plate to figure out.

I waited for my uber driver. Just because I decided to take an uber today how can the driver find me in just few seconds?

That's impossible.

I waited trying to be patient but I was growing more irritated and restless every second.

I've to go check up on Darshan, see if he's not that mad then shoot the evening and night scenes, write the summary and edit. Also, clean the place I live in. It has started smelling.

As an uber passed by, slowly, looking here and there; I approached it.

"786784", I told him my pin and the driver nodded. I quickly opened the door and got in.

I typed a text to Darshan: at your house?

It took five minutes for him to reply. It was a normal message for god's sake not even an WhatsApp.

Darshan: hmm, super busy! Why?

Me: nothing much

Darshan: ok

Who writes okay like that? Phsycopath.

Another message followed the first.

Darshan: okay*

The first one was also right anyway. I shoved my phone inside my bag taking out the book I recently bought. The Alchemist.

I'd never read it just heard that it's a masterpiece. I flipped the book open, scanning the pages and aknowlegements.

*

I was here at last, at his house as I rang the bell. If he doesn't politely accept my sorry I'm going to strangle him.

I literally stopped in the middle of the way to get him a sorry pastry and it wouldn't be acceptable if he denies these.

Forget the looks, they even smell tastier and I could feel the saliva in my mouth, as I gulped. It not for you, Vaid.

I pressed the doorbell again.

"Can't you wait?", Hardik opened the door.

"Hi dick...Hardik?", I pushed a smile.

"I do not like you", he shook his head, in disappointment.

"Who asked for your opinion? Um, not me", I pushed him aside to walk in.

"Tara...Tara...", Hardik came behind me.

"Where's he?", I asked him.

"He's busy", he answered.

I sat down on the sofa beside Dhruwal, "What's he busy in exactly?"

"He's working with Sid and others inside. He doesn't have time for your shit you know. He's not in college, you're", Hardik said.

He's always mean to me.

"I can work with Sid and others inside, too. They'll have a nice time but you won't be allowed", I told him keeping the pastry box on the centre table. "Remind me, why is he so annoying to me?", I asked Dhruwal, who was on his phone, he smiled without looking at me.

"He's like that!", Dhruwal exclaimed.

"When will he be free dick?", I eyed him.

"Don't give me that look! I have no idea", Hardik protested.

"You come home and Hardik starts fighting with you. What's this behaviour you two?", Jyugal mocked.

"It's not even my fault. He comes at me", I said, taking off my shoes.

"I come at you?", Hardik came in front of me dramatically. "You are capable of eating a person and not leaving any trace", he added, sitting down in between Jyugal and Rudra.

"You mean I'm into cannibalism?", I smirked and it irritated him more. "Well, I like to prey on thin people...like very thin. Dhruwal, who's thin here?", I asked, playfully.

"Well, he sits in front of you ma'am", Dhruwal played along.

Dhruwal was always on my side no matter what. True friend.

"Fuckers!", Hardik snickered and all of us chuckled looking at him.

I was talking with them and waiting and watching TV at the same time, waiting for Darshan to get free so I could dump my pastries and apologies onto him and get going.

"But do share the link of your movie whenever it's done, cool?", he said and I nodded.

"I'll, but I don't know if it'll be upto your expectations!", I pressed my lips.

"We all learnt here, you'll learn too", he patted my shoulder and I smiled at him, changing channels.

"Whenever she's here, she grabs the remote as if she doesn't have a television", Hardik commented.

"I do not have a television, Hardik", I told him. "I live in a small house. The size of your two rooms is my whole house. I'm a student, not Ambani for god's sake", I rolled my eyes.

"Eh, a small town girl trying to fit in?", Hardik scoffed.

"Does Delhi feels like a small town to you geography expert?", I looked at him and he snorted. "But sometimes you're born in a small town and you're not satisfied with what you've thus fetish", I looked at him.

"What are you?", Rudra asked.

"Regular, lower middle class. My dad worked through the years...got a promotion then upper middle class. Though I do have rich friends around but that doesn't make me rich or make me forget where I come from. It shouldn't make you forget as well", I turned up the volume. "I'm not your physchologist jerks. Let me watch this, shush now", I looked on the TV as Bear Grylls went on another adventure and Rudra threw a cushion at me.

"I'm noting and counting, who's doing what", I mummerd and he threw another one at me. This time I caught it.

"You don't have more on that sofa, do you?", I threw it back at him.

"Guys, I'm working", Dhruwal said loudly.

"You're texting", we all apparently said together.

As the show progressed and we all indulged in it because you can't ignore man vs wild to be honest.

"He literally eats all that", Rudra made an eww face and I looked on.

"For money", I added, puking in my head.

"And popularity", Jyugal added, looking in.

"What popularity?", I heard Darshan and a smile slipped my lips.

"Why do you think when someone mentions popularity the spear is upon you?", I said, skidding my head up and he pushed a big smile at me.

"Hey you!", he came forward. "So, free huh?", he sarcastically sat down on the sofa side, above me.

"Apologies", I bent forward, picking the box of pastries and gave it.

"I thought you'd write me another letter", he said and I could feel the smirk in his voice.

I looked straight at the television as the advertisements telecasted.

"The letters do a great deal to you. I have seen it so I thought lets opt for something more less...intimate", I said without looking at him.

He cleared his throat, "So, where were you all these days?"

"Working, exams, studying, repeat", I said. "And you're busy right now?", I asked him.

"Almost done, it'll take me 45 minutes something to wrap up. Are you staying that while?", Darshan questioned.

I had a fucking checklist to cross, I swear.

"Do you want me to stay?", I looked at him.

"Maybe, maybe not", Darshan went along with whatever we were doing.

"I'll have to go though. I've a to-do to cross. It's fucking frustrating", I fretted.

"Go then, I'll see you soon", he flashed a smile at me.

Um, uh.

Okay, he looks superbly fresh for some reason.

"I'll leave then", I looked at my phone once before bending down, to tie my shoes.

"You should come sometime so that we can watch a movie or something together", Jyugal suggested and I nodded vigorously.

"Weekend boys, weekend", I winked at him and he shook his head right and left, smiling. My phone beeped insanely.

I pushed myself up and held my phone looking at the group chat.

Chintan: BITCH. BITCH. BITCH.

Chintan: WHERE ARE YOU?

Me: I'm coming guys.

Neil: I'll be there in 30.

Me: 45 most max

Karan: me and Aish almost there

I looked away from my phone and Darshan was tying my shoelaces. I couldn't stop, okay that was cute.

"Done", he got up, rubbing his hands together. "Now out and about", he said gesturing me to technically get lost.

"I'm going to use the washroom first", I walked upto there and after peeing and staring at myself in the mirror for five minutes wondering if I've changed a little or a lot I stepped out.

"Adios boys", I said as I picked my bag up from the dining table, and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"Bye", I heard faintly as I checked my inbox.

Amazon. Netflix. Flexjobs. Quora. More Quora.

I felt a push and there I was pinned to the wall, my phone slipping from my grip.

"Hi", Darshan smiled, softly in my face.

I looked to the right, trying to get a sight to the living room as he held me in the lobby towards the door.

"What are you doing?", I whispered.

"Confronting you", he whispered back.

"What is it that you want again?", I asked him, truing to keep a straight face.

"Nothing much", he left me and I pulled my top removing the lines. "I wanted to say bye to you", he leaned in. "Bye", he whispered, his lips brushing mine and then we walked out, winking at me.

I just looked on until he disappeared inside.

Jerk. Hot jerk. Flirty jerk. But jerk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 294 18
Imagine your life with darshan raval as a Mafia Boss. ------------ Highest Ranking #1 in short story on 11/01/2024...
19.6K 2.7K 56
What if one day you wake up and find out that the world you live in does not have the person who matter the most? What will happen when you can't fin...
280 18 4
She is innocent, but he is mature. She is feisty, but he is calm. She throws tantrums, but he works with patience. She is immature, but he is unders...
11.9K 748 36
Lily has an ambition of doing higher studies in a college of best university, but has to marry at a very young age. Darshan who's marriage gets broke...