Look Up to The Stars (RWBY x...

بواسطة HearthFallow

What happens if a broken and abused Schnee discovers that she holds the power of the most powerful beings of... المزيد

Prologue
Volume 1 Bio
Part 1: Shining Beacon
Part 2: Initiation
Team SSNW (Snow)
Part 3: Sisterly Bonds
Part 4: Dealing With Bullies
Part 5: Rage
Part 6: Team of Broken Orphans
Part 7: A Broken Fox
Chapter 8: A Terrifying Nightmare!
Chapter 9: A Cat, A Monkey, And A Fox! or Two?
Volume 2 Bio
Chapter 10: A Day To Remember
Chapter 11: A Fox Gets Flirty
Chapter 12: A Walk In The Park
Chapter 13: Hunted vs Hunter
Chapter 14: Unforgettable Night
Chapter 15: A Passionate Night (18+)
Chapter 16: A Fox Gets Kidnapped
Chapter 17: The Truth Of The Fox
Chapter 18: A Special Guest For The Festival
Volume 3 Bio
Team EMBR (Ember)
Announcement
Chapter 19: RWBY Meets The Arcane Foxes
1K Reads!!!
Chapter 20: Team JNPR Meets The Arcane Foxes
Chapter 21: Team CFVY Meets The Arcane Foxes
Chapter 22: Team SSNW Doubles Match
Chapter 23: Ember vs Yue
Chapter 24: Meeting An Old Friend
Chapter 25: The Fall of Beacon
Chapter 26: Death's Grasp
Chapter 27: Broken
Special Chapter: All You Can Eat Ice Cream
Clarence Walker Character Short
Angel Rune Character Short
Chapter 28: The Aftermath of The Fall.
Volume 4 Bio (Team _SNW)
Chapter 29: Team SSNW Aftermath
Part 30: Crashing a Party
Chapter 31: Healing
Chapter 32: Raider and Crow vs Scorpion
Chapter 34: Travels
Volume 5 Trailer
Volume 5 Bio (Team _SNW)
Chapter 35: Haven Academy
Chapter 36: Crash
Chapter 37: Recruitment Fail
Chapter 38: A Professor Returns
Chapter 39: A Not So Happy Family Reunion
Chapter 40: Memories
Chapter 41: Team RW_Y & _SNW
Small Talk (Not a chapter)
Chapter 42: Trap
Chapter 43: Battle of Haven
Chapter 44: Remembrance

Chapter 33: Story Time

145 5 0
بواسطة HearthFallow

Team RNJR and Qrow sat around a campfire. Qrow had just finished telling them about the maidens. Ryker was busy trying to make an antidote for Qrow's wound.

Qrow: Really, no questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just a lot to take in.

Qrow: Right, sure.

Ruby: So, these maidens. They are powerful fighters that don't need dust to used magic.

Qrow: Yep.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Always.

Ren: And whenever one of them dies... Their power transfers to someone, a female, that they care about?

Qrow: Yeah, whoever was in their thoughts last. Best to be it's someone who we can trust. Regardless, their souls become one. Combined, in a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do on Pyrrha. The night the tower fell.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. Her assailant, Cinder, managed to take some of her power. But not all of it. If we didn't do something, the rest would go to her.

Jaune: So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force her. Trust me kid, she wasn't even our first option.

Ruby: If it wasn't her... Then who was it?

Qrow: Try to guess.

Everyone pauses for a second to think of an answer until Ryker spoke up.

Ryker: *disoriented voice* Luna Schnee.

Qrow: Yeah. That's right.

The former students, except Ryker, were surprised to hear that Luna was the first candidate.

Nora: But why chose Pyrrha instead of her?

Qrow: Well, your white haired fox friend held a power equally powerful to the maidens. Maybe even more powerful than them.

Ryker: *disoriented voice* Her Zodiacs.

Qrow: Yeah. You seem to know so much about her.

Ryker stops what he was doing and sighs deeply. He removes his mask and his hood to reveal his face.

RNJR: Ryker Wells?!

Qrow: Well, I'll be. The famous Fallen Guardian is none other than a former member of Team SSNW. Who would've thought.

Ryker: Yeah well. I've changed. That old me is gone...

He wears his mask again but his voice changer was deactivated.

Ruby: Anyways... That guy, Tyrian. Why was he after me?

Qrow: Well, I did tell you that Silver Eyes are a rare trait. Not many people know about it. But those who do, aren't really happy and want to take you out. That's why I wanted to make sure that you're all okay.

Ruby: Well, why not just travel with us?

Jaune: He was using you as bait.

Qrow: It's not like that, it's complicated.

Jaune: What even is all of this?! Ruby is being hunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what?! Why won't you just tell us what's going on?!

Qrow: Sit down. You're stressing me out kid.

Jaune sits back down as Qrow stops from sipping his drink.

Qrow: Not many people are super religious these days. These world has been long enough that many people had started making their own gods. But according to Ozpin, two of them are actually really.

Qrow starts telling about the story about the Brothers gods, how Humanity came to be, and the four gifts of mankind. But Ryker couldn't get over one thing.

Ryker: Aren't the Zodiacs gods?

Ruby: When you mean her, you mean Salem.

Qrow: Yeah. Not much is known about her. But she's not important.

Ryker: Yet.

Qrow: Right... What's important is that she wants the relics and it's not going to end well once she gets them.

Jaune: Okay, so even if we believed all of this. Why hasn't anyone been told about it yet?!

Ryker: Because only a fool would believe it. And even if they did, it will only spread more panic. And then chaos.

Qrow: And soon after that, there'd be another Great War. And this time, you'd be fighting in it.

Ryker: And what about the Zodiacs? What about them?

Qrow: Well, not much is known about them either. All that was known is that they used to be the Guardians of the Stars. Everytime you look up, you can sometimes see them as a Constellation. But rumors had it that they were once people who lived her in Remnant and had done heroic deeds that made them earn a place on the stars.

Ryker: I see...

Qrow: Now before you start jumping to conclusions. The headmaster on Haven isn't dumb, he saw what happened to Beacon, he'll be on guard. Besides, it takes time to mobilize forces like that. Do you really think they planned out that attack on Beacon overnight?

Jaune turns away while Ryker grits his teeth. Ryker used to be a bandit, therefore he knows that a plan like that would take at least a few months at minimum.

Qrow: Look, I had the same questions, too. But Ozpin would always say that "We can't cause a panic." Heh, can't tell you how many times I've heard that. Salem's smart. She works from the shadows, using others to get what she wants, so that when it comes time to place the blame, we can only point at each other.

Ryker: She's trying to divide us and so far she's done a pretty damn good job.

Ruby: Alright, so what should we do?

Everyone, but Ryker, looks at Qrow.

Qrow: *chuckles* I don't really know.

Ryker: Me neither. But if there is a chance that Haven might be the next target, then that's our next stop.

Qrow: Yeah. And besides, Ozpin has put a lot of trust in the headmasters. Like I said, the schools are an important part of stopping Salem. Atlas is going to be on high alert after the last attack.

Ryker: And as for Vacuo, it'll be hard to hire thieves to fight against fellow thieves.

Qrow: Take that, add in the fact that Cinder and her crew claim to be from Haven, and I think it's likely the next target.

Qrow tries to stands, but places a hand on his wound.

Qrow: *groans* Alright, I think it's time you kids got some sleep.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow?

Qrow: Yeah?

Ruby stands up.

Ruby: This is a lot to take in, and it all sounds crazy, but... I'm willing to do whatever I can to help because I trust you. But why couldn't you trust me? Why couldn't you just travel with us, instead of this secrecy, and --

Qrow: Look, this has nothing to do with trust. I- It's a long story, okay?

Nora: Seriously? Now you're tired of telling us stories?

He sighs and sits back down.

Qrow: Did you know that crows are a sign of bad luck? Old superstition, but it's how I got my name. See, some people can absorb electricity and some people can burst into rose petals and some people are just born unlucky.

Ryker: Your semblance is passive, isn't it?

Qrow: Yeah, it isn't like most - it's not exactly something I do. It's always there, whether I like it or not. I bring misfortune. I guess you could call me a bad luck charm. Comes in real handy when I'm fighting an enemy, but it makes it a little hard on friends... *looks at Ruby* and family.

He stands up, still has a hand on his side.

Jaune: Well, you are just a real bundle of help, aren't you?

Ruby and Nora glare at Jaune.

Qrow: Yeah.

He walks away from the campfire, slowly.

Ren: Where are you going?

Qrow: Taking a walk.

Ruby: There's nothing else you want to tell us?

A raven lands on a tree branch with a quiet caw. Qrow looks at it, and it cocks its head, looking at him. Ryker sees this and narrows his eyes at the Raven before looking back at Qrow.

Qrow: Not tonight.

He slowly walk away, leaving the five teenagers to themselves for a bit. A flaming firewood rolls out of the campfire. Ruby watches Qrow, concerned. Ryker stands up, making the other four look at him.

Ren: Where are you going?

Ryker: *disoriented voice* Scouting. Besides, Grimm can still be around.

He walks away as the four look at each other before looking at where Ryker went. Unaware to them that he had found an Ursa and prepared to unleash his rage on it after knowing that Salem is the reason to why Cinder attacked Beacon.

*Meanwhile, Menagerie*

Kimberly: Why would your boss send us here?

Kelly: According to him, two of his friends could be here. Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong.

Kimberly: Well, there are some White Fang members hidden around the island.

Kelly: Do you know who they are...

Kimberly shakes her head much to Kelly's disappointment.

Kimberly: I've never been sent here so I don't know who they are.

Kelly: It's basically faunuses with those stupid Grimm masks.

Kimberly: *sighs sadly* yeah...

They see two shadows fly over them and then a blonde monkey faunus runs by them. The two look at each other before following but they lost track on where the monkey faunus went.

Kelly: Where'd he go?

Kimberly: Above us, maybe?

The two started looking for a way up when they heard a scream of pain, followed by a woman's voice.

???: Sun?!

Kimberly: *whispers* Sun?

Kelly: *whispers* Probably the same Sun that Ryker sent us here for.

???: Help! Someone please!

Kelly: Let's go.

The two reach the roof and see a black haired cat faunus with the same blonde monkey faunus from earlier.

Kimberly: I'm guessing he's Sun?

Kelly: Possibly.

They walk over to Blake who tries to draw her weapon at them but they raise their hands.

Kelly: Ryker Wells sent us kitty cat. Says that you might need help.

Blake lowers her guard a bit but she sees that the two were faunuses. Kelly slowly walks over to Sun and pulls out a vial with green liquid with the tape saying, "medicine." She applies it on a napkin and places it on Sun's wound.

Blake: How do you know Ryker..?

Kelly: He's my boss.

Blake raises and eyebrow at that.

Blake: *suspicious* What do you mean, "your boss?"

Kelly: He's not my owner or anything. He's the new leader of the Fallen Eye Bandits.

Blake's eyes went wide-eyed.

Kimberly: Let's get him to safety first.

They carry Sun back to the Belladonna household.

*Next Day, Anima*

Ruby wakes up and sees Ryker tending to Qrow's wound. The previous bandage was already purple, signifying that the poison was already taking effect. Qrow starts coughing and his hand had poison on it. Ruby gasps.

Qrow: *weakly* Well... That's unfortunate.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.7K 44 18
My first story, updates will be inconsistent with school but I will make quality content as often as possible. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth, I only...
32.6K 334 25
You were at home the next thing you know you have a portal to remnant. I don't own rwby it belongs to rooster teeth.
4.9K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...
2.4K 24 8
(I do not own RWBY or any of the images. RWBY is own by Rooster Teeth and all images belong to their rightful owners)