Remnant's Black Snow Hope [Un...

By CameronKiller535

Rwby Harem x Depressed Fem Reader Rights Belong To Roosterteeth More

Volume 1 Bio Updated
Harem
Chapter 1 Redux: Chilly Start
Chapter 2 Redux: Chance For Change
Chapter 3 Redux: Burdens
Chapter 4 Redux: The Initiation
Chapter 5 Redux: Chained Jester
Chapter 6 Redux: Faltering Wills
Chapter 7 Redux: Rise & Fall
Chapter 8 Redux: Useless
Chapter 9 Redux: Erased
Chapter 10 Redux: Last Act
Chapter 11 Redux: Comfort
Volume Two Bio Redux
Chapter 12 Redux: Fatal Chapter
Chapter 13 Redux: Food Fight!
Chapter 14 Redux: Schemes
Chapter 15 Redux: Night Out
Chapter 16 Redux: Iron Claws
Chapter 17 Redux: Affections
Chapter 18 Redux: Sharing
Chapter 19 Redux: Just Dance
Chapter 20 Redux: Setting Out
Chapter 21 Redux: Purpose
Chapter 22 Redux: Duty-bound
Chapter 23 Redux: Risking It All
Chapter 24 Redux: Inversion
Chapter 25 Redux: Intertwined
Chapter 26 Redux: Treatment
Chapter 27 Redux: Petaling Snow
Chapter 28 Redux: Sick Queen
Chapter 29 Redux: Radiant
Chapter 30 Redux: Lamenting Jester
Volume 3 Bio Redux
Chapter 32: New Territory
Chapter 33: Scorpions Tail
Chapter 34: Painful Answers
Chapter 35: Struggles
Chapter 36: Renewed Hope
Volume 5 Chapter 37: Changes
Volume 5 Bio
Chapter 38: Marching On
Chapter 39: Evolution
Chapter 40: Back Together
Chapter 41: Old Times
Chapter 42: Mercy
Chapter 43: Shattered Part 1
Chapter 44: Awakened Part 2
Chapter 45: Blade
Chapter 46: Fight Club
Volume 6 Bio
Chapter 47: Journey to Argus
Chapter 48: Immortal
Chapter 49: Hope Lost
Chapter 50: Apathy
Chapter 51: Argus
Chapter 52: Ruby's Resolve
Chapter 53: The Plan
Chapter 54: Bonds
Chapter 55: Leviathan
Chapter 56: Atlas
Volume 7 Rival Bio
Chapter 57: New Territory
Volume 7 Bio
Chapter 58: Elites
Chapter 59: Need to Improve
Chapter 60: Queen's Blade
Chapter 61: Empress vs Queen
Chapter 62: Panic
Chapter 63: Family Revelations
Chapter 65: Fear
The Plan
Chapter 66: Courage
Chapter 67 is out now
Chapter 67: War on Atlas
Volume 7 Ending Chapter 68: New Snow Fall
Epilogue: Black Snow At Peace
Chapter 70: Strange Yet Familiar
Author Route Volume 8 Bio
Volume 8 Karen and Akame Bio
Chapter 71: Feelings Of Pain
Chapter 72: Memories Hurt
Chapter 73: Little Moon
Chapter 74: Ayuki's Past
Team AASH (ASH)
Team EATH (EARTH)
Chapter 75: Queen's Trials
Sorry Once Again
Chapter 76: Memories Unraveling
Chapter 77: Secrets Revealed
Volume 8 End: Promise Between Empresses
Small Idea
Slice of Life Chapter 1: Video Game
SOL Chapter 2: Frozen Lemons 18+
SOL Chapter 3: Fear Of Belonging
SOL Chapter 4: Moon and Snow
Mother's Day

Chapter 64: Trust

927 24 1
By CameronKiller535

Y/N POV:

I make it to Mantle to see a bunch of Grimm attacking civilians as I land and take out my sword along with Yue.

I see a pack of Sabyrs going for a family of three as I decapitate half of the pack and create Ice spikes to finish off the others.

Y/N: (to the family) Evacuate this way!

They do as I say and get to the evacuation point.

Y/N: (That's one pack down)

Miyuki & Koyuki: (Tons more to go)

I continue to look for anymore civilians until I spot a Megoliath down the way as I run in front of hit.

Y/N: (Yue...)

Yue: (Ready!)

She changes to her Gauntlet form as I punch the Megoliath straight on it's trunk as the force of the blow causing it to explode into dust.

I see Civilians hiding behind some cover from the Grimm.

Y/N: Head to the nearest shelter!

I suddenly see White Flames swirl around me as a pack of Beowolves are burned to a crisp.

Karen: Glad to see we're not late to the party.

Y/N: (smiles) Yeah...

We continue to take down more Grimm and directing civilians to safety until I hear Robyn.

Robyn: Atlas, Mantle. I know you're scared. I'm here with General Ironwood, and we have a message for you.

I look up to see her and Ironwood on a screen with Robyn holding his left hand using her Semblance as it shows a green aura.

Robyn: What he has to say may sound unbelievable... but it is all true.

Ironwood: An ancient and terrible evil lies outside of our kingdom. It was responsible for the destruction of Beacon, the attack on Haven, and for the recent attacks on Mantle.

Ironwood: This powerful force goes by the name of Salem.

Yue changes to her rifle mode as Karen and I gun down more oncoming Grimm.

Ironwood: Salem seeks only to divide us.

Ironwood: To turn us against each other. If she can incite hatred in us, then we will lure in the Grimm and destroy ourselves.

Robyn: Salem herself does not work alone. Her minions have invaded our very city.

Ironwood: Arthur Watts and Tyrian Callows.

Ironwood: These men are the ones responsible for the recent murders in Mantle and for sabotaging the heating grid.

Karen and I launch three Aura Arcs cutting down two charging Megoliath.

Ironwood: But we cannot let ourselves give in to fear and panic. That is what she wants!

Ironwood: Instead, we must unite, and fight back, together. Every single one of us!

Ironwood: This, my friends, is why I was forced to divert resources from Mantle - for the Amity Communication Tower.

Ironwood: Amity Tower is now completed and ready to launch. It will re-establish all global communications.

Karen continues to fend off more Grimm as I direct more citizens to shelter and safety.

Ironwood: Because the safety of every citizen is imperative, the council and I have decided to evacuate everyone in Mantle to Atlas.

Ironwood: I am withdrawing all defenses from Amity in order to assist with repelling the Grimm in Mantle.

Robyn: We must put aside our differences and band together to defeat this threat. I fully support General Ironwood's plan.

Robyn: If you've made it to your local shelter, stay put. Help is on the way. And for those of you in Sector 17, I'll be seeing you personally.

After getting most of the citizens in our area to an Airship Karen and I look for anymore people or Grimm until we hear a loud roar in the distance.

Y/N & Karen: An alpha!

We run to see Ruby, Harriet, and Penny fighting against it as Penny is sent flying to the road as Ruby follows after her.

It charges at us as I use Yue in her Gauntlet form to hold its tusk stopping it in place.

Y/N: This thing is...tough!

Karen uses her flames to burn it as the Megoliath let's out a cry of pain.

Ruby: (over earpiece) Y/N, Karen, lead it to Penny!

Y/N & Karen: (over earpiece) Got it!

I push it back as I summon my wings and Karen uses her flames to fly.

Y/N & Karen: Come and get us!

It roars in response and starts chasing us as we turn to the street seeing Penny preparing a laser blast in the distance.

Penny: Now!

We move out of the way as she fires a huge laser, The Alpha Megoliath tilts its head down to the laser and begins struggling against it, still trying to get to Penny. It slowly makes its way forward, step by step, while Penny slides backward a little.

She separates three guns from the circle and uses them to fire a smaller laser directly at the Alpha Megoliath's right front tusk.

The smaller concentrated beam begins heating and scorching the tusk, and Penny concentrates while the Alpha Megoliath continues to make its way toward her.

Ruby: Now!

Penny clenches her fists and pulls back, and the concentrated lasers shut off. Now unimpeded, the Alpha Megoliath charges toward Penny once again, and Ruby uses her Semblance to fly past her and stops next to the scorched tusk.

She hooks her scythe on it, She places her feet against the tusk and then fires her rifle and kicks off, slicing through the burned portion of the tusk. While the Alpha Megoliath rears up and roars, Penny catches the severed tusk and slams it into the road below.

Ruby lands next to the Alpha Megoliath's rear foot, hooks her scythe on its ankle and fires the rifle to give the Alpha Megoliath a painful cut. It jerks its foot away, jumping and uttering a pained trumpet, before falling over onto the severed horn, which impales its chest.

Y/N: (Amazing...)

The street lamps return to their normal color, and the Grimm sirens shut off. Civilians come out of hiding, looking at Penny.

Dog Faunus: (fist in the air) Yeah, they saved us!

Woman in crowd: The protector of Mantle!

Yang: (over communicator) Just sent the ship up. Heading to the next LZ.

Nora: (over communicator) Ditto!

Jaune: (over communicator) Same here!

Penny: (using her communicator) Miss. Hill, the southern outskirts are clear.

Penny: It should be safe to begin evacuations now.

Robyn: Great work, Penny. Over and out.

I suddenly sense two hostile figures one near Ironwood and one near Qrow, Robyn, and Clover.

Y/N: (That has to be Tyrian and Watts)

I snap outta of it as we continue to escort more civilians into airships.

3rd Person POV:

From the middle of the arena, James Ironwood stares up at Arthur Watts, who is standing on a platform in one of the four gravity biomes.

A lava geyser shoots up from the fire biome to the left behind Ironwood, and another shoots up from the one to the right of the gravity biome Watts is in.

Watts aims his revolver at Ironwood, who draws his black revolver and aims it behind himself. Watts pulls back his gun's hammer.

Watts: Nineteen.

Ironwood fires a Gravity Dust bullet from his black gun, launching himself toward the gravity biome. Watts fires his gun at Ironwood, who shoots a Gravity Dust bullet to the side to dodge it.

Ironwood then fires another Gravity bullet to propel himself back in the gravity biome, Once he gets close to Watts he fires a bullet to the left sending him toward a floating wall on his right.

He kicks off the wall to put himself in the air above Watts, catching Watts off guard as he goes to punch only for Watts to leap outta the way causing Ironwood to punch the floor.

As he stands back up, he tosses his black revolver into the air and catches it by the muzzle, having flipped it around.

Watts attempts to aim at Ironwood again, but Ironwood swings the handle of his revolver at Watts' face as he leans back to dodge, leaving an opening for Ironwood to punch him in the diaphragm launching him in the air.

Ironwood then spins around spins around and kicks him in the gut, sending him flying across a gap to another platform. Watts rights himself in mid-air and lands on his toes, sliding backward.

He barely manages to lean his torso to the side to dodge a normal bullet fired by Ironwood. He then blocks two more normal bullets with a Hard-Light shield deployed from his rings.

Watts: Eighteen.

Watts fires and then activates one of his rings. Ironwood dives and rolls out of the way of the Electricity Dust bullet.

He gets up in a kneeling position and aims his white revolver at Watts, but there is a dull ping noise, followed by the gravity around Ironwood changing to levitate him into the air until another ping is heard and he gets slammed into a floating wall.

Ironwood: Ah!

Watts then runs away, jumping to another platform, and Ironwood gets up and gives chase along the floating walls. There is another dull ping, and Ironwood begins to fall from the wall he is standing on.

He fires a Gravity Dust bullet from his black gun to throw himself onto the adjacent platform and rolls across the floor.

The kickback from the shot was too much as Ironwood stumbles over to the edge once he gets on his feet. As he teeters on the edge, he fires his white revolver, using the recoil to steady himself and keep himself on the platform.

Watts creates small Hard-Light platforms to traverse over the sunken geyser biome toward another gravity biome. Ironwood follows him across, barely managing to make it from one Hard-Light platform to another before they disappear.

He fires his gun at Watts, who activates one of his rings, triggering a geyser beneath Ironwood. Ironwood cries out as the boiling water hits him and throws him to the side.

He then fires his black gun and fires a Gravity Dust bullet, sending him flying back up into the air to land in the gravity biome that Watts had fled to. He runs up a wall and onto the underside of a platform.

He and Watts run parallel with one another, firing normal bullets at each other, with Ironwood using his white gun to shoot and Watts using his Hard-Light shield to defend.

Watts then fires He and Watts run parallel with one another, firing normal bullets at each other, with Ironwood using his white gun to shoot and Watts using his Hard-Light shield to defend.

Watts: Fourteen, thirteen.

Ironwood leaps across the gap toward Watts, who activates one of his rings, causing Ironwood to fall down to the platform below.

He fires another Gravity dust bullet hitting Watts knocking him off his platform and into a wall. Ironwood lands on his feet, while Watts falls along the wall, landing on his shoulder on the platform that Ironwood is on.

While Watts starts to get up on his hands and knees, Ironwood holsters his revolvers, walks over and kicks him in the gut, knocking him into the wall.

Watts lands on his feet, just in time for Ironwood to punch him in the head. Watts attempts to punch back with his right hand and then his left, but Ironwood leans to the sides to avoid his fists, grabs onto Watts' upper arm, and punches him hard in the ribs.

He then grabs Watts by the throat and presses him up against the wall, lifting him up from the floor. Watts aims his revolver at Ironwood's face and shoots an Electricity Dust bullet and a Fire Dust bullet, forcing Ironwood to let go and dodge.

Ironwood grabs Watts' wrist, reaches across his back to draw his white gun, and aims it at Watts. Watts leans to the side, grabs the underside of Ironwood's gun, and jumps up and over Ironwood, who fires his gun while Watts still has the muzzle in his hand.

Due to his being twisted around, Ironwood is forced to let go of him, as Watts lets go off his gun.

Ironwood aims his gun at Watts, but Watts shoots first, firing an Electricity Dust bullet, which Ironwood blocks with his right arm. Watts flies backwards, turns in mid-air and lands on the floor.

Watts: Ten.

Ironwood looks at his prosthetic arm for a moment and then fires his white gun at Watts, who runs away as Ironwood gives chase only for Watts to use a ring to change gravity once again and runs up a wall in front of him. As he chases Watts up the wall, Ironwood fires at him with his white gun.

Watts turns and shoots a Fire Dust bullet and Ice Dust bullet, which knock the black gun from Ironwood's hand. Watts shoots one more Fire Dust bullet and then runs up onto the top of the wall.

Watts: Seven.

He shuts off the gravity for the wall and flees, but Ironwood manages to grab onto the edge with his left hand and pulls himself up.

Once he reaches the top, he sees Watts fleeing to another gravity biome on Hard-Light platforms. Instead of following, Ironwood looks off to the left.

Immediately after Watts arrives in the other gravity biome, a lava geyser erupts from the sunken fire biome below. Watts looks back at it, and when the lava falls, he looks around in surprise, having lost sight of Ironwood.

As Watts peeks over the edge at the fire biome, Ironwood leaps up onto a platform behind him and begins running.

Watts: Hmph.

Ironwood fires a normal bullet, striking Watts' shoulder and causing his Aura to flicker. Watts cries out in pain, then turns and angrily fires an Ice Dust bullet, which freezes Ironwood's right foot to the floor.

He moves up to the underside of a platform above them, as Ironwood shoots the ice trapping his leg, shattering the ice, and runs toward Watts, firing at him.

Watts blocks with a Hard-Light shield and fires back with a normal bullet at first, followed by a series of Electricity Dust bullets.

At one point, Ironwood's bullet and Watts' bullet deflect each other.

Ironwood and Watts leap at each other and grab onto each other's hands, rotating in the air due to the conflicting gravitational fields. Ironwood lets go of Watts' gun and punches him in the jaw, and Watts counters by headbutting him.

Watts changes the gravity again, and the two fall onto the underside of a platform, landing on their sides. They get up, and Watts activates one of his rings and attempts to leap away, only for Ironwood to grab his ankle and slam him onto the floor.

Watts' Aura flickers and then breaks, as he stands and aims his revolver, only to see Ironwood already charging toward him. Ironwood tackles him, and the two go flying from the gravity biome, turning and flailing as they enter the planet's true gravitational pull.

They both slam into the floor of the arena's center platform, and the impact breaks Ironwood's Aura. As he slides across the floor, Watts rights himself into a kneel and uses his rings on the platform, which begins to rise up. Ironwood stands up and checks his gun's ammo, panting.

Watts: You never appreciated my genius, James.

Ironwood puts the revolving chamber away and flips his gun around to hold it by the muzzle.

Watts: You just stood atop it and called yourself a giant!

Watts, also holding his revolver by the muzzle, charges forward, spins, and attempts to slam the side of his left fist into Ironwood's face, but Ironwood backs away from him.

He then moves forward and slams the butt of his revolver into Ironwood's nose, causing Ironwood to recoil and stumble back. Watts then attempts to punch with his left hand, but Ironwood blocks and redirects it with his right arm.

Watts swings his revolver to the left at Ironwood's face again and barely misses. He then swings his revolver and his left fist to the right, but Ironwood ducks under both attacks.

While Watts is turned away, Ironwood attempts to strike him with his revolver, but Watts turns and puts his left arm up to stop Ironwood's right arm.

The force of Ironwood's right arm causes Watts to bend at his knees, and he then slams his revolver into Ironwood's chest, causing Ironwood to stumble back.

Ironwood: I gave you everything you could have wanted!

Watts: You choose that fat imbecile over me!

The platform finally stops rising, docking itself in an octogonal ring just under the Amity Communications Tower's machinery.

Ironwood charges at Watts, as he holds his gun out, but Ironwood pushes it aside with his left hand and then slams the butt of his revolver against Watts' mouth.

Watts stumbles and backs away, while Ironwood presses forward and strikes him across the jaw with his revolver. He attempts to defend with his arm, but once again, Ironwood punches him hard enough to cause him to turn.

As they near a metal beam, Watts hits across Ironwood's face with his revolver and moves forward to take the offensive as Ironwood recoils from the blow.

However, Ironwood recovers and punches Watts in the gut hard enough to send him flying back against the metal beam.

Ironwood attempts to hit him with his revolver again, but Watts grabs Ironwood's arm and attempts to aim his own revolver at Ironwood's head. Ironwood grabs onto Watts' wrist and the two stand locked in place.

Watts: (chuckles) I suppose in this instance, my brains and your brawn are evenly matched.

Ironwood stares Watts in the eyes, with the barrel of Watts' revolver pressed to his temple.

Ironwood: You're smart, but you're not the only one who can count.

The two of them pant, and Watts lowers his gun, Ironwood letting go of his wrist. Ironwood starts to calm down but is soon alerted by the tone in Watts' voice.

Watts: Oh, I know.

He drops his revolver, and Ironwood looks at it. Watts then grabs Ironwood's left wrist and swings him around to trade places with him. He then shoves Ironwood's arm through a gap in the metal beam and shoves himself away, collapsing to the floor.

Four of Watts' rings are placed within the gap in the beam, held in place by a Hard-Light barrier that has trapped Ironwood's left arm. Ironwood attempts to pull his arm through, only for the barrier to tear and burn his skin, causing him to scream in pain.

Watts: That was a little too close for my liking, James.

He stands up, flexing his fingers and then making a fist.

Watts: Rebuilding those rings is going to be such a pain.

Ironwood glares at Watts, who turns and begins walking away.

Watts: Now, if you'll excuse me.

Ironwood grips his upper arm and begins slowly pulling it through the barrier again, groaning and wincing in pain.

Watts: I wouldn't do that if I were you. I mean, unless you're hoping to add more metal to that body of yours.

Ironwood stops for a moment, panting and sweating. He closes his eyes and resumes pulling. Watts uses his remaining rings to highlight portions of the tower's machinery in cyan boxes.

Watts: All right now, where did they put them?

Behind him, Ironwood cries out, and there is a thud. Watts' eyes widen, and he looks over his shoulder to see Ironwood sitting up from the floor, panting, with smoke rising from his left arm. Watts turns to face him, shocked.

Watts: What?!

He stands, charges forward, and uses his right arm to grab Watts by the collar of his shirt. He slams Watts onto the floor and continues running, scraping the right side of Watts' face against the floor, before lifting him up to dangle him over the edge of the platform.

Lava bubbles and rises from the fire biome far below Watts, who stares down at it and then looks at the panting Ironwood.

Ironwood: I will sacrifice... whatever it takes... to stop her.

Watts: (smirking) Oh, I hope you do, James. (spits blood) I hope you do.

Timeskip Y/N POV~

After getting a call from Ironwood to return to Atlas I fly back with Penny while the others are in Mantas.

Weiss: I don't understand.

Weiss: Why would the general call us back without giving a reason?

Ren: Especially with evacuations still going on in Mantle.

Elm: You don't have to understand orders, kids. You just have to follow them.

Harriet: Civvy transports won't be stopping anytime soon. If the general says he needs us now, he needs us now.

Jaune: You all get to the general and find out what's happening. We'll bring Oscar and see you soon.

We arrive at Ironwood's office to see him sitting behind his desk with his back turned to us.

Harriet: General Ironwood.

Ironwood: (turning his chair to face him) We have made a critical error.

He places a queen chess piece made of black glass on his desk.

Ironwood: The Black Queen was the symbol Salem showed us before we lost everything. Her way of telling us she was inside.

Ironwood: That it was too late. We stopped Watts. We stopped Callows, but someone was here. They put this in my office to tell me that--

I see his expression to one of pure horror.

Ironwood: (panicking) What if Mantle was just a distraction? What if it was just to draw us away from the academy to, to--

Weiss: Sir. I-it's going to be okay. We've got Mantle on our side now, and--

Ironwood: How do we know that wasn't part of their plan?

He brings his hand down on his desk and stands up.

Y/N: (He's losing it)

Ironwood: How do we know they didn't want us to bring people into Atlas by the thousands?

Vine: In trying to save everyone, we left ourselves most vulnerable.

Ironwood: Salem has been one step ahead of us this entire time!

He angrily slams his fist down on his desk, denting it. The impact bounces Watts' bag and the chess piece, and the latter falls over and rolls across the desk, emitting the characteristic noises of glass.

Ruby: It's... glass.

Y/N: Cinder.

Yang: She's alive? And she's here?!

Ironwood: (sighs) If Cinder's here, then, for all we know, Hazel's here, too!

Blake: Sir, this isn't over yet. We're with you.

She places her hand to her chest and gives him an encouraging look. He looks at her and straightens up, his voice gaining an ominously serious tone.

Ironwood. Are you with me?

Vine: Sir?

Ironwood: How did Robyn know about the Global Communications Project?

Yang: We told her.

Yang: The night of the ambush.

Elm: You did what?!

Yang: We were trying to help.

Marrow: By going behind our backs?

Harriet: Wait. Does that mean you let her escape?

Yang: Robyn is on our side!

Yang: She always has been.

Ironwood: We didn't know that for sure.

Weiss: None of this matters right now!

Ironwood: Loyalty always matters!

I suddenly sense a hostile prescene behind Ironwood.

I see red tentacles heading towards him as I rush forward and block them the orb flies back with Salem voice coming out from it.

Salem: General Ironwood.

The Seer's tentacles tense and curl up, and it trembles, emitting a high-pitched screech as its head cracks. Ironwood watches in fear, backing up against a wall with his gun still aimed at the Grimm.

The Seer withdraws its tentacles against itself, turns over, and drops to the floor, the red smoke inside of its head fading away.

Smoke pours from the crack, swirling into the air and forming an apparition of Salem. Her voice echoes out from the apparition as it speaks.

Salem: The brave Huntsmen and Huntresses bested Arthur Watts. Congratulations.

Ruby: We stopped Tyrian, too. And we'll stop Cinder, and anyone else you try to send here.

Salem: Dear girl, their goal was never victory. It was merely to set the stage.

Ironwood: For what?

Salem: (smiles) For me.

I suddenly sense a presence filled with hatred and desire of destruction.

Y/N: She's here?

Salem: Time isn't on your side, James. It's always been on mine.

Salem: The people of Atlas have suffered enough. Surrender the Staff and the Lamp to me, and they needn't suffer any further.

Ironwood: That's... not going to happen.

Salem: Simply accept the futility of your situation...

Salem: (softly) And this can all be over.

Ruby: We've seen what you're capable of. The lamp showed us.

Salem's feigned smile disappears, and she straightens up. Ruby is staring confidently at her.

Ruby: It showed us everything.

Ruby: We've seen that you can't be killed. But we've also seen you fail.

Ruby: We don't have to kill you to stop you. And we will stop you.

Salem: Your mother said those words to me.

I see Ruby lose her confidence.

Ruby: My... mother?

Salem: She was wrong, too.

Ruby begins crying and quickly lowers her head and presses her hands to her eyes.

I run over to try and confront her as she frantically wipes her tears away, with her Silver Eyes flickering a couple of times, and then she yelps as her eyes emit a brief flash. She whimpers, gripping her head and swaying.

Y/N: Ruby, breathe! Breathe!

She leans over to rest her head on my lap trying to slow her breathing, as the apperation fades away.

Marrow: That's Salem?! That's who we're up against?!

Harriet: And she's apparently on her way.

Elm: But we'd be alerted if any forces had approached the Kingdom. We have long-range proximity alarms all along the coast, and--

Vine: They're offline. With all of the chaos, we didn't notice.

Marrow: Watts must have shut them down!

Ironwood: Or they've already been destroyed.

Elm: What? All of them?

Blake: You said in your speech that Amity Tower was ready to launch. Was that true?

Yang: No. You just said that... to lure out Watts.

Weiss: General Ironwood?

Ironwood: I sent your sister to claim the power of the Winter Maiden.

Weiss: What?

Ironwood: When I realized we'd been compromised, I knew we couldn't wait any longer. The Staff and the Lamp have to be locked away.

Ruby: (standing back up) I thought... you said we could keep it.

Ironwood: (anger slowly returning to his voice) Well, that was before you lied to me about the Lamp. Before you lied to us about Robyn, before Salem was right on our doorstep.

Ironwood: Before Mantle was nearly destroyed, and myself and my army were left exhausted.

He lashes out, hitting Watts' bag off of his desk. He takes a moment to calm down and sets his gun on the desk.

Ironwood: The timeline has changed. And so we must change accordingly.

Harriet: What are our orders, sir?

Ironwood: We are going to take our plan for Amity Tower and apply it to the city of Atlas.

Ruby: What?!

Ironwood: It was Oz's plan in a former life. But he didn't take it far enough.

I stand up in shock.

Y/N: You can't mean--

Ironwood: If we harness the power of the Staff, and raise ourselves high into the atmosphere, the city's artificial climate will keep citizens and food supplies unharmed. Always out of reach of whatever Salem may try to send our way.

Blake: But we're nowhere near finished evacuating everyone! You'd be leaving Mantle to die.

Ironwood: Yes... I would.

Ironwood: We can't allow Salem to capture the Relics. This is our best chance at getting the Staff, the Lamp, and the Maiden as far away from her as possible.

Ironwood: Sometimes, doing the right thing means making tough decisions.

Blake: You're right. And I think the right thing to do would be to stand our ground.

Yang: Me too.

Weiss: Me too.

Ruby: Me too.

Y/N: Me too.

Harriet: We ran ourselves ragged trying to save Mantle tonight. We try that again against an even larger force--

Yang: But you're Huntsmen and Huntresses! You can't just back down from a fight!

Vine: You can't focus on one single fight while trying to win a war.

Y/N: What's the point of winning a war if we can't live with ourselves after?

Weiss: What's the council going to say?

Ironwood: Nothing. Once I declare Martial Law.

Weiss: (distraught) No.

Blake: What about Robyn?

Elm: Who exactly are you loyal to?

Ruby: We're loyal to the people counting on us to save them!

Ironwood: We are saving who we can.

Ironwood: And you're standing in our way.

Suddenly, Ruby's Scroll flashes and vibrates. It then lights up with a ping noise and emits Jaune's voice, causing Ruby to look at it.

Jaune: It's Jaune! We've got a serious problem!

Ruby gains a determined expression and reaches for her Scroll. Ironwood steps toward her, bringing his hand out from behind his back, and Ruby uses her Semblance to split into two separate blurs and quickly fly past him.

Ruby: Ironwood's declaring Martial Law and abandoning Mantle! Salem is coming, and he's going to use the Staff to move Atlas. If we don't stop him, then Mantle's going to be des--

Communications get cut off.

Ruby: What? No!

We look at Ironwood, who is holding his Scroll up. He puts his Scroll away and heads for the door.

I'm sorry it's come to this, but until Atlas and the Relics are safe, you're all under arrest.

Ruby: We won't just let you take us.

Ironwood stops in front of the door, and the Ace-Ops move to stand between him and Team RWBY, staring at Ruby and her teammates. Ironwood glances over his shoulder at them.

Ironwood: I know.

Y/N: So, that's it then?

Ironwood: What?

I feel my Aura exploding out of me with Miyuki's mask forming over my face.

Y/N: Just keeping us under lockdown while letting others die because of your fear.

Ironwood: Then tell me what can you do against Salem?!

Y/N: We can stop her by working together but not by sacrificing the people you swore to protect!

I throw my sword at the window causing it to break.

Y/N: Isn't that a Huntsmens sworn duty?!

I walk towards the opening as Karen stands in front of me.

Y/N: Karen.

Karen: (smiles) Go... I'll help them out.

Y/N: Thank you.

I jump out the window as I get a message on my spare scroll.

Y/N: (Hopefully this plan will work)

Chapter End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 28 8
(I do not own RWBY or any of the images. RWBY is own by Rooster Teeth and all images belong to their rightful owners)
66.5K 1.3K 42
RWBY is owned by RoosterTeeth Baku and other characters belong to Sethical Formerly #1 in the rwby tag
2.5K 27 13
Time for volume 4 RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth Oc's Belong to me and my friends
2K 43 16
(I don't own anything. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and all art work belongs to their respective owners)